Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2015, 12:21 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 40
foia is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks Aman

Thanks Aman for being Legal Immigrants voice. God bless you.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #17 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 54
john_jony is on a distinguished road
Default great speech from Aman

That represented the exact frustrations felt by millions of legal immigrants in ironically this land of immigrants.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #18 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2015, 02:40 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 34
gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future
Default

Well done, Sir!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #19 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2015, 03:58 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 628
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Which is fine because nothing is easy. These rights comes from creator, including the right to live free (meaning change employer at free will). But companies, immigration lawyers and bureaucrats have ensured that people in backlogs cannot live free and change jobs. They seem to pretend and make it look like as if they are having this decades long intellectual discussion about whether to let immigrants change jobs or whom does I-140 belong. No where in the law does it say that immigrants should not be allowed to change jobs during green card process. The only requirement in the law is that immigrants wait for 180 days after filing AOS. But law doesn't say that immigrants cannot change jobs before filing AOS or 180 days after filing AOS.

There is a system of corruption where in companies and immigration lawyers control the system. The system is designed to ensure that some how immigrants are denied rights for long time and then immigrants with fewer rights are used as tools to displace Americans in the job market and to keep wages low. This corrupt system works great for small handful of employers but it hurts Americans and immigrants alike.
The reason I said that was because after searching the non-government panelists yesterday, I thought to that the money interest is very powerful compared to us. Just re-stating what you have said it that EVERYONE is trying to get us.

I checked the esteemed panelists who were invited as “employer’s representatives”. The lady is a lawyer from a law firm in CA and is also an AILA Chairperson and liaison at USCIS CSC. The guy, who was asked to talk about VB reversal, is from Deloitte in NY. We all know Deloitte files huge numbers (total of more than 10,000 H-1Bs in FY2015). Here is one company where many many immigrant employees will leave on the next opportunity, which I think the guy mentioned in his comment. Deliotte’s own report on turn over calls it “resume tsunami”.

As the adage in consulting goes “If you are not part of the solution, there is good money to be made by prolonging the problem”. Since it is not their problem, I do not expect them to talk in our favor but there is definitely very good chance that they are all in for prolonging the problem.

Waiting for action items!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2015, 12:00 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 19
saturn12 is on a distinguished road
Default Great Job Aman

Saw the Video great job,lets see if these people do some changes.

Thanks to all the members and Aman for the good work.

Raj
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #21 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2015, 01:22 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 36
max4438 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
The reason I said that was because after searching the non-government panelists yesterday, I thought to that the money interest is very powerful compared to us. Just re-stating what you have said it that EVERYONE is trying to get us.

I checked the esteemed panelists who were invited as “employer’s representatives”. The lady is a lawyer from a law firm in CA and is also an AILA Chairperson and liaison at USCIS CSC. The guy, who was asked to talk about VB reversal, is from Deloitte in NY. We all know Deloitte files huge numbers (total of more than 10,000 H-1Bs in FY2015). Here is one company where many many immigrant employees will leave on the next opportunity, which I think the guy mentioned in his comment. Deliotte’s own report on turn over calls it “resume tsunami”.

As the adage in consulting goes “If you are not part of the solution, there is good money to be made by prolonging the problem”. Since it is not their problem, I do not expect them to talk in our favor but there is definitely very good chance that they are all in for prolonging the problem.

Waiting for action items!!!
Out of curiosity - who are the panelists on the stage?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #22 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2015, 01:38 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 628
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by max4438 View Post
Out of curiosity - who are the panelists on the stage?
Check the agenda here:
2015 Fifth Annual Conference | Homeland Security
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #23 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2015, 02:03 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 23
rsr_am is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by max4438 View Post
Out of curiosity - who are the panelists on the stage?
The day is not far when we start seeing workers (IV) as one of the panelists. If employers/lawyers can have 2 panelists, so should employees....

The moderator then will be forced to ask opinions of how the employees/workers see a particular question/scenario/regulation, not just listening to employers pains and their difficulties..
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #24 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2015, 02:22 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 628
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsr_am View Post
The day is not far when we start seeing workers (IV) as one of the panelists. If employers/lawyers can have 2 panelists, so should employees....

The moderator then will be forced to ask opinions of how the employees/workers see a particular question/scenario/regulation, not just listening to employers pains and their difficulties..
Hope your wish comes true.

Enough of this shit: employer claiming to represent us without heart and lawyers worshiping their masters (employers). Beurocrats agreeing to both to get their next high paying job at employers or lawyers. It's a game about us but we are not in it (except on various forms)
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #25 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2015, 03:37 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 36
max4438 is on a distinguished road
Default

I am absolutely disgusted to find Deloitte as one the panelists. Does anyone think that they will ever allow EAD l140? Now the watering down of the executive action- special cases and 1 yr wait etc starts making sense.

Let's make this video viral, forward it to all friends/family who have been impacted or know someone who is affected. Let's stop living in delusion that if we wait long enough our turn will come, this is about perversion of policy and displacement of workers to benefit a few individuals. No company in their right mind will ever give up this steady supply of bonded laborers.

Even if I become a citizen I will be worried because this perversed immigration policy will lower down my salary and get me and my kids out of job because I can never compete with a bonded labor willing to work at half the salary for 10 years for a chance at GC. Let's make sure all Americans know of this not just legal bonded immigrants.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2015, 09:58 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 39
GC2022 is infamous around these parts GC2022 is infamous around these parts
Default the panelists

Elissa McGovern - the one who was chairing this - U.S. Department of Labor. Ms. McGovern is the Chief of the Policy Division for the Department of Labor’s Office of Foreign Labor Certification. She was formerly Of Counsel to the firm of Greenberg Traurig LLP, focusing on legislative and agency advocacy on immigration issues affecting employers in the global marketplace. Ms. McGovern is the former Associate Director of Liaison for the American Immigration Lawyer’s Association and a past Chair of the AILA Greater Washington, D.C., Chapter, as well as a former member of the steering committee of Compete America - She was fine untill aman asked her to stop laughing, thats when she was like - OK shit is getting serious lets shut this guy up before it hits the fan. Alright Aman - thank you. thank you. thank you. thank you. please. please. thank you.

Peter Schiron - The dude who was taking notes constanly as if he gave a shit, Works at the same place i work ( Deloitte LLP) he is an assistant general councel. Aman gave this guy the wee wees. Hence the vigorous note taking.

Frederick Troncone - The french beard who acknowl.../understands our situation is the CISOmbudsman. I just wrote to his Office to make this full video available publicly. Lets see what they say. they made the damn thing private.

Sharvari Dalal-Dheini (USCIS) - Ex lawyer - now with USCIS. SHe was also taking notes for some reason, considering she knows exactly what aman was talking about.

Alexandra P. Haskell - USCIS

Kevin Cummings - Our hero who cannot comment till rule is actually proposed. He also chose not to answer why it took so long for Same or similar and why we have a one year wait time as well.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2015, 02:15 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 40
Jambo is on a distinguished road
Angry Who are the heroes and villains?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC2022 View Post
Elissa McGovern - the one who was chairing this - U.S. Department of Labor. Ms. McGovern is the Chief of the Policy Division for the Department of Labor’s Office of Foreign Labor Certification. She was formerly Of Counsel to the firm of Greenberg Traurig LLP, focusing on legislative and agency advocacy on immigration issues affecting employers in the global marketplace. Ms. McGovern is the former Associate Director of Liaison for the American Immigration Lawyer’s Association and a past Chair of the AILA Greater Washington, D.C., Chapter, as well as a former member of the steering committee of Compete America - She was fine untill aman asked her to stop laughing, thats when she was like - OK shit is getting serious lets shut this guy up before it hits the fan. Alright Aman - thank you. thank you. thank you. thank you. please. please. thank you.

Peter Schiron - The dude who was taking notes constanly as if he gave a shit, Works at the same place i work ( Deloitte LLP) he is an assistant general councel. Aman gave this guy the wee wees. Hence the vigorous note taking.

Frederick Troncone - The french beard who acknowl.../understands our situation is the CISOmbudsman. I just wrote to his Office to make this full video available publicly. Lets see what they say. they made the damn thing private.

Sharvari Dalal-Dheini (USCIS) - Ex lawyer - now with USCIS. SHe was also taking notes for some reason, considering she knows exactly what aman was talking about.

Alexandra P. Haskell - USCIS

Kevin Cummings - Our hero who cannot comment till rule is actually proposed. He also chose not to answer why it took so long for Same or similar and why we have a one year wait time as well.
So it looks like Kevin Cummings is one of our true heroes and proponents. Who are the other folks on the panel that are on our side, and who are the ones that would like to see continued indentured servitude?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #28 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2015, 05:00 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 641
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I have a very important question I am hoping someone could answer.

Whenever someting on immigration happens many immigration blogs post the news and updates. Aman's video is a watershed event on immigration. It is a first time public outside the closed negotitiation rooms saw how Immigration Voice leadership speaks with powers that be. While some IV volunteers already know much much IV pushes and argues to talk about our interests, public at large never knew this.

But I am amazed none of the popular immigration blogs, business, websites, trackers that people quote every day have reported or published this video on their website. Why?

Is it far to think that these popular websites do not support Immigrant rights and EAD for I140?

I am just trying to put 2 and 2 together. Please help me understand this.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #29 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2015, 05:40 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 135
Bhishma is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
[b]

I am just trying to put 2 and 2 together. Please help me understand this.
Dude,

What Aman is doing is 'service' to backlogged skilled immigrant community and the rest you mentioned are doing is 'business'.
Supporting Aman's efforts or quoting him will conflict with their business interests. I am glad you finally noticed and many thousands are yet to notice/learn this bitter truth

Again, it is important that know your friends
__________________
Repeat after me: "Immigration lawyers are Pro-Immigration but Anti-Immigrant"
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #30 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2015, 06:40 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 338
sengs is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
I have a very important question I am hoping someone could answer.

Whenever someting on immigration happens many immigration blogs post the news and updates. Aman's video is a watershed event on immigration. It is a first time public outside the closed negotitiation rooms saw how Immigration Voice leadership speaks with powers that be. While some IV volunteers already know much much IV pushes and argues to talk about our interests, public at large never knew this.

But I am amazed none of the popular immigration blogs, business, websites, trackers that people quote every day have reported or published this video on their website. Why?

Is it far to think that these popular websites do not support Immigrant rights and EAD for I140?

I am just trying to put 2 and 2 together. Please help me understand this.
In one way it is good that they are not posting anything in support of EAD/AP for I140. If anything these groups / websites will post, will give a false sense of security to the high-skilled folks, those who follow those websites, and they will stop the little fluttering they are doing after Aman's monologue. As you already understand by now that in reality these groups, always and I mean all the time advocate against relief to the backlog, even if they come out with a letter of support or a blog full of lies.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Main Stream Media Asian Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 17 06-18-2006 09:46 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org