Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2015, 09:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Toadie is on a distinguished road

You could see the sentiment, anger and hopelessness in Aman's voice. Great to see someone let the frustration out and be heard. But I have started saying the same thing about US that I used to say for India.. "Sala is desh ka kuch nahi ho sakta"
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2015, 03:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jambo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadie View Post
You could see the sentiment, anger and hopelessness in Aman's voice. Great to see someone let the frustration out and be heard. But I have started saying the same thing about US that I used to say for India.. "Sala is desh ka kuch nahi ho sakta"
Can you please translate this? Not all of us on here grew up in India.

Old 11-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wetfeet80 is on a distinguished road

He used that phrase to express frustration and hopelessness with the country, and is worried that it is going the same path as India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
Can you please translate this? Not all of us on here grew up in India.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:32 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of
Default Pledge to comment on new rule

It is my pledge to at-least ensure that 100 friends and family members will comment on the rule. I am going to ensure that all my friends are aware about the rule and they comment on it. There is no way government official can ignore comments from 10,000+ people and do what they want. AILA may be powerful in terms of money but we have strength of numbers.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Toadie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorda View Post
It is my pledge to at-least ensure that 100 friends and family members will comment on the rule. I am going to ensure that all my friends are aware about the rule and they comment on it. There is no way government official can ignore comments from 10,000+ people and do what they want. AILA may be powerful in terms of money but we have strength of numbers.
We have huge number of people who are followers. Ray of hope is all it would take.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by max4438 View Post
I am absolutely disgusted to find Deloitte as one the panelists. Does anyone think that they will ever allow EAD l140? Now the watering down of the executive action- special cases and 1 yr wait etc starts making sense.

Let's make this video viral, forward it to all friends/family who have been impacted or know someone who is affected. Let's stop living in delusion that if we wait long enough our turn will come, this is about perversion of policy and displacement of workers to benefit a few individuals. No company in their right mind will ever give up this steady supply of bonded laborers.

Even if I become a citizen I will be worried because this perversed immigration policy will lower down my salary and get me and my kids out of job because I can never compete with a bonded labor willing to work at half the salary for 10 years for a chance at GC. Let's make sure all Americans know of this not just legal bonded immigrants.
I thought you might be interested (but even more disgusted) to know that Deloitte is the #1 H-1B LCA filer. 120,000 H-1B LCAs in one year! Wow! Total employees 225,000. I guess they are maximizing the chances of H-1B lottery.

http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.g..._FY2015_Q4.pdf

Old 11-09-2015, 02:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-15
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gccommando is on a distinguished road

did you speak all this in the conference or you are texting all this to us...i hope you spoke all this at the conference

Old 11-09-2015, 02:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gccommando View Post
did you speak all this in the conference or you are texting all this to us...i hope you spoke all this at the conference
this is what was spoken at the conference
https://youtu.be/Eu7bat3S3EI

Old 11-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Padala is on a distinguished road

Here is 7hrs video

Some other gentle man also suggested an early AOS filing, Its exactly at 2 hrs 50 seconds of the record. His name was not mentioned.

Is he also from some organisation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUh-...ature=youtu.be

Old 11-09-2015, 09:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
abhayjo will become famous soon enough abhayjo will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Hats Off

I am short of words after hearing Aman's observations and questions. If that doesn't convey frustration and agony (to DHS ) then one has to be deaf and blind. The video is the epitome of the Immigration Voice. Take a bow !

Old 11-09-2015, 10:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikastaneja is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padala View Post
Here is 7hrs video

Some other gentle man also suggested an early AOS filing, Its exactly at 2 hrs 50 seconds of the record. His name was not mentioned.

Is he also from some organisation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUh-...ature=youtu.be
I think he is trying to make up for the dates that were re-published. This is all BS.

Old 11-10-2015, 06:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Good morning, here is something to read with your coffee: Immigrant Confronts DHS On Disregard For American Workers | The Daily Caller

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eadeadead is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks. Balle Aman Bau!!!

Hi Friends

First of all I want to thank Aman for giving a great speech at the meeting. I have watched the video more than ten times to see the courage and daring of this guy.

I was trying to analyze what was said and body language of the panelists. In my view Aman did not present the frustration, instead he presented the upcoming possible kill of this executive action. If I may remember in all the previous times, IV has always been appreciative of admin until after VB fiasco. This seems to be serious issue now as I would say that this was the attempt to rescue dead from alive.

Now lets look at panelists, most of them were trying to avoid confrontation and were taking notes and were hoping that this guy stops talking and let us go home. But also implies that we have done damage now nothing can be changed.

Overall it was a great try to do CPR but constant ventilator and Epinephrine is required to rescue i140 ead unless the prognosis seems to be grave.

Old 11-10-2015, 09:42 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
namitxyz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eadeadead View Post
Hi Friends
I was trying to analyze what was said and body language of the panelists. In my view Aman did not present the frustration, instead he presented the upcoming possible kill of this executive action. If I may remember in all the previous times, IV has always been appreciative of admin until after VB fiasco. This seems to be serious issue now as I would say that this was the attempt to rescue dead from alive.
Let me give you a piece of advice. Trust your leader or get the hell out of here and become a f'ing lobbyist yourself and fix this issue.

Old 11-10-2015, 09:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
max4438 is on a distinguished road

Another piece on H1B gaming and how the big Indian IT companies game it on NYT - http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/11/us...-the-cold.html

When will everyone realize that big companies addiction to bonded labor will never go away. The only pragmatic way to make all these issues go away is to reduce the attractiveness of H1B workers by making sure they are not bonded laborers. Can someone contact the NYT reporter and make them aware of this issue?

The article talks about people not able to get H1B due to big companies gaming the lottery. But no one talks about what happens when they do get an H1B? After 8 years of no increase in salary, no job mobility they become frustrated and post on IV forums. Will NYT do a piece on that?