Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2015, 10:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wetfeet80 is on a distinguished road

Made my day. Now I can enjoy my coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Good morning, here is something to read with your coffee: Immigrant Confronts DHS On Disregard For American Workers | The Daily Caller
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
max4438 is on a distinguished road

Actually, instead of ranting, let me add something useful I saw on the NYT piece that perhaps Admins can use.

NYT has done some very nice data collection that shows majority of H1B workers are from India and are working on below market rate salaries.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...h1b-visas.html

The graphs even break down the below market rate salaries by companies.

We should get NYT to do an article about why this is the case. Its because Indian IT workers are stuck in decade long backlogs and the only practical way to fix this is to address the GC issue. I don't think in any other place in the world will an employer be able to hold the employee for more than 10 years at the relatively the same salary and position.

By the way such type of H1B pieces appear in the media every 8 months and always stop short of addressing the problem.

Maybe IV members can also comment on the article, upvote positive ones to highlight the real issue.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

IMO, we dont have to comment on Julia Preston's articles in NYT. She knows exactly what she is doing. After all she's the one who exposed the Disney and SCB. Sit back, relax and enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max4438 View Post
Actually, instead of ranting, let me add something useful I saw on the NYT piece that perhaps Admins can use.

NYT has done some very nice data collection that shows majority of H1B workers are from India and are working on below market rate salaries.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...h1b-visas.html

The graphs even break down the below market rate salaries by companies.

We should get NYT to do an article about why this is the case. Its because Indian IT workers are stuck in decade long backlogs and the only practical way to fix this is to address the GC issue. I don't think in any other place in the world will an employer be able to hold the employee for more than 10 years at the relatively the same salary and position.

By the way such type of H1B pieces appear in the media every 8 months and always stop short of addressing the problem.

Maybe IV members can also comment on the article, upvote positive ones to highlight the real issue.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aj0858 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Thank You Aman

Thanks Aman and IV for being a voice for all of us, and your dedication and time commitment to our cause.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:15 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone see this

Immigrant Confronts DHS On Disregard For American Workers | The Daily Caller