Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2015, 07:53 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 996
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stream of conscience

Link to the YouTube video from earlier today at DHS Ombudsman:
https://youtu.be/Eu7bat3S3EI

This video represents the collective anguish of the skilled Immigrants stuck in green card backlog who have very few rights and are victims of a corrupt system protected by a syndicate of employers, immigration lawyers and government officials. This syndicate functions as a mafia whose purpose is to ensure the status quo so the system continues to bring in immigrant workers with fewer rights into US and ensures that those workers continue to have fewer rights so companies can have more control over immigrants workers to displace Americans.

The system feeds off the work of very little job mobility for Immigrants. The way the real system works, immigrants with fewer rights are more attractive to the employers over equivalent American workers, resulting in the displacement of American workers. This is the real reason for instances of American losing job to temporary visa holders in companies like Disney, Southern California Edison and hundreds of other companies across the country. So the system ensures that immigrants are exploited and Americans are discriminated against. This is not an exception, this is the norm and this is how the real system works.

DHS Ombudsman’s Annual report shows a graph for L1B RFE rate. Immigration Voice wants to know, why the Ombudsman/DHS/USCIS has never EVER published any report showing number of Americans displaced by H1 & L1 visa programs – Americans who lost their jobs because their replacement had fewer rights, or, immigrants who were exploited by employers.

I just sat through a day’s worth of nonsensical commentary about how to bring in more Immigrants into the country and to ensure that they have fewer rights. There was not a peep about the rights of immigrant workers. No one asked obvious questions about the many elephants in the room. Why DHS/Ombudsman Annual event has only immigration lawyers or company representatives as the only “stakeholders”. Why common immigrants or Americans are not considered “stakeholders”? Are common people not allowed to participate in public debate? And when I tried to speak up that throughout the event, no one in the room brought up “displacement of American worker”, “exploitation and abuses of immigrants” or that “immigrants have fewer rights”, DHS officials tried to shut me down even though they would let some immigration lawyer break the rule set by moderator and ask 3-4 questions.

EAD for I140 rule will give some ability for immigrants with approved immigrant petition to change jobs. But we see that immigration lawyers and companies are trying to kill or water down this fix. What are the authorities going to do to help the One Million plus people stuck in Green Card backlogs – people with fewer rights – hanging in there – in great emotional and financial stress – costing American jobs? What has the USCIS being doing for the last 10 plus years while this human tragedy has been unfolding? Don’t they read the letters we send them? Why are Immigration Lawyers asking questions designed to get USCIS/DHS to say that an Immigration Petition does not belong to the Immigrant? Why is the I-140 EAD rule taking so long?

After sitting through a day of immigration lawyers, employers and the government pat each other on the back for their success in exploiting the system – these were my thoughts and questions to the Panel and the Audience.

This is the real reason why Americans are fed-up with the government because handful of corrupt government officials are trading changes to the system to ensure immigrants have fewer rights so these corrupt government officials will get a cushy private sector job someday.

Last edited by Administrator2; 11-05-2015 at 08:28 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2015, 08:27 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 28
bennyd20 is on a distinguished road
Default Thank you IV and Aman

Thank you IV for speaking on our behalf.

Greally appreciate all your efforts!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2015, 08:33 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 49
testman is on a distinguished road
Default

Proud of you, Aman!

I wish we could all tell our stories and let them see how much we are getting exploited by these employers. I wish I had known about this slavery before I came to US 10 years back.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2015, 08:35 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 39
GC2022 is infamous around these parts GC2022 is infamous around these parts
Default *stands up*

*claps*

pin drop silence. wtf.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2015, 08:56 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 135
Bhishma is on a distinguished road
Default

All Sepoys/Chamchas/Chelas/SuperDuperModerators,

Here are a points for you to consider leaving as 'comments' to this thread

Why did Aman speak at this conference?
Why did Aman not send a private email to DHS Ombundsman and the panel?
Did Aman really leave his EGO and represent the entire backlogged Skilled immigrant
community?
What did Aman achieve from his question today when it was clearly tweeted by our
honorable, respected, deemed immigration lawyers?
Why did DHS Ombundsman or the panel 'block' Aman when he was asking the right questions?
Why did Aman speakup at this conference, he could have clearly tweeted or blogged with all his questions?
Why did Aman speak about 'Displacement' when he could have used his time to get more H1Bs?
What are immigrant rights? Why did Aman talk about rights when he could have clearly asked for EAD?
What was it that Aman mentioned about 'I-140 Immigrant worker petition'?
Why did Aman side track the discussion about 'Immigrant worker petition' when our beloved lawyers clearly told us that it is Employer property and they will not be sharing it with us
Why did Aman not speak about Skills Act when it clearly increases 55K visas?
Who paid for Aman's expenses? Is it all accounted for? Does IV have receipts?
Why did Aman represent all immigrants when 5 or 6 of us have a different outfit?

I am working hard guys. Please help me help you. Post me any points that I missed and my apologies
__________________
Repeat after me: "Immigration lawyers are Pro-Immigration but Anti-Immigrant"
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2015, 09:10 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/13/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 97
Blog Entries: 1
bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute
Default Salute

Salute IV and Aman Kapur. Does not matter what the outcome is, sometimes one has to speak up and speak loud and clear, the whole truth and nothing but truth.
__________________
EB2: Sep 2007
I140 Mailed: March 13 2009
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2015, 09:42 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 628
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhishma View Post
All Sepoys/Chamchas/Chelas/SuperDuperModerators,
I guess a reminder to everyone….. or an effort to bring to their attention for the first time in case their vision has been covered by the dust from twitter lies and forum hallucinations.

The group (IV) that other forum is not supposed to describe by name is the only one that pushed for this I-140 fix with the agenda of providing job flexibility to everyone of us. Again the intent was to provide job flexibility and the VB was also based on the same idea. As they said in the conference, the intent of AC21 was to provide job flexibility, but reality is very different as can be seen by the backlog condition we are all living. 15 year ago, they used the job flexibility disguise to create a system that does not really provide job flexibility in an easy way that does not put in money in their pockets. Here, by they, I mean all of them mentioned in Admin2’s pot: Lawyers, Employers, Government Officials

So we would not be talking about this unless IV had worked hard since last year. Now that we heard the same man (Aman) from IV talk about the fix which they put in EO in the first, I cannot comment if there are still people out there questioning IV’s credibility (as it was famously twitted by the #1 lawyer on the internet).

Reading Admin2’s post, I have a feeling that this fix is not going to be easy.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2015, 10:39 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1
Confident is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhishma View Post
All Sepoys/Chamchas/Chelas/SuperDuperModerators,

Here are a points for you to consider leaving as 'comments' to this thread

Why did Aman speak at this conference?
Why did Aman not send a private email to DHS Ombundsman and the panel?
Did Aman really leave his EGO and represent the entire backlogged Skilled immigrant
community?
What did Aman achieve from his question today when it was clearly tweeted by our
honorable, respected, deemed immigration lawyers?
Why did DHS Ombundsman or the panel 'block' Aman when he was asking the right questions?
Why did Aman speakup at this conference, he could have clearly tweeted or blogged with all his questions?
Why did Aman speak about 'Displacement' when he could have used his time to get more H1Bs?
What are immigrant rights? Why did Aman talk about rights when he could have clearly asked for EAD?
What was it that Aman mentioned about 'I-140 Immigrant worker petition'?
Why did Aman side track the discussion about 'Immigrant worker petition' when our beloved lawyers clearly told us that it is Employer property and they will not be sharing it with us
Why did Aman not speak about Skills Act when it clearly increases 55K visas?
Who paid for Aman's expenses? Is it all accounted for? Does IV have receipts?
Why did Aman represent all immigrants when 5 or 6 of us have a different outfit?

I am working hard guys. Please help me help you. Post me any points that I missed and my apologies
Let me take this Opportunity to thank Aman first. He will be remembered lifelong for what he has done today. I could not resist but to comment for the first time though. I regularly visit both the forums. Such was the impact of Aman's voice that senior members in lawyers forum came to the front and appreciated Aman which shows the charm by itself. s-Gan,santy,soopergirl and some others fought with their own members to thank and appreciate Aman.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2015, 11:59 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 29
greenappletx is infamous around these parts
Default

Thanks IV & Aman, I felt really happy after listening to Aman, gr8 work.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2015, 12:24 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 114
checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Hats off

No words adequate to describe my profound respect.... !!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #11 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2015, 04:28 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 27
panchi2131 is on a distinguished road
Default

Hope this video becomes viral via twitter and facebook,and some news channels pick it up ..
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #12 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2015, 08:02 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 174
rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of rupen has much to be proud of
Default

If people had doubts, this video should clear them up in knowing whose side IV is on. Talk is cheap. Actions matter. If people have realized IV's intentions and know that it has been around for a decade and know that it is doing right things, they should join IV rather than engaging in discussions online in different forums and fighting with each other.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #13 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2015, 09:11 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 996
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post

Reading Admin2’s post, I have a feeling that this fix is not going to be easy.
Which is fine because nothing is easy. These rights comes from creator, including the right to live free (meaning change employer at free will). But companies, immigration lawyers and bureaucrats have ensured that people in backlogs cannot live free and change jobs. They seem to pretend and make it look like as if they are having this decades long intellectual discussion about whether to let immigrants change jobs or whom does I-140 belong. No where in the law does it say that immigrants should not be allowed to change jobs during green card process. The only requirement in the law is that immigrants wait for 180 days after filing AOS. But law doesn't say that immigrants cannot change jobs before filing AOS or 180 days after filing AOS.

There is a system of corruption where in companies and immigration lawyers control the system. The system is designed to ensure that some how immigrants are denied rights for long time and then immigrants with fewer rights are used as tools to displace Americans in the job market and to keep wages low. This corrupt system works great for small handful of employers but it hurts Americans and immigrants alike.

Last edited by Administrator2; 11-06-2015 at 09:15 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2015, 10:57 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 59
jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of jsd123 has much to be proud of
Default Thank You !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Link to the YouTube video from earlier today at DHS Ombudsman:
https://youtu.be/Eu7bat3S3EI

This video represents the collective anguish of the skilled Immigrants stuck in green card backlog who have very few rights and are victims of a corrupt system protected by a syndicate of employers, immigration lawyers and government officials. This syndicate functions as a mafia whose purpose is to ensure the status quo so the system continues to bring in immigrant workers with fewer rights into US and ensures that those workers continue to have fewer rights so companies can have more control over immigrants workers to displace Americans.

The system feeds off the work of very little job mobility for Immigrants. The way the real system works, immigrants with fewer rights are more attractive to the employers over equivalent American workers, resulting in the displacement of American workers. This is the real reason for instances of American losing job to temporary visa holders in companies like Disney, Southern California Edison and hundreds of other companies across the country. So the system ensures that immigrants are exploited and Americans are discriminated against. This is not an exception, this is the norm and this is how the real system works.

DHS Ombudsman’s Annual report shows a graph for L1B RFE rate. Immigration Voice wants to know, why the Ombudsman/DHS/USCIS has never EVER published any report showing number of Americans displaced by H1 & L1 visa programs – Americans who lost their jobs because their replacement had fewer rights, or, immigrants who were exploited by employers.

I just sat through a day’s worth of nonsensical commentary about how to bring in more Immigrants into the country and to ensure that they have fewer rights. There was not a peep about the rights of immigrant workers. No one asked obvious questions about the many elephants in the room. Why DHS/Ombudsman Annual event has only immigration lawyers or company representatives as the only “stakeholders”. Why common immigrants or Americans are not considered “stakeholders”? Are common people not allowed to participate in public debate? And when I tried to speak up that throughout the event, no one in the room brought up “displacement of American worker”, “exploitation and abuses of immigrants” or that “immigrants have fewer rights”, DHS officials tried to shut me down even though they would let some immigration lawyer break the rule set by moderator and ask 3-4 questions.

EAD for I140 rule will give some ability for immigrants with approved immigrant petition to change jobs. But we see that immigration lawyers and companies are trying to kill or water down this fix. What are the authorities going to do to help the One Million plus people stuck in Green Card backlogs – people with fewer rights – hanging in there – in great emotional and financial stress – costing American jobs? What has the USCIS being doing for the last 10 plus years while this human tragedy has been unfolding? Don’t they read the letters we send them? Why are Immigration Lawyers asking questions designed to get USCIS/DHS to say that an Immigration Petition does not belong to the Immigrant? Why is the I-140 EAD rule taking so long?

After sitting through a day of immigration lawyers, employers and the government pat each other on the back for their success in exploiting the system – these were my thoughts and questions to the Panel and the Audience.

This is the real reason why Americans are fed-up with the government because handful of corrupt government officials are trading changes to the system to ensure immigrants have fewer rights so these corrupt government officials will get a cushy private sector job someday.
Thank You Aman !!
Kudos to your courage for speaking the TRUTH !!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #15 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 23
rahdirs is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks Aman for saying aloud what we all wanted to say! I truly hope this brings change for us "slaves".
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Main Stream Media Asian Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 17 06-18-2006 10:46 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org