Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2015, 02:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of
Default Call on Sunday Jan 3rd 2016 at 4PM EST.

Aman Kapoor - President, Immigration Voice will talk in-depth about recent developments, next steps and action items as it relates to the recently announced regulations and the ongoing legislative efforts. If you are impacted by the recently announced regulation "Retention of EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 Immigrant Workers and Program Improvements Affecting High-Skilled Nonimmigrant Worker" - also popularly known as the "EAD for I-140 rule" - we think you will find this call highly valuable.

Some notes about this call

- We anticipate a large volume of participants for this call. Please use *either one* of the dial in codes available.

- Please post your questions in this thread BEFORE 9 pm EST on Saturday 1/2. We want to make sure we address all questions & topics.

- We will try our best to answer every question as it relates to the regulation and other legislative efforts, but are not able to provide answers and advise on individual immigration cases. Please refrain from asking about an issue that specifically impacts your case.

(Dial into *either* conference)
Dial-in : (712) 770-4010 Access Code : 400-533

**OR**

Dial in: (641) 715-3580 Access Code: 826-780

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-31-2015, 02:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Please post questions you want answered on the call on FB.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 12-31-2015, 02:25 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
thokkalohdi is infamous around these parts
Default what is IV's summary

on this latest development... all i here is all of us pretending to be lawyers and making something out of it. We want to know what is IVs opinion.. is it a good thing or bad thing. Is this acceptable to H1 community.

When Obama made the speech there was so much hi-fis and congrats going around... and now we dont have anything except for a 181 page document that doesnt combine h1b, 140 ead and ap together.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by thokkalohdi View Post
on this latest development... all i here is all of us pretending to be lawyers and making something out of it. We want to know what is IVs opinion.. is it a good thing or bad thing. Is this acceptable to H1 community.

When Obama made the speech there was so much hi-fis and congrats going around... and now we dont have anything except for a 181 page document that doesnt combine h1b, 140 ead and ap together.
This rule is garbage.

To believe anything else is to be dishonest to ones self. It falls far short of what we believed was promised to us when we started the process.

We will be discussing this issue in-depth on the call.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 12-31-2015, 02:55 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PNRS4412 is on a distinguished road
Default I140 ead

This rule of ead for 140 is useless to all of us. It says u can only move the ead only if u have some compelling circumstances. This rules doesn't change for legal immigrants waiting for years...I hope we can do something regarding this useless rule and i am really postive that IV can provide leadership in this regard

Old 12-31-2015, 03:07 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Eadfor I140 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Question about New I 765 form

Beneficiary of an Approved Employment-based Immigrant Petition Facing Compelling Circumstances--(c)(35). File Form I-765 along with documentation that you are in the United States in E-3, H-1B, H-1B1, O-1, or L-1 nonimmigrant status, that an Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker (Form I-140) was approved on your behalf, and you face compelling circumstances while you wait for your immigrant visa to become available. Please see the USCIS Web site at
Application for Employment Authorization | USCIS
for the most current information on where to file this benefit request. If you are requesting renewal of employment authorization under (c)(35), to qualify, you must continue to be the principal beneficiary of an approved EB-1, EB-2 or EB-3 immigrant visa petition and either: (1) you continue to face compelling circumstances; or (2) you have a priority date that is less than one year from the current cut-off date for the relevant employment-based category and country of nationality in the most recent visa bulletin published by the Department of State. However, you will not need to establish non immigrant status for renewal.

Can someone be on EAD till he/she can get Green Card? Is their AP come with EAD?

Old 12-31-2015, 03:24 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC2022 is infamous around these parts GC2022 is infamous around these parts
Default call recording?

Is this call recorded? I really want to attend it but will not have connectivity!

Old 12-31-2015, 03:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
palciparum is on a distinguished road

Please record this call and post it for people who won't be able to attend it.

I want to but I will be inflight at that time.

Old 12-31-2015, 04:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for hosting the call and for Aman to be willing to take time out over the weekend to answer questions.

Clearly this regulation does not do much more than paying lip service to the idea of "Retaining Skilled Workers".The only benefits I see are 60 day grace period, no revocation of 140 and retention of dates. But overall, it seems like these were non codified rules that are just being codified now explicitly. So, in that sense this isn't much progress at all.

It seems like USCIS is saying that because we have made it easier for you to retain\not lose your date and due to the same or similar we have made it easier to take promotion etc. now you should be able to do endless transfers of H1 visas between employers and don't really need an EAD \ AP.

I am quite surprised that there is such a huge gap between what they believe "Freedom" is vs. what the overall EB community would accept at a bare minimum. Something seems to have gone horribly wrong in this process of rule making.

I am sure we'll have a co-ordinated response for comments but I am just curious how effective these comments are in helping make changes to proposed rules? I mean, I would expect to see thousands of comments and many of them will ask for EAD and AP without many restrictions. However, can USCIS not simply ignore them and still do what they are proposing right now?

Regards,

Old 12-31-2015, 09:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vsound1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomizedPrecision View Post
I am sure we'll have a co-ordinated response for comments but I am just curious how effective these comments are in helping make changes to proposed rules? I mean, I would expect to see thousands of comments and many of them will ask for EAD and AP without many restrictions. However, can USCIS not simply ignore them and still do what they are proposing right now?
This is also my biggest worry. Also, those who are pleased with the legislation will also comment, for sure. IV does anyone read those comments?

Old 01-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mamit1 is on a distinguished road
Default Question

I would like to know if there is anything at all that we can do to get the changes that should have been in the rule from the start? as per all the discussions here and other places that the rule is simply an eyewash to give the false hope of finally giving the legal immigration community some of the respect that it deserves for playing our part in making this country the best in all aspects.

This rule seems like another way in which the hard working legal immigrants got cheated out of what they deserved by USCIS, the employers and the lawyers who have all pretended to be on our side.

I just want to know if any energy spent on making the noise to bring light to this hopeless rule will even have a chance of standing before the big money that was probably spent in making this rule as ineffective as it can possibly be.

Old 01-01-2016, 05:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomizedPrecision View Post
Thanks for hosting the call and for Aman to be willing to take time out over the weekend to answer questions.

Clearly this regulation does not do much more than paying lip service to the idea of "Retaining Skilled Workers".The only benefits I see are 60 day grace period, no revocation of 140 and retention of dates. But overall, it seems like these were non codified rules that are just being codified now explicitly. So, in that sense this isn't much progress at all.

It seems like USCIS is saying that because we have made it easier for you to retain\not lose your date and due to the same or similar we have made it easier to take promotion etc. now you should be able to do endless transfers of H1 visas between employers and don't really need an EAD \ AP.

I am quite surprised that there is such a huge gap between what they believe "Freedom" is vs. what the overall EB community would accept at a bare minimum. Something seems to have gone horribly wrong in this process of rule making.

Regards,
They have to consider each and every comment and if multiple persons put same comment then their work will be easy. But not necessarily they have to change the regulation. They have authority to change the regulation if law allows. They can also ignore the comment if they think that accepting the comment is not under law. Past history says that they made some changes based on the comments they received. But it could be difficult to make EAD for I140 without any strings. There is a difference between H4-EAD and I140 EAD. Pretty much no restrictions for H4-EAD but I140 EAD is lot different.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I support Retention of PD. It's not in regulations and USCIS has been revoking it if employer withdraws I-140. Most people are not aware of this.

We should be smart to support it and ofcourse ask for more. But I want what's already been served to me. It's very important to retain PD when changing employers and now it can become part of regulations so there is no ambiguity about it.

Our comments should specifically support it.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
penguin80 has a spectacular aura about penguin80 has a spectacular aura about penguin80 has a spectacular aura about

By two bits of comments for the proposed rule:

The current proposed changes doesn't alleviate the sufferings of hopeful immigrants currently in the backlog and waiting a decade for their visa number. The expectation from this rule change was that the rule would eliminate the need for continuing to be on H1B. Forcing people to continue to working for ONLY H1b sponsor companies is keeping the wages in tech sector low because there are very limited number of companies who sponsor H1B. Removing that limitation would give the freedom deserved by H1B people who have suffered under this restriction for years but have still followed the US laws.
My proposed amendment to the rule is to remove the arbitrary language of "Compelling circumstances" to qualify for EAD and filing of I-485 application and replace it with "if I140 was approved N number of years ago". This change would allow people to wait for their visa number and still maintain legal working status while not being tied to chains of H1B sponsorship.

Otherwise this rule is, in words of earlier facebook user, USCIS's new year gift of "Baba ji ka thullu" to skilled immigrant community.

Old 01-02-2016, 01:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

There are lot of negative comments being posted in opposition to whats being offered however disappointing it looks.

If we don't post comments supporting what's being offered and asking for more and being very specific, I fear we will lose even what's on the table.

People should read the comments that are being posted which are either opposing the rule or not helpful at all.

After IV call, we need to get our brethren and community together to post specific comments.