Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2016, 09:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RH_93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenleaf View Post
From IV Facebook page:

"Update from yesterday's meeting at The White House:
We had an open and honest heart to heart discussion for almost an hour and half. There are legal limitations of what we could or could not discuss. As an outcome of this meeting, we are now working on a detailed plan to do our share to make this regulation closer to the current law. This is not going to be easy or simple. But if everyone sticks together and helps us execute the plan, there is a way to fix this. So please stay tuned as we work on the next steps.
To reiterate, we need everyone to stick to the plan and not get distracted by initiating other campaigns, especially refrain from starting "online petitions".
Thanks IV...you are awesome ! Should we still continue providing our "true" and deeply felt feelings into the comments section for this rule???
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2016, 11:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
freedomForAll is on a distinguished road
Default Great Job IV

Your Comment Tracking Number: 1k0-8nas-7rbg

I have attached the IV file as well as my own comments added. From today on every weekend, I will keep posting my angry comments at this rule to ask them to improve this version.

I hate these kind of lawyers and those bad employers...

Keep going IV. We are right behind you..

Old 01-09-2016, 11:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nvedia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomForAll View Post
Your Comment Tracking Number: 1k0-8nas-7rbg

I have attached the IV file as well as my own comments added. From today on every weekend, I will keep posting my angry comments at this rule to ask them to improve this version.

I hate these kind of lawyers and those bad employers...

Keep going IV. We are right behind you..
If you have attached the IV file as is, it would be considered as mall mail campaign and only one comment
Please check your comment a day after posting

Old 01-09-2016, 11:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Smile Contributions

IV Team,

I have signed up for a small donation on a recurring basis right now. Sorry I have some personal situation and cannot contribute more for now. However, it will increase in some time soon as I get my personal issues resolved.

Till then , I hope these drops will help you achieve our freedom

Your purchase was successfulPayments By PayPal
Description Terms Amount
Donation to Support Immigration Voice (User: freedomForAll)
$30.00 USD for each month, for 12 installments
Effective Date: Jan 9, 2016 $30.00 USD

Old 01-09-2016, 11:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvedia View Post
If you have attached the IV file as is, it would be considered as mall mail campaign and only one comment
Please check your comment a day after posting
Hi,

No I did not attach the same file. I simply took the contents and saved them in a notepad along with the starting comments which are mine at the start.

---------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to express my strong rivulsion to the manner in which this entire rule brings down the hopes of the millions of legal immigrants who were promised EAD and AP along with job portability but it was broken withi is watered down version. As per an organization which represents backlogged legal immigrant community, this was due to the involvement of the lobbyist in the DHS just a few months before bringing out of the rule. After carefully reading the contents of the rule and the details coming out of the modus operandi behind it as per the above mentioned organization, it seems that there is a lot left out from this proposed relief of the POTUS. I would like to request that the FBI investigate in the way the rule was developed and the possibilities of corruption around this rule-making involving the forces who wanted to prevent legal immigrants from getting EAD + AP.

Here are my comments:-
1) EAD and AP should be given to all the legal immigrants who have their I-140 approved.
2) There should be no "compelling circumstances" cause in the rule. That is just horrible. Please remove it.
3) Remove the clause of only allowing those within one year of their dates being current to apply . Please remove this restriction along with the other.
4) Remove the need to file for a new green card application after they have switched jobs. The old I-140 should be available in order to file for the green card.
5) Start an FBI investigation of possible corruption angles in this rule making process.

I am sure that you know about the talent leaving this country and moving outside the US to start businesses and create jobs. This rule fails in every way to help the legal immigrant who is backlogged and who was promised relief by the White House. Please revise this and take help from Immigration Voice to get this done. If taking help from a corporate lobbyist is not a problem for DHS ( who has clear interests in watering down the rule and preventing freedom to backlogged legal immigrants) then I am sure that you can do the same. Also, please ask the FBI to get involved. This will surely help.

I have added further comments in the attached files which should give the complete picture of my thoughts on this rule.

This rule needs to be improved so that H1B and other legal immigrants can go ahead and switch jobs, start businesses and create jobs for Americans in the USA as well as give them the freedom to live life without the fear of exploitation from the employer. This will also help raise wages for the Americans as no legal immigrant will be forced to wait in the same job at low wages.

Please improve and make the rule more beneficial for the legal immigrants who are waiting for their green cards fo so long. I dont think you want them to go back especially when they could be starting businesses, creating jobs and paying taxes to the governments overseas, if they did so due to the frustrations of the current immigration system.
Uploaded File(s)(Optional)

I140_EAD_Rule_Comment.txt: success

Old 01-10-2016, 09:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gnh is on a distinguished road

[quote]

From IV Facebook page:

"Update from yesterday's meeting at The White House:
We had an open and honest heart to heart discussion for almost an hour and half. There are legal limitations of what we could or could not discuss. As an outcome of this meeting, we are now working on a detailed plan to do our share to make this regulation closer to the current law. This is not going to be easy or simple. But if everyone sticks together and helps us execute the plan, there is a way to fix this. So please stay tuned as we work on the next steps.
To reiterate, we need everyone to stick to the plan and not get distracted by initiating other campaigns, especially refrain from starting "online petitions".

[\QUOTE]

'Closer to current law ??'

What does that mean.. What law ?

Old 01-10-2016, 12:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maddy1234 is on a distinguished road
Default yaa ..same question

What does "Current Law" mean?

IV can you shed some light?

Old 01-10-2016, 01:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

What's should we do now ? I mean should we still continue posting comments on the regulation?

Old 01-10-2016, 02:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1234 View Post

Obama said one thing and did something else on right about everything during his 2 terms. See for yourself. This is the new low for politics which is suppose to be dirty.

How Obama failed to shut Washington's revolving door - POLITICO

This explains what happened to EAD for I140 regulation.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH_93 View Post
Thanks IV...you are awesome ! Should we still continue providing our "true" and deeply felt feelings into the comments section for this rule???
Yes, please do. It can't hurt to provide our unambiguous and unanimous disapproval of this rule. Now that USCIS has fired its first shot by issuing this ridiculous rule, we have to act to make them change it and commenting boldly is the right way to do it. The last thing we want is for any of these bad actors to be able to fudge the statistics and argue that not too many people disapproved of it in the first place.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-14
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shinepushpan is on a distinguished road
Default Added the comments

I have added the comments . My comment tracking number is 1k0-8nbf-c091

Old 01-10-2016, 10:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-14
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shinepushpan is on a distinguished road
Default And my wifey joins in too

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinepushpan View Post
I have added the comments . My comment tracking number is 1k0-8nbf-c091
Comments added by my wife as well. Her tracking number 1k0-8nbf-n5os.

In addition 2 months ago we started a 50 Dollar monthly contribution to IV every month.
We plan to increase that to 100 soon. Thank you IV for your help.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
right2niru is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdgc View Post
Obama said one thing and did something else on right about everything during his 2 terms. See for yourself. This is the new low for politics which is suppose to be dirty.

How Obama failed to shut Washington's revolving door - POLITICO

This explains what happened to EAD for I140 regulation.
Indeed ... shared on Social media ..

Old 01-11-2016, 10:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1234 View Post

It simply means, close to what the current law can allow. In other words, close to what we wanted it's initial intention to be - which is freedom from employers for those that have an approved LPR petition.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikidisi View Post
It simply means, close to what the current law can allow. In other words, close to what we wanted it's initial intention to be - which is freedom from employers for those that have an approved LPR petition.
What I feel this means is, Administration fears there will be lawsuit and potentially no implementation of any relief if we stray too far from the current law even though DHS will have the authority to do it. So given the constraint I guess they have asked IV now to see if anything can be tweaked in the proposed rule closer to how it is now and the current law to provide additional or in my words true relief.

This is my interpretation alone.