Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2016, 02:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
foia is on a distinguished road
Default Shouldn't someone report to FBI directly???

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdgc View Post
Can you not read through the comments? Read again here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wko640hmdc...50008.pdf?dl=0

What has happened is that opponents used unethical and illegal methods. People need to go to jail over this. That is what IV is asking us to highlight. Is that wrong?

If someone used corrupt method to change the regulation, is that the fault of those stuck in the backlogs? Or is that the fault of that corrupt person?
I respect the action item of admin and myself uploaded the document around 50 times. Had a question, will they care if we point it out in comments... or Should someone/IV report it to FBI directly??? I am sure IV has sufficient proof to back it up...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2016, 02:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by foia View Post
I respect the action item of admin and myself uploaded the document around 50 times. Had a question, will they care if we point it out in comments... or Should someone/IV report it to FBI directly??? I am sure IV has sufficient proof to back it up...
There is sufficient proof in this document.

I read it 2 times before posting it. This is really bad that Obama Administration did this. I could not attend the call. Reading through this document it makes me angry that someone is playing games with us.

Old 01-04-2016, 02:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenappletx View Post
Hi Hil,
What was changed between IV meeting with WH immigration team and now? As Vikram Desai and many indicated that EAD+AP is a done deal but why USCIS made a U turn? The employers & lawyers lobby worked very well compared to us? Thanks
We have been working on this rule since early-mid 2014. We explained the problem to people in the administration, they understood the problem and they committed to providing "Portable Work Authorization" in the EO.

Everything was fine until the middle of the year (as witnessed by the memo we leaked).

We believe that towards the middle of the year, probably thanks to a very large number of I140-EAD inquiries to a very large Immigration Law firm, companies finally woke up towards the implications of this.

We think that in desperation they had THE heaviest hitter in the Immigration Law lobbying space quit what we think was a high six figure job (600-800K a year) - to take a job at DHS with the explicit purpose of killing this regulation. The person I am referring to is a former Immigration Lawyer turned lobbyist for the U.S. Chamber of commerce. This person is the crème de la crème of the lobbying world. When that lobbyist was in the employ of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the lobbying coalition that we loosely describe as "The Companies" would never have dreamed of signing off any legislation or regulation without this persons sign-off. Conversely, this persons sign off on a proposal would signify that the broader coalition of "The Companies" has signed off on the proposal. This was one heavy hitter who quit a very highly compensated (and high-profile) at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to join the DHS at the level of a mid level bureaucrat.

We know for a fact that this person, did not "cool off" for two years after their U.S. Chamber of commerce job before taking up employment at DHS. We believe that in their haste to contain the I140-EAD, companies might have made other mistakes that an FBI investigation will uncover - like making promises of future employment to staffers who will be seeking employment when the Obama Administration demits office.

As I said earlier, our ONLY shot at getting "Portable Work Authorization" out of this, is to shine a spotlight on the irregularity and get this person and all other compromised people out of any position of responsibility having to do with this rule. As far as we can see calling for an FBI investigation is the only and most effective way of doing this.

As soon as this person joined DHS, we saw the writing on the wall. We had subsequent meetings in the WH where we repeatedly and insistently warned them about what was happening. They repeated assured us that this was not happening - we do not know if this was ignorance or malice. Aman went to DHS Ombudsman's conference (with a fever) in a last ditch effort to roll this back - which you saw on that video.

Personally, this is very upsetting. Like the rest of you, I had high hopes around this rule and watching this lobbyist ruin years of hard work - right at the very end pisses me off like you wouldn't believe. As I said on the call, we have a great organization, great "ground game", great leadership - everybody in the Senate, House and Administration knows about about us and our issues. However, unless we can fix the money problem and hire our own lobbyists to play this dirty game, it will be exceptionally difficult to move legislation and more upsetting - this shit will happen again and again and again and again - regardless of how much work we put into anything.

Me and I am sure I speak for most active volunteers are all fucking pissed off at this. We have been robbed of something much more precious than money - we have been robbed of opportunity and our future - Over a million people have been robbed so 2-3 people can get cushy jobs in 2017. The companies and immigration lawyers have made it very clear that they absolutely do not want you to be free. They want you to be stuck in the H1-B cycle so you can work for cheap and line their pockets.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
d.kiran is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the informative post. I was on a flight and could not join the call. I think it would be an understatement to say that I understand IV's feelings after working on this for close to two years, but I think we can at least guess the frustration you might have.

We are all here to support you and hopefully this inspires people to take more active part (including myself).

Are there any discussions happening with the administration on this very flagrant violation of President Obama's executive order? Will White House put any pressure here ?

Old 01-04-2016, 02:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.kiran View Post
Are there any discussions happening with the administration on this very flagrant violation of President Obama's executive order? Will White House put any pressure here ?
If there are enough comments calling for an FBI investigation, they might. This is ultimately our only hope.

If people don't submit comments calling for an FBI investigation, these very same people that watered down the regulation will continue to write the regulation. You can't do the same thing twice and expect different results.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 01-04-2016 at 02:41 PM.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Eadfor I140 is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Thanks IV for the initiative. We are questioning the ethics of the rule making process & the rule that is out come of the rule making process.

You guys nail down the questions everyone on this forum had. I did submit the comments. I belive my fellow forum members & their friends will submit comments.

Aother important question is to get support from other american workers for our cause.
Do we have strategy ?

Old 01-04-2016, 03:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Toadie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post

Me and I am sure I speak for most active volunteers are all fucking pissed off at this. We have been robbed of something much more precious than money - we have been robbed of opportunity and our future - Over a million people have been robbed so 2-3 people can get cushy jobs in 2017. The companies and immigration lawyers have made it very clear that they absolutely do not want you to be free. They want you to be stuck in the H1-B cycle so you can work for cheap and line their pockets.
You said it Hil. Blood was boiling since the VisaGate. This regulation just added to misery. It shows WE<<<<<<<<<<
Highly disappointed. Obama's first election was founded on Immigration and after 8 years, if this is what is being shoved down our throats, what hopes can one have in future? I would have to start loving my kid more now and lobby him to get me a green card !

Old 01-04-2016, 03:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Great points in the write up and thanks Hil for the honest outburst. Those who were relying on this rule had the worst end to 2015 and, like me, just don’t know who to blame for this pile of shit.

We, immigrants acting for ourselves, cannot expect the same people who screwed this regulation to read our nicely worded comments and change the regulation as we have no jobs to offer to them in 2017 or ever. We are not being given to chance in the first place!

As detailed in comments, an EAD/AP is the only thing that achieves the stated goals of the EO.

Now to the burning questions (already addressed but sharing my thoughts):

Q1: “Should I really reference FBI in my comments?”
As there is strong smell of wrong behavior, it is only fair to ask for this. You have nothing to lose thanks to the bogus rule unless you are satisfied with the 60 day grace period on H1 or an eternal life time of H-1B. I don’t care about this.

Q2: “Why speak about this in comments?”
It is a powerful way to get the anger across to the people (the VB lawsuit people must support this ). Keep in mind that the FBI part is not the only comment we are presenting and it is one of the many good arguments we are making. Also, we are asking USCIS/Administration to share the details of how this came about. If enough comments are made to this effect, they are likely to provide a response in the next step of rule making process.

The most ridiculous question one can ask IV is “Can we not talk to President again”? Answer see Q2 above.

I will paraphrase and create my own versions (two for my family).

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
messengerofgod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
We have been working on this rule since early-mid 2014. We explained the problem to people in the administration, they understood the problem and they committed to providing "Portable Work Authorization" in the EO.

Everything was fine until the middle of the year (as witnessed by the memo we leaked).

We believe that towards the middle of the year, probably thanks to a very large number of I140-EAD inquiries to a very large Immigration Law firm, companies finally woke up towards the implications of this.

We think that in desperation they had THE heaviest hitter in the Immigration Law lobbying space quit what we think was a high six figure job (600-800K a year) - to take a job at DHS with the explicit purpose of killing this regulation. The person I am referring to is a former Immigration Lawyer turned lobbyist for the U.S. Chamber of commerce. This person is the crème de la crème of the lobbying world. When that lobbyist was in the employ of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the lobbying coalition that we loosely describe as "The Companies" would never have dreamed of signing off any legislation or regulation without this persons sign-off. Conversely, this persons sign off on a proposal would signify that the broader coalition of "The Companies" has signed off on the proposal. This was one heavy hitter who quit a very highly compensated (and high-profile) at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to join the DHS at the level of a mid level bureaucrat.

We know for a fact that this person, did not "cool off" for two years after their U.S. Chamber of commerce job before taking up employment at DHS. We believe that in their haste to contain the I140-EAD, companies might have made other mistakes that an FBI investigation will uncover - like making promises of future employment to staffers who will be seeking employment when the Obama Administration demits office.

As I said earlier, our ONLY shot at getting "Portable Work Authorization" out of this, is to shine a spotlight on the irregularity and get this person and all other compromised people out of any position of responsibility having to do with this rule. As far as we can see calling for an FBI investigation is the only and most effective way of doing this.

As soon as this person joined DHS, we saw the writing on the wall. We had subsequent meetings in the WH where we repeatedly and insistently warned them about what was happening. They repeated assured us that this was not happening - we do not know if this was ignorance or malice. Aman went to DHS Ombudsman's conference (with a fever) in a last ditch effort to roll this back - which you saw on that video.

Personally, this is very upsetting. Like the rest of you, I had high hopes around this rule and watching this lobbyist ruin years of hard work - right at the very end pisses me off like you wouldn't believe. As I said on the call, we have a great organization, great "ground game", great leadership - everybody in the Senate, House and Administration knows about about us and our issues. However, unless we can fix the money problem and hire our own lobbyists to play this dirty game, it will be exceptionally difficult to move legislation and more upsetting - this shit will happen again and again and again and again - regardless of how much work we put into anything.

Thank you for all your hard work, yesterday's call the the above informative post. I have highlighted in RED what I think is the most important action item for people - apart from submitting IV comments.

During the call, you said something about the transportation bill that I didn't quite get - can you go over it again?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
xs2sharad is just really nice xs2sharad is just really nice xs2sharad is just really nice xs2sharad is just really nice
Default Thanks posted the comments

Guys if we dont speak now and dont show we have a back bone when we will show it.

If IV comes up with some NEWS we are here in 1000's lets be united and make it one effort as those more than 1 Million people speak together the Administration will listen. Atleast I would be able to say to myself that we spoke up rather than sipped a coffee at work and blamed some other person.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sidhupande is on a distinguished road
Default Do the comments need to be unique

Hi All,

The comments that we submit to on regulations.gov, do they need to be unique comments. Do they use any checks to filter out similar comments? I have submitted few comments that do not look identical.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bims_patel is on a distinguished road
Default Do what is needful!

Done, comment tracking #1k0-8n78-ar59. Requesting all others to do the same!

Admins: Please keep us posted for the next round of comments.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/03/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of Tarang has much to be proud of

Hil,

Is Sep vb reversal also directly/indirectly linked to this lobbyist?

Is IV planning a rally or other event to show our frustration on this rule to WH?

Old 01-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
np5337 has a reputation beyond repute np5337 has a reputation beyond repute np5337 has a reputation beyond repute np5337 has a reputation beyond repute np5337 has a reputation beyond repute np5337 has a reputation beyond repute np5337 has a reputation beyond repute np5337 has a reputation beyond repute np5337 has a reputation beyond repute np5337 has a reputation beyond repute np5337 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
As promised, here are the suggestion for initial comments on AC21/EAD for I140 regulation.

This is just first set of comments questioning the process of this rule making and the reason why EAD and AP for I140 is not part of this regulation. Our goal is to have an honest process to include EAD and AP for I140 to this regulation. Your active participation will determine if EAD and AP for I140 is included in this regulation.

Here is the link to the documents with suggestion for comments:

Here are the steps to submit your comments:
1.) Go to the page for submitting comments for this regulation:
Regulations.gov

2.) Click on 'Choose files' button to upload the PDF file.

3.) Enter you First Name and Last Name.

4.) If you want to provide your contact information then check the box that says "I want to provide my contact information" and enter appropriate information.

5.) Click 'Continue' and then submit your comments.

Thank you,
Can not download document from dropbox. page can not be displayed error.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nvedia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by np5337 View Post
Can not download document from dropbox. page can not be displayed error.
works for me