Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nvedia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikidisi View Post
A lot of folks are heads down helping with this. Hang in there. Additionally, lot of activity in the background. Stay tuned.
We keep hearing this
Its good to be informed and keeps everyone active
No updates from IV after the last call
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2016, 04:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvedia View Post
We keep hearing this
Its good to be informed and keeps everyone active
No updates from IV after the last call
Understand the eagerness and yes would be awesome to post almost daily updates, but not reasonable given there are several moving parts. We will have a pubic update soon.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Understand the eagerness and yes would be awesome to post almost daily updates, but not reasonable given there are several moving parts. We will have a pubic update soon.
It is always good to play with your cards close to your vest considering there are hundreds of blood-sucking lawyer-employer mongrels trying to undermine us.

Thanks for all the work - I'm confident that IV will share with us what we need to know when we need to know.

Good luck to us all.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomizedPrecision View Post
It is always good to play with your cards close to your vest considering there are hundreds of blood-sucking lawyer-employer mongrels trying to undermine us.
To them I say, the legal basis of I-140 fix is right there. Right there. I see it.

While another lawyer is "disappointed" that the regulation does not define what they meant by "one-time" grace period after layoff on H-1B. You gotta tip your hat to the Murthy lawyers man!

Old 02-02-2016, 08:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
To them I say, the legal basis of I-140 fix is right there. Right there. I see it.

While another lawyer is "disappointed" that the regulation does not define what they meant by "one-time" grace period after layoff on H-1B. You gotta tip your hat to the Murthy lawyers man!
I feel murthy law firm is one the biggest lobbyist in this whole I 140 thing

Old 02-02-2016, 09:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
HumHongeKaamyaab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvedia View Post
I feel murthy law firm is one the biggest lobbyist in this whole I 140 thing
Totally agree. I think Murthy is one of the more slimy lawyers out there. I cant share specifics, but I have heard rough stories about what they do in the background.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikastaneja is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Given what happened after IV shared the doc in June and what rule comes out, I think it's best we play safe and don't disclose. Let's play the same game the same way these anti-immigrant lobbyists and lawyers understand. I trust IV. Let's show the cards when there is no move left for them and it's time to say check-and-mate.

Old 02-03-2016, 02:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tspiv is on a distinguished road

I was explaining my situation as a legal immigrant to a US voter. He was very pissed at DHS/USCIS for our situation, and recommended me to visit the local Congressman, and explain the sequence of events that transpired from Obama's EO, and to the proposed rule.

Does IV has any opinion: towards / against / neutral, in visiting my local powerful congressman?

Old 02-03-2016, 03:45 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/18/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Towards always...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspiv View Post
Does IV has any opinion: towards / against / neutral, in visiting my local powerful congressman?
Hi tspiv,

IV is ALWAYS FOR visiting the local congressman and senators and advocating for our cause and our problems. That's what IV members do at the Advocacy Meetings conducted in DC, meeting our reps and educating them on the issues we face.

Total contributions $400 + $25 monthly for 12 mo.
Participated in 2011 Advocacy Day Events

Old 02-03-2016, 04:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikastaneja View Post
Given what happened after IV shared the doc in June and what rule comes out, I think it's best we play safe and don't disclose. Let's play the same game the same way these anti-immigrant lobbyists and lawyers understand. I trust IV. Let's show the cards when there is no move left for them and it's time to say check-and-mate.
Thanks but what I was referring to was something like
Analyze the already published comments both in terms of content and numbers and provide feedback if its going in the right direction (there could be volunteers for this)
If the number is too less, we need to gear up as volunteers and do more effort in educating the folks

This is just to make sure things are going fine as as planned
I remember in the call, one concern was that not many people come forward to get involved/help except cribbing on internet but I believe its all about marketing and telling people there is something called "Immigration Voice" so that they come forward

Does number have power? I don't know but if it does we have got it....

Old 02-04-2016, 02:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amarbasay is on a distinguished road
Default new ideas

Phoenix Open 2016 Live Stream

Old 02-04-2016, 04:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
houston_boy is infamous around these parts houston_boy is infamous around these parts houston_boy is infamous around these parts houston_boy is infamous around these parts houston_boy is infamous around these parts houston_boy is infamous around these parts houston_boy is infamous around these parts
Default Plz post more comments

Hi

Its been observed that from last 3 to 4 days, I see lot of comments with american names saying HIRE AMERICANS and more Americans in technology field are jobless etc.. I guess this is because of DUMBERSUSA.com.

Please gear up and post more comments with first line as " I completely oppose the rule in the current form" and later demanding/questioning about hiring AMY the lobbyist against the executive actions.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitnlate is on a distinguished road

Americans are opposing this rule. We are opposing this rule. No one wants this rule?? What am I missing. Anyway it seems this rule is not helping. So if it's implemented or not, it doesn't matter, right? So why do we need to post comments.

No one wants retention of PD and I-140?? I want it so I can change my employer without any worry especially given some well documented cases of PD NOT being retained recently. There is no law in regards to retention of PD yet. If there is one, can someone give me a link to it so I can share with my lawyer too.

I am disappointed and frustrated and want AP and EAD too but what is the current strategy?!

Old 02-04-2016, 10:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prasadjoglekar is on a distinguished road

I'm not IV, but my 2c: I think retention of PD and I-140 alone don't provide freedom to change employer. Without the proper fixes, you will still need to re-file for PERM, still need to keep your H1. Which means, your new employer has to go through all the hassles of the immigration system. Which in turn means fewer employers want to hire you in the first place. So, nothing really has changed - the rule says a lot but does nothing.

To your question of retention of PD/I-140: if that was the original intent of the rule, then sure. But the goal was broader, and in that context, retaining PD/I-140 is somewhat irrelevant; without HR 213 or equivalent, most folks are going to be stuck in limbo for 10+ years, and retaining PD/I-140 does nothing to ease your pain or provide freedom in that time.

I think the subtle under-text is this: This is the one chance we have to get this right; if we don't, we're stuck with this for another 5-6 years.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitnlate is on a distinguished road

I agree it was meant to and should have been broader. So how do we get more?

Retention of PD/I-140 means I don't lose my place in line and I don't reset my clock and start all over again with new PD in never ending wait if I am lucky to change employer.

I support IV to help myself but am lost to what's the current strategy. Only thing I have at present is faith.