Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute prince_nagi@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
We have been working on this rule since early-mid 2014. We explained the problem to people in the administration, they understood the problem and they committed to providing "Portable Work Authorization" in the EO.

Everything was fine until the middle of the year (as witnessed by the memo we leaked).

We believe that towards the middle of the year, probably thanks to a very large number of I140-EAD inquiries to a very large Immigration Law firm, companies finally woke up towards the implications of this.

We think that in desperation they had THE heaviest hitter in the Immigration Law lobbying space quit what we think was a high six figure job (600-800K a year) - to take a job at DHS with the explicit purpose of killing this regulation. The person I am referring to is a former Immigration Lawyer turned lobbyist for the U.S. Chamber of commerce. This person is the crème de la crème of the lobbying world. When that lobbyist was in the employ of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the lobbying coalition that we loosely describe as "The Companies" would never have dreamed of signing off any legislation or regulation without this persons sign-off. Conversely, this persons sign off on a proposal would signify that the broader coalition of "The Companies" has signed off on the proposal. This was one heavy hitter who quit a very highly compensated (and high-profile) at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to join the DHS at the level of a mid level bureaucrat.

We know for a fact that this person, did not "cool off" for two years after their U.S. Chamber of commerce job before taking up employment at DHS. We believe that in their haste to contain the I140-EAD, companies might have made other mistakes that an FBI investigation will uncover - like making promises of future employment to staffers who will be seeking employment when the Obama Administration demits office.

As I said earlier, our ONLY shot at getting "Portable Work Authorization" out of this, is to shine a spotlight on the irregularity and get this person and all other compromised people out of any position of responsibility having to do with this rule. As far as we can see calling for an FBI investigation is the only and most effective way of doing this.

As soon as this person joined DHS, we saw the writing on the wall. We had subsequent meetings in the WH where we repeatedly and insistently warned them about what was happening. They repeated assured us that this was not happening - we do not know if this was ignorance or malice. Aman went to DHS Ombudsman's conference (with a fever) in a last ditch effort to roll this back - which you saw on that video.

Personally, this is very upsetting. Like the rest of you, I had high hopes around this rule and watching this lobbyist ruin years of hard work - right at the very end pisses me off like you wouldn't believe. As I said on the call, we have a great organization, great "ground game", great leadership - everybody in the Senate, House and Administration knows about about us and our issues. However, unless we can fix the money problem and hire our own lobbyists to play this dirty game, it will be exceptionally difficult to move legislation and more upsetting - this shit will happen again and again and again and again - regardless of how much work we put into anything.

Me and I am sure I speak for most active volunteers are all fucking pissed off at this. We have been robbed of something much more precious than money - we have been robbed of opportunity and our future - Over a million people have been robbed so 2-3 people can get cushy jobs in 2017. The companies and immigration lawyers have made it very clear that they absolutely do not want you to be free. They want you to be stuck in the H1-B cycle so you can work for cheap and line their pockets.
Do we need to hand over this doc the local congressman or there is a different format that needs to be given

Let me know, i can work this in AZ
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2016, 03:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcadv15 is on a distinguished road
Default submitted comment

I am directly affected by this rule as an employee currently in USA on a H1B visa. This rule makes the immigration process and H1B renewal even more difficult instead of improving it. This can only be a result of insincerity or incompetence. Since USCIS staff has demonstrated competence in drafting other rules this rule appears to be an deliberate, insincere and deceitful work of some people at USCIS.
Please consider the suggestions of people who are directly affected by this regulation as not considering them would following an unfair rule making process.

Your Comment Tracking Number: 1k0-8n78-tuee

Old 01-04-2016, 04:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stocks123 is on a distinguished road

I am not sure if we can directly report to FBI using the website

https://tips.fbi.gov/

in addition to posting the comments in reginfo website.

Posting a bunch of same comments will trigger some inquiry.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:13 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute

Comment submitted with tracking no.
1k0-8n79-exia

Old 01-04-2016, 04:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all
Default Pathetic rule!!

Cannot say a word against your emotional post Hil. Definitely this rule has just been sold to the filthy money eating mongrels..

Can IV not go for a press release ? I believe with Aman's deliverance some media coverage by IV will get more action against these heartless devils that advocated this rule.

Sorry for the harsh words. I have been stuck in this muck for more than 10 years with no respite coming.

Krishna

Quote:
We have been working on this rule since early-mid 2014. We explained the problem to people in the administration, they understood the problem and they committed to providing "Portable Work Authorization" in the EO.

Everything was fine until the middle of the year (as witnessed by the memo we leaked).

We believe that towards the middle of the year, probably thanks to a very large number of I140-EAD inquiries to a very large Immigration Law firm, companies finally woke up towards the implications of this.

We think that in desperation they had THE heaviest hitter in the Immigration Law lobbying space quit what we think was a high six figure job (600-800K a year) - to take a job at DHS with the explicit purpose of killing this regulation. The person I am referring to is a former Immigration Lawyer turned lobbyist for the U.S. Chamber of commerce. This person is the crème de la crème of the lobbying world. When that lobbyist was in the employ of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the lobbying coalition that we loosely describe as "The Companies" would never have dreamed of signing off any legislation or regulation without this persons sign-off. Conversely, this persons sign off on a proposal would signify that the broader coalition of "The Companies" has signed off on the proposal. This was one heavy hitter who quit a very highly compensated (and high-profile) at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to join the DHS at the level of a mid level bureaucrat.

We know for a fact that this person, did not "cool off" for two years after their U.S. Chamber of commerce job before taking up employment at DHS. We believe that in their haste to contain the I140-EAD, companies might have made other mistakes that an FBI investigation will uncover - like making promises of future employment to staffers who will be seeking employment when the Obama Administration demits office.

As I said earlier, our ONLY shot at getting "Portable Work Authorization" out of this, is to shine a spotlight on the irregularity and get this person and all other compromised people out of any position of responsibility having to do with this rule. As far as we can see calling for an FBI investigation is the only and most effective way of doing this.

As soon as this person joined DHS, we saw the writing on the wall. We had subsequent meetings in the WH where we repeatedly and insistently warned them about what was happening. They repeated assured us that this was not happening - we do not know if this was ignorance or malice. Aman went to DHS Ombudsman's conference (with a fever) in a last ditch effort to roll this back - which you saw on that video.

Personally, this is very upsetting. Like the rest of you, I had high hopes around this rule and watching this lobbyist ruin years of hard work - right at the very end pisses me off like you wouldn't believe. As I said on the call, we have a great organization, great "ground game", great leadership - everybody in the Senate, House and Administration knows about about us and our issues. However, unless we can fix the money problem and hire our own lobbyists to play this dirty game, it will be exceptionally difficult to move legislation and more upsetting - this shit will happen again and again and again and again - regardless of how much work we put into anything.

Me and I am sure I speak for most active volunteers are all fucking pissed off at this. We have been robbed of something much more precious than money - we have been robbed of opportunity and our future - Over a million people have been robbed so 2-3 people can get cushy jobs in 2017. The companies and immigration lawyers have made it very clear that they absolutely do not want you to be free. They want you to be stuck in the H1-B cycle so you can work for cheap and line their pockets.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcadv15 is on a distinguished road

Even the anti-immigration crowd would be interested to know about possible corruption at USCIS. They do have a loud voice and may be heard. Do we try to share this message with them or could that backfire?

Old 01-04-2016, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pankajkchhabra has a spectacular aura about pankajkchhabra has a spectacular aura about
Default Posted the comment

I just posted the comments. I really appreciate IV for putting it together. I was also expecting EAD+AP.
Your Comment Tracking Number: 1k0-8n79-za5z

Old 01-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chintakk is on a distinguished road
Default Done.

Done, here is mine ..1k0-8n79-k3g5

Old 01-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sidhupande is on a distinguished road
Default Disclaimer on reginfo

* This count refers to the total comment/submissions received on this document, as of 11:59 PM yesterday. Note: Agencies review all submissions, however some agencies may choose to redact, or withhold, certain submissions (or portions thereof) such as those containing private or proprietary information, inappropriate language, or duplicate/near duplicate examples of a mass-mail campaign. This can result in discrepancies between this count and those displayed when conducting searches on the Public Submission document type. For specific information about an agency’s public submission policy, refer to its website or the Federal Register document.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcadv15 View Post
Even the anti-immigration crowd would be interested to know about possible corruption at USCIS. They do have a loud voice and may be heard. Do we try to share this message with them or could that backfire?
I sent it to the Tipline at Breitbart as well as Fox last night.. The Enemy of your Enemy is your friend

I didn't have access to the write-up from IV - so I typed up stuff myself and sent it - Not sure if they would look at it but maybe if lot more people write to them they will consider it. After all they post all kindsa rubbish without thinking - this might be the best piece of journalism they come across anytime soon.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deepujohn76@gmail.com is on a distinguished road

Posted comments.. Will tell family and friends
Your Comment Tracking Number: 1k0-8n79-m4yf

Old 01-04-2016, 05:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
goldengate001 is on a distinguished road
Default My comment

My tracking number 1k0-8n7a-6ff7

Old 01-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
palciparum is on a distinguished road

Quote:

In addition to sending comments, attaching IV letter and asking for FBI enquiry, should we take IV letter to our Senators and Congressman too to highlight what's going on? Will that help?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
essell is on a distinguished road
Smile Submitted the initial comment

Done posting on regulation.gov !!!!!!!!!

My Comment Tracking Number is 1k0-8n77-evps

Old 01-04-2016, 06:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
HumHongeKaamyaab is on a distinguished road
Default My Comments

I am not posting my posting number. Here is my post WORD TO WORD and I also attached Aman's PDF document for added burn. I am pissed off and so should you - honestly I dont give a F*** anymore and if some single as***** took this away from us..I want his head on a platter:
These are my comments that I posted earlier today..and I will post atleast 10 more coments to increase the volume...you do the same....

"I completely REJECT this rule in its current form and would like to request an official FBI enquiry into why everything that was discussed and rediscussed with the LEGAL imigrant community was removed from the final rule based on hiring lobbyists at the DHS inspite of Mr. Obama's Executive Order on Ethics Committments that state that no lobbyist will be appointed for a period of 2 years from the date of their appointment at specific private companies and parties.

The legal immigration community has reason to believe that unethical practices took place behind closed doors to limit and severely restrict legal immigrants' rights from them. The mafia like network that operates behind closed doors needs to be exposed and thus, I call for an immediate FBI enquiry.

The current system has mutated to enslave H1B workers by locking them into one company through a physically and emotionally draining process of having to restart the green card process everytime they want to change jobs, which leads to reduced bargaining power of the H1B employee, leading to reduced wages for these H1B employees and most significantly, the eventual depression of wages for the AMERICAN WORKER. H1B workers stand WITH the American workers NOT against. The corporate greed and lawyer and LOBBYIST's networking power works against a regular person with limited access to money. This is a perversion of the intent of the system and it disgusts me to my core. I am ashamed that I moved to the US when my friends in Canada and Australia mock me for the lack of freedom I have living in supposed 'the land of the free'.

I first came to the US in 2004 to pursue a masters in science degree. I will have to wait until 2025 in the current situation to be able to BE CURRENT with my priority date. Why this 21 year wait for me and my family for following rules and paying taxes LEGALLY??? Why am I being punished for doing the RIGHT THING?

In my current situation, I have had to pass over multiple opportunities with higher wages (Upto 40% increase) and more responsibilities because the hiring firm did not want to go through the hassle of filing PERM and I-140 for me after 6 rounds of interviews!! What if I had an EAD in this situation as was discussed through this rule? I have a masters in science degree and used up my OPT after that. I have been wanting to do an MBA for the last 8 years, but because your rules DO NOT grant an OPT for the same education level, I have been unable to pursue this second master's degree. I cannot wait for H1B after my MBA as school ends in May and H1B starts in October of the next fiscal year creating a gap employers dont want to deal with. What if I had an EAD/Green Card in this situation? I would have earned an MBA and started a company employing AMERICAN workers, paying AMERICAN wages. This example is at the heart of how restrictive the rules are and how they curb an immigrants' ambitions. Please afford us freedom in the form of PORTABILITY and Advanced Parole. In another instance, I had to interface with a client in Canada but could not travel as I do not have a valid visa for re-entry and for which I have to go back to my home country! Ridiculous.

Your rules are regressive and way behind the times compared to the rest of the world. Raise your head and please look at what other countries are doing to make it a compelling case for us immigrants to move there. Your rules are emotionally crushing. Your ways are perverted to feed corporate greed. According to Senate’s lobbying disclosure website, a specific top registered lobbyist for US Chamber of Commerce was related to lobbying or political contributions of over $395 million since 2011. With that standard, this is the top industry registered lobbyist that has lobbied for many years on behalf of companies to push for their agenda which works against the AMERICAN WORKER AND the H1B worker.

1- WE WANT AN FBI EQUIRY INTO THIS MATTER.
2- WE WANT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE TO KNOW THAT WE ARE ABUSED DUE TO THE STATUS QUO WHICH IN TURN HURTS THE AMERICAN WORKER AND LEADS TO DEPRESSED WAGES.
3- WE WANT JOB MOBILITY SO WE CAN LIVE OUR LIVES, BUY HOUSES AND LIVE IN FREEDOM.
4- MAKE THIS RIGHT PER Mr. OBAMA'S OBJECTIVES SET THROUGH EXECUtiVE ACTION.
5- WE WANT ADVANCED PAROLE SO WE CAN TRAVEL FOR WORK INTERNAIONALLY.

Thank you"

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.