Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2016, 03:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moon_walker333 is on a distinguished road
Default Silence???

So, on the last day of comments also all we are going to get from IV Leads is Silence??? Already we are so frustrated with the silence we get from USCIS.

Sharing a new plan/strategy/update with all of us would have been nice.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-29-2016, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
foia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_walker333 View Post
So, on the last day of comments also all we are going to get from IV Leads is Silence??? Already we are so frustrated with the silence we get from USCIS.

Sharing a new plan/strategy/update with all of us would have been nice.
Please do not end your comment with the word "nice". People are already screwed because of this nickname.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

IVs comments will be officially submitted later today. We will share an update once that is done. What some may see as "silence" - is quite simply a lot of folks heads down into other important work going on in the background including burning the midnight oil to get technical precision needed to make some of our arguments in this version of our comments.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
d.kiran is on a distinguished road

@vikidisi - So, can I take it to mean that at this point in time, the volume of comments no longer matter, the specifics and detail is what is most important ?

Old 02-29-2016, 05:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikastaneja is on a distinguished road

I see the count of number of comments have dramatically increased by 3K in the last 3-4 hours.
Also, I see the three comments - all of them are posted by law firms and all talking about opposing EAD adjudication period. None of them mentioned anything else. Seems like AILA is flooding the comments overshadowing previous comments. Any thoughts?

Old 02-29-2016, 05:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-14
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
thankstooptx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.kiran View Post
@vikidisi - So, can I take it to mean that at this point in time, the volume of comments no longer matter, the specifics and detail is what is most important ?
I guess Yeah at this point that is pretty much a given. Just anxious to see what IV is proposing.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-14
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
thankstooptx is on a distinguished road

All attorneys comments are showing up now and all of them are opposing to USCIS not adjudicating EAD's applications in timely manner nothing else. Showing their true colors.

"We are AILA members. We strongly oppose the part of the proposed rule that
would eliminate the longstanding requirement that USCIS timely adjudicate applications
for employment authorization within 90 days of applying or provide an interim
employment authorization document (EAD) for up to 240 days to certain applicants for
immigration benefits"

Old 02-29-2016, 06:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
HumHongeKaamyaab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankstooptx View Post
All attorneys comments are showing up now and all of them are opposing to USCIS not adjudicating EAD's applications in timely manner nothing else. Showing their true colors.

"We are AILA members. We strongly oppose the part of the proposed rule that
would eliminate the longstanding requirement that USCIS timely adjudicate applications
for employment authorization within 90 days of applying or provide an interim
employment authorization document (EAD) for up to 240 days to certain applicants for
immigration benefits"
About 5,000 comments got uploaded today by the lawyers!!! And these bastards have phrased it in such a manner that it seems initially that they are REJECTING the rule, but when you read closer, its like they're objecting to one part that doesn't even matter and the implication being that we are ok with everything else in teh rule..except this small portion that we object to...WHAT UTTER ASSHOLES! Makes my blood boil...

Old 02-29-2016, 06:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumHongeKaamyaab View Post
About 5,000 comments got uploaded today by the lawyers!!! And these bastards have phrased it in such a manner that it seems initially that they are REJECTING the rule, but when you read closer, its like they're objecting to one part that doesn't even matter and the implication being that we are ok with everything else in teh rule..except this small portion that we object to...WHAT UTTER ASSHOLES! Makes my blood boil...
Start a new thread and post any such findings and blatant examples of two-faced immigration lobby. Let's expose them.

We have repeatedly said over and over about the true intentions and the levels to which the special interest groups have been working heads down to water down this fix.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
palciparum is on a distinguished road

IV should telegram everyone with some new comments and I think we can easily get 1000-2000 new comments if we post for ourselves and our spouse.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shv is on a distinguished road

Don't think 5000 comments got added today itself, the weekend comments were shown today and today's comments would be shown tomorrow or day after tomorrow.

It is expected from lawyers that they don't support us having EAD/AP benefit.

For people who are asking for IV technical comments, I don't think they gonna be different than what they've already shared with us/dhs... so instead of waiting, comment yourself with whatever good knowledge you have about the rule.

The comment should include the obvious:-

1) Provide unrestricted EAD/AP option for people with I140 approved and who have completed 6 years on H1b and who face and/or are facing huge backlogs to file AOS instead of proposing one time EAD benefit under compelling circumstances which only helps few 100's.

2) Oppose the rule completely

3) Current proposed rule is against president's EO

4) Mention the hardships faced/facing when dealing with huge backlogs like endless H1b renewals, stampings, transfers, refiling of perm/I140, not able to change jobs and causing severe damage to your professional and career growth, etc. Ask for removal of refiling of perm/i140 whenever employee changes job.

5) How the proposed rule affecting the US economy and american workers due to cheap labour exploitation etc

6) How lawyers lobbying for their own benefit and demand for FBI enquiry into it

7) Instead of providing one time Job loss grace period of 60 days, ask for 90 days grace period everytime jobloss happens.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

URGENT Action Item: Final Comments for "EAD for I-140" rule - Immigration Voice (URGENT Action Item: Final Comments for "EAD for I-140" rule)

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 02-29-2016, 08:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pankajkchhabra has a spectacular aura about pankajkchhabra has a spectacular aura about
Default IV Technical Comment Reference 1k0-8o8n-dqez

Please Post your comment again as advised by IV email.

I oppose the regulation in its current form and would like to voice my support for Immigration Voice's comments with tracking number 1k0-8o8n-dqez

Link to submit comments
http://www.regulations.gov/#!submitComment;D=USCIS-2015-0008-0001

Old 03-01-2016, 06:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

We have posted our full comments, details are in a new thread (Technical Comments for "EAD for I-140" rule).

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 03-01-2016, 07:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Wow

Thanks IV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am yet to read and understand all the 24 pages... I can understand how much effort would have gone into this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
We have posted our full comments, details are in a new thread (Technical Comments for "EAD for I-140" rule).