Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2016, 01:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
viralmeh is on a distinguished road

Thanks IV for all the hard work. I hope this effort will make meaningful changes in the regulation

I have a question,I am not very experienced in this and apologies if this was asked before and already answered.

Is there a remote possibility that the opposition/negative comments I see getting published can be seen by USCIS/DHS as a rejection by people and completely stop this regulation all together rather than updating and moving ahead ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-14
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
thankstooptx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by viralmeh@gmail.com View Post
Thanks IV for all the hard work. I hope this effort will make meaningful changes in the regulation

I have a question,I am not very experienced in this and apologies if this was asked before and already answered.

Is there a remote possibility that the opposition/negative comments I see getting published can be seen by USCIS/DHS as a rejection by people and completely stop this regulation all together rather than updating and moving ahead ?
yes, there is a chance they will pull back the entire regulation, but I believe we had to take that chance, or else USCIS would fill its check box and move on and we will be left with no other options but to live with the regulation.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikastaneja is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankstooptx View Post
yes, there is a chance they will pull back the entire regulation, but I believe we had to take that chance, or else USCIS would fill its check box and move on and we will be left with no other options but to live with the regulation.
I agree. It is better not to have such regulation rather than having a broken one.
Then we can voice that POTUS has not delivered on his promises.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DCToGC is on a distinguished road

After going thr' IV's comments on the proposed rule i think words would fall short to thank each one who contributed to draft the document. Such a neatly compiled document, Its a tight slap on the opponents of original EAD/AP rule and surely it will shut mouth of every immigration lawyer.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
palciparum is on a distinguished road
Default How true is EB1C abuse?

There is a petition going around for EB1C abuse and it comes on forums whenever visa bulletin is out and dates don't move as happened yesterday.

Per that petition and other post on various forums,
"Respected President & Congress members,

We would like to appraise you of a particular area of United States Immigration law that has a huge potential of fraud and misrepresentation along with being unfairly biased in favor of the people who choose to abuse it. We are talking about the Employment-based first preference category EB1C (International Managers). As you are already probably aware, the requirements for eligibility in that category is just a year of overseas managerial experience in a company that conducts business in both US and abroad. We are sure you will agree that compared to the fair and stringent requirements of EB1A (persons of exceptional ability) and EB1B (outstanding researchers), this is a rather simple qualification to prove. Moreover it opens up avenues for fraud and misrepresentation particularly by overseas companies doing business in USA to unfairly take advantage of this simple requirement.

The following example illustrates the fallacy:
Person A (originally from India) has a US masters degree in a STEM field and works for a company in a managerial job that requires a Masters degree and a few years of experience. This person can only file in EB2 category which is badly backlogged.

Person B (originally from India) has a bachelors degree in a STEM field and works for a company in a job that requires a Bachelors degree and a few years of experience. This person can only file in EB3 category which is even more severely backlogged.

In contrast, Person C (originally from India) works as some manager (over a year) in an Indian software company that also conducts business in the USA. This person can file in EB1C and will get preference over Persons A & B. Please note that for Person C, educational qualifications are irrelevant as there is no such requirement and moreover they are determined by the employing company. So potentially a person with a high school diploma can qualify in that category, not to mention that the prospect of frauds opens up exponentially. Contrast this with EB1A (persons of exceptional ability) and EB1B (outstanding researchers). In terms of immigration preference, person C is considered at par with a Nobel Prize worthy scholar (EB1A) or a renowned Researcher in a STEM field (EB1B). I am sure you are able to see the fallacy easily.

With the recent measures taken to curtail fraud in programs like H1B, the perpetrators have increasingly turned to this EB1C category. We would like to request you to kindly take up the matter with the appropriate authorities about this issue and restore some parity in the above categories. Ideally the EB1C category should be abolished or downgraded to a lower preference category.

Request your help with this.
Thanking you in anticipation,

Employment Based Legal Immigrant Community "

How true is this because there is no proof. There is increase in EB1C filing but does that prove abuse?

Some argue some degree of fraud/abuse is in every category - EB-1 or 2 or 3. Report abuse if you see.

Some argue that you may feel its fraud but you need to provide evidence. Others argue that USCIS/DHS should look in to it as how many managers does the country need that filings are increasing so much. Of course they are getting approved as proper paper work is being done.

What can people do about this - to find out the truth?

Because if EB1C fraud is real then julm karne wale se julm sahne wala jyada gunahgaar hota hai!

Old 03-03-2016, 02:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default How true is EB1C abuse?

There is a petition going around for EB1C abuse and it comes on forums whenever visa bulletin is out and dates don't move as happened yesterday.

We would like to appraise you of a particular area of United States Immigration law that has a huge potential of fraud and misrepresentation along with being unfairly biased in favor of the people who choose to abuse it. We are talking about the Employment-based first preference category EB1C (International Managers). As you are already probably aware, the requirements for eligibility in that category is just a year of overseas managerial experience in a company that conducts business in both US and abroad. We are sure you will agree that compared to the fair and stringent requirements of EB1A (persons of exceptional ability) and EB1B (outstanding researchers), this is a rather simple qualification to prove. Moreover it opens up avenues for fraud and misrepresentation particularly by overseas companies doing business in USA to unfairly take advantage of this simple requirement.

Person A (originally from India) has a US masters degree in a STEM field and works for a company in a managerial job that requires a Masters degree and a few years of experience. This person can only file in EB2 category which is badly backlogged.

Person B (originally from India) has a bachelors degree in a STEM field and works for a company in a job that requires a Bachelors degree and a few years of experience. This person can only file in EB3 category which is even more severely backlogged.

In contrast, Person C (originally from India) works as some manager (over a year) in an Indian software company that also conducts business in the USA. This person can file in EB1C and will get preference over Persons A & B. Please note that for Person C, educational qualifications are irrelevant as there is no such requirement and moreover they are determined by the employing company. So potentially a person with a high school diploma can qualify in that category, not to mention that the prospect of frauds opens up exponentially. Contrast this with EB1A (persons of exceptional ability) and EB1B (outstanding researchers). In terms of immigration preference, person C is considered at par with a Nobel Prize worthy scholar (EB1A) or a renowned Researcher in a STEM field (EB1B). I am sure you are able to see the fallacy easily.

With the recent measures taken to curtail fraud in programs like H1B, the perpetrators have increasingly turned to this EB1C category. We would like to request you to kindly take up the matter with the appropriate authorities about this issue and restore some parity in the above categories. Ideally the EB1C category should be abolished or downgraded to a lower preference category.

How true is this because there is no proof. There is increase in EB1C filing but does that prove abuse?

Some argue some degree of fraud/abuse is in every category - EB-1 or 2 or 3. Report abuse if you see.

Some argue that you may feel its fraud but you need to provide evidence. Others argue that USCIS/DHS should look in to it as how many managers does the country need that filings are increasing so much. Of course they are getting approved as proper paper work is being done.

Because if EB1C fraud is real then julm karne wale se julm sahne wala jyada gunahgaar hota hai!

Old 03-03-2016, 04:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by palciparum View Post

I am trying to post above but its get posted randomly in between various posts??

Old 03-03-2016, 10:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RH_93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCToGC View Post
Administrator2, do you think it will be a good idea to put a small post on IV FB page about all this twitter exchanges, that way people will become more vigilant about all immigration lawyers. I guess not all IV members visit these threads regularly
Dear IV team,

Thanks for your stinging and true to the bone comments on the "rule". Many of us have taken inspiration from your comments and hard work. You had mentioned after your meeting at the WH that there might be a way forward and you were working towards it and the lobbying efforts were part of that...is that still the case or has anything seismic happened that now leads you to believe this rule is garbage and nothing is going to help us waiting folks. I am not sure the sudden burst of twitter exchange was an indication of things coming. Generally your response has been stating the facts and put the morons on ignore. Something changed there....and is a lot more raw than before. Any guidance on next steps and how we can help will be good.

Thank you.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

Lawyers are trying to hijack IV's comments

https://twitter.com/cyrusmehta/statu...28763252662273
"Amused @immivoice adopted my Turkey visa idea without attribution in comment, but rail agst lawyers like Don Quixote tilting at windmills"

Old 03-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

Gotcher is attacking IV

(see attached screenshot)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (9.8 KB, 73 views)

Old 03-06-2016, 03:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

And bootlickers are being cheerleaders

(see attached)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (11.1 KB, 49 views)

Old 03-06-2016, 05:42 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdgc View Post
Lawyers are trying to hijack IV's comments

https://twitter.com/cyrusmehta/statu...28763252662273
"Amused @immivoice adopted my Turkey visa idea without attribution in comment, but rail agst lawyers like Don Quixote tilting at windmills"
These lawyers some how think that everything we immigrants do, we must somehow take their permission or give them credit for it. If it was possible, these lawyers would patent the word "air" and "oxygen" and hold each one of us on ransom, asking for credit/ransom if we breath.

We are not required to provide this guy or any of these damn lawyers anything. This guy is claiming that we are using his "idea". First of all, this is not his idea, we gave this idea and discussed the same idea with Bush Administration in 2007 and we have record of that. Secondly, what is the point of an idea if one is not willing to follow through? Idea about action is just a figment of imagination. Idea with action is concrete outcome. While these lawyers have not done anything about the growing exploitation of skilled immigrants over the years, we think these lawyers guys are disingenuous and unworthy of any attention.

Last night IV team asked them 6 simple questions. One would believe that these are 6 very simple questions that they should be able to answer. But nah, they have no answer. Why, because they have nothing to show that they are fair bargainers in the system. Over the years, these immigration lawyers have been systematically engaged in screwing and exploiting immigrants by not only giving immigration advice, but rather business advice to employers for how to use immigration status to retain immigrant employees, so immigrants stuck in backlogs are unable to change jobs/employers. These lawyers tell employers to not to give copies of description of your labor certs, copies receipt and approval notices of your I-140. Some employers even don't even give pay stubs or H-1B document to employees. This is all on the advice of immigration lawyers, so immigrant employees cannot change jobs/employers. Then they push for regulations to make sure that I-140 application belong to employer, H-1B application belong to employer, everything belongs to employer, as if immigrants is a dead body and not a living organism. Over the years, such tricks have been played by immigration lawyers and their organization with the rules and regulation, that when you read the rules and regulations, one can easily make out that these sleazy bastards have played tricks with the system.

We know immigration lawyers all too well. They claim ownership for everything. So we will not be surprised if this guy may one day claim that he owns the sunlight. Let him jump up and down. We owe him nothing and let him go to hell.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:49 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Gotcher is attacking IV

(see attached screenshot)

This guy gotcher is a piece of art. A few years back he emailed us wanting to "advice" us. We did not even care to respond to such guy because we know these immigration lawyers all too well.

This guy attacks us every few days. Why? Because we refuse to give a flying bleep about him. The guy is probably in his 70s but still crave for attention like a baby. When we respond to his shenanigans, he will immediately call a truce. That is what he did the last time.

Then he recently started a front group that represent the interest of lawyers but make it look like as if they represent immigrants. So he has tried everything, but we still don't give him attention. What else do you expect from him.

We don't think this gotcher is worthy of our our response. Let him bark.

Last edited by Administrator2; 03-06-2016 at 05:53 PM.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:01 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
And bootlickers are being cheerleaders

(see attached)

As you pointed, this guy is the biggest boot licker of all times. He is from the group that think immigration lawyers are Gods. This guy is a jerk, and I don't who he is but I am told that he has been writing BS for sometime. These guys are all talk and no action. And if IV speaks up or works on behalf of immigrants, this guy never misses a chance to attack us.

They are talking to each other, pretending to have a discussion to find fault in IV's comments imagine that. They don't like our comments because we want immigrants to be free from the grip of immigration lawyers and employers, so this front group finds an phony reason to attack us.

But hey, we never cared for such people. We work on this issue because we know that there are thousands of people out there who want to work with us and understand the bigger picture about how lawyers and immigration lawyers have been screwing all immigrants and Americans, all at the same time. As far as this guy is concerned, he is a disgrace and waste of time.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:08 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

For IV Members,

We don't know what this "turkey idea" that these jerks are referring too, and neither do we care. Instead of reading the comments and helping to improve (we like constructive criticism), they are attacking IV's comments without even being able to clearly describe the reason.

People like Cyrus seem to think that if you utter the word "immigration", then you should give him credit. The guy is simply over the top. We asked immigration lawyers these simple 6 questions, but they are unwilling (rather unable) to respond.

See if you can draw a response from immigration lawyers for these 6 questions:

https://twitter.com/immivoice/status/706377830381330432

Quote:
Question 1: Have the current system of long backlogs resulted in increased exploitation of immigrants on H1 and L1 visa?

Question 2: You seem to blog extensively, then why have you NEVER EVER written about the exploitation skilled immigrants on H1/L1 visas?

Question 3: When H1B/L1 immigrants have fewer rights/ability to change employer, are they not more attractive 2 employers over Americans?

Question 4: Have GC backlogs resulted in more pent-up demand for H1/L1 visas because employers can have more control over immigrant employees who cannot change jobs for decades?

Question 5: Thus, has green card backlogs resulted in displacement of US workers? Is this not the reason for why employers want more captive workers on H-1B and L-1 visas, resulting in displacement of Americans?

Question 6: Everyone who is associated with skilled immigration is fully aware of all sorts of exploitation of skilled immigrants on H-1B and L-1 visas, waiting for green cards? Why does not immigration lawyer talk, blog, comment or write articles about the well-known exploitation of skilled immigrants due to lack of job mobility?