Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2016, 12:30 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC2022 is infamous around these parts GC2022 is infamous around these parts
Default I reject this behavior

IV, I hate to say this - I am actually blocked by Greg siskind for asking some questions couple of months back. But today i feel IV has crossed the line. What have you done ? You have made a fool out of yourself and out of all of us. You just ran your foul mouth without evidence ( YOu are probably right), but that does not make for good optics, it doesnt make for good movement building, it doesnt make for good morale of people who are supporting you and it does not show you or me in good color.

I cannot believe i am doing this , but i want to share greg siskind's Response to the Regulation and quote him which might answer some questions you have posed.

Regulations.gov

"This proposal should have been written with the goal of moving as many people as possible in to an
employment-authorized status that provided maximum mobility for immigrant workers. This would be
good for US workers since it would greatly increase the bargaining power of these backlogged immigrant
workers and driven up salaries (which in turn will drive up US worker salaries). And it would be good for
employers who would save the thousands of dollars spent on regular H-1B renewals.
One winner in this proposal is the group of abusive employers who prefer keeping workers in H-1B status
and unable to move to better jobs
. Another is USCIS itself which will receive millions and millions in
additional fees by forcing people to unnecessarily maintain H-1B status. "

Administrator2 - if you have a beef with the lawyers, use your personal account to thrash them in your personal capacity. But when you are representing 110k people who also happen to have brains of their own maybe you should watch what you say on public forums. There is absolutely no reason to be cheap/ foul mouthed to make a point as it does nothing to elevate the discussion ( if thats what you want to do ). If you are not articulate enough to answer their questions or ask them valid questions in a dignified manner, give the twitter handle to me.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Relax guys.

Because IV is the first one to formally say that the labor statute is broken and impossible to implement "at the time of application and admission" for any long backlogs, I ask no goddamn lawyers should refer to this idea without giving credit to IV. Oops they never will mention this anyway because they have known and agreed not to mention it hush hush. Maybe they are upset that someone brought it up.

If they really wanted they could have written a blog or two on the labor statute or AC21 104(c) one time extension or 204j implementation to make i140 portable. And that would have been more fresh than the rotten turkey. But which lawyer wants to talk about real shit (hurting their pockets) when they can water our mouths with showing us fake turkey legs again again?

Look guys if us immigrants who are not lawyers can poke holes and come up with decent arguments, these master cheaters can do even better than us especially when they claim to give a shit about us. But they won't coz they don't give a shit about us.

Old 03-07-2016, 12:45 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC2022 View Post
IV, I hate to say this - I am actually blocked by Greg siskind for asking some questions couple of months back. But today i feel IV has crossed the line. What have you done ? You have made a fool out of yourself and out of all of us. You just ran your foul mouth without evidence ( YOu are probably right), but that does not make for good optics, it doesnt make for good movement building, it doesnt make for good morale of people who are supporting you and it does not show you or me in good color.

I cannot believe i am doing this , but i want to share greg siskind's Response to the Regulation and quote him which might answer some questions you have posed.

Regulations.gov

"This proposal should have been written with the goal of moving as many people as possible in to an
employment-authorized status that provided maximum mobility for immigrant workers. This would be
good for US workers since it would greatly increase the bargaining power of these backlogged immigrant
workers and driven up salaries (which in turn will drive up US worker salaries). And it would be good for
employers who would save the thousands of dollars spent on regular H-1B renewals.
One winner in this proposal is the group of abusive employers who prefer keeping workers in H-1B status
and unable to move to better jobs
. Another is USCIS itself which will receive millions and millions in
additional fees by forcing people to unnecessarily maintain H-1B status. "

Administrator2 - if you have a beef with the lawyers, use your personal account to thrash them in your personal capacity. But when you are representing 110k people who also happen to have brains of their own maybe you should watch what you say on public forums. There is absolutely no reason to be cheap/ foul mouthed to make a point as it does nothing to elevate the discussion ( if thats what you want to do ). If you are not articulate enough to answer their questions or ask them valid questions in a dignified manner, give the twitter handle to me.
So the guy NEVER EVER said anything about exploitation and abuse of skilled immigrants for as long he has existed. The guy has the time to blog about everything under the sun, but has NEVER EVER said anything about exploitation and abuse of skilled immigrants, which is widespread and widely known.

And for years these lawyers have been giving money to their organization that lobbies for the interest of immigration lawyers, which is often against the interest of immigrants. But they pretend that they are working on behalf of immigrants.

With that as a background, for once in his life he mentioned the word "abuse" in his comments probably because he knew that people like you will read his comments, but according to you, Siskind is God because he wrote that 1 phrase once in his life??????

Get real, please. Your response is not proportionate/balanced to the issue at hand.

You think becoz we picked a fight with some meaningless lawyer on twitter, so it is bad optics? How do you know? Maybe that is what we wanted. Maybe that is what we planned for and now we plan to use this for our purpose. Is that possible? What makes bad optics to you, may not be bad optics for someone else. Is that possible?

You seem to portray that "I" have a personal beef with lawyers. Yes, IV leadership has personal beef with the lawyers because immigration lawyers have been screwing our people. Who cares if you as 1 person don't feel exploited and taken advantage off. Majority of our members do feel it that way.

And if you are so good, and you already seem to know what to do, then why don't you start your own organization and work from there. If you were so good, know all, then why would you want to "advice" us, go start your organization. And when you start your organization, and work on this issue for 10 years, and see lawyers sabotage your fixes for a decades, then come back and talk to us about how it feels. We will be right here showing you the same quote from Siskind at that time, and will ask you to settle your beef with lawyers separately.

Old 03-07-2016, 12:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

If there are folks out there that feel that they don't or should not have a 'beef' with immigration lawyers, that is actually a very sad thing. That means that you guys are reading broad level and vague tweets / posts from them and accepting that they are fighting on your behalf. The reality is on the other end of the spectrum.

Old 03-07-2016, 01:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shyamps is on a distinguished road
Angry Wolves in sheep Clothing, That's what Lawyers are...

And, If you need more proof that Lawyer groups and crooked Lobbying interests are stabbing us behind our backs, See for yourself the official comments submitted by AILA for the I140 EAD regulation. AILA is the American Immigration Lawyer's association & the largest organisation representing Immigration Lawyers in the United States. In the comments They have submitted to the DHS for I140 EAD, they are basically telling DHS to screw immigrants and interpret the law in such a way that everytime there is a job change, an immigrant must submit and restart the Immigration Green Card process.I am quoting the text here, but you can find all the details in IV's thread: Making fun of AILA Submission on AC21 Reg - Immigration Voice (Making fun of AILA Submission on AC21 Reg).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
I am starting this thread to just say: AILA submission is utter bullshit.
Here is my favorite part where AILA wants DHS to put more salt on our wounds:
The population that will be drawn to this proposal is individuals who have an approved immigrant petition but who are unable to apply for adjustment of status due to the long visa backlogs. However, it must be made clear to this population that the beneficiary of an approved employment-based petition must have a valid offer of employment based on a valid petition, and that the applicant must intend to accept such offer of employment at the time of adjusting to permanent resident status (in cases where that option remains available) or entering the U.S. on an immigrant visa. It is assumed that most (c)(36) EAD applicants would be compelled to apply for independent work authorization to change jobs, employers, or even professions, and not to simply stay with their current employer. Therefore, (c)(36) EAD recipients must either have an arrangement with the petitioning employer to resume or assume the position articulated in the approved I-140 petition when the priority date becomes current, or they must make alternative arrangements with a new employer to commence the immigrant visa process anew. Though (c)(36) EAD recipients would be able to retain the priority date from the original petition (unless it is revoked due to fraud, misrepresentation, etc.), they would still need an approved petition with an employer intending to hire them on a permanent basis in order to obtain permanent residence.
Post your comments. Don't be fooled by Giskind or others.
To rebutt what they are asking, i'm quoting the Text from Immigration nationality act passed by Congress that describes how an immigrants status must be adjusted.

Quote:

INA: ACT 245 - ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS OF NONIMMIGRANT TO THAT OF PERSON ADMITTED FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE
Sec. 245. [8 U.S.C. 1255]

(a)
The status of an alien who was inspected and admitted or paroled into the United States

1/

or the status of any other alien having an approved petition for classification

may be adjusted by the Attorney General, in his discretion and under such regulations as he may prescribe, to that of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence if

(1) the alien makes an application for such adjustment,

(2) the alien is eligible to receive an immigrant visa and is admissible to the United States for permanent residence, and

(3) an immigrant visa is immediately available to him at the time his application is filed.
Nowhere in the text passed by Congress (The Highest Authority in this country) does it say that an alien/immigrant must maintain employment with the same original petitioning employer during the entire green card process so he/she can adjust his/her status during the last stage of the process.

Despite this clear language in the act enacted by Congress (The Highest Authority in this country), the people from AILA are the scoundrels who are trying to dictate to DHS to interpret the laws in the way it suits them so they can keep people stuck in green card backlogs forever so their lawyers can preserve their money making racket agenda of charging immigrants and their employers to indefenitely keep renewing their H1B visas to help keep them getting richer at our expense. Who the hell do these AILA people think they are? Creators of this Universe? I hope people are wise enought to see through their deceit and call them out for what they really are, unscrouplous @##@#@!@#!!!! Its time to set this lousy system that exploits immigrants straight!!! Time to join IV and fight this fight!!!

Old 03-07-2016, 01:31 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC2022 is infamous around these parts GC2022 is infamous around these parts
Default Ofcourse we have a beef with lawyers

Ofcourse we have an issue with lawyers, Ofcourse the lawyers are screwing us. Ofcourse the lawyers are in it for money.

Infact - please see this document where i call them out publicly. Also, please observe the language i have used to engage. You can see the whole conversation on Murthy.com facebook page on this timestamp, its public.

How does it help by using filthy language ? does it amplify our message? or does it negate the effect of what we are saying? I can tell you that a strong case can be made that it does nothing to further our cause, not even to fully hit them with attacks. This is not attacking them, this is sophomoric pap.

See here

https://paper.dropbox.com/doc/How-to...l0uQuToFvnoDnL

Old 03-07-2016, 03:10 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC2022 View Post
Ofcourse we have an issue with lawyers, Ofcourse the lawyers are screwing us. Ofcourse the lawyers are in it for money.

Infact - please see this document where i call them out publicly. Also, please observe the language i have used to engage. You can see the whole conversation on Murthy.com facebook page on this timestamp, its public.

How does it help by using filthy language ? does it amplify our message? or does it negate the effect of what we are saying? I can tell you that a strong case can be made that it does nothing to further our cause, not even to fully hit them with attacks. This is not attacking them, this is sophomoric pap.

See here

https://paper.dropbox.com/doc/How-to...l0uQuToFvnoDnL

Different forums/tools are for different purposes. You don't change policy over twitter. Twitter is for shock and awe. Some get it, others don't. We don't want to engage with law firms. We think they are bunch of thieves and thugs. You can engage with them. We prefer to go to the Congress to tell staffers what these guys do. That is more effective. We don't plan to appeal to their better nature. We think they are thugs, and they will always be thugs.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DCToGC is on a distinguished road

Administrator2, do you think it will be a good idea to put a small post on IV FB page about all this twitter exchanges, that way people will become more vigilant about all immigration lawyers. I guess not all IV members visit these threads regularly

Old 03-31-2016, 04:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DCToGC is on a distinguished road

Hi, received following email from USCIS sometime ago today, can someone please tell whether this is related to much anticipated AC21 regulation.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
The following Federal Register Notice is now available:

Agency Information Collection Activities: Application To Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Form I-485, and Adjustment of Status Under Section 245(i), Supplement A to Form I-485; Revision of a Currently Approved Collection

Action: 60-day notice

March 31, 2016

FR DOC# 2016-07265

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-201...2016-07265.htm
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Old 03-31-2016, 08:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
right2niru is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCToGC View Post
Hi, received following email from USCIS sometime ago today, can someone please tell whether this is related to much anticipated AC21 regulation.

The following Federal Register Notice is now available:

Agency Information Collection Activities: Application To Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Form I-485, and Adjustment of Status Under Section 245(i), Supplement A to Form I-485; Revision of a Currently Approved Collection

Action: 60-day notice

March 31, 2016

FR DOC# 2016-07265

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-201...2016-07265.htm
I tried to read and comprehend 3 times however am not sure what is this request for and how are USCIS directly sending individuals instead of the petitioners ?

Old 03-31-2016, 09:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCBuyer is on a distinguished road
Default My 2 cents

I have not contributed much for the cause and I am ashamed of it. I am an active IV donor. From 30 thousand feet, I can tell that IV leadership need to mature on public relation skills to mobilize people. For the cause IV stand for, I believe it is one of the onus IV carries.

I am speaking out my heart and mind of naive (general immigrant community). Hence I believe my statement carries larger weight.