Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2016, 12:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mallina is on a distinguished road
Default EO Crap

Not knowing the politics behind the scene on this rule, I may be naive in thinking that this might not have happened without the consent of the leadership. Its just hard to digest that someone had the ability to sidetrack the agenda of the President. And even if someone was able to, Where is the leadership from the President here ? After all, folks have been asking about basic freedom and level playing field for abiding by the rules all the time.

Hate to see the Administration's attitude and silence over VBGate and this regulation. They might be thinking folks here do not have the ability to vote and so it might not even matter what they do to this community, but they should realize that in the process they have lost the trust and people will make it count when they, their children and families do get the ability to vote. They might be able to delay our ability to get an EAD but in due time they cannot stop it. It will probably be in few years if not today and likewise a GC and citizenship. A whole community will certainly remember how classic this backstabbing was.

Just some thoughts...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2016, 01:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough
Default Amy White can go Fcuk herself

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumHongeKaamyaab View Post
Looks like this is her...

https://www.uschamber.com/amy-m-nice

I don't know if it is her or not that derailed this rule (and I don't care anymore). I put in another comment calling her out. Who the fuck cares - implementing this rule is as good as not having anything in the first place.

This rule should be immediately rectified with the following changes:

1. Drop the compelling reasons clause for folks who have an approved I-140 and grant them immediate EAD without any need to redo their PERM or I-140 with new employers. People waiting in endless greencard backlogs should be a compelling reason in itself. After all undocumented immigrants do not have to do any of this dance - so if the statue can be interpreted to apply to undocumented and if DHS and the White House is confident of defending that in the Supreme Court then it should be applied to legal immigrants as well.

2. There should be no need to redo the PERM and I-140 incase of job changes. This process unduly discriminates against immigrants by making them undesirable to prospective employers. It keeps them stuck to their current employers, suppresses wages and harms the american worker in the process by allowing unscrupulous employers to exploit immigrants who cannot switch jobs without finding another employer who would be willing to redo their visa, refile their PERM and start the immigration process all over again.

3. Grant Advanced Parole and EAD to anyone waiting in a green card backlog.

The following were the intentions and directives of the President as listed in the fact sheet:

1. Providing portable work authorization for high-skilled workers awaiting LPR status and their spouses
2. Ensuring that individuals with lawful status can travel to their countries of origin.

None of this has been accomplished in this rule. Instead USCIS \ DHS is just regurgitating current practices and is a year late in framing up this rule. It is either extreme incompetence or complete corruption at the highest levels.This rule offers nothing to legal immigrants and will just continue to keep them as indentured slaves tethered to their current employers.

I would like to how how the process has deviated so much from the President's original intention and directive. Specifically, please explain who was involved in the framing of the rule, who had inputs into this and what caused it to deviate from what the White House directed the agency to do.

I would also like to know if Amy M. Nice, who recently joined DHS from the US Chamber of Commerce had anything to do with the framing of the rule. If so, please explain why the agency and administration allowed a former lobbyist that protected the interest of US Corporations and spent hours lobbying the agencies was allowed to frame a rule that affected the individuals, their families and the american people? How did the agency ensure that the rule was kept true to the President's original intention despite involvement of former lobbyists with preset agendas.

Were there other individuals like her who were involved in drafting the rule? Was any conflict of interest (current or future) taken into account?

Please stop playing these games and letting a few bad apples at USCIS \ DHS malign the entire organization. This rule is neither fair nor inclusive and does nothing to prevent exploitation of legal immigrants, does NOT provide portable work authorization and DOES Not allow for travel to their countries of origin (Advance Parole).

I was overjoyed when the president and the White House laid out their fact sheet last year in Nov 2015. The Agency is a year late to drafting this rule and has produced this almost 200 page document that regurgitates current practices and just puts more burdens in individuals and their families sentencing them to continuous exploitation and servitude.

Please make the changes that I have proposed in these comments - without them this rule is of no use to the millions of people stuck in greencard backlogs and the exploitation of legal immigrant individuals and their families will continue endlessly.

Old 01-06-2016, 02:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
testingtimes is on a distinguished road

Your Comment Tracking Number: 1k0-8n87-ho7h.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nvedia is on a distinguished road

Your Comment Tracking Number: 1k0-8n89-ewp2

Old 01-06-2016, 04:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

3,223 Comments Received

Only 383 published so far

Old 01-06-2016, 08:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
what_if is just really nice what_if is just really nice what_if is just really nice what_if is just really nice
Default Searching for keyword "lobby" in the Comments search results

I was trying to search for my comment and thought I would search for the word "lobby" in the search results to see if our comments are being curated inappropriately. To my surprise, I could see only 2 search results came up with the word "lobby" and this did not include my comment. I don't want to be the person who cried "wolf" but this does not look right.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prasadjoglekar is on a distinguished road

The USCIS seems to be suppressing 90% of the posted comments, and not making them visible to the public. This is for the #1 most popular rule on regulations.gov.

As a comparison, the agencies for #2 and #3 most popular rules on regulations.gov are suppressing only 10% of their comments.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadjoglekar View Post
The USCIS seems to be suppressing 90% of the posted comments, and not making them visible to the public. This is for the #1 most popular rule on regulations.gov.

As a comparison, the agencies for #2 and #3 most popular rules on regulations.gov are suppressing only 10% of their comments.
How are you sure USCIS is suppressing it ? Is it because of mass-mail campaign or some other reason ?

Its still not late, we should make sure that our comments are visible and find the reason behind the comments which did not appear

Old 01-06-2016, 08:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Not able to edit my previous post but here is my comment

Your Comment Tracking Number: 1k0-8n89-ewp2

After this rule, promise as per Obama has not been delivered. I sincerely request FBI investigation into the matter about the whole rule making process as its a complete deviation from the Executive Action.
We are stuck in the same job for long years because of having to extend H1B every year because of this.
I believe there should be some regard and respect for the money given to Economy as we have worked for so many years
Its not helping the economy, and it gives employers ability to discriminate by not hiring Americans over. Its anti-Americans as Employers only look for low supressing wages and exploit immigrants
I still believe there are people who care in DHS/USCIS and would take appropriate action as they have family too

Old 01-06-2016, 08:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gaurav77 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by what_if View Post
I was trying to search for my comment and thought I would search for the word "lobby" in the search results to see if our comments are being curated inappropriately. To my surprise, I could see only 2 search results came up with the word "lobby" and this did not include my comment. I don't want to be the person who cried "wolf" but this does not look right.
I did a search for "FBI", nothing shows in the publicly visible comments. Whats going on? They seem to be actively suppressing comments that are pointing to irregularities.

I request IV core's take on this.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BABUG is on a distinguished road
Default Here is what we can do if the comments are not appearing on the comment section

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Everybody from DHS Secretary on down knows what is going on - including the fact that what happened with this regulation is extremely irregular. The chalta hai attitude isn't limited to the Indian bureaucracy.

By far the most powerful use of your time is to repeatedly and mercilessly point out these irregularities, ask embarrassing questions and demand an FBI investigation in your comments to the regulation.

They are legally obligated to answer all reasonable questions raised in the comments. So long as your refrain from using profanity and keep your comments reasonable - they are legally obligated to respond to your questions.

IV has been dealing with these people for almost a decade now - there is a deep institutional memory about where their pressure points are - take it as a matter of faith, these regulatory comments are hitting a nerve. There is a reason a few weeks ago the companies had their chuddis in a twist about too many negative comments on OPT rule.

It wouldn't surprise me if the lobbyist (and the people in DHS we think they essentially bribed with employment offers) are having sleepless nights about where this is headed. All offers of employment that might have been made are in all probably not happening at this time because the optics of it would be so bad - not to mention it might invite an FBI investigation.

If you have already submitted our comments, and have the time and motivation to compose your own - please continue to compose stinging and creative comments, pointing out the irregularities and demanding a FBI probe.

You may submit comments, identified by DHS Docket No. USCIS-2015-0008, by one of the following methods:
Federal eRulemaking Portal: You may submit comments to USCIS by visiting Regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for submitting comments.
Email: You may submit comments directly to USCIS by emailing them to: USCISFRComment@dhs.gov. Please include DHS Docket No. USCIS-2015-0008 in the subject line of the message.
Mail: You may submit comments directly to USCIS by mailing them to: Laura Dawkins, Chief, Regulatory Coordination Division, Office of Policy and Strategy, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529. This mailing address may be used for paper, disk, or CD-ROM submissions. To ensure proper handling, please reference DHS Docket No. USCIS-2015-0008 on your correspondence.
Hand Delivery/Courier: You may submit comments directly to USCIS by hand delivery or courier to: Laura Dawkins, Chief, Regulatory Coordination Division, Office of Policy and Strategy, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529. The contact telephone number is (202) 272-8377. To ensure proper handling, please reference DHS Docket No. USCIS-2015-0008 on your delivery.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gaurav77 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav77 View Post
I did a search for "FBI", nothing shows in the publicly visible comments. Whats going on? They seem to be actively suppressing comments that are pointing to irregularities.

Of course we should not be discouraged by this. We should continue to follow IV's guidelines to fearlessly point out these irregularities and question the process.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mamit1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Folks have been raising valid concerns about duplication comments.

We want to make sure that people short on motivation and time, submit something - so we ask to please submit our comments verbatim at-least once.

Please feel free to customize our comments and submit again - but please make sure you submit ours at-least as often as you submit anything else.

Thank you.

Thanks for the clarification Admin. I have been trying to put as many comments as I can as this seems to me like the moment. I think if we make enough noise someone will hear it and bring it to light. just like the number of comments that were submitted for OPT made some fizzle in the media.

To that end I would also like to ask if its possible for us to have an official Petition on the whitehouse Gove website (https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/) for an inquiry into the rule making process.

Can you also please clarify if we should state the negative aspects of the current regulation and also provide things that are positive such as 60 days grace period for layoffs? or should we only follow the template you have provided of pointing the discrepancies in the rule.

I would like like to ask if we should point out what changes we want in the regulation?

Waiting eagerly for your response and thanks for your leadership.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav77 View Post

They have to consider the comments if the comments are within the rules. The issue is more the number of comments more delay in decision making. DHS asked 3 months extension for OPT extension as they received 50k comments. Whatever the final rule it could go beyond 2016 in the current circumstances. And if opposing comments are more DHS can scrap the regulation itself. If they consider your comments as enhancement then no problem and there is a chance to improve. But if they consider as opposing comment then DHS has authority to scrap the regulation especially if thousands of comments are like that. If one person has the ability to water down this much the same person can delay the regulation by 3 or 4 years(It took over 3 years for H4-EAD). If after 2017 new WH team will take at least 6 months to get hold of the issue unless many of them in the existing team

Old 01-06-2016, 09:33 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of
Default Legal brief against DAPA/DACA hit were it hurts the most

I have suggestion for IV leader we should all the stake holders including administration that we will file legal brief against DAPA/DACA as there is no reason for us to support administration anymore. This will really hit them hard as it would be very difficult for them to argue in court why illegals can get EAD but not legals.

Its been long we are held hostage for comprehensive immigration reform now its our turn. We should also contact Rep Luis Gutiérrez and ask him to force administration to change there stance as we have always helped there cause.

I am nothing against illegal immigrants but at some point we have to play politics as they do and stand for ourselves.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.