Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Initial comments for EAD for I140 Regulation (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3096644-initial-comments-for-ead-for-i140-regulation.html)

Administrator2 01-04-2016 11:29 AM

Initial comments for EAD for I140 Regulation

As promised, here are the suggestion for initial comments on AC21/EAD for I140 regulation.

This is just first set of comments questioning the process of this rule making and the reason why EAD and AP for I140 is not part of this regulation. Our goal is to have an honest process to include EAD and AP for I140 to this regulation. Your active participation will determine if EAD and AP for I140 is included in this regulation.

Here is the link to the documents with suggestion for comments:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wko640hmdc...50008.pdf?dl=0

Here are the steps to submit your comments:
1.) Go to the page for submitting comments for this regulation:
Regulations.gov

2.) Click on 'Choose files' button to upload the PDF file.

3.) Enter you First Name and Last Name.

4.) If you want to provide your contact information then check the box that says "I want to provide my contact information" and enter appropriate information.

5.) Click 'Continue' and then submit your comments.

Thank you,

LogicalImmigrant 01-04-2016 11:37 AM

Thank you.

hil3182 01-04-2016 11:42 AM

Done.

Please submit comments fearlessly. If you do not stand up for yourself - there is no shortage of interests out there willing to exploit and take advantage of you.

sundeepreddym 01-04-2016 11:50 AM

Posted Comments & asking more to do it

Admin - I posted comments. Your Comment Tracking Number: 1k0-8n74-4h66.

Others - It is NOT the time to sit on the side lines and look for messages from other sources who say posting this comment is waste of time/ unwise or some other baloney reasons.

If we don't fight for our desires, no one else will. IV is the only group which is actually on the ground advocating for us. We all WANT the system to behave in 21st century manner. The reality is the system is still old school, boots on the ground is the only PLAY.

hil3182 01-04-2016 11:53 AM

I have received several private messages about the FBI strategy.

People need to understand that the only way we can expect to receive "portable work authorization" is to get the people acting in bad faith - out of the rule making process. The only way to accomplish this is with a huge volume of comments pointing out this irregularity and asking for an FBI investigation.

greenappletx 01-04-2016 11:58 AM

Hi,
It's a good documentation but unless I missed, i don't see asking them to give us EAD +AP , though we are questioning or showing WH/USCIS memo but not asking what we needed, do you think we need to include (give us EAD+AP till GC is received) this as well? Thanks

hil3182 01-04-2016 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenappletx (Post 3594459)
Hi,
It's a good documentation but unless I missed, i don't see asking them to give us EAD +AP , though we are questioning or showing WH/USCIS memo but not asking what we needed, do you think we need to include (give us EAD+AP till GC is received) this as well? Thanks

More technical comments will follow later. We first need to make sure any subsequent comments that we do send in (or anybody else might be sending in) will be considered fairly - something that will not happen with the current dispensation.

LogicalImmigrant 01-04-2016 12:13 PM

Pass this information to your buddies as well and create awareness. Even if there is a 1% hope for changes to the rule after the comments period, let fight for it.

longwait4gc 01-04-2016 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hil3182 (Post 3594458)
I have received several private messages about the FBI strategy.

People need to understand that the only way we can expect to receive "portable work authorization" is to get the people acting in bad faith - out of the rule making process. The only way to accomplish this is with a huge volume of comments pointing out this irregularity and asking for an FBI investigation.

Uploaded the doc: 1k0-8n74-r439

If there are lot of duplicate comments wont they deduplicate them, using software or manually? Should we try to reprhase the document and submit comments?

hil3182 01-04-2016 12:15 PM

Still getting bombed by messages asking mostly the same questions, so let me re-iterate:

1. This is just the first round of comments. More technical comments will follow.
2. If we do not point out irregularities, the very people who watered down the rule will be evaluating comments and no matter how brilliantly you craft your comments, you cannot expect anything positive. The only way we are going to get unrestricted I140-EAD - as the President promised - out of this rule is to expose compromised people in DHS and get them OUT of the rule making process. The most effective way to get them OUT of the rule making process is to ask for the FBI to investigate - very real irregularities that occurred.

It is very important that you please submit these comments as your own.

greenappletx 01-04-2016 12:17 PM

Done, Uploaded and asked my colleagues/friends to do the same. Thanks IV

hil3182 01-04-2016 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longwait4gc (Post 3594462)
Uploaded the doc: 1k0-8n74-r439

If there are lot of duplicate comments wont they deduplicate them, using software or manually? Should we try to reprhase the document and submit comments?

When they de-duplicate the comments, they will read it as 1000's of people asking for an FBI investigation into the process.

greenappletx 01-04-2016 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hil3182 (Post 3594463)
Still getting bombed by messages asking mostly the same questions, so let me re-iterate:

1. This is just the first round of comments. More technical comments will follow.
2. If we do not point out irregularities, the very people who watered down the rule will be evaluating comments and no matter how brilliantly you craft your comments, you cannot expect anything positive. The only way we are going to get unrestricted I140-EAD - as the President promised - out of this rule is to expose compromised people in DHS and get them OUT of the rule making process. The most effective way to get them OUT of the rule making process is to ask for the FBI to investigate - very real irregularities that occurred.

It is very important that you please submit these comments as your own.

Hi Hil,
What was changed between IV meeting with WH immigration team and now? As Vikram Desai and many indicated that EAD+AP is a done deal but why USCIS made a U turn? The employers & lawyers lobby worked very well compared to us? Thanks

bennyd20 01-04-2016 12:54 PM

Done

Your Comment Tracking Number: 1k0-8n75-gkly

Thank you IV team.

abcdgc 01-04-2016 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenappletx (Post 3594466)
Hi Hil,
What was changed between IV meeting with WH immigration team and now? As Vikram Desai and many indicated that EAD+AP is a done deal but why USCIS made a U turn? The employers & lawyers lobby worked very well compared to us? Thanks

Can you not read through the comments? Read again here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wko640hmdc...50008.pdf?dl=0

What has happened is that opponents used unethical and illegal methods. People need to go to jail over this. That is what IV is asking us to highlight. Is that wrong?

If someone used corrupt method to change the regulation, is that the fault of those stuck in the backlogs? Or is that the fault of that corrupt person?