Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2016, 12:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BenCokila is infamous around these parts
Default Attorney and the Mamras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikidisi View Post
I pity this guy. I would love for him to support Fwd.Us and let us know how that went. Better yet I would love for anyone to show evidence of FWd.Us actively working to resolve issues for people stuck in green card backlogs. One more employer backed group that ultimately wants more people on H1-B and OPT. But these idiots won't see through this BS, they are "keyboard warriors" after all.
Hey, I know whom you are taking about. This loser is also a convener of Ron and Greg inspired - "advocacy" organization --- whats the name ? Mamra or Murmura… something of that sort, with the Dirty Bird at its helm. Funny thing is their main agenda was what? EAD for 140. --- on top of their list. Fucking LMAO. I think we lost this regulation because of Ron and the dimwitted Mamras fucking advocacy. You guys know the real story now.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2016, 12:04 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC2022 is infamous around these parts GC2022 is infamous around these parts
Default Fwd.us

I concur, I have written to FWD.US in the past and also recently since the regulation came out. they talk about everything under the sun but donot talk about backlogs.

Here is the situation. Their primary agenda seems to be to help people who went to school in the US to be able to start companies. Well, i went to school in USA. I did not go to an IVY league but i did go to a publicly funded large university. Any one with an ounce of intelligence knows that the easiest way to get me to start a company ( i have been trying to start one for few years) is to let me have portabl work authorization.

What did FWD.us do ? they want more H1b and a startup visa, as if EB laws are not regulated enough?

With a board which has people from Silicon valley and top employers in USA, we cannot accuse them of being dumb, Its not the intelligence, its the intention. they donot have an intention to help people like us.

Fuck them. We have our own fight, lets fight it out.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:19 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Here is what another tool had to say-
this is the worst time to lobby for anything! also, the proposed rule itself is initiated by OMB, u can't lobby OMB....

What an idiot. OMB only publishes the rule. They do not write it. Fool.
And does that mean K street is out of job this entire year because of President election? He should have just checked spending during election years in the past

Old 01-18-2016, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Toadie is on a distinguished road

Hello everybody !
With all due respect, why does this thread exist? We're mocking keyboard warriors by being keyboard warriors? Ironic, aint it? I know, I did the same, but I think our energies should better be converging on something useful. My 2c.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadie View Post
Hello everybody !
With all due respect, why does this thread exist? We're mocking keyboard warriors by being keyboard warriors? Ironic, aint it? I know, I did the same, but I think our energies should better be converging on something useful. My 2c.
this is the difference between anyone else and IV.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 01-18-2016, 06:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
this is the difference between anyone else and IV.
Didn't get you? What is? Your agreement on my post or something I didn't get between the lines (sarcasm?) ?

Old 01-18-2016, 06:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Bootlickers have been pure IV haters probably since the May white house report announcement. Now they are saying IV misled people to think I-140 EAD was coming. Can't have both!

In fact, the same IV haters were somehow convinced by their object of hate (IV) that I-140 EAD was coming and started tweeting the fuck out everybody which is what they are good at.

Meanwhile, not mentioning Siskind memo and other evidence. Shhhhhhh.......

Bootlickers have found someone to blame. As always, it is IV and they do not like the Donation bar.

Must admit they can make good rhetorical speeches to impress and entertain one another!

When will the VB date move anyway?

Old 01-18-2016, 06:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Never mind. Monday blues.

Old 01-18-2016, 07:43 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ravic1900 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up I was blocked at least 10 times on truck-kit

I fully trust IV. I have pledged $30 x 2 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:32 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravic1900 View Post
I fully trust IV. I have pledged $30 x 2 PM.
Thank you. I guess that those guys posting against IV are actually sitting in India paid for it. Only an Indian can write so nasty against Indian when they are paid to do it. No Indian in USA will do that because they know what H1B suffering is.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:44 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC2022 is infamous around these parts GC2022 is infamous around these parts
Default Fwd.us

So couple of days back, I tried to get into a discussion with TOdd the dude who runs FWD.US

Here is how it went down.

Hi Todd, Does @FWD_us have a position on the new regulations for high skilled immigrants ? Regulations.gov

Todd Schulte ‏@TheToddSchulte Jan 13
@ClotDotCo in 140 characters: overall it's another disappointing missed opportunity, especially on mobility and portability

@TheToddSchulte how come I donot see a comment on it from you guys ? Yet ? Is @FWD_us for portability ? If yes, how come they did not ..

@TheToddSchulte .. Mention that in the request for information when DHS requested ideas for reform last year ?

@ClotDotCo fighting for portability, mobility & immigrants rights as follow up to 2014 announcements, including...

Clot ‏@ClotDotCo Jan 13
@TheToddSchulte https://www.dropbox.com/s/3l6q70h3px...S_RFI.pdf?dl=0 … @vikramdesai

Clot ‏@ClotDotCo Jan 13
@TheToddSchulte @vikramdesai BTW - H4 EAD RUle was already finalized by the time this comment was submitted.

@ClotDotCo @vikramdesai not true at all but bath time for kid-back in a bit

Clot ‏@ClotDotCo Jan 14
@TheToddSchulte @vikramdesai what's not true ? It's public information. It's Facts not my imagination.

Todd Schulte
‏@TheToddSchulte
@ClotDotCo @vikramdesai checkout BBI on our site, FB, see blog - tons on all this. Or call me

Clot ‏@ClotDotCo Jan 14
@TheToddSchulte @vikramdesai you can yourself do a search on Regulations.gov you can see the work @FWD_us did. Nothing, zero.

Clot ‏@ClotDotCo Jan 14
@TheToddSchulte @vikramdesai show me one comment, one line, one word - talking about real portability and mobility by @FWD_us

Clot ‏@ClotDotCo Jan 14
@TheToddSchulte @vikramdesai I have seen your blog. I couldn't find nothing. The only place it matters is telling DHS, @FWD_us doesn't do so

Old 01-19-2016, 04:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
serviceseuropean is on a distinguished road
Default What are you going to do in the CANADA?

What are you going to do in the CANADA?

Old 01-21-2016, 06:17 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Here is another from from that dumb person on a forum--

this is the worst time to lobby for anything! don't sell snake oil here dude......we all know the facts...

there is no chance in hell for any immigration reforms before the next president....what do you want to lobby for then? HR213 is dead long ago... LOL

Everyone knows that senate and house are both controlled by republicans and they don't want any immigration bills until a republican president....

Having said that, why would they waste money lobbying now when the political landscape may change completely in a year?

He should read this article

Washington's lobby firms riding high
Washington's top lobby firms are riding high as they enter an election year where the "establishment" is under attack.

Most of K Street’s 20 largest firms by revenue saw their advocacy fees rise in 2015, with some getting an extra boost from the flurry of legislating at the end of the year.
“Our clients are going to want us to work very diligently before the presidential election takes the oxygen out of the room,” said Darrell Conner, a government affairs counselor at K&L Gates. “You have to be very vigilant in order to advise your clients on the way things are developing in 2016 to prepare them for 2017.”
One of the lobby firms that posted big gains last year was Brownstein Farber Hyatt & Schreck, which took in $7.41 million in lobbying fees during the fourth quarter, an increase of 23 percent over the same period last year.

The fourth-quarter total — part of a $25.75 million haul for the year — was enough to propel Brownstein into second place among K Street’s highest-earning firms

“We worked on a couple of those hot issues for clients” in end-of-the-year legislation, said Marc Lampkin, the managing partner of Brownstein’s Washington office. “We get brought in when things are at a critical stage and there are high stakes.”

Brownstein’s lobby shop, which is attached to a law firm, has been lobbying for high-profile clients such as Anthem, which is seeking to merge with Cigna, and Anheuser-Busch In-Bev, which is proposing to join with SABMiller.

Meanwhile, the law and lobby firm Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld continued its rein over K Street, earning more than $39 million last year, a nearly 11 percent increase over 2014.

Akin Gump benefitted from a slate of prominent new hires, most recently bringing on former Sen. Kay Hagan (D-N.C.).

“The structure of our practice — bipartisan in nature, exhaustive in the issues we handle, and fully integrated within the broader firm — has not only proven to be a successful strategy for successfully resolving our clients’ issues, it has also been remarkably effective at helping us recruit top-tier talent to the team,” said Don Pongrace, who leads the firm's public law and policy practice.

For Akin Gump and several other firms that reaped strong earnings in 2015, much of that growth did not come at the end of the year, despite the rush in Congress to pass a tax extenders measure, a highway funding bill and the first overhaul of federal education law since 2002.

BGR Group, for example, took in $17.58 million for all of 2015, an 11 percent increase over the previous year. However, the mostly GOP firm posted less than 1 percent growth in the fourth quarter over the same period in 2014.

Monument Policy Group, a smaller operation, earned 17 percent more than it did in 2014 but only saw a 9 percent increase in the fourth quarter compared to the year before. In 2015, the firm earned $5.43 million in lobbying fees.

The last year “laid the groundwork for Congress being more functional again,” said Rich Gold, the leader of Holland & Knight's public policy and regulation practice group, crediting congressional leadership in both parties for helping bills move. “We now have the ability to get bigger ticket items done, like corporate tax reform, as we look to 2017.”

Smaller lobby firms fared even better than their bigger counterparts last year, with the all-GOP firm CGCN Group earning 33 percent more in 2015 than it did in 2014 — ending the year with $7.7 million in lobbying fees.

Meanwhile, a firm founded by former Rep. Geoff Davis (R-Ky.) and Hunter Bates — the former top staffer to Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) — netted $710,000 in the fourth quarter of 2015, a 48 percent increase from the same period in 2014. Overall, Republic Consulting brought in $2.55 million for the year.

The 2016 elections have set up a shorter legislative year, with Congress’s summer break starting early for the nominating conventions. Lawmakers will rarely be around the Capitol this fall, with most of their time spent on the campaign trail.

Still, new Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) has laid out an aggressive agenda for the year, raising hopes that the first half of 2016 could be productive.

There is a sense on Capitol Hill that Ryan “wants to go to regular order and drive appropriations bills that will move [other] things at a good pace,” said Moses Mercado, a principal at Ogilvy Government Relations.

Ogilvy has been working to grow its ranks and reported a 17 percent boost in revenues for 2015, taking in $10.08 million.

The campaign season also has the potential to create an even more politicized atmosphere on Capitol Hill as candidates push legislative proposals that could help them back home.

“Some of the policy riders could become sticking points as the bills advance throughout the year,” said Conner, of K&L Gates. “There will clearly be policy riders that are intended to highlight the stark differences between Democrats and Republicans.”
Some top lobby firms posted decreased lobbying revenues for 2015, though several cautioned that the numbers reported under the Lobbying Disclosure Act (LDA) are not comprehensive of their business.

Podesta Group, for example, saw its overall lobbying fees fall about 8 percent in 2015 to $23.17 million, but the firm said its public relations shop is picking up the slack.

Meanwhile, Squire Patton Boggs continued its descent in the lobbying rankings. The former No. 1 firm slipped to third place in the fourth quarter, earning $25 million in all of 2015 — a 21 percent decrease from 2014.

However, Dave Schnittger, a senior policy advisor at Squire Patton Boggs, said that other areas of the global law firm have grown exponentially.

“We have seen double-digit growth, for example, in our government oversight and investigations and compliance practices, which now exceed $40 million annually, and we continue to enjoy significant gains in our regulatory and other highly profitable practices as well,” he said in a statement.

Patton Boggs merged with global law firm Squire Sanders in 2014 and lost a slew of top attorneys and lobbyists. Recently, another chunk of its lobbying team departed for the law firm Arnold & Porter.

It still boasts a deep bench of former Capitol Hill professionals, including former Sens. John Breaux (D-La.) and Trent Lott (R-Miss.) and former Reps. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.) and Jim Matheson (D-Utah).

Old 01-21-2016, 07:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gnh is on a distinguished road

As long as Sen Sessions and Grassley are present in the senate, any bill in favor of Indians will be really difficult to get through . Not sure what they have against Indians.

Atleast Grassley may retire soon , Sessions may be ard for a long time to come

Old 01-21-2016, 08:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Let's go home everybody, it is finished. The lawyers have advised the followers to throw in the towel.....

https://twitter.com/cyrusmehta/statu...06729811845120

Khel khatam paisa hajam jakaas!