Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2016, 09:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
messengerofgod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
They want to sign a one year contract for the lobbyist. With the lobbyists you only get what you pay for... they also mentioned that they want to make sure that they have a cushion... I think it is because they want to feel comfortable making that one year commitment.

My guess is if the donations don't come in as projected, the core people will be on the hook to pay for the lobbyist out of pocket for the rest of the one year contract - so they are being careful.
Looks like IV will miss the target amount this month also.

If you are right (and I think you are), the big question is, will the core team risk signing up a lobbyist for a 1 year contract when Donations are so weak?

They put up a target amount they need to function and people aren't stepping up. I think our people are happy being stuck in backlog and playing on forums/Facebook groups
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2016, 09:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

How about giving special status (tags) beneath the id on this forum to people for people who are making donations.

As well a special group only for people making donations, more like a membership, with access to more information, may be some form of updates.

Make it more tangible to people who are signing up, may be a badge that they can wear on!! (kidding)

-> But since I know the agenda and how IV operates, all my above suggestions are silly. But that is what the many attorneys reap on, by providing twitter updates and what not.

Old 03-31-2016, 01:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bob4gc is on a distinguished road

It is so disappointing to see fund raising goal is missed again this month. There were 3000+ people in last IV call, $10 each would have easily met the target. I thought donating is the most easiest thing for the purpose we are working for.

I guess it is not hard to imagine that without contributing or active participation, result don't come by itself.

Old 03-31-2016, 10:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4gc View Post
It is so disappointing to see fund raising goal is missed again this month. There were 3000+ people in last IV call, $10 each would have easily met the target...
I think I can get many of my friends to contribute 10, 15, 20 bucks. But the donations page isn't allowing such small amounts. Is there an alternate way or not put any minimums? That might get more volume and easier to ask people. (Just my humble opinion)

I just checked the donations page http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/co..._donations.php
Minimum is $30 and subscribe for 12 months.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundarpn View Post
I think I can get many of my friends to contribute 10, 15, 20 bucks. But the donations page isn't allowing such small amounts. Is there an alternate way or not put any minimums? That might get more volume and easier to ask people. (Just my humble opinion)

I just checked the donations page http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/co..._donations.php
Minimum is $30 and subscribe for 12 months.
The issue I had with asking people to donate money or infact even make comment on the regulation site was they feel its a waste of their money and time better spent elsewhere. Tangible benefits can drive people to donate their money.

Of the 20 people I asked to write a comment on the REG site, i learnt none did, none so far have contributed a penny. I stopped pushing people, since they started treating me like an Amway seller with a agenda to extract their money and agonize them with a conspiracy theory of the cartel of attorney and corporates. They look at me like a mad man who is way too bothered about a piece of plastic card. I gave up, even if they ask me anything I just reply that I have no frigging clue about what is happening (infact I have no clue, see my other forum thread, to which nobody has cared to respond.)

So if you have donate, else forward mails to your circle and ask them to join the fb page, and twitter to get updates, after that stop doing to avoid being treated like a crazy cuckoo.
My two cents.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Pardon me for the typos and missing words..

The issue I had with asking people to donate money or infact even make a comment on the regulation site was, they feel its a waste of their money and time that is better spent elsewhere. Tangible benefits can drive people to donate their money.

Of the 20 people I asked to write a comment on the REG site, i learnt none did, none so far have contributed a penny. I stopped pushing people a long time back, since they started treating me like an Amway seller with an agenda to extract their money and agonize them with conspiracy theories of the cartel of attorney and corporates. They look at me like a mad man who is way too bothered about a piece of plastic card.

I finally gave up, if they ask me for updates nowadays I just reply that I have no frigging clue about what is happening (infact I have no clue, see my other forum thread, to which nobody has cared to respond.)

So if you have the money and convinced to donate, do it, as well forward mails to your circle and ask them to join the fb page, and twitter to get updates. After that stop doing it again to the same person to avoid being treated like a crazy cuckoo.
That was my two cents...

Old 03-31-2016, 11:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Pardon me for the typos and missing words..

The issue I had with asking people to donate money or infact even make a comment on the regulation site was, they feel its a waste of their money and time that is better spent elsewhere. Tangible benefits can drive people to donate their money.

Of the 20 people I asked to write a comment on the REG site, i learnt none did, none so far have contributed a penny. I stopped pushing people a long time back, since they started treating me like an Amway seller with an agenda to extract their money and agonize them with conspiracy theories of the cartel of attorney and corporates. They look at me like a mad man who is way too bothered about a piece of plastic card.

I finally gave up, if they ask me for updates nowadays I just reply that I have no frigging clue about what is happening (infact I have no clue, see my other forum thread, to which nobody has cared to respond.)

So if you have the money and convinced to donate, do it, as well forward mails to your circle and ask them to join the fb page, and twitter to get updates. After that stop doing it again to the same person to avoid being treated like a crazy cuckoo.
That was my two cents...

Old 03-31-2016, 03:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/25/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2 Cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingcrow View Post

You nailed it my friend. I did the same thing and asked my friends to donate. When they ask me for update or whats going on, I have no clue. Good thing is they understand that it is not in my hands.

My 2 Cents to IV core. Please revisit the way you work. Some times revealing some details will get more people interested and involved. We definitely understand that there are other groups trying to undermine us. But keeping everything secret we are driving legal immigrants to the groups who give frequent updates and tells them why unlimited H1's are good for us or removing country caps is bad for us.

Remember they just gave 25K to a lawyer who wants unlimited H1s and make them wait several decades longer. We can call these skilled immigrants who trust in these groups with several "names" and leave them alone. We can try to fix it. Educate people, engage them and earn their trust.

Phone calls are doing this some of this already. May be more frequent phone calls or twitter campaigns will help.

My last cent. Why not open up 10$ or 20$ contribution per month?

Old 03-31-2016, 04:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longwait4gc View Post

+1. Admins any comment opening that up?

Old 03-31-2016, 08:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-14
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Hanzra is on a distinguished road
Default Same feeling

+1 I have same experience. We need certain kind of campaign to educate more people around us. They are willing to help, what they need is just a little push. Not everyone is same, some have self motivation and others don't.

We can create a social campaign team, I am ready to volunteer.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
You nailed it my friend. I did the same thing and asked my friends to donate. When they ask me for update or whats going on, I have no clue. Good thing is they understand that it is not in my hands.

My 2 Cents to IV core. Please revisit the way you work. Some times revealing some details will get more people interested and involved. We definitely understand that there are other groups trying to undermine us. But keeping everything secret we are driving legal immigrants to the groups who give frequent updates and tells them why unlimited H1's are good for us or removing country caps is bad for us.

Remember they just gave 25K to a lawyer who wants unlimited H1s and make them wait several decades longer. We can call these skilled immigrants who trust in these groups with several "names" and leave them alone. We can try to fix it. Educate people, engage them and earn their trust.

Phone calls are doing this some of this already. May be more frequent phone calls or twitter campaigns will help.

"IV Core" isn't some secret cult that has taken a blood oath or a group of hippies that have a secret handhake that no-one can understand. They are just a group of dedicated and persistent folks with dogged-determination who have, over the years, taken the initiative to solve the problem in their own capacity.

Here is a list of things you can do right now with our without any responses from the "IV Core":

1. Like it was mentioned on the last call, you can use social media (Twitter, Facebook, Blogs etc.) to blast USCIS, DHS, USChamber, Lawyers, AILA, FWD.us etc. and call their bulff. Keep humiliating them in public, talk about the mess with RIN:1615-AC05 and urge them to fix it while continuing to shine a light on the plight of legal immigrants stuck in backlogs. Aman mentioned that although you can pass regulation using social media and make policy that way - it is a good medium to highlight our issues. Shame all the companies that are part of USChamber (Google, MS, HP etc.) - they clearly care about their public image - so make sure you make a loud noise on social media until they fix the regulation.

2. Talk to your local congressman about HR3012, about the mess with RIN:1615-AC05 and highlight your issue. Keep doing this as often as you can until your congressman gives you his\her commitment to take concrete action and not just lip-serve

3. Reach out to media, influential bloggers etc. and get them to talk about these issues. It doesn't always need to be these big names like Fox, MSNBC and network channels - it could be folks who have popular You-Tube channels or freelance bloggers with big followings too.

4. Attend any and all USCIS and DHS public calls on any topic and ask them about the mess with the regulation

5. Keep talking to your friends about this - if you have already given up on convincing your own acquaintances (who are themselves stuck in this mess) then how the heck do you expect "IV Core" to convince these congressmen, politicians, administrators (some of who probably have zero awareness of the issue). Repeating it and making a stronger case with facts is what is going to take - be persistent and DO NOT give up until they donate. Convince them that you're NOT an Amway salesman - if you can't do that then how do you expect folks to convince politicians who have entrenched interests to fix the problem for you?

PS: I have been trying to do many of theses things myself to some level of success. At the very least I get get to vent on Twitter everyday and shame @USCIS, @USChamber and all other companies that they are robbing us of our future.

Good luck to us all!

Old 04-01-2016, 09:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nvik16 is on a distinguished road

I tried getting people to donate for some time now. Most people just don't care. If you are not willing to fight for injustice happening to you. I am not sure what will you stand up and fight for. I mean you are willing to spend 500$ on a bar tab but will not pay 60$ / pm for your freedom, where is the logic in that ?

Old 04-01-2016, 11:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-14
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Hanzra is on a distinguished road
Default Agree with RandomizedPrecision

I agree with everything what RandomizedPrecision mentioned, there are so many things that we can do from our side.

in addition to that we need to bring more people in, more people = more impact.

We need to motivate them to get their participation in Action Items and in donations.

Old 04-01-2016, 11:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/25/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomizedPrecision View Post
"IV Core" isn't some secret cult that has taken a blood oath or a group of hippies that have a secret handhake that no-one can understand. They are just a group of dedicated and persistent folks with dogged-determination who have, over the years, taken the initiative to solve the problem in their own capacity.

Here is a list of things you can do right now with our without any responses from the "IV Core":

1. Like it was mentioned on the last call, you can use social media (Twitter, Facebook, Blogs etc.) to blast USCIS, DHS, USChamber, Lawyers, AILA, FWD.us etc. and call their bulff. Keep humiliating them in public, talk about the mess with RIN:1615-AC05 and urge them to fix it while continuing to shine a light on the plight of legal immigrants stuck in backlogs. Aman mentioned that although you can pass regulation using social media and make policy that way - it is a good medium to highlight our issues. Shame all the companies that are part of USChamber (Google, MS, HP etc.) - they clearly care about their public image - so make sure you make a loud noise on social media until they fix the regulation.

2. Talk to your local congressman about HR3012, about the mess with RIN:1615-AC05 and highlight your issue. Keep doing this as often as you can until your congressman gives you his\her commitment to take concrete action and not just lip-serve

3. Reach out to media, influential bloggers etc. and get them to talk about these issues. It doesn't always need to be these big names like Fox, MSNBC and network channels - it could be folks who have popular You-Tube channels or freelance bloggers with big followings too.

4. Attend any and all USCIS and DHS public calls on any topic and ask them about the mess with the regulation

5. Keep talking to your friends about this - if you have already given up on convincing your own acquaintances (who are themselves stuck in this mess) then how the heck do you expect "IV Core" to convince these congressmen, politicians, administrators (some of who probably have zero awareness of the issue). Repeating it and making a stronger case with facts is what is going to take - be persistent and DO NOT give up until they donate. Convince them that you're NOT an Amway salesman - if you can't do that then how do you expect folks to convince politicians who have entrenched interests to fix the problem for you?

PS: I have been trying to do many of theses things myself to some level of success. At the very least I get get to vent on Twitter everyday and shame @USCIS, @USChamber and all other companies that they are robbing us of our future.

Good luck to us all!
No need to rile up my friend. I appreciate what IV is doing already. I am doing first few points already.
You can take my suggestion or leave it. The moment you ask for money, they will ask questions, I cannot tell them "I cannot share answers with you because we dont want to leak the information to social media". I convinced some of them to contribute once, but I cannot keep going back to them.

It has clear asks:
1. reduce the contribution amount to 10 or 20 per month.
2. Share some updates, may be get people involved. Ask them to come for a state level meeting. Involve them in a Twitter campaign.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iamdeb is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
No need to rile up my friend. I appreciate what IV is doing already. I am doing first few points already.
You can take my suggestion or leave it. The moment you ask for money, they will ask questions, I cannot tell them "I cannot share answers with you because we dont want to leak the information to social media". I convinced some of them to contribute once, but I cannot keep going back to them.

It has clear asks:
1. reduce the contribution amount to 10 or 20 per month.
2. Share some updates, may be get people involved. Ask them to come for a state level meeting. Involve them in a Twitter campaign.
yes the moment i tell my friends about money/donation they start asking about what IV is working on presently and what's the near term goal? it would be good if someone from leadership provide weekly update.