Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #181 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2016, 07:30 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8
triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Radio silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingcrow View Post
Even when nothing really happened, when there were updates from IV, there was hope in the air. But when IV goes silent, the silence is deadening, its almost like 'The winter is coming...'.
Agree with you here. I have monthly recurring contributions setup to IV and whenever I see the charge in my bank statement I come to IV to see whats going on. I admit I am not super active on the GC advocacy. I guess I am like the majority, however I will continute contributing funds.

I am afraid if the radio silence continues the contributions each month will keep declining exponentially. I do not expect a news letter or any detailed status. A simple update every 3 weeks saying hi and keeping peoples expectations realistic would help and keep the funds flowing.

My opinion.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #182 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2016, 01:28 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 10
amerineni is on a distinguished road
Angry No updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by triton View Post
Agree with you here. I have monthly recurring contributions setup to IV and whenever I see the charge in my bank statement I come to IV to see whats going on. I admit I am not super active on the GC advocacy. I guess I am like the majority, however I will contrinute contributing funds.

I am afraid if the radio silence continues the contributions each month will keep declining exponentially. I do not expect a news letter or any detailed status. A simple update every 3 weeks saying hi and keeping peoples expectations realistic would help and keep the funds flowing.

My opinion.
I am also on the same boat. I made onetime contribution of 600 dollars in JAN. After that i am trying to know whats happening. Earlier when i asked for updates, i was asked to check on FB page and all i see there is a meeting happened on Mar 13. I don't know what is the other way to find whats going on if we can't attend those meeting. I am loosing confidence day by day on this process.

I strongly believe that they should always keep the people who made contributions in loop and with the latest updates. Not sure what they are thinking.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #183 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2016, 01:47 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8
triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerineni View Post
I am also on the same boat. I made onetime contribution of 600 dollars in JAN. After that i am trying to know whats happening. Earlier when i asked for updates, i was asked to check on FB page and all i see there is a meeting happened on Mar 13. I don't know what is the other way to find whats going on if we can't attend those meeting. I am loosing confidence day by day on this process.

I strongly believe that they should always keep the people who made contributions in loop and with the latest updates. Not sure what they are thinking.
I encourage you to have monthly contributions to IV. I am sure they have a lot on their plates and a steady supply of funds would definitely help. Don't lose confidence, instead be happy at least there is a group like IV trying to do something. Also when contributing think of it as a donation where you do not expect anything in return. We are not paying IV for a service, we are donating funds to help them.
Regarding updates I think a small 3 sentence hello to the members is not asking for much. It will keep the interest going within the group. I hope IV considers this.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #184 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2016, 06:14 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 379
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy

How do public comments affect the final rule?

If 
the 
rulemaking 
record 
contains persuasive
 new 
data
 or 
policy
 arguments,
 or 
poses
 difficult

questions
 or 
criticisms, 
the 
agency
 may
 decide 
to 
terminate 
the 
rule making.



I guess with all our comments, is this what is going to happen? USCIS closing out on this rule-making. End result we get nothing. Is IV silent because this is what is going to happen?

All doors are closing down. Being an ardent supporter of IV for the last 3.5 yrs, I am really at cross roads today.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #185 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2016, 06:15 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 379
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute
Default

https://www.federalregister.gov/uplo...ng_process.pdf
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #186 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2016, 11:03 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 139
Blog Entries: 1
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingcrow View Post
How do public comments affect the final rule?

If 
the 
rulemaking 
record 
contains persuasive
 new 
data
 or 
policy
 arguments,
 or 
poses
 difficult

questions
 or 
criticisms, 
the 
agency
 may
 decide 
to 
terminate 
the 
rule making.



I guess with all our comments, is this what is going to happen? USCIS closing out on this rule-making. End result we get nothing. Is IV silent because this is what is going to happen?

All doors are closing down. Being an ardent supporter of IV for the last 3.5 yrs, I am really at cross roads today.
I am supporter of IV for many years. First few years I was silent and did not participate. I thought it will all fix by itself. Now I am mad as hell.

IV fought on my behalf. I will not be mad at IV if nothing happens. I will be mad at companies, White House, Obama, Democrats and immigration lawyers.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #187 (permalink)  
Old 04-29-2016, 12:33 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 59
RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingcrow View Post
How do public comments affect the final rule?

If 
the 
rulemaking 
record 
contains persuasive
 new 
data
 or 
policy
 arguments,
 or 
poses
 difficult

questions
 or 
criticisms, 
the 
agency
 may
 decide 
to 
terminate 
the 
rule making.



I guess with all our comments, is this what is going to happen? USCIS closing out on this rule-making. End result we get nothing. Is IV silent because this is what is going to happen?

All doors are closing down. Being an ardent supporter of IV for the last 3.5 yrs, I am really at cross roads today.
Have some faith - we've all waited for years and now seem to be getting antsy within a few months. Keep in mind there are a few things that should work in our favor.

First, There should be a resolution on the rule (one way or the other) before this administration ends. That's a pretty big burden to bear for the Obama administration - one that is especially concerned about their "legacy"

Second, USCIS really has no choice but to grant us EAD and AP (unconditional) because they're defending that they have the rights to grant the same to illegals in the supreme court. So, even if the rule gets watered down - we'd be right to sue and the facts would be on our side to win. So even if the administrative path fails - the legal path should help us win. Granted it will be slower but it will definitely be more certain. We should be able to use the same arguments the government is using to implement DACA/DAPA to make our case.

Finally, it isn't abnormal for the agency to take a few months especially when there are so many comments and if changes have to be made to the rule. They will also have to be answerable before the Oct-Nov Ombudsman conference. So this has to get resolved one way or the other over the next 5 months. A new administrative year will also roll over and it should become much more cleared what USCIS plans to do with their acceptance date - application date nonsense.

Again, I have zero inside info. I'm just trying to piece stuff together here. Keep donating, keep ranting on Twitter,FB etc. against these assholes like (Aila, USChamber and even USCIS\DHS\POTUS etc.) It is important they know we're not happy with what they released. I'm sure IV is having discussions with the administration around this - I'm pretty sure we'll get something better than what they released initially. The only question is how much will they give in vs. what we're willing to accept.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #188 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2016, 06:43 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 68
moon_walker333 is on a distinguished road
Question Problem with Contributions meter?

Yesterday the Contributions/Donations meter was showing an amount around ~ $12000. Today it is showing ~ $3500. Is there a bug in the meter program?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #189 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2016, 10:36 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 379
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_walker333 View Post
I share your feeling buddy. Unfortunately the unexplained long silence from IV Leads is already showing its consequences. Looks like some have pulled out of their recurring donations. It is 9th of May and I see only $1213 of contributions.

I am gonna keep my recurring donations intact. But, I strongly encourage IV Leads to keep the dialogue going for everyone's sake.
Finally the case is behind us, even without a hearing, rofl .

"Regret to inform folks that the judge granted the government's motion to dismiss and closed the Visagate case. P.1"
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #190 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 379
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomizedPrecision View Post
Have some faith - we've all waited for years and now seem to be getting antsy within a few months. Keep in mind there are a few things that should work in our favor.

First, There should be a resolution on the rule (one way or the other) before this administration ends. That's a pretty big burden to bear for the Obama administration - one that is especially concerned about their "legacy"

Second, USCIS really has no choice but to grant us EAD and AP (unconditional) because they're defending that they have the rights to grant the same to illegals in the supreme court. So, even if the rule gets watered down - we'd be right to sue and the facts would be on our side to win. So even if the administrative path fails - the legal path should help us win. Granted it will be slower but it will definitely be more certain. We should be able to use the same arguments the government is using to implement DACA/DAPA to make our case.

Finally, it isn't abnormal for the agency to take a few months especially when there are so many comments and if changes have to be made to the rule. They will also have to be answerable before the Oct-Nov Ombudsman conference. So this has to get resolved one way or the other over the next 5 months. A new administrative year will also roll over and it should become much more cleared what USCIS plans to do with their acceptance date - application date nonsense.

Again, I have zero inside info. I'm just trying to piece stuff together here. Keep donating, keep ranting on Twitter,FB etc. against these assholes like (Aila, USChamber and even USCIS\DHS\POTUS etc.) It is important they know we're not happy with what they released. I'm sure IV is having discussions with the administration around this - I'm pretty sure we'll get something better than what they released initially. The only question is how much will they give in vs. what we're willing to accept.
I don't have hope nor faith. I just don't see a logical path this year, maybe next year.
i140 EAD, I am now fine with what they originally gave, just non-revocable (with conditions) i140 - that is all. If i get that atleast i will be good, i have no clue when my company will go out of business. That is the only thing that can save me for now, i am not interested in seeing the bigger picture.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #191 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2016, 10:46 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Jul-12
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 5
Kups is on a distinguished road
Question Silence is Confidence

Silence is Confidence
Confidence is Silent

I assume IV is following this Mantra
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #192 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2016, 04:37 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 24
student79 is on a distinguished road
Default VB June 2016

India-

EB-2 : 01OCT04
EB-3 : 22SEP04

Have a good weekend guys
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #193 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2016, 05:36 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 379
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by student79 View Post
India-

EB-2 : 01OCT04
EB-3 : 22SEP04

Have a good weekend guys
If anybody in this forum talks about hope and crap, they should have been smoking weed.
But now it looks lovely, EB2 and EB1 separated by barely two weeks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #194 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2016, 07:45 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 11
ng2013 is on a distinguished road
Default EB2 is the new EB3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingcrow View Post
If anybody in this forum talks about hope and crap, they should have been smoking weed.
But now it looks lovely, EB2 and EB1 separated by barely two weeks.
Though I was way down the EB2 queue this new bulletin release has made me lose hope. I don't know if I can wait for 8 years without settling down by not buying house, not deciding where I want to live, not finding a better opportunity for career growth. This is utterly ridiculous .
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #195 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 71
dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng2013 View Post
Though I was way down the EB2 queue this new bulletin release has made me lose hope. I don't know if I can wait for 8 years without settling down by not buying house, not deciding where I want to live, not finding a better opportunity for career growth. This is utterly ridiculous .
You can always buy house. Lot of people on h1 buy houses. Career growth could be tough due to job mobility and new employer has to agree to keep filing H1b and GC.

This new bulletin shows that EB2 is now EB3. Sudden surge in demand of EB2 is probably due to porting which is unknown data. EB3 folks have to do porting if they want GC in this lifetime. There is no end in sight unless there is major reform and that is not going to happen soon.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Simple Action Item for Oct 20 and Oct 21 pappu Action Items for everyone 96 10-24-2011 01:15 AM
EB-3 India ACTION ITEM pani_6 Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 75 12-21-2008 05:39 PM
Action Item: Against EB3 to EB2 porting priority_date2 Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 4 11-03-2008 05:42 PM
EB-3 India ACTION ITEM-New pani_6 Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 7 08-15-2008 12:28 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org