Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2016, 08:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikastaneja is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdowndust View Post
You can always buy house. Lot of people on h1 buy houses. Career growth could be tough due to job mobility and new employer has to agree to keep filing H1b and GC.

This new bulletin shows that EB2 is now EB3. Sudden surge in demand of EB2 is probably due to porting which is unknown data. EB3 folks have to do porting if they want GC in this lifetime. There is no end in sight unless there is major reform and that is not going to happen soon.
I have lost hope in the immigration system here. Even I140EAD is not going to help as my daughter will be aging out for sure.

I will have to find out alternatives like immigrating out from this country to a country where there are fair immigration system...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2016, 09:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ng2013 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdowndust View Post
You can always buy house. Lot of people on h1 buy houses. Career growth could be tough due to job mobility and new employer has to agree to keep filing H1b and GC.

This new bulletin shows that EB2 is now EB3. Sudden surge in demand of EB2 is probably due to porting which is unknown data. EB3 folks have to do porting if they want GC in this lifetime. There is no end in sight unless there is major reform and that is not going to happen soon.
Well my situation is not ideal. Not enough time on H1(living beyond 6 years) , Not living in a city where I would put my roots down. 140-EAD was a ray of hope but that's gone I guess. Retrogressing the EB2 is another major set back. This has been some year for legal immigration ! Looking at the candidates from both parties I must say its not looking good for us.

Old 05-07-2016, 10:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
subbuss is a jewel in the rough subbuss is a jewel in the rough subbuss is a jewel in the rough subbuss is a jewel in the rough

i am one of those who had set up recurring payments, and had just stopped it. anyways, good luck to all.

Old 05-07-2016, 11:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingcrow View Post
If anybody in this forum talks about hope and crap, they should have been smoking weed.
But now it looks lovely, EB2 and EB1 separated by barely two weeks.
It makes no difference to USCIS/DHS and certainly not to AILA/USChamber when u recite ur sob story. These fucks are ruthless assholes that will do everything possible to protect the status quo. So u either stay positive and continue to fight (in whatever way u can) or just get out of this country and control ur future. Staying on the sidelines either ignorant or silently moping doesn't help anyone (including you)

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomizedPrecision View Post
It makes no difference to USCIS/DHS and certainly not to AILA/USChamber when u recite ur sob story. These fucks are ruthless assholes that will do everything possible to protect the status quo. So u either stay positive and continue to fight (in whatever way u can) or just get out of this country and control ur future. Staying on the sidelines either ignorant or silently moping doesn't help anyone (including you)
Friend, the false hope of something will happen has ruined my career. everytime I think of moving, I had stayed back that in the next 6 months I will somehow get ead, this is from year 2013. The CIR, HR.213, Executive order - visa modernization, visa gate, and finally screwed up rule making - have spent a lot of money and time in all these, maybe not as much as the IV Core..

Now you want me to hope for the next round of fight and spend time/money for something that might or might not happen, and again stay waiting indefinitely with the false hope?

The bare reality is, no immigration reform is going to happen in the short or long term for the legals. The reason is the only frigging nationals that have a severely backlogged queue is India, and nobody gives a damn about us.

So since this false hope is completely gone now, I will do what I need to get hold of my future. But simply calling for faith and hope is royal BS, and that when IV core has not asked anyone to, if they had something they would have given some update.

And the reason I expressed my views here is to share with fellow forum members and especially IV core, not that USCIS/DOS will hear me. Not sure what made you think otherway.

Anyway goodbye my friend, I am not coming back to this forum anymore to express my views. All the best to you and others on this forum. Signing off.

Old 05-07-2016, 08:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
palciparum is on a distinguished road

More than 3000 attended conference call but only few donate. Everyone excepts results for FREE. We need lobbyist to help cause. Our community is not united and doesn't wanna spend a dime. How can we except things to happen then?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-08-2016, 01:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute

I personally did feel frustated after seeing the June 16 Bulletin but now I am not frustated any more as I feel that we just have to keep fighting for our rights.

We have to align our mouth, our needs and our purses. We do not have any influence on the democratic election process but we could donate to IV monthly whatever we can.

I do feel continuously frustated that the community does not want to spare a dime on fighting for the Immigration Legislation. Green Card Holders, US Citizens and Legislators of Indian Origin should help their country men too. Look at the Hispanic Origin folks how they all come together.

These are my thoughts tonight. Again I am still a novice trying to understand the whole dynamics and may be misinformed.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:23 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greenvisa is on a distinguished road
Angry Next update only in summer 2017

Whatever the people can pitch their hopes on, I strongly think there won't be any good news for legal immigrants this year.
The hard reality one should accept is Legislative bills before summer 2017 is a dream or miracle. Even if paul Ryan brings in a bill it can't pass senate due to numerous reasons.
The 140-EAD also seems like it is watered down completely as somebody earlier mentioned that the IV can file CASE based on the arguments of the ongoing DACA, DAPA case. The outcome of I140-EAD rule is also largely dependent on that case and any news before the verdict of DACA or DAPA case is highly unlikely for legal immigrants.
The 1140-EAD rule loses either way as Positive judgement on DACA,DAPA will overload USCIS so I140-EAD rule will not see the light. If negative then Obama doesn't have right to provide EAD so DHS will step back with I140-EAD. So logically this year looks discouraging.

This is just my opinion coming out of frustration. Also, I am just trying to derive the outcome based on the circumstances in the political arena and preying to be wrong on this.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moon_walker333 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kichoudh View Post
I personally did feel frustated after seeing the June 16 Bulletin but now I am not frustated any more as I feel that we just have to keep fighting for our rights.

We have to align our mouth, our needs and our purses. We do not have any influence on the democratic election process but we could donate to IV monthly whatever we can.

I do feel continuously frustated that the community does not want to spare a dime on fighting for the Immigration Legislation. Green Card Holders, US Citizens and Legislators of Indian Origin should help their country men too. Look at the Hispanic Origin folks how they all come together.

These are my thoughts tonight. Again I am still a novice trying to understand the whole dynamics and may be misinformed.
I share your feeling buddy. Unfortunately the unexplained long silence from IV Leads is already showing its consequences. Looks like some have pulled out of their recurring donations. It is 9th of May and I see only $1213 of contributions.

I am gonna keep my recurring donations intact. But, I strongly encourage IV Leads to keep the dialogue going for everyone's sake.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute
Default New House Move on H1b lottery including per country move

Just came across this. Not sure if IV is involved.

House lawmakers work to replace the hated H-1B lottery | Computerworld

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Contributions

I think a lot of IV Members or folks in anonymous reading this post are looking for updates and are thinking of contributing or not to IV.

I would like to share with you a few things I have noticed in the US. If some Action Line Item is to be considered important then it is something that is always discussed in the context or subject area. If an action Line Item is not discussed then it is not considered important.

If Legislative changes for action items like Per Country Quota removal for Green Cards, EB2-EB3 Backlogs are to be important in the radar of the legislative leaders then there has to be some organization who has to constantly advocate or lobby for it. To advocate or lobby for the above IV is doing a marvelous job. It is one of the few organizations which has never lost sight of its goal to take the sides of 1 Million People who are Backlogged, In Despair and many in frustation at their plight. From what I see they are in every discussion on immigration and they raise Per Country Quota Removal , EB2 Backlogs and HENCE THESE are ALWAYS CONSIDERED Important.

I have increased my contribution to IV and my commitment is that I will provide that funding to IV till we fix this Unfair Immigration Rules even if I get my GC through the hopeless Visa Bulletins.

If you are a backlogged Immigrant like me I earnestly request to do so too - Lets get the Best of the Breed Thought Leaders, Lobbyists on this to help us through our contributions.

If you are a GC Holder or Citizen please help your Friends and Country Men in this time of Need.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nvedia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think a lot of IV Members or folks in anonymous reading this post are looking for updates and are thinking of contributing or not to IV.

I would like to share with you a few things I have noticed in the US. If some Action Line Item is to be considered important then it is something that is always discussed in the context or subject area. If an action Line Item is not discussed then it is not considered important.

If Legislative changes for action items like Per Country Quota removal for Green Cards, EB2-EB3 Backlogs are to be important in the radar of the legislative leaders then there has to be some organization who has to constantly advocate or lobby for it. To advocate or lobby for the above IV is doing a marvelous job. It is one of the few organizations which has never lost sight of its goal to take the sides of 1 Million People who are Backlogged, In Despair and many in frustation at their plight. From what I see they are in every discussion on immigration and they raise Per Country Quota Removal , EB2 Backlogs and HENCE THESE are ALWAYS CONSIDERED Important.

I have increased my contribution to IV and my commitment is that I will provide that funding to IV till we fix this Unfair Immigration Rules even if I get my GC through the hopeless Visa Bulletins.

If you are a backlogged Immigrant like me I earnestly request to do so too - Lets get the Best of the Breed Thought Leaders, Lobbyists on this to help us through our contributions.

If you are a GC Holder or Citizen please help your Friends and Country Men in this time of Need.

All what you say is fine but the question still remains
Why there are no updates or any news from IV?
Do you think updates once a month is a big deal?
Updates like "no updates from us, but we are working on different things, or its not right time for action or secretly we are doing something etc" is also fine
But no response at all from IV makes everyone insecure on whats going on
Blindly support IV without any communication (I am not saying outcome) for long time is really hard

Old 06-05-2016, 01:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bims_patel is on a distinguished road
Default 2nd that

Agree, there has to be some kind of communication from IV about what is going on. I read a post on FB today from a group fighting for the same cause(I believe) that I-140 EAD is dead as it doesn't benefit almost everyone and that happened due to mostly negative public comments. Does that sound true? I think they should change the rule and come back with a stronger version which would atleast help 50% of the population, if not all.

Removing per country quota for GC, no updates on that as well. I was the only one hopeful among most of my friends lost hope very early. But I am now tired of waiting and waiting for any update on that front, thinking that it will never come to floor for votes.

IV, please share or at least give us a hint if something positive is going to happen in next few months.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bims_patel View Post
Agree, there has to be some kind of communication from IV about what is going on. I read a post on FB today from a group fighting for the same cause(I believe) that I-140 EAD is dead as it doesn't benefit almost everyone and that happened due to mostly negative public comments. Does that sound true? I think they should change the rule and come back with a stronger version which would atleast help 50% of the population, if not all.

Removing per country quota for GC, no updates on that as well. I was the only one hopeful among most of my friends lost hope very early. But I am now tired of waiting and waiting for any update on that front, thinking that it will never come to floor for votes.

IV, please share or at least give us a hint if something positive is going to happen in next few months.
What if IV does not have any update? It is possible that no one knew what is happening in the rule making. After comment period they have to consider each and every comment either by accepting or rejecting those comments. How can anyone expect IV will know what will happen in rule making. Anything can happen in rule making .They can predict or guess. Removal of country quota is by passing bill and even that is not predictable

Old 06-07-2016, 01:18 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thanks Kichoudh, for keeping the faith. We appreciate it much.

Your already seem to understand well, which is why we need your help to explain it to a few others that there are not always things that we can share in the open even though we would want too. If it was for IV, this issue would have been fix 10 years back. But things move slower in the political realm, especially when there are party primaries, elections, presidential politics and other forces that are acting at the same time.

Kichoudh, we need your help to tell this to a few others that we do read some of the absolutely useless speculations that some people post online. Freedom of speech is a good thing. But BS’ing online is not helping anyone. Please tell a few others that we think it is unwise to respond to everything that anyone says online. We have limited time and energy, and we would rather spend that time and energy wisely to push for solution to our issues.

Kichoudh, could you please help tell a few others that they have probably come to the wrong place if they expect us to provide a running commentary of what is going on behind the scene. Giving running commentary on open web will make less people want to talk to us, and such updates will limit our ability to work on our issues effectively. Therefore, for those out there who think that IV is a radio channel that will broadcast non-sense updates, well, you are thinking of lawyer website, not IV. What is the point of BS updates on lawyer’s websites? Have those “updates” done anything for anyone? Or perhaps some people want us to give BS updates every few days, just like lawyer websites do. Sorry that we can’t do that. But those folks wanting BS updates, they are free to visit lawyer websites for all the juicy gossip.

Kichoudh, we also need your help to tell others that real fixes will take some time, longer than a few weeks. And when there will be updates to share, rest assured we will surely share those updates. But then are periods of times when there are a lot of backroom discussions and not as many updates to share. That is how the politics works. That is how things operate in the real world. You already understand this Kichoudh, but could you please ask others to display as much maturity as you do.

Not sure if you have noticed Kichoudh, but some people seem to think and propagate this non-sense that IV is not giving updates so IV is the reason why people are stuck in backlog. It is upon the people stuck in the backlog to use their own mind to see right from wrong. We have no desire to prove that we are sincerely working even when there are no specific updates to share, that is the nature of politics and our issues.

Kichoudh, we need your help to tell others that useless facebooking, tweeting, lawyer worshiping and bs date tracking will not get anyone anything sooner. For real action, get outside of the websites and get into the real world to advocate for real fixes. Here is the link to the guide to utilizing your time wisely to make a difference for yourself -
H.R.213 District Advocacy Guide

Kichoudh, Thanks again for your maturity. I am sure others can get a lot out it too, but of’course, only if they wanted

Last edited by Administrator2; 06-07-2016 at 01:34 AM.

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.