Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #211 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2016, 02:28 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 51
Eadfor I140 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Modernization of Employment-Based Immigration System

Hello,

Do all here believe on their will be justice for Alien Worker? When the word "Alien" itself says the workers are not Welcome.

HR 213 might fix ; but to fix will required motive. Is their Motive to fix Broken Immigration System? Undocumented are on road & has number on their side.
They might get EAD this month. But what about us who just here stuck in white collar slavery .

We don't listen to child unless child cry. A child can understand that. We are grown up & know better.
Modernization of Slavery ( I-140 EAD ) still stuck in a no man land.

After writing to Governor and Senator , their is no progress. Now we are in a situation where we will not able to drive due to H1B delays for months.

What will be the way out of this Deadlock?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #212 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2016, 07:20 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 31
messengerofgod is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eadfor I140 View Post
Hello,

Do all here believe on their will be justice for Alien Worker? When the word "Alien" itself says the workers are not Welcome.

HR 213 might fix ; but to fix will required motive. Is their Motive to fix Broken Immigration System? Undocumented are on road & has number on their side.
They might get EAD this month. But what about us who just here stuck in white collar slavery .

We don't listen to child unless child cry. A child can understand that. We are grown up & know better.
Modernization of Slavery ( I-140 EAD ) still stuck in a no man land.

After writing to Governor and Senator , their is no progress. Now we are in a situation where we will not able to drive due to H1B delays for months.

What will be the way out of this Deadlock?
I agree with you that there will be no justice unless we speak up. As you said, no one listens to a child unless the child cries.

In my view, If nothing is happening, then it simply means that too many of us are complaining to each other on blogs, forums and social media while not enough of us are complaining to the people that really matter - lawmakers.

I also agree with Administrator2, that the only way out of this deadlock is when enough people get frustrated enough to get off the internet and start taking action in the real world. Even though HR.213 seems like it is stuck, it is a great vehicle for us to use to talk about our problems.

If we go and talk about our problems without offering a solution, then lawmakers will just say "tough luck". But IV has worked very hard on a solition that we should use as a vehicle to raise awareness of our problem. If enough of us complain to the people that really matter, and if we show them there is a bipartisan fix that can pass in HR.213, something might actually get done.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #213 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2016, 02:42 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1
Obert is on a distinguished road
Default Keep the faith

Administrator2,

Very timely clarification and one that would set the expectations of folks right too.

People need to show maturity while dealing with a sensitive topic of "legal immigration" during these times when a lot is going on no only on this country but globally. Immigration has become a complex issues for all major economies of the world, more so in the US when the environment is politically charged.

We need to be cognizant of these issues and respect the sensibilities of others, if we want to continue discuss it online. Else, we'd be doing more harm than good to our cause.

While the expectation of getting the updates from IV is understood, the way some of the folks express themselves and even blame IV for current situation is totally unacceptable and uncalled for.

The sensitivity and complexity of the issues involved, demand a mature handling of the subject and patience to wait for things to shape up and not the unnecessary criticism of a group of friends that have been working for the cause, without much of support from the very same folks that will finally get the benefit. IV should at least be morally supported by us. Better, if we can support financially too and best, if we could actively support it by working with them.

Otherwise, it'd serve the interest of such impatient and selfish persons to simply quit here and go visit other sites that they find beneficial to them. It's time these guys stopped BSing the cause that IV has been fighting for.

KEEP THE FAITH!! STAND UNITED!!
WE SHALL OVERCOME!!

Thanks
Obert
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #214 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 59
RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obert View Post
Administrator2,

Very timely clarification and one that would set the expectations of folks right too.

People need to show maturity while dealing with a sensitive topic of "legal immigration" during these times when a lot is going on no only on this country but globally. Immigration has become a complex issues for all major economies of the world, more so in the US when the environment is politically charged.

We need to be cognizant of these issues and respect the sensibilities of others, if we want to continue discuss it online. Else, we'd be doing more harm than good to our cause.

While the expectation of getting the updates from IV is understood, the way some of the folks express themselves and even blame IV for current situation is totally unacceptable and uncalled for.

The sensitivity and complexity of the issues involved, demand a mature handling of the subject and patience to wait for things to shape up and not the unnecessary criticism of a group of friends that have been working for the cause, without much of support from the very same folks that will finally get the benefit. IV should at least be morally supported by us. Better, if we can support financially too and best, if we could actively support it by working with them.

Otherwise, it'd serve the interest of such impatient and selfish persons to simply quit here and go visit other sites that they find beneficial to them. It's time these guys stopped BSing the cause that IV has been fighting for.

KEEP THE FAITH!! STAND UNITED!!
WE SHALL OVERCOME!!

Thanks
Obert
Good that you decided to jump in rather than just staying on the sidelines.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
  #215 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 104
racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Rule making process is slow and lengthy if you hadn't noticed the H4-EAD process. Stop questioning motives of IV and let them continue their mission to help us. There are somethings that can be said in the the open and some behind closed doors since we all know douche anti immigrant groups are watching these forums to find ways to screw us. Keep your cards close to your chest I say.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #216 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2016, 02:31 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1
imslavehere is on a distinguished road
Default 1615–AC05 is going to be published tomorrow in federal register.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-insp...2016-12906.pdf

Page 4
Sequence no 152
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #217 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 51
Eadfor I140 is on a distinguished road
Smile The American Immigration Story

This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody.

There was an important job needed to be done and Eeverybody was asked to do it.

Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.

Anybody could have done it, but nobody did it.

Somebody get angry because it was Everybody’s job.

Everybody thought Anybody would realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it.

IT ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody, when Nobody did it what Anybody could have done. !!!!!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #218 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2016, 08:27 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 118
stuckinline is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eadfor I140 View Post
This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody.

There was an important job needed to be done and Eeverybody was asked to do it.

Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.

Anybody could have done it, but nobody did it.

Somebody get angry because it was Everybody’s job.

Everybody thought Anybody would realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it.

IT ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody, when Nobody did it what Anybody could have done. !!!!!!!!!!
How many Advocacy days have you attended? How many times have you called your Congressman?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #219 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2016, 08:30 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 139
Blog Entries: 1
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eadfor I140 View Post
This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody.

There was an important job needed to be done and Eeverybody was asked to do it.

Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.

Anybody could have done it, but nobody did it.

Somebody get angry because it was Everybody’s job.

Everybody thought Anybody would realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it.

IT ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody, when Nobody did it what Anybody could have done. !!!!!!!!!!

Seriously? If anybody could have done immigration bill, then why did you not say so? And you kept this secret all this time?????

If anybody could have done immigration bill, then why did you not do it already????
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #220 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2016, 02:19 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 51
Eadfor I140 is on a distinguished road
Smile Immigration Awareness Fight

Hello All,

We all the time take about High Skill immigration!. We are serious about it; but undocumented are on road for taking State on ride.

Is their other country in world that America which keep Legal Workers at Bay and pamper undocumented? Lets look are Pro Immigrant state like California. CA DMV does not issue temporary driver license if you are waiting in queue for USCIS bureaucracy.
But they welcome Undocumented. Give them driver license without question. I called up DMV policy guys when I had problem. They said that is their policy.

The fact when analysis is done about the actions tell the truth. We need to analysis what we are doing wrong instead of just that we are taking appropriate actions. The evidence tells the truth.
Hope will keep you alive; but hope is finally hopes. They are not the material truth.

I have no intention of offending anyone; but we are all techie. We are good at keyboard. Why not use it as a way to express our voice? Don't be shame as Key Board Warrior.
This is age of Internet of Things. Lets use Facebook , twitter and other possible social media to voice our concern. We don't have big number like Undocumented on the road; but we do have vision & thought goes along with it.
Lets use social media for our rights !!!!!!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #221 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2016, 02:31 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 31
messengerofgod is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eadfor I140 View Post
Hello All,

We all the time take about High Skill immigration!. We are serious about it; but undocumented are on road for taking State on ride.

Is their other country in world that America which keep Legal Workers at Bay and pamper undocumented? Lets look are Pro Immigrant state like California. CA DMV does not issue temporary driver license if you are waiting in queue for USCIS bureaucracy.
But they welcome Undocumented. Give them driver license without question. I called up DMV policy guys when I had problem. They said that is their policy.

The fact when analysis is done about the actions tell the truth. We need to analysis what we are doing wrong instead of just that we are taking appropriate actions. The evidence tells the truth.
Hope will keep you alive; but hope is finally hopes. They are not the material truth.

I have no intention of offending anyone; but we are all techie. We are good at keyboard. Why not use it as a way to express our voice? Don't be shame as Key Board Warrior.
This is age of Internet of Things. Lets use Facebook , twitter and other possible social media to voice our concern. We don't have big number like Undocumented on the road; but we do have vision & thought goes along with it.
Lets use social media for our rights !!!!!!!!!!!
That absolutely right Eadfor I140. We must stand upstairs for our rights.

We not visit Lawmakers - who not make laws. We keep hope alive by tweeting at one-another and express our voice. We can also post on one-another walls.

But we must never go to lawmakers office to talk about problem - because lawmaker Rakshasa. Rakshasa Lawmakers rape you in the asshole if you dare go to office. So don't take risk of getting raped. Stay home, protect asshole and tweet and facebook.

No shame being keyboard warrior. Myself proud of being keyboard warrior - like you! Keyboard warrior asshole safe from Rakshasa lawmakers. My asshole - virgin asshole - like yours.

We tweet, Facebook and sign petition here
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #222 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2016, 04:11 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 51
Eadfor I140 is on a distinguished road
Default Rule of using Social Networking

Remember that this is a public forum. By adding any data, comment or information, you are assuming that this may be visible to other users of this social network and the Bank.


2.We request that you speak in the first person and that you add value to your comments by providing information and contrasting perspectives. Remember that you are responsible for your contributions and for any possible consequences to your image and reputation. If you have any doubts, it is better to refrain from making a contribution.


3.This space provides a forum for an exchange of views or constructive debate; however it is not the appropriate setting for creating disputes, to discredit other users or third parties, or to lodge complaints or grievances which should be made through the specific channels established by the Bank for that purpose.


4.Treat other users with respect; use appropriate and correct language and act as though you are in the presence of the other person.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #223 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2016, 04:43 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 31
messengerofgod is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eadfor I140 View Post
Remember that this is a public forum. By adding any data, comment or information, you are assuming that this may be visible to other users of this social network and the Bank.


2.We request that you speak in the first person and that you add value to your comments by providing information and contrasting perspectives. Remember that you are responsible for your contributions and for any possible consequences to your image and reputation. If you have any doubts, it is better to refrain from making a contribution.


3.This space provides a forum for an exchange of views or constructive debate; however it is not the appropriate setting for creating disputes, to discredit other users or third parties, or to lodge complaints or grievances which should be made through the specific channels established by the Bank for that purpose.


4.Treat other users with respect; use appropriate and correct language and act as though you are in the presence of the other person.
Sorry If I hurt your feeling Ji. I thought I was being very polite Sir Ji.

Can you please tell me where IV Admins have said that tweetar and farcebook were useful?

Infact Administrator2 said that (s)he wants us to meet our Congressman: http://bit.ly/iv-advocacy-guide

If you take the trouble to look around, there are many posts here on how tweetar, social media and petitions distract from people doing meaningful work.

I bet your one of the "petition masters" - running around from site to site saying "please sign petition" - Am I wrong?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #224 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2016, 07:18 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 51
Eadfor I140 is on a distinguished road
Smile Self-Reckoning

“In the beginning, God created the earth, and he looked upon it in His cosmic loneliness.

And God said, "Let Us make living creatures out of mud, so the mud can see what We have done." And God created every living creature that now moveth, and one was man. Mud as man alone could speak. God leaned close to mud as man sat up, looked around, and spoke. Man blinked. "What is the purpose of all this?" he asked politely.

"Everything must have a purpose?" asked God.

"Certainly," said man.

"Then I leave it to you to think of one for all this," said God.

And He went away.”
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #225 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2016, 11:57 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 57
Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts Ramalingam is infamous around these parts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eadfor I140 View Post
“In the beginning, God created the earth, and he looked upon it in His cosmic loneliness.

And God said, "Let Us make living creatures out of mud, so the mud can see what We have done." And God created every living creature that now moveth, and one was man. Mud as man alone could speak. God leaned close to mud as man sat up, looked around, and spoke. Man blinked. "What is the purpose of all this?" he asked politely.

"Everything must have a purpose?" asked God.

"Certainly," said man.

"Then I leave it to you to think of one for all this," said God.

And He went away.”
The bill to be introduced by Lofgren has the removal of country quota. 6 months to go in the congress.

Draft bill would boost H-1B worker pay for big visa users | Computerworld
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Simple Action Item for Oct 20 and Oct 21 pappu Action Items for everyone 96 10-24-2011 01:15 AM
EB-3 India ACTION ITEM pani_6 Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 75 12-21-2008 05:39 PM
Action Item: Against EB3 to EB2 porting priority_date2 Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 4 11-03-2008 05:42 PM
EB-3 India ACTION ITEM-New pani_6 Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 7 08-15-2008 12:28 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org