Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2016, 12:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
messengerofgod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eadfor I140 View Post
“In the beginning, God created the earth, and he looked upon it in His cosmic loneliness.

And God said, "Let Us make living creatures out of mud, so the mud can see what We have done." And God created every living creature that now moveth, and one was man. Mud as man alone could speak. God leaned close to mud as man sat up, looked around, and spoke. Man blinked. "What is the purpose of all this?" he asked politely.

"Everything must have a purpose?" asked God.

"Certainly," said man.

"Then I leave it to you to think of one for all this," said God.

And He went away.”
Naughty boy. No EAD for you!!!

You do nothing but tweet, email and excuses.

Your purpose is to make your owner rich
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2016, 01:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DCToGC is on a distinguished road

Just thought of sharing this, bill introduce to reduce FB visas and increase EB GCs by 80%

https://riponadvance.com/stories/ric...ompetitiveness

Old 06-11-2016, 02:49 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Eadfor I140 is on a distinguished road
Smile H.R.5398 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)

H.R.5398 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)

50 % increase in Employment based Visa . Another Hope

SEC. 102. Increased limits for certain employment-based visas.

Section 203(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1153(b)) is amended—

(1) in paragraph (3)(B), by striking “10,000” and inserting “15,500”;

(2) in paragraph (4), by striking “5,000” and inserting “7,750”; and

(3) in paragraph (5)(B)(i), by striking “3,000” and inserting “4,650”.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Where did immivoice go? Been more than 3 months since the last call.
Did 140 ead rule making get screwed up with our flood of negative comments.
Come on Immivoice, being low and silent makes no sense.

- 3rd year anniversary of CIR passing in senate soon.
Nothing is going to happen with that atleast for another year or two may be, even for HR213.

- The litigation wound up as expected.

- Flower campaigns just costed us more greenbills.

- All the negative comments on 140 rule, might jeopardize even the basic shit they had in the rule.
This is the last hope now, I am fine with irrevocable 140 enabling h1 extensions without new PERM/140, better than nothing.

ImmiVoice, what are you upto? Admins, does not matter if you have lost, come out and tell its all fucked up. Hiding in the drain is not helping the cause.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tspiv is on a distinguished road

I'm not related to IV. But, isn't it obvious there is nothing much to do at this point (govt. change) other than getting our basics right. Which in my opinion is to visit our local Congressman, and try to gain support for legal immigration.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingcrow View Post

Nothing is going to happen with that atleast for another year or two may be, even for HR213.

- All the negative comments on 140 rule, might jeopardize even the basic shit they had in the rule.
This is the last hope now, I am fine with irrevocable 140 enabling h1 extensions without new PERM/140, better than nothing.

ImmiVoice, what are you upto? Admins, does not matter if you have lost, come out and tell its all fucked up. Hiding in the drain is not helping the cause.
Pipe down - we're all in the same boat. U can always choose to act and talk to your congressman independent of what is going on with IV.

They have published their rule making agenda for the Summer and this rule is in it. So rest assured it is going to come out and get finalized and not likely to be canned.

I attended the call with the USCIS director a few weeks ago and he said that the rule is imminent but would come out sometime after this week. He could not comment on the rule because it is being finalized and I believe IV is not commenting about it for the same reason. Eitherway, even if IV knew something I would not want them to comment on an open forum because we know the fucking vultures are always swarming and can try to sabotage whatever we might get.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
foia is on a distinguished road
Default Advice

Quote:

No offense but what difference will it make to tell you that nothing is gonna happen? You came back just to seek a negative news?

Old 06-16-2016, 10:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I used to think like you - just take what they throw at you and be happy. But that is the wrong attitude.

How can you ask for anything from anyone - if you yourself don't feel like you deserve it?

This negative defeatist attitude is the reason people like Amy Nice time-and-time again think they can hijack legislation and regulation to keep us in indentured servitude - WITH NO CONSEQUNCES.

I think they expected us to be happy with what they threw us and for us to salute them and thank them for their hard work on producing 180 pages of bullshit.

But, this time with IV's leadership, we threw it back in their faces and showed some backbone. We atleast have a fighting chance to get something reasonable out of the regulation.

I guarantee you if this regulation gets thrown out (which I hope it does) or they have to do another regulation for a different reason, they won't try to screw us again like that.

I am very proud of our communities response to that fucking regulation.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by foia View Post
No offense but what difference will it make to tell you that nothing is gonna happen? You came back just to seek a negative news?
Dear Foia,

Couple of things,

a) My post was not to seek negative message, but the 3 months of Immi Voice silence sends me the message the organization has been dissolved, that by itself is negative message from Immivoice. (I had been active here one way or the other from 2012, so i am not a newbie.)

b) Yes even the information "nothing is going to happen" - in specific with i140 rule here is important to many like me here, who are on the edge fearing a layoff still sticking with the company believing the 140 rule will come, so that their i140 will be forged in Titanium and then they can jump. (This is not a story I am spinning of my head, I have two friends who are in this scenario.) For having trusted in immivoice for so long, they atleast deserve an update.

c) As your name suggest, foia is freedom of information act. People need information, whether it is positive or negative. And before you jump on me, I am not here seeking confidential information. All I am seeking is some kind of an update, that will just this message that, Immivoice is still alive. Immivoice is indeed our beacon of hope.

Btw, are you IV core, or were you ever a volunteer or just a free wheel defender of the free world? I don't recognize you.

Though my previous post mind sound harsh, (it became harsher due to the dead silence), indeed I was 1000% more gentle back in 2012 when I first joined.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
I used to think like you - just take what they throw at you and be happy. But that is the wrong attitude.

How can you ask for anything from anyone - if you yourself don't feel like you deserve it?

This negative defeatist attitude is the reason people like Amy Nice time-and-time again think they can hijack legislation and regulation to keep us in indentured servitude - WITH NO CONSEQUNCES.

I think they expected us to be happy with what they threw us and for us to salute them and thank them for their hard work on producing 180 pages of bullshit.

But, this time with IV's leadership, we threw it back in their faces and showed some backbone. We atleast have a fighting chance to get something reasonable out of the regulation.

I guarantee you if this regulation gets thrown out (which I hope it does) or they have to do another regulation for a different reason, they won't try to screw us again like that.

I am very proud of our communities response to that fucking regulation.
Do you know what, you can bark all you want. But when you know you can get it the way you want, you can negotiate and then try to arrive at a compromise. But if the negotiation goes up, and if all is lost, people who had been waiting for long cannot dream about the bigger picture and be happy. If IV was able to negotiate behind the scene for something great or atleast leave it where it was, many people hanging on thin ropes will appreciate that. But if nothing gets done, and everything goes to back status quo for another 2-3 yrs, if you see it for practical reasons, people hanging on ropes are not going to be there when the next set of rule making happens. There is a big picture and then there is this immediate relief. Just like DACA/DAPA which are not permanent solutions, but just temporary relief.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Dear Foia,

Couple of things,

a) My post was not to seek negative message, but the 3 months of Immi Voice silence sends me the message the organization has been dissolved, that by itself is negative message from Immivoice. (I had been active here one way or the other from 2012, so i am not a newbie.)

b) Yes even the information "nothing is going to happen" - in specific with i140 rule here is important to many like me here, who are on the edge fearing a layoff still sticking with the company believing the 140 rule will come, so that their i140 will be forged in Titanium and then they can jump. (This is not a story I am spinning of my head, I have two friends who are in this scenario.) For having trusted in immivoice for so long, they atleast deserve an update.

c) As your name suggest, foia is freedom of information act. People need information, whether it is positive or negative. And before you jump on me, I am not here seeking confidential information. All I am seeking is some kind of an update, that will just this message that, Immivoice is still alive. Immivoice is indeed our beacon of hope.

Btw, are you IV core, or were you ever a volunteer or just a free wheel defender of the free world? I don't recognize you.

Though my previous post mind sound harsh, (it became harsher due to the dead silence), indeed I was 1000% more gentle back in 2012 when I first joined.
Typo:
Though my previous post might sound harsh, (it became harsher due to the dead silence, I was 1000% more gentle back in 2012 when I first joined), I am an ardent supported of immivoice.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
foia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Dear Foia,

Couple of things,

Hey, my response wan't intended to offend you. I saw one of your post that you said you are leaving this forum and the next post is this asking for update. If you see last week or so, Admin2 made a very detailed post as a reply to @KiChoudh, so it is not like they are not responding, just that they might now have something to say as of now. Believe me whatever admin2 is doing is for good for you and me. And I know you are a very much contributing member here, and it doesn't matter who you are I are, we are all in this together.

Sorry if I offended you, but IV is just you and me together, none outsider.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by foia View Post
Hey, my response wan't intended to offend you. I saw one of your post that you said you are leaving this forum and the next post is this asking for update. If you see last week or so, Admin2 made a very detailed post as a reply to @KiChoudh, so it is not like they are not responding, just that they might now have something to say as of now. Believe me whatever admin2 is doing is for good for you and me. And I know you are a very much contributing member here, and it doesn't matter who you are I are, we are all in this together.

Sorry if I offended you, but IV is just you and me together, none outsider.
Thats okay no offense taken. I just explained my stand. Yes I came back after a long time, urged by a scenario, (my friend who had been in US for 10 yrs, will be laid off this month end or next, and he was eagerly waiting for this rule to come up to atleast get the 140 forged).

I missed the update by admin to KiChoudh, thanks for pointing to that, I will read it up.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Do you know what, you can bark all you want. But when you know you can get it the way you want, you can negotiate and then try to arrive at a compromise. But if the negotiation goes up, and if all is lost, people who had been waiting for long cannot dream about the bigger picture and be happy. If IV was able to negotiate behind the scene for something great or atleast leave it where it was, many people hanging on thin ropes will appreciate that. But if nothing gets done, and everything goes to back status quo for another 2-3 yrs, if you see it for practical reasons, people hanging on ropes are not going to be there when the next set of rule making happens. There is a big picture and then there is this immediate relief. Just like DACA/DAPA which are not permanent solutions, but just temporary relief.
What the hell - "Barking"?

Firstly, as RandomizedPrecision said,
  1. The rule is still on the rulemaking agenda.
  2. USCIS director on a call confirmed that the rule was still happening.

I understand you must be under a lot of stress at this time, but IV has to make decisions based on our collective interests as a community.

We were promised EAD - we got table scraps. If those table scraps fix your current problems at this time - it doesn't mean that once your current problems are fixed you won't regret the instant gratification or the rest of us are happy with the peanuts they threw our way.

What we really need and what was promised is full blown EAD. If IV had not pushed back against the regulation we would have had zero chances of them fixing it - atleast now there is a chance that they will - atleast improve it.

There is no evidence IV's push-back caused any delay - but even if IV's push-back caused a delay, I think most of us would we willing to wait a few extra months for them to give us what they promised.

Lastly, maybe you missed Administrator2's post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Thanks Kichoudh, for keeping the faith. We appreciate it much.

Your already seem to understand well, which is why we need your help to explain it to a few others that there are not always things that we can share in the open even though we would want too. If it was for IV, this issue would have been fix 10 years back. But things move slower in the political realm, especially when there are party primaries, elections, presidential politics and other forces that are acting at the same time.

Kichoudh, we need your help to tell this to a few others that we do read some of the absolutely useless speculations that some people post online. Freedom of speech is a good thing. But BS’ing online is not helping anyone. Please tell a few others that we think it is unwise to respond to everything that anyone says online. We have limited time and energy, and we would rather spend that time and energy wisely to push for solution to our issues.

Kichoudh, could you please help tell a few others that they have probably come to the wrong place if they expect us to provide a running commentary of what is going on behind the scene. Giving running commentary on open web will make less people want to talk to us, and such updates will limit our ability to work on our issues effectively. Therefore, for those out there who think that IV is a radio channel that will broadcast non-sense updates, well, you are thinking of lawyer website, not IV. What is the point of BS updates on lawyer’s websites? Have those “updates” done anything for anyone? Or perhaps some people want us to give BS updates every few days, just like lawyer websites do. Sorry that we can’t do that. But those folks wanting BS updates, they are free to visit lawyer websites for all the juicy gossip.

Kichoudh, we also need your help to tell others that real fixes will take some time, longer than a few weeks. And when there will be updates to share, rest assured we will surely share those updates. But then are periods of times when there are a lot of backroom discussions and not as many updates to share. That is how the politics works. That is how things operate in the real world. You already understand this Kichoudh, but could you please ask others to display as much maturity as you do.

Not sure if you have noticed Kichoudh, but some people seem to think and propagate this non-sense that IV is not giving updates so IV is the reason why people are stuck in backlog. It is upon the people stuck in the backlog to use their own mind to see right from wrong. We have no desire to prove that we are sincerely working even when there are no specific updates to share, that is the nature of politics and our issues.

Kichoudh, we need your help to tell others that useless facebooking, tweeting, lawyer worshiping and bs date tracking will not get anyone anything sooner. For real action, get outside of the websites and get into the real world to advocate for real fixes. Here is the link to the guide to utilizing your time wisely to make a difference for yourself -
H.R.213 District Advocacy Guide

Kichoudh, Thanks again for your maturity. I am sure others can get a lot out it too, but of’course, only if they wanted

Old 06-16-2016, 11:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I read through, admin's update after foia pointed out. Thanks.

Its neither about gratification, nor about rejoice in freedom, its just about saving our back that is on fire and all the emotions that go along with it.

As I pointed out, I am not seeking updates on behind the door conversations, or running radio update or anything of that sort. All I was interested in was, if IV is active, and was trying to seek information if my two friends, should wait for this rule for a month more, they don't have several months to leisurely wait. They will be laid off after 10 yrs of working for a company in a couple of weeks.