Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2016, 11:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingcrow View Post
I read through, admin's update after foia pointed out. Thanks.

Its neither about gratification, nor about rejoice in freedom, its just about saving our back that is on fire and all the emotions that go along with it.

As I pointed out, I am not seeking updates on behind the door conversations, or running radio update or anything of that sort. All I was interested in was, if IV is active, and was trying to seek information if my two friends, should wait for this rule for a month more, they don't have several months to leisurely wait. They will be laid off after 10 yrs of working for a company in a couple of weeks.
I am not a lawyer, I am not IV or speaking on behalf of IV, but I would advice your friend to transfer to a new employer and get a 3 year H1-B as soon as possible. He should also negotiate with the future employer to start the process of getting a new I-140 ASAP.

History has shown us that the Administration has been very unreliable negotiating partners (May 4th Announcement, Making dates current/Get your papers ready and now I-140 EAD).

Even if IV did know something, I don't blame them for staying quiet - they are in a tough place. If they shared news, the Administration could backtrack at any time thus screwing IV and everybody that relies on IV.

Imagine if IV has good news which they shared and, your friend stayed at his job based on IV's advice - but in the end, Administration back-tracks -- then your friends future could get ruined.

IV is in a very tough position regarding this regulation. Given how every word that they say is analyzed and over analyzed for hidden meaning - I totally understand why they do not want to say anything.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2016, 11:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
History has shown us that the Administration has been very unreliable negotiating partners (May 4th Announcement, Making dates current/Get your papers ready and now I-140 EAD).
Forgot the the Visa bulletin - which is total contrast to how the Bush Administration handled the same issue.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
foia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingcrow View Post
I read through, admin's update after foia pointed out. Thanks.

Its neither about gratification, nor about rejoice in freedom, its just about saving our back that is on fire and all the emotions that go along with it.

As I pointed out, I am not seeking updates on behind the door conversations, or running radio update or anything of that sort. All I was interested in was, if IV is active, and was trying to seek information if my two friends, should wait for this rule for a month more, they don't have several months to leisurely wait. They will be laid off after 10 yrs of working for a company in a couple of weeks.
As @StuckInLine pointed out, expectations from this admin are remote. In any case, the rule is not gonna be available in a few weeks' time (for your friends' case), They would have to find H1B transfer options and even if rule comes, it would take time to be available for use. So, bext scenario for your friends is to quickly find new sponsor and negotiate with the current employer to at least keep the I-140 active until the H1B transfer is through. All the best to your friends !!!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Monthly Contributions

Friends - Please do not forget to put in the Monthly recurring contributions. Funds are very important for furthering the cause.

In every discussion on Immigration Reform or Rule Making be it R or D, we need call-outs on Green Card Backlogs and the plight of a Million People.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by kichoudh View Post
Friends - Please do not forget to put in the Monthly recurring contributions. Funds are very important for furthering the cause.

In every discussion on Immigration Reform or Rule Making be it R or D, we need call-outs on Green Card Backlogs and the plight of a Million People.
No one gives a shit about doing anything meaningful.

They will join large, useless Facebook groups and lawyers forums to grumble about things that they can't control.

Ask them to visit their Congressman or donate $1/day ($30/month) and everyone will be quiet.

There is one large group of facebook idiots that wanted to start a Twitter campaign at Modi - at Modi!!! The one person whose political fortune depends on the outsourcers business model of keeping us as indentured servants - these brilliant people want him to help . If these idiots had gone visited their Congressman instead, it would have done more to raise awareness for this issue (with someone who can actually help) than all those wasted tweets. Not only that, once they were done visiting their Congressman, these idiots would have been able to pursue other life-goals instead of wasting time on in these Facebook groups.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tspiv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
No one gives a shit about doing anything meaningful.

They will join large, useless Facebook groups and lawyers forums to grumble about things that they can't control.

Ask them to visit their Congressman or donate $1/day ($30/month) and everyone will be quiet.

There is one large group of facebook idiots that wanted to start a Twitter campaign at Modi - at Modi!!! The one person whose political fortune depends on the outsourcers business model of keeping us as indentured servants - these brilliant people want him to help . If these idiots had gone visited their Congressman instead, it would have done more to raise awareness for this issue (with someone who can actually help) than all those wasted tweets. Not only that, once they were done visiting their Congressman, these idiots would have been able to pursue other life-goals instead of wasting time on in these Facebook groups.
I was part of one such FB group for few weeks. It was so depressing to see the level of ignorance running around. I'll not be surprised if few of those folks venture such a path. Like, dear Modi, please help us renounce Indian citizenship, and help us become a USA citizens.

Old 06-24-2016, 04:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Action Item: Monthly goal > June 2016

We knew in the current political atmosphere "Immigration Reform" will be a hot topic for November and next year. The importance of reform has increased by leaps and bounds by the deadlock ruling yesterday.

To make sure that Legal Immigration Reform and Green Cards Backlogs is discussed and added to future bills please continue monthly recurring contributions to Immigration Voice. To make sure Green Card Backlogs is in FOCUS in every discussion and HENCE considered IMPORTANT we need to fight...

Lets contribute and talk about contributions loud and clear in this Thread because this Thread is about "Action Item: Monthly Goal . ... etc"

When you contribute as a backlogged Immigrant please ask your friends and family, community members who are Green Card Holders, Citizens or backlogged Immigrants also to contribute.

We need to learn from the Latino community and how they all come together for their cause.

Please.. Please do contribute.. I have done my part already.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-13
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
LAGUY is on a distinguished road

Friends I agree that only IV forum is not enough.we need to post IV donation goals on the
FB page and also reach out our friends personally for contribution. I started reaching out to my colleagues and friends on this . I am Los Angeles and willing to work with others on this .

Old 07-01-2016, 05:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default July 2016

Indian Community in US has highest Average Income of 100K +.

Please open up your purses for yourself and your community to fight the unfair Immigration Laws. This has to be done in the real world meeting real people more funds will help IV to fight.

An example of how this hurts us us One of my acquaintances had his fathers Demise in India. The daughter could not go to India for last rites because there is a 2 month wait for Visa Stamping right now along with uncertainty of visa rejection.
Who knows it could be you or me next time?

Please setup recurring contributions on IV and post in this Forum indicating that you did so. Please ask Community Members Citizens, GC Holders or backlogged Immigrants also to contribute.

100K + Club members can spend $100 Monthly for our cause either for own self/family or community.

If you look at Latino Community they are not in the 100K + Club but they look out for one another. We should salute them and take a cue.

Old 07-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Vagabond is on a distinguished road
Default Immigration lawyers

Check this video out.. especially last 5 minutes..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFICHjX9HDg

Old 07-08-2016, 07:41 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute triton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Campaign style video

Hi IV,

Would you guys be interested in creating a campaign style video with text highlighting what these people are trying to do and how the EB community is getting fooled by them, prominent lawyers, companies.

I guess this is the proof that will resonate with the masses.

IV could fund the creation of this video and put it up on your facebook page.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prasadjoglekar is on a distinguished road

Just watched the whole video. It's almost a year old; the meeting probably occurred after the October 2015 bulletin was released and before the bulletin was taken back.

Clearly the folks in the room are alarmed by the EAD/AP for I-140 proposals. That said, if it takes ($1000 times 200 companies) = $200,000 to derail the legislation; surely there are 200 folks on this forum who can contribute $1000 (I'm one of them) to stop the derailment.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Monthly Goal Only $3500

The July Monthly Goal shows $3500. It shows that we have done what we do best.. Whenever we have to contribute towards a cause (even it is for our own cause) we take the opposite direction...

Not a Single person has posted with a contribution on this Thread recently. The Thread is "Action Item : Monthly Goal for 2016..."

Read below article how other communities get organized..

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/a...cape-in-texas/

Sorry .. We do deserve to wait 50 years for a Green Card.. by our inaction.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vsound1 is on a distinguished road

I donated 30$ recurring payment for a year.

Thanks IV for your work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kichoudh View Post
The July Monthly Goal shows $3500. It shows that we have done what we do best.. Whenever we have to contribute towards a cause (even it is for our own cause) we take the opposite direction...

Not a Single person has posted with a contribution on this Thread recently. The Thread is "Action Item : Monthly Goal for 2016..."

Read below article how other communities get organized..

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/a...cape-in-texas/

Sorry .. We do deserve to wait 50 years for a Green Card.. by our inaction.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ask your friends!

I asked many of my friends about monthly donations and know that atleast 3 of them signed up around the 1st.