Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2016, 08:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jreddy is on a distinguished road
Default $30 recurring

I did make the donation $30 recurring.
Pls provide the one time donation options for $100 and $200 also. When we ask some of the friends, they can donate easily with the amount they like..
Thanks IV for all your efforts to help all the immigration community!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chhablsa is on a distinguished road
Default $30/Month for 12 months

Started $30/month for 12 months

Trx ID for first Installment: 53K94457HA055112E

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
d.kiran is on a distinguished road

Thanks Hil and Admin2 for the detailed explanation. That was helpful.

I think everyone here understands that we need to spend money to fight this. I understand that the fundraising part takes some time away from the actual work you're doing and I am certain most people would like to pitch in.

I don't think money should be a problem in the EB community. I believe it is mostly apathy and the feeling that it doesn't affect a lot of people.

I'll continue to work on getting people to donate.

To be honest, $25K per month should be peanuts. That's just 2500 people paying $10/month. Out of a million backlogged people, we can't find 2500 people to pay $10 every month?

Can you add $9/month option? Let us try to address this with volumes. I would have the following options
  • $9/month,
  • $19.99/month,
  • $49.99/month,
  • $99.99/month and
  • a free form text box with a minimum of $30 (pre-filled) and no maximum for a one-time donation.

(I sell Cloud subscriptions for a living, there is a reason every single service out there ends with 9 or .99)

Meanwhile, I will see how we can spread the word.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I meant $9.99/month, in case it wasn't obvious.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:04 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.kiran View Post
Thanks Hil and Admin2 for the detailed explanation. That was helpful.

I think everyone here understands that we need to spend money to fight this. I understand that the fundraising part takes some time away from the actual work you're doing and I am certain most people would like to pitch in.

I don't think money should be a problem in the EB community. I believe it is mostly apathy and the feeling that it doesn't affect a lot of people.

I'll continue to work on getting people to donate.

To be honest, $25K per month should be peanuts. That's just 2500 people paying $10/month. Out of a million backlogged people, we can't find 2500 people to pay $10 every month?

Can you add $9/month option? Let us try to address this with volumes. I would have the following options
  • $9/month,
  • $19.99/month,
  • $49.99/month,
  • $99.99/month and
  • a free form text box with a minimum of $30 (pre-filled) and no maximum for a one-time donation.

(I sell Cloud subscriptions for a living, there is a reason every single service out there ends with 9 or .99)

Meanwhile, I will see how we can spread the word.

Sorry that you misunderstand. We don't sell any service. And please come back when you get 2500 people willing to give $10/month coz that is not how the real world works. That is just too much theory and very less practical application.

Or how about this, $10 is not much. How about you make a list of all friend who will give you $10/month. Then go back to them the 2nd month to collect that $10. You will know the strength of your friendship. And these will be the people whom you know.

We are sure you are a fine professional of your field. But you are not the first to wave your credentials and experience to advocate this. Sometime back, someone just kept on hammering us for reducing contribution to $5 and then get 100,000 people to contribute $5. Arithmetically may seem right. But as we said before, that is too much non sense theory and too little application of the practical experience.

We value all suggestions. But you got to know that in last 10 years, we have tried a lot of things when you were not here. And our experience tells us that 9 or 0.99 concepts seem right for Cloud market, but they don't seem to apply to this space. We too speak with experience.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BABUG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I meant $9.99/month, in case it wasn't obvious.
You can send 9.99 * 12 around 120 dollars check to
You can mail your check payable to 'Immigration Voice' to:

Immigration Voice
1177 Branham Lane #321
San Jose, CA 95118

Admin/Hil, Correct me if i am wrong.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough

Please continue doing whatever you can to get folks to pitch in. I am not an "IV insider" but one clear indicator that I am getting is that we need fewer brainstormed ideas and more action. Let the pros (who have been longer at it than most of us here) do the ideation while we focus on the groundwork of getting the job done.

Comment...Donate...Comment some more and somewhere along the way shame all the slackers into doing their part too!

It is embarrassing that we didn't hit the goal on Day 1 - we're at just 35%.. WTF!!

Old 01-13-2016, 12:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABUG View Post
You can send 9.99 * 12 around 120 dollars check to
You can mail your check payable to 'Immigration Voice' to:

Immigration Voice
1177 Branham Lane #321
San Jose, CA 95118

Admin/Hil, Correct me if i am wrong.
I think looking at my profile the Admin knows that I have contributed more than that in the past and have added even more today. Not sure what your problem is.

It's obvious that IV and I disagree on methods of fund rising, so we'll leave it at that. That does not preclude me from helping out in any other way I can

Old 01-13-2016, 12:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
I think looking at my profile the Admin knows that I have contributed more than that in the past and have added even more today. Not sure what your problem is.

It's obvious that IV and I disagree on methods of fund rising, so we'll leave it at that. That does not preclude me from helping out in any other way I can
Dude, I don't have any problem, I passed on the same info earlier to some one else who want to contribute differently than the options provided. Don't get too personal by saying 'YOU'.

Old 01-13-2016, 12:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RmvGC is on a distinguished road
Default Contribution

Made donation today
Subscription Number: S-93137638F6509813E

Thanks for all you help

Old 01-13-2016, 12:15 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You are absolutely right. Just coz we disagree with 1 aspect does not mean we cannot work together. You bring voice of maturity.

Often we see two folks fight with each other on the forum and one of them leave saying bad things about IV even when no one from IV participated in that exchange.

We can disagree on minor things but can still work together for bigger goal in front of us.

Old 01-13-2016, 12:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Dude, I don't have any problem, I passed on the same info earlier to some one else who want to contribute differently than the options provided. Don't get too personal by saying 'YOU'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
You are absolutely right. Just coz we disagree with 1 aspect does not mean we cannot work together. You bring voice of maturity.

Often we see two folks fight with each other on the forum and one of them leave saying bad things about IV even when no one from IV participated in that exchange.

We can disagree on minor things but can still work together for bigger goal in front of us.
Guys, My only point is i don't want any one to say that "I want to contribute 100 $ and i don't have an option", so i posted that option to tell every one that you can contribute to a good cause .

Old 01-13-2016, 12:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
singham is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Contribution

Started $60/month for 12 months

Old 01-13-2016, 12:40 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
Guys, My only point is i don't want any one to say that "I want to contribute 100 $ and i don't have an option", so i posted that option to tell every one that you can contribute to a good cause .
And you are right too and we agree with you. We need your help to spread that message.

Just coz we agree with someone you were debating does not imply that we don't agree with you. Or as if we are siding with the opponent.

The key to the final solution is maturity of each and every one of us. Only then we will deserving of the change we seek. But the good news is that with your help we are on the right track.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Sorry that you misunderstand. We don't sell any service. And please come back when you get 2500 people willing to give $10/month coz that is not how the real world works. That is just too much theory and very less practical application.

Or how about this, $10 is not much. How about you make a list of all friend who will give you $10/month. Then go back to them the 2nd month to collect that $10. You will know the strength of your friendship. And these will be the people whom you know.

We are sure you are a fine professional of your field. But you are not the first to wave your credentials and experience to advocate this. Sometime back, someone just kept on hammering us for reducing contribution to $5 and then get 100,000 people to contribute $5. Arithmetically may seem right. But as we said before, that is too much non sense theory and too little application of the practical experience.

We value all suggestions. But you got to know that in last 10 years, we have tried a lot of things when you were not here. And our experience tells us that 9 or 0.99 concepts seem right for Cloud market, but they don't seem to apply to this space. We too speak with experience.
I was watching the last presidential debate and seen a commercial from NUmbers and these people know how to spread the word and bring in new members at primetime. IV should look into the power of desi channels like Sony, Zee, regional channels etc to reach a wider audience and bring awareness to the entire community of people affected by the green card backlogs. Since we are a non profit organization, maybe the people running those channels can advertise us for free or at some steep discount. Certainly a quick way to increase members and funding for our cause if this can be worked out.