Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2016, 09:15 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Action Item: Monthly goal for Jan 2016

Dear Members,

As we discussed in our public conference call last week, we need funds to hire lobbyist carry out more aggressive lobbying along with our grassroots efforts.

We need your help in reaching our goals. Please sign up for monthly contributions if you have not done it already and encourage others do the same.

We now have a graph showing our monthly goal and current status via donations.ImmigrationVoice.org or by clicking here.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by The Alchemist; 01-12-2016 at 10:08 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2016, 09:16 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Post Time to put your money where your mouth is!

Dear Friends,

You may already be aware that DHS has released the much awaited “EAD for I140 regulation”. On November 20, 2014, President Obama’s Executive Action on Immigration announced this fix as “Portable Work Authorization”. But the name of this proposed regulation is now “Retention of EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 Immigrant Workers and Program Improvements Affecting Highly-Skilled Nonimmigrant Workers”. This just sums up that the focus and purpose of this fix has shifted from “Portable Work Authorization” to “Retention of EB immigrants”.

We believe that immigration status is not an “employee retention tool”. It’s an outrage for anyone to suggest that immigration status be allowed as “employee retention tool”.

There is a special interest (of immigration lawyers and companies) that lobby to keep the status quo to make sure that immigrant employees cannot change jobs, so companies can control & exploit immigrant workers, and, discriminate against Americans. This is the dirty truth about skilled immigration that we know all too well living in the trenches.

Although fix for Employment Based backlogs has to come from Congress, Obama Administration recognized the severity of the issue in 2014 and agreed to do Administrative fixes to grant “Portable Work Authorization” and “Temporary status permission to travel abroad with advance permission (parole)”. However, this proposed regulation has not lived up to its promise. If this proposed regulation is not fixed before the final rule comes out, the system will choke our future and the future of our families.

This proposed regulation formalizes some existing procedures like keeping your priority date when changing employers - while watering down the primary “I-140 EAD” provision to the point where only handful of people with “compelling circumstances” can avail of it. With our recent discussions with the Administration, we think that there might be a way to fix this god damn awful proposed regulation.

But we need your help to fix this proposed regulation. We need you to please step up to do your share so we all would be deserving of a change we aspire for. Going forward Immigration Voice is planning on actively engaging a lobbyist to help us create awareness.

We need your help with:
  • Be ready to speak up against this proposed regulation to demand certain fair changes so the final regulation reflects “Portable Work Authorization” and “temporary status permission to travel abroad with advance permission (parole)”. In coming days we will provide suggestions for comments to the proposed regulation.
  • Contribute to the community effort so we can hire a professional lobbyist. For this, we estimate a budget of twenty-one thousand dollars a month ($21,000/month). Our live donations tracker now reflects how close we are to our monthly goal. We ask you to start a recurring monthly donation to help us in this fight.
There is only one way to fix this issue, by actively engaging to create awareness for the fix. Rest assured, no system can fix by itself unless people undergoing certain unfair treatment decide to speak up and do their fair share. Also, rest assured that special interest (of immigration lawyers and companies) will do everything to deny you the right to live free. And it is upon us to join hands and speak up in one voice to create awareness against this injustice to demand fairness.

Thank You!
Immigration Voice

Last edited by The Alchemist; 01-17-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bracelet80 is on a distinguished road

Thanks.

So what is outcome of the meeting with WhiteHouse ? Can we expect any change in current text of the rule ?

Old 01-12-2016, 10:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
d.kiran is on a distinguished road

Would it be possible to change the landing page to be friendly to a newbie?

I am trying to print flyers and put it in different places and want to direct them to the website.

But for someone who lands on the website, it doesn't explain anything much and we all know how much handholding most folks need.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vat69 is on a distinguished road

Enrolled in recurring payments for 1 year. Transaction ID : 1B121403XD2361833.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ragunath has much to be proud of ragunath has much to be proud of ragunath has much to be proud of ragunath has much to be proud of ragunath has much to be proud of ragunath has much to be proud of ragunath has much to be proud of ragunath has much to be proud of ragunath has much to be proud of

Enrolled in recurring payments for 1 year.

Subscription Number: S-9RA39912BF991164S

Old 01-12-2016, 11:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
palciparum is on a distinguished road

Immigration Voice is a national non-profit organization (501 (c) (4)) working to alleviate the problems faced by legal high-skilled future Americans in the United States. We petition the legislative and executive branches of the US Federal government to find solutions to high-skilled green card backlogs..

Forward it your friends and family and encourage them to donate to help backlogged Indians get Green Card

Action Item: Monthly goal for Jan 2016 - Immigration Voice (Action Item: Monthly goal for Jan 2016)

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/co..._donations.php

One can text/tweet/email.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:24 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC2022 is infamous around these parts GC2022 is infamous around these parts
Default How did you guys get a transaction number?

I have setup a recurring payment of 100 bucks a month via paypal but i dont think i recieved any number? How so ?

Old 01-12-2016, 11:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC2022 View Post
I have setup a recurring payment of 100 bucks a month via paypal but i dont think i recieved any number? How so ?
Check your receipt email from PayPal. If your transaction has gone through there will be a receipt number.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prasadjoglekar is on a distinguished road

$25/Month: S-0W717500HN7026725
$60/Month: S-5GA78210TC130203W

Old 01-12-2016, 11:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Thanks IV for being open in asking for contributions for the purpose of renewing lobbyist’s engagement. And thanks to those who are contributing and those we are considering.

I must say the contributions so far look pathetic given the number of people who attend IV calls! If all or most of the 1000+ people from the call would do their share and contribute whatever little they can, we would be in good shape.

Here is an old post which inspired me in early 2015 to start my recurring contribution:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
Thank you for your appreciation and understanding my points.

Taking the post further I feel most of us do not really know whom we should blame for the long wait time of greencard. Some of us blame government, some blame lawyers, some companies , some people blame laws, some people other ethinic group for coming in huge number and some narrow minded even talk about blaming visa carryover rule change, some blame some organization etc. While I agree there are big sharks out there like companies that take advantage, lawyers that file slow for employers so that employee stays longer, websites that see a threat if their traffic gets greencard and thus will not be able to make money from advertising when people track cases, businesses that own such websites to sell their products that are fishy and so on.

People fail to understand the real reason for their sorrow and how they can overcome it. IN a capitalist economy where everything is driven by business interest, and democracy allows legal ways of lobbying, lobbying is the only way for us. We do not own multi million industries. But we can certainly have an organization , pool lot of money and spend on lobbying. This is one and only one option left for us. For that we will need constant flow of money because lobbying takes time to show results. Fortunately there is immigrationvoice.org to do that but legal immigrants are not woken up yet to this side of American democracy.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Thanks IV for being open in asking for contributions for the purpose of renewing lobbyist’s engagement. And thanks to those who are contributing and those we are considering.

I must say the contributions so far look pathetic given the number of people who attend IV calls! If all or most of the 1000+ people from the call would do their share and contribute whatever little they can, we would be in good shape.

Here is an old post which inspired me in early 2015 to start my recurring contribution:
My guess is, the word is not reaching many people. IV forum has become less active/interactive, while is gaining the weight.

We need a other channels to get the word out. Just IV forum is not enough.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:58 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC2022 is infamous around these parts GC2022 is infamous around these parts
Default Thanks

I do find it. Paypal sends me many emails. hence moved it to spam.

But i got it here.

S-16V87397S8385831M

Old 01-12-2016, 12:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Just signed up for another $30/month [S-1MF23188CA311660J] in addition to my ongoing $100/month [S-39R79170DJ726690J] subscription.

I noticed the donation graphic was pretty cool - it does update in realtime - it picked up my $30 as soon as I refreshed the page after the confirmation was complete.

I view my donation as an oppressive "tax" on me that I have to pay in order to live with myself - because if I don't do everything I can to fight back against this shitty system - I might as well just go home.

Ever since I became active with IV, around 2 years ago, it was clear to me that the companies and lawyers want to keep us as indentured servants for most of what remains of our natural lives. What has changed is it has become obvious to me that if we don't start spending money proactively and intelligently, we are just inviting companies to fuck our initiatives again and again regardless of how hard we work.

During the last call, we spoke about the transportation bill. To recap the conversation, we proposed raising the Employment Based Green Card fee by $1000 and add HR.213 to the transportation bill. This would have raised 1.4 billion in 10 years to pay for the roads and also get HR.213 done. To me and many of the staffers we spoke to about this - it was a no-brainer. The bill is enormously popular - it passed 389-15 in the 112th Congress and it would have raised desperately needed money to pay for transportation - money that the Republican's were desperate for because they don't want to raise taxes. But ultimately, it didn't get done. I am convinced, if we had hired the right lobbying firm with the right relationship at a strategic time, this would have been a done deal.

We are doing all the important ground work at the grass-roots, we are doing our part in raising awareness - everyone knows about us and our issues - but something very specific and obvious is holding us back - we are not spending money.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 01-12-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Old 01-12-2016, 01:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amit.vasp is on a distinguished road

Initiated 30$ for 12 month contribution.
Will forward it to my friends as well.