Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2016, 05:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Taking a cue from your $60 metaphor, we couldn't even raise our $21K target in February. I guess a lot of folks paid one time in January.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengs View Post
Taking a cue from your $60 metaphor, we couldn't even raise our $21K target in February. I guess a lot of folks paid one time in January.
Taking cue from his/her post with filmy dialogues, I was reminded of Nana Patekar or Sunny Deol.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
HumHongeKaamyaab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Taking cue from his/her post with filmy dialogues, I was reminded of Nana Patekar or Sunny Deol.
Lol...I stopped short of writing "We need a dhai kilo ka haath to fall on DHS's jaw"...there I did it now.

Seriously though, the issue is because we are so divided and I hope there is never a time where my comments don't sound 'filmy' anymore.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumHongeKaamyaab View Post
Lol...I stopped short of writing "We need a dhai kilo ka haath to fall on DHS's jaw"...there I did it now.

Seriously though, the issue is because we are so divided and I hope there is never a time where my comments don't sound 'filmy' anymore.
Good one. You should also say every month "tarikh pe tarikh" (from movie Damini) when they release VB every month.

Here is my filmy dialogue: I hope again that after reading IV comments and comparing with BS comments from the so-called stake holders, more people would see that only immigrants must advocate for their issues and not the damn lawyers or companies. Because if they really cared about giving immigrants their free mobility and fairness in the market, they would have done it by now.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:41 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Eadfor I140 is on a distinguished road

[*]If DHS is keeping the labor certification valid - how are are they doing it? IV is saying (and I agree) that the only way to do it is by interpreting the statue through AC-21, which if they are doing then why are they not providing job flexibility?

DHS in breach of fiduciary duty. Good catch.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:43 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Eadfor I140 is on a distinguished road

Did anyone look at the STEM rule publish

https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-insp...2016-04828.pdf

DHS take infmation publish from trusted sources when they do rule making.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
messengerofgod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eadfor I140 View Post
[*]If DHS is keeping the labor certification valid - how are are they doing it? IV is saying (and I agree) that the only way to do it is by interpreting the statue through AC-21, which if they are doing then why are they not providing job flexibility?

DHS in breach of fiduciary duty. Good catch.
There are so many other inconsistencies in the regulation that IV has pointed out. I strongly recommend everyone read the submission from first page to last page for themselves - it becomes pretty obvious how companies and lawyers have twisted the law to suit their interests.

But you can only twist the law so much before the twists become very obvious or something breaks.

Old 03-03-2016, 03:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikastaneja is on a distinguished road

When I search regulations.gov using the IV's comments tracking number, I am still getting: "This comment was received in Regulations.gov but is not yet posted. Please contact the agency directly for more information."
Looks like their intention is not right...

Old 03-03-2016, 10:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

It usually takes 72hrs. Should be published today.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of
Default Newsletter published

FYI: We sent out a newsletter this morning. If you aren't on the mailing list, I suggest signing up for the newsletter - the link is in my signature.

Dear Friend,

As you know the commenting period for the new regulation ended this Monday. Immigration Voice prepared and submitted a detailed comment opposing this regulation along with suggestions on how to fix the regulation. We would like to thank those of you that participated in our last action item by posting comments supportive of our submission. The document is now available for you to view at this link.

We believe this comment will go a long way towards bringing this regulation closer to the law. We also think that the glaring issues in the regulation that our comment highlights, vividly demonstrates how a deep pocketed syndicate of employers and unethical immigration lawyers have influenced the interpretation of the law - to line their pockets and keep you as their indentured servant.

Last month we fell short in our fundraising goals by around 12%. In order to fight against these corrupt interests we need to be disciplined about meeting our fundraising goals - every single month. If you havenít already, we ask you to please sign up for a recurring contribution here.

Thank you,
IV Core Team
Immigration Voice

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 03-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Also, happy to see that most people find our submission pretty self-explanatory and there are no unanswered questions.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Limmig is on a distinguished road

Signed up for a recurring donation.
Thank you for the great work, IV!

Old 03-03-2016, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/25/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great job guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Also, happy to see that most people find our submission pretty self-explanatory and there are no unanswered questions.
Awesome comments.
For my understanding, how does the comment review process work?
Do we know if the same person who wrote/diluted the rule will be reviewing the comments? Will there be a set of people who review and debate on them and send their recommendations.

Old 03-03-2016, 03:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by longwait4gc View Post
Awesome comments.
For my understanding, how does the comment review process work?
Do we know if the same person who wrote/diluted the rule will be reviewing the comments? Will there be a set of people who review and debate on them and send their recommendations.
My understanding of the comment review process is limited to the initial review.

I do know that lower level people separate out the comments into substantive/non-substantive/positive/negative categories for statistical purposes and further review.

After that, I have no idea what happens to the comments - there are others in IV who know, but I personally do not. I do get your point though - it would be helpful to get that top Immigration Lobbyist from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce out of rule-making process.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 03-03-2016 at 03:24 PM.

Old 03-03-2016, 03:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
d.kiran is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
it would be helpful to get that top Immigration Lobbyist from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce out of rule-making process.
Anything we can do to help? Apart from the donations, of course.