Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2016, 04:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.kiran View Post
Anything we can do to help? Apart from the donations, of course.
We will be sure to let you know if there is something more that you can do to help us with that particular problem .

That said, I know this is going to sound kinda lame, but there is something everyone should have done at-least once and that is to go talk to their Congressman's office about HR.213.

While there might be all sorts of arguments about if HR.213 will move or not move - that kind of talk isn't really relevant. The core issue is educating Congress about our issues. Congressman aren't mind-readers, they cannot know these issues if we don't talk to them about it.

If we don't do it then Immigration Lawyers and Companies will tell them about all the great companies H1-B's have started (which is a complete fucking lie because you typically need a Green Card to this) and use our stories to ask for more H1-B and the backlog will get worse.

The cumulative effect of that education could be HR.213 moving, HR.213 getting included in some other high-skilled bill or HR.213 being added as a sweeter to something else - like say an education bill. The more support it has, the easier it will be for our DC people to push for per-country cap removal - one way or the other.

So if you, or anyone reading this hasn't already spoken to their Rep about HR.213, please please please bite the bullet and just do this. Look at it as unclogging your toilet - just something you have to do. I know it isn't fun or sexy like the E.O., but in the long term it is much more valuable. Ultimately, the EO is just a temporary patch that was supposed to make our lives more tolerable - while waiting for the real thing i.e. Green Cards.

We need to stay focused on the real goal. We have prepared a handy self-contained guide on how to do this. Using the techniques outlined in the guide, we have accumulated 67 co-sponsors - your job is to show-up and say "These are my problemns, so and so from your party/state has already co-sponsored so please co-sponsor".

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 03-03-2016 at 04:36 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moon_walker333 is on a distinguished road
Default Question

IV Leads,

First, thanks and hats off to you guys. You have done another outstanding work in coming up with the technical comments. I am sure every one of us can connect with the stories shared in them.

Question - You guys have already done amazing amount of study and come up with these technical comments, which raises all right questions and exposes DHS/other authorities' misinterpretation of the Immigration Laws of USA. Why not also share this with media outlets to spread the awareness and make this a "compelling" reason for DHS/USCIS to correct this watered down rule???

Old 03-03-2016, 07:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_walker333 View Post
IV Leads,

First, thanks and hats off to you guys. You have done another outstanding work in coming up with the technical comments. I am sure every one of us can connect with the stories shared in them.

Question - You guys have already done amazing amount of study and come up with these technical comments, which raises all right questions and exposes DHS/other authorities' misinterpretation of the Immigration Laws of USA. Why not also share this with media outlets to spread the awareness and make this a "compelling" reason for DHS/USCIS to correct this watered down rule???
This is in process.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Showri has a spectacular aura about Showri has a spectacular aura about

IV, Thanks for the hard work and excellent comments. Just a couple of questions.
To your knowledge, has it ever happened that in a rule making process, Admin ever made significant changes to the rule (almost 180 degree turn in this case as we expect) based on comments?
And now that comment period is over, are you planning to reveal any thing about the white house meeting at all?

Old 03-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all
Default Trump's immigration stance and I am sick of one thing!!

Whether Trump does bad or good, the immigration stance he has put up has taken a toll on many minds. I would not have cared much on that but was sad that kids have started to discuss.

My son is just 7 years old and it happened that his class mates are discussing that "if Mr.Trump becomes president, he will send us away for 8 years".

Not sure what context the kids that spoke or what they understood, but its learnt that their parents were discussing and hence the information has seeped over to the kids. Its so sad to note that kids brains get adulterated with such information.

I told my son to keep away from such discussions.

With our own H1B cases are at limbo given these long agonizing wait and unknown future, its possible with these contextual discussions, that he will start asking me about my visa status etc

Damn the chains!!

Old 03-03-2016, 10:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all
Default Aman's speech in the CIS ombudsman's conference in nov 2015

What a whip he played!! Man. I salute you for raising your voice for our rights.

I could see one of the players in the stage, laughing out when you spoke out. That is the crazy heights of sarcasm.

EAD for I140 Rule - Public Commenting for 60 Days - Updates

When Aman asked if there would be an "compelling" circumstance would still be added into the EAD provision as a condition, one of the persons in stage told us to wait for the actual rule to be published, yet it was the same.

I wish they do review IV's comments and do positive changes to the proposed rule.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default My note updated!

Forgot to mention that in this link I gave below, there is a video in the bottom portion where Aman kapoor's questions in the conference is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish2005 View Post
What a whip he played!! Man. I salute you for raising your voice for our rights.

I could see one of the players in the stage, laughing out when you spoke out. That is the crazy heights of sarcasm.

When Aman asked if there would be an "compelling" circumstance would still be added into the EAD provision as a condition, one of the persons in stage told us to wait for the actual rule to be published, yet it was the same.

I wish they do review IV's comments and do positive changes to the proposed rule.

Old 03-04-2016, 12:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
messengerofgod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish2005 View Post

That fellow telling IV to to wait for the rule and submit comments is Kevin Cummings. I don't know if anyone noticed, but IV's comments are addressed to Kevin Cummings and not Laura Dawkins like all the other comments from the lawyers.

I like to think this is IV's reply to Kevin

Old 03-04-2016, 11:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Doesn't look like we raised much yesterday and will miss our target again this month.

Really quite shameful that people won't donate $1/day to support the only people fighting for them.

A re-occurring theme I have found working with IV is, we are going to get the change we deserve - we keep telling ourselves that when we sacrifice time with family and opportunity to make more money to work on IV's agenda. I guess we deserve to be stuck in the backlog with the Chamber of Commerce's of the world shamelessly doing their best to sabotage our efforts.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 03-04-2016 at 11:25 AM.

Old 03-04-2016, 11:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-14
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
thankstooptx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Doesn't look like we raised much yesterday and will miss our target again this month.

Really quite shameful that people won't donate $1/day to support the only people fighting for them.

A re-occurring theme I have found working with IV is, we are going to get the change we deserve - we keep telling ourselves that when we sacrifice time with family and opportunity to make more money to work on IV's agenda. I guess we deserve to be stuck in the backlog with the Chamber of Commerce's of the world shamelessly doing their best to sabotage our efforts.
I subscribed for 12 months (S-44335676H8630250U). Can you tell us how you came up with the 21k number? Can you share any expense/spending reports may be that will show people where the money is going and importance of contributing for the cause.

Old 03-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankstooptx View Post
Can you tell us how you came up with the 21k number? Can you share any expense/spending reports may be that will show people where the money is going and importance of contributing for the cause.
It is an estimate of how much we need to improve the way we do things - one example is we want to hire a lobbyist.

In our view, if we keep operating like this the Chamber of Commerce's of this world will keep on sabotaging our efforts. We think, I-140 EAD was a done deal until this Chamber of Commerce lobbyist sabotaged it - we are in damage control mode now.

Also, as an organization, operating on a shoe string is getting old. Not only is it getting old, but as the I-140 EAD fiasco has shown us - it is hurting on on the ground. We are in a mode where a few dedicated volunteers are spending 1000's of dollars out of their own pockets to get things done, while everyone else either sits by passively or bash's us for our efforts. We have been operating in this mode for a few years because we have viewed raising money as being a pain in the ass. Everyone get's suspicious as soon as they donate their $30/month, starts demanding receipts and dealing with that aggravation is a pain in the ass.

Regarding accountability, the IRS reviews our expenses and receipts every year, if you think me or anyone else is going to break the law and risk everything you are completely nuts. Because we pick fights with powerful interests we constantly operate as-if everything is being audited.

You can google on the web and find our tax filings (form 990 IIRC). One thing that stood out to me last I checked, was every single year, $0.00 is spent on salaries.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 03-04-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Old 03-04-2016, 01:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
messengerofgod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I subscribed for 12 months (S-44335676H8630250U). Can you tell us how you came up with the 21k number? Can you share any expense/spending reports may be that will show people where the money is going and importance of contributing for the cause.
When you donate money to your local mandir or masjid, do you go around the place demanding receipts? Why are you holding IV to a different standard and asking IV for receipts?

Not only that, no God is working on digging you out of this mess, like IV is. You mandir or masjid is probably infinitely more corrupt than IV.

There isn't a single non-profit in the world that will meet your standards. They are taking $0.00 a month for all the work they are doing.

Old 03-04-2016, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-14
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
It is an estimate of how much we need to improve the way we do things - one example is we want to hire a lobbyist.

In our view, if we keep operating like this the Chamber of Commerce's of this world will keep on sabotaging our efforts. In our view, I-140 EAD was a done deal until this Chamber of Commerce lobbyist sabotaged it - we are in damage control mode now.

Also, as an organization, operating on a shoe string is getting old. Not only is it getting old, but as the I-140 EAD fiasco has shown us - it is hurting on on the ground. We are in a mode where a few dedicated volunteers are spending 1000's of dollars out of their own pockets to get things done, while everyone else either sits by passively or bash's us for our efforts. We have been operating in this mode for a few years because we have viewed raising money as being a pain in the ass. Everyone get's suspicious as soon as they donate their $30/month, starts demanding receipts and dealing with that aggravation is a pain in the ass.

Regarding accountability, the IRS reviews our expenses and receipts every year, if you think me or anyone else is going to break the law and risk everything you are completely nuts. Because we pick fights with powerful interests we constantly operate as-if everything is being audited.

You can google on the web and find our tax filings (form 990 IIRC). One thing that stood out to me last I checked, was every single year, $0.00 is spent on salaries.
I apologize if my comment offended you. I was barely asking a question as I was curious to find out where IV was falling short. I am sure you are not spending the money on Blackjack and hookers.

I am a new member (recently active) here and when I try to spread the word to Friends and colleagues this is the first question I am asked and I want to be able give a better response to them.

Again as a new member I was not aware that " few dedicated volunteers are spending 1000's of dollars out of their own pockets" and I appreciate that.

The only way I can get answers to my questions is through you and other senior members in this forum. And I don't think belittling a member who honestly wants to help will not get you very far.

Thanks.

Old 03-04-2016, 01:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
I apologize if my comment offended you. I was barely asking a question as I was curious to find out where IV was falling short. I am sure you are not spending the money on Blackjack and hookers.

I am a new member (recently active) here and when I try to spread the word to Friends and colleagues this is the first question I am asked and I want to be able give a better response to them.

Again as a new member I was not aware that " few dedicated volunteers are spending 1000's of dollars out of their own pockets" and I appreciate that.

The only way I can get answers to my questions is through you and other senior members in this forum. And I don't think belittling a member who honestly wants to help will not get you very far.

Thanks.
Ya, you are right - sorry for snapping at you, that was not the intention. Thank you for your subscription.

It's just that these questions get old after a while and I am getting tired of answering them. Asking for money is not a fun experience - infact most of us find it demeaning. Going forward, I think will let other members deal with these questions - I am pretty sure by now, there are enough people who understand this.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 03-04-2016, 01:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-14
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Ya, you are right - sorry for snapping at you, that was not the intention. Thank you for your subscription.

It's just that these questions get old after a while and I am getting tired of answering them. Asking for money is not a fun experience - infact most of us find it demeaning. Going forward, I think will let other members deal with these questions - I am pretty sure by now, there are enough people who understand this.
No problem man, I understand, you probably had to deal with such questions several times. It is just that it took me a few days to convince my wife to set up the subscription. I can only imagine how long it would take me to convince my friends and acquaintances, so I was trying to gather more info to be able to communicate better with them.

No hard feelings. Keep up the good work.