Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2016, 02:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tspiv is on a distinguished road

I had a thought to highlight the plight of legal immigrants vs illegal immigrants. I'm not sure this could even work, but still wanted to throw this out there.

I know legal immigrants who have no plans to travel outside US, because of worry of getting stuck outside with the visa interview /rfe. And, if they want to apply for DACA/DAPA they cannot, because to be eligible, you should not have had legal status on Nov, 2014 (please correct me if this understanding is incorrect).

So, can Immigration Voice try join (hostage) the ongoing case (supreme court maybe late I guess), when the DAPA/DACA goes back to state courts again? (Or, somehow, after taking legal advice) "Asking legal immigrants who wants to get onboard on DACA/DAPA boat should be allowed to do so?" Again, I'm not certain how the legal/judiciary works, but if this is possible, it could help few of the legal immigrants who want to take this path. It could also get viral on the media, and shed some light into the practices of USCIS.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2016, 01:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Limmig is on a distinguished road

An article from Sf Chronicle on the H1B. To me the main takeaway is that it is clearly an exploitative system and any demand for an increase in H1B visas should not be supported- in line with IV's stand on this.
Chasing dreams and dollars: India and the H-1B visa - San Francisco Chronicle

Old 05-03-2016, 10:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
messengerofgod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limmig View Post
An article from Sf Chronicle on the H1B. To me the main takeaway is that it is clearly an exploitative system and any demand for an increase in H1B visas should not be supported- in line with IV's stand on this.
Chasing dreams and dollars: India and the H-1B visa - San Francisco Chronicle
Great article!

I think IV 's position is no more H1 without more green cards and rights for H1-B - which we all agree with.

Old 05-06-2016, 07:30 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Eadfor I140 is on a distinguished road

Even their is huge artificial backlog for Green Card , woo for H1 is continue. More H1 are in line to get exploited .

Is their way out of this Exploitation by some one whom we all trust ?

Old 05-06-2016, 08:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tspiv is on a distinguished road

I think, trying to have an opinion on -- allowing or disallowing -- new H1-Visas is not a strategy that is worth for anyone presently in the GC backlog. It makes no difference to the existing folks already in the backlog.

Also, when trying to explain our situation, and bringing H1-Visa quota into the mix just complicates the whole picture...and divert attention from all other tons of valid arguments that we presently have.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikastaneja is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspiv View Post
I think, trying to have an opinion on -- allowing or disallowing -- new H1-Visas is not a strategy that is worth for anyone presently in the GC backlog. It makes no difference to the existing folks already in the backlog.

Also, when trying to explain our situation, and bringing H1-Visa quota into the mix just complicates the whole picture...and divert attention from all other tons of valid arguments that we presently have.
I have lost hope in the immigration system here. Even I140EAD is not going to help as my daughter will be aging out for sure.

I will have to find out alternatives like immigrating out from this country to a country where there are fair immigration system...

Old 05-07-2016, 06:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shv is on a distinguished road
Default Final rule in May?

Looks like the Final rule would be submitted this Month:-
View Rule

Old 05-07-2016, 05:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
penguin80 has a spectacular aura about penguin80 has a spectacular aura about penguin80 has a spectacular aura about
Default I140 portability final rule

It seems we will soon hear more about the final rule. The below agenda link shows that final rule date to be in May 2016

Final Rule 05/00/2016

View Rule

Old 05-07-2016, 05:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
penguin80 has a spectacular aura about penguin80 has a spectacular aura about penguin80 has a spectacular aura about

It seems we will soon hear more about the final rule. The below agenda link shows that final rule date to be in May 2016

View Rule

Final Rule 05/00/2016

Old 05-07-2016, 05:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

View Rule

Final Rule 05/00/2016

Old 05-09-2016, 01:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Aemon.Targ is on a distinguished road

Sleazy Siskind is talking about another lawsuit for latest VB dates retrogression, it looks like there is no light at the end of the tunnel unless and until his cheerleaders and followers doesn't realize the truth.

I am so ashamed of called high skilled when I see his followers talking bull shit about the immigration and the current system. They need to know that AILA will NEVER fix the issues.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
foia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aemon.Targ View Post
Sleazy Siskind is talking about another lawsuit for latest VB dates retrogression, it looks like there is no light at the end of the tunnel unless and until his cheerleaders and followers doesn't realize the truth.

I am so ashamed of called high skilled when I see his followers talking bull shit about the immigration and the current system. They need to know that AILA will NEVER fix the issues.
After this recent VB retrogression, I am completely hopeless. Seeking alternate options already after 8 years wait even to file AOS.

Old 05-10-2016, 01:00 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
avsnprasad is on a distinguished road

Hope is a good thing. But I think we don't have any hope Now....And I personally don't see any plan to plan anythings Here keeping the hope that something is going to happen someday \ some years ... .I don't see any point in trying to fight a loosing battle. IV thanks for the hard fought battle with the administration with numerous amount of hardships. Appreciate what you guys have done till now.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsnprasad View Post
Hope is a good thing. But I think we don't have any hope Now....And I personally don't see any plan to plan anythings Here keeping the hope that something is going to happen someday \ some years ... .I don't see any point in trying to fight a loosing battle. IV thanks for the hard fought battle with the administration with numerous amount of hardships. Appreciate what you guys have done till now.
Ah well - No hope eh? When are you packing up and leaving? That way it will be good for the rest who are willing to slog it out.

Thousands stay put in line in EB2 and EB3 backlogs, complain that they have no hope but strangely not many leave or relinquish their place in line. Coz if they did, India would not be the worst backlogged country!

Do us all a favor and stop sobbing especially if u have nothing constructive to offer.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomizedPrecision View Post
Ah well - No hope eh? When are you packing up and leaving? That way it will be good for the rest who are willing to slog it out.

Thousands stay put in line in EB2 and EB3 backlogs, complain that they have no hope but strangely not many leave or relinquish their place in line. Coz if they did, India would not be the worst backlogged country!

Do us all a favor and stop sobbing especially if u have nothing constructive to offer.
rotfl that is so true.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.