Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2016, 10:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by longwait4gc View Post
Why are the news outlets not aware of this when they write H1-B creating jobs. Is it because the media is paid or ignorant?
It's a mixture of several things. I am completely ignoring the obviously biased articles like the Chamber of commerce publications in this comment.

If you see something in less reputable "bloggy" type news outlets like huffington post, roll call or the hill - you can be fairly certain it is either paid or written by someone has an agenda. This is a good example of that kind of an article - you might find the comments interesting

The other kind of articles are the ones in more reputable publications. These are the cumulative results of 100's of millions of dollars spent by lobbying organizations to shape opinion. If you look at this video here, you will see what I mean by that. We believe our "friends" at fwd.us brought that fellow in and staged managed that soundbite.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2016, 10:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute

Is it ok to post this chart on our individual facebook page and reference immigration voice?

Old 03-08-2016, 10:52 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2012
Compare
The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely!

In fact this is posted on our FB page as well -- facebook.com/notes/1095989987133891

Old 03-08-2016, 11:08 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC2022 is infamous around these parts GC2022 is infamous around these parts
Default Good comparision

If anyon is interested in knowing the exact positions of each of these companies. you can see for yourself the comments each of them provided when a request for information was asked.

Here are some notable exceptions which people might find surprising. Writing from memory.

1) FWD.US - These people have not spoken a word about the backlogs. They actually are a lame organization and are coming to the party for the chips. These people have responded with a non answer to the most important question asked in 10 years. The RFI specifically mentioned that H4 EAD is part of another regulation please donot write about it here. Yet they chose to write it here , thats the only thing they wrote. What a joke.

2) Ron gotcher or Greg siskind did not have a comment for the RFI.

3) AILA did not mention about the EAD for I 140 or backlogs, they wrote a lengthy document batting for corporations and doing their dance.

4) Sheela murthy wrote a long document where she did mention "When PD is not current we should let people file for I 485" but she did not elaborate or mention the specifics, she did not mention about the backlogs or the word abuse. She did however, choose to write in detail about how consulting companies are suffering million dollar losses due to incorrect adjudication of H1bs and issues with stamping.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:23 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkshitij View Post
Is it ok to post this chart on our individual facebook page and reference immigration voice?
Absolutely, please feel free to do so

Old 03-08-2016, 11:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
buffbloke is infamous around these parts buffbloke is infamous around these parts

The should be on the front page of the IV home page.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
buffbloke is infamous around these parts buffbloke is infamous around these parts

The chart should be on the front page of IV website.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:39 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC2022 View Post
If anyon is interested in knowing the exact positions of each of these companies. you can see for yourself the comments each of them provided when a request for information was asked.

Here are some notable exceptions which people might find surprising. Writing from memory.

1) FWD.US - These people have not spoken a word about the backlogs. They actually are a lame organization and are coming to the party for the chips. These people have responded with a non answer to the most important question asked in 10 years. The RFI specifically mentioned that H4 EAD is part of another regulation please donot write about it here. Yet they chose to write it here , thats the only thing they wrote. What a joke.

2) Ron gotcher or Greg siskind did not have a comment for the RFI.

3) AILA did not mention about the EAD for I 140 or backlogs, they wrote a lengthy document batting for corporations and doing their dance.

4) Sheela murthy wrote a long document where she did mention "When PD is not current we should let people file for I 485" but she did not elaborate or mention the specifics, she did not mention about the backlogs or the word abuse. She did however, choose to write in detail about how consulting companies are suffering million dollar losses due to incorrect adjudication of H1bs and issues with stamping.
FWD is the lamest organization. Many immigrants from different countries (including India) seem to think that any leftist organization is doing lord's work. People need to see through the bullshit that any group is doing and using immigrants as tool/weapon to push for their own agenda (which is often against the agenda of the immigrants supporting FWD). If you follow FWD or if you get their emails, then email back and thrash them about what have they done for rights of immigrants already here. For OPT, FWD had setup separate website to generate comments. That did not help because we generated more positive comments for OPT. But if you compare FWD's action for OPT v/s AC21 reg, you will see that they did not put any action for AC21 reg. These guys are all only interested in getting more immigrants from outside, so their masters can hold these immigrants as captives, to exploit immigrants, drive down wages and displace Americans. That is the only purpose of whatever these guys do. They are just another front group for companies.

In the end, it doesn't matter is a group or a politicians is leftist or a right-wing nut job. What matters is, whether someone is "pro-immigrant". Not "pro-immigration" i.e. getting new people from outside, but, "pro-immigrant" i.e. rights of immigrants that are already here.

If WH doesn't come out with the fixes to AC21 regulation, we will be left with no choice but to expose and attack Obama Administration that they were less than ordinary, just like others, saying one thing to get elected, and doing something totally opposite when the opportunity was presented. We will define his legacy for years to come and tell it to our children and everyone we meet and talk too.

About immigration lawyers, we think they are all bunch of liars who say one thing and do something else behind close door. So there is no point in talking about any of these lawyers. Anyone expecting anything different is plain foolish, living in fools paradise.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nvedia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC2022 View Post

I completely agree with FWS.us thing
Some of us repeatedly posted in their facebook page asking what they are doing for the I140 backlogged skilled immigrations. They kept ignoring our posts with no repsonse
Its really ironic that FWD.us was founded by Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook which has lot of H1B employees but cares only for illegals/ DAPA/DACA

Old 03-08-2016, 12:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvedia View Post
Some of us repeatedly posted in their facebook page asking what they are doing for the I140 backlogged skilled immigrations. They kept ignoring our posts with no repsonse
Its really ironic that FWD.us was founded by Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook which has lot of H1B employees but cares only for illegals/ DAPA/DACA
We think that this concern for the undocumented in FWD is just eyewash to curry favor among the Democrats because Democrats frown upon groups that push for more high-skilled visa's without taking the issues of the undocumented into consideration (It's the whole CIR argument). We believe that behind the scenes, (especially with Republican's), FWD is all about more H1-B because H1-B's can create companies, innovate and grow the economy

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 03-08-2016, 02:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nvik16 is on a distinguished road

If the white house f**ks up and does screw us , as the trend has been all these years. Do we have a plan to fight back and create a ruckus ?

Old 03-08-2016, 03:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvedia View Post
FWD.us asks for more H1-B's... that's all they really care about.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...0a4_story.html

The other add-ons (path to citizenship for undocumented..etc) are to gather more support and be likable by a broader group of people.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:47 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC2022 is infamous around these parts GC2022 is infamous around these parts
Default FWD.US and the irony

FWD.US is all about entrepreneuship they claim. Their poster child Ruchi went and cried in the congress because of her GC backlog for several years ( she is a multimillionare from the FB money she made as a early employee) She and her husband are one of the co founders of the organization, They both came to US like some of us and were stuck in H1b for several years.

Yet they have done nothing for H1b backlogs, they want to fight for Undocumented, they want to fight for the Entrepreneur visa but not for 1 million people who could have very well been entrepreneurs if not for H1b backlogs.

They did not make any effort except write a 1 page comment on the regulation WRT the AC21. they did not push for it via their members they did not request for it when there was an oppurtunity to make a statment. Yeah, so , fuck them.

Old 03-08-2016, 05:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Although I am absolutely confused about theories in immigration…..I had to write a long one.

It appears to me that all economic arguments in favor of more immigration are made in the following manner when they say immigration is an “opportunity” and not a “problem”:

1) New immigrants “complement” the workforce (i.e. not displace or take away jobs from Americans). After all, these are jobs Americans do not want to or cannot do OR Americans should be doing a better job than this. Who wants to pick fruits all day while you may be working in an air conditioned Walmart?

2) Giving these low paying “complementing” jobs to new immigrants would allow the Americans to then work in a better job which requires more communication/managerial type skills (e.g. by hiring a low skilled construction worker for cheap to free Americans to become construction manager). This is in theory increases wages of Americans assuming all Americans follow the direction told.

In other words, imagine politicians telling Americans “let the poor immigrant take that dirty job from you so that you can go on to take a better job”. I think that I can kind of understand the above more easily with the low skilled (e.g. construction workers) immigrants. But, the problem is by lumping low and high-skilled immigrants together in one group as “complementing” and also asking for more high-skilled H-1Bs, the high-skilled American is probably facing competition in the supposedly “high-skilled” work that they should be doing by allowing the low skilled immigrant to “complement” the workforce.

I cannot understand the theory when it is applied explicitly to the high-skilled immigrants (without including low skilled) and I am at a complete loss as to the complementary nature of high-skilled workers. This again forces the smart people (economists) to combine low and high skilled because, without low skilled in the mix, it is not that easy to ask people to swallow the high-skilled pill and tell them “they complement you” when in reality we are all doing and competing for the same high skilled jobs. So other high skilled statistics must be made available for policy making i.e. shortage, best and the brightest, immigrant founders, creating 2.6 jobs or whathaveyou to tell Americans and their politicians: “best and brightest immigrant founders are creating jobs for Americans so do not worry and allow them in” and “the more the better”. This is where FWD, immigration lawyers etc. will come in with their only pro-immigration goal of bringing in more H-1Bs (or other work visas).

Even if the other best and the brightest statistics were 100% true, the current system is not helping those H-1B people already here who actually want to create jobs as H-1Bs are not starting businesses while waiting for priority date to become current! Consequently, the proposed economic benefit (if true) to Americans (by immigrant founders creating jobs etc.) is delayed by the indentured servitude of H-1B in backlogs**. And if the doubtful assumption that H-1Bs complement the Americans is actually not true, then H-1Bs lower the wage of American workers “similarly employed” until the time the H-1B is free for job mobility and to create companies as advertised by the smart people who want more H-1Bs.

Finally, all workers, no matter low skilled or high skilled, want mobility and freedom. If a low skilled worker with less rights wants mobility and rights to take higher jobs (which the Americans were told they can do if we brought in the immigrant!), this is a problem not only for the company that brought in the immigrant for cheap labor but also for the Americans because allowing job mobility will create more competition for them, and who will replace the low skilled worker when he/she changes job? This is only true in the "complementing" theory.

For the high skilled workers, if it is not true that high-skilled workers complement the Americans, then lack of job mobility is damaging to Americans. I do not believe high skilled workers complement Americans. According to a study, a green card could mean a pay raise of about $12,000 per year for some. So, for high skilled, I believe it is true that dilution is the solution and the cost of green card is peanuts for employers if backlog continues for ever and we are immobile.

As Milton Friedman said “illegal immigration is a good thing as long as it is illegal”. But applying such thing to legal immigration where we do not complement Americans is not a good thing.

**Unless you consult Greg Siskind who can help you IF YOU ARE WILLING TO TAKE THAT RISK OF LOSING THE TIME AND MONEY IF YOU DO NOT GET YOUR GREEN CARD

Old 03-08-2016, 09:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
javelin768 is on a distinguished road
Default Sleazy Lawyers!

I am just happy to see the sleazy lawyer types are getting their Panties in a Bunch trying to come up with an explanation why they "don't want to engage with ImmigrationVoice"!!!
I love this!!