Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2016, 10:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shivuat is on a distinguished road
Default I140EAD-Lawyers and employers plotting on how to derail Skilled Immigration

Something we knew but check the below video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFICHjX9HDg
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2016, 01:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
what_if is just really nice what_if is just really nice what_if is just really nice what_if is just really nice
Default Perspective

The least we can learn from them is that we unite and loosen our purses. Contributing $100 a month to IV is a very reasonable investment.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
puneet2k5 is on a distinguished road

I think this video link is an eye opener. It is very sad to see desi people trying their best to make the life of fellow desis miserable.

This also underlines the importance to contributing to IV on a regular basis. Hopefully, IV would hold conference calls more often on a regular basis to keep its members updated on its back channel immigration reform efforts. These calls can also serve as reminders to the members to contribute more often and on a regular basis.

I signed up for $100 a month contribution for 12 months this Jan. Total IV contributions have fallen significantly from Jan - Feb numbers. I feel one of because of the scarce updates from IV on its back channel immigration efforts. Hopefully, this trend would change and IV would hold more frequent update calls.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneet2k5 View Post
I think this video link is an eye opener. It is very sad to see desi people trying their best to make the life of fellow desis miserable.

This also underlines the importance to contributing to IV on a regular basis. Hopefully, IV would hold conference calls more often on a regular basis to keep its members updated on its back channel immigration reform efforts. These calls can also serve as reminders to the members to contribute more often and on a regular basis.

I signed up for $100 a month contribution for 12 months this Jan. Total IV contributions have fallen significantly from Jan - Feb numbers. I feel one of because of the scarce updates from IV on its back channel immigration efforts. Hopefully, this trend would change and IV would hold more frequent update calls.
You notice how fucking quickly those videos went private once it got noticed? The lawyers groups and employer groups are watching all forums and Facebook groups. Their livelihood depends on it.

The lawyer woman - cuckoo (and Siskinds sidekick - kamakazee) on the lawyers forum used to laugh at IV - and call IV fraud when they said that lawyers groups and employers groups were actively trying to sabotage IV's efforts. They implied IV were secretive or dishonest for not talking about things happening behind the scenes.

Well, after seeing these videos, does anyone think it is wise for IV to be acting like a fucking "radio station".

At this point my view is if we don't trust IV - who has been telling us this truth about lawyers and employers collusion for years - we don't deserve our freedom. IV will share information with us when they are in a position to do so, until then donate and follow their action items. Last one was to visit you Congressman to talk about HR.213.

If you don't trust them, it's all our loss - but there is nothing that anyone can do. Historically in any movement 10% of the people did 90% of the work.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
You notice how fucking quickly those videos went private once it got noticed? The lawyers groups and employer groups are watching all forums and Facebook groups. Their livelihood depends on it.

The lawyer woman - cuckoo (and Siskinds sidekick - kamakazee) on the lawyers forum used to laugh at IV - and call IV fraud when they said that lawyers groups and employers groups were actively trying to sabotage IV's efforts. They implied IV were secretive or dishonest for not talking about things happening behind the scenes.

Well, after seeing these videos, does anyone think it is wise for IV to be acting like a fucking "radio station".

At this point my view is if we don't trust IV - who has been telling us this truth about lawyers and employers collusion for years - we don't deserve our freedom. IV will share information with us when they are in a position to do so, until then donate and follow their action items. Last one was to visit you Congressman to talk about HR.213.

If you don't trust them, it's all our loss - but there is nothing that anyone can do. Historically in any movement 10% of the people did 90% of the work.
Amen to that. I agree - IV is smart by not getting into the business of broadcasting updates and \ or strategy. Although it does bother me to not get any info, I am confident that the folks behind IV have never shied away from a brass-knuckled fight.

It is unreasonable, and quite ridiculous, for folks to expect public updates even when they know that there are all kindsa fuckfaces like Siskind, Aila, USChamber etc. with more money and resources plotting away at this. Do you hear any updates from them about their strategy in public? So, Why the fuck should anyone expect that from IV?

Have some faith, keep doing the action items IV has suggested (talk to your congressman, sign physical petitions \ signature campaigns and attend advocacy days as they are setup).

Given the fact that nothing has happened for 5 months since the comment period ended and that USCIS has been very reluctant to give out any information (even at the recent AILA orgy) I am led to believe that the rule is going to change one way or another. The only question is how closer it gets us to what we want.

Let's arm IV with the resources they need to fight these fucking cartels and donating as much as you can is the least of it.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
benay is on a distinguished road
Default Found the video here

Found the video here: https://vimeo.com/174300560

Old 07-12-2016, 03:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
puneet2k5 is on a distinguished road

As I understand correctly, if IV had enough funds this I-140 fiasco would not have happened. To take these lawyers and employers heads on, we need to have sufficient funds for lobbying and other activities.

Unfortunately, IV funds collection has dropped significantly. It should be a matter of grave concern. Existing donors seem to have stopped contributing, and the new members are not shelling out a penny. This implies that there is a disconnect between the IV leaders and its potential donors. I feel the reason for the same is the scarce updates from IV leaders. As members do not hear from IV leaders for months, they tend of assuming as if nothing is happening so why to contribute. Typical case of out of sight, out of mind.

I feel IV should have one conference at least every quarter to keep reminding its members to donate generously and also to answer any questions that members may have. IV need not disclose any information that may jeopardize its back-channel efforts, but such calls should keep the members motivated and hopefully help in the steady flow of the funds.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
messengerofgod is on a distinguished road

I don't think this video is news to anyone in IV. These people are children compared to US Chamber of Commerce and big tech company lobbyists.

It is just the rest of us are seeing this for the first time and are outraged.

I am sure people in IV are outraged too, they just have had a few years to process it. Just look at the CIS Ombundsman video. This eruption happened because IV discovered Chamber of Commerce sabotaged the I140-EAD rule.

After seeing the videos that came out last week, I think we are 1% as outraged as IV Core people are.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ragsin0369 is on a distinguished road
Default crooked lawyers and IT consultancies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nd3uDQwmpo

I will keep uploading this video twice as many times as it is taken down. Lawyers and crooked IT consultancies coming together and doing everything in their power to keep you and me as slaves. This is modern slavery.if this does not make your blood boil and take action I don't know what will.

Share the video on every platform and identify each of these crooks. We will make them repent.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
buffbloke is infamous around these parts buffbloke is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by messengerofgod View Post
I don't think this video is news to anyone in IV. These people are children compared to US Chamber of Commerce and big tech company lobbyists.

It is just the rest of us are seeing this for the first time and are outraged.

I am sure people in IV are outraged too, they just have had a few years to process it. Just look at the CIS Ombundsman video. This eruption happened because IV discovered Chamber of Commerce sabotaged the I140-EAD rule.

After seeing the videos that came out last week, I think we are 1% as outraged as IV Core people are.
No surprise here. IV has been calling out the lawyers and these shady employers since day 1.
It still doesn't absolve IV of responsibility of reaching out to new members. Without effective marketing, lawyer groups will still be able to attract funds and attention of new members. I wish IV was at least somewhat more communicative to show that this group is alive. Watch as new groups try to form and lawyer groups try to use the fresh outrage to their advantage.

Old 07-12-2016, 01:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ragsin0369 is on a distinguished road

https://twitter.com/Hi_Ski_Slave/sta...00854714368000

https://twitter.com/Hi_Ski_Slave/sta...01805558886401

https://twitter.com/Hi_Ski_Slave/sta...05032773799936

Share. Tweet. Repeat.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rahdirs is on a distinguished road

This seems to be a big rallying cry on other forums. Lots of call to actions etc..

MIA - admin, hil, vikdesi,... wassup guys. Post a hi maybe.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahdirs View Post
This seems to be a big rallying cry on other forums. Lots of call to actions etc..

MIA - admin, hil, vikdesi,... wassup guys. Post a hi maybe.
Not sure why they aren't posting here, but hil just posted this today in the IV Virgina Facebook group:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182
Thank you for your 2c.

Petitions are a waste of time. It is not as if WH, DHS and USCIS don't know what's going on. They know exactly what's going on - we made sure of it.

Even if you can get to 100K signatures, you will get a polite "fuck off" response from some intern.

We aren't "fighting amongst ourselves", we are just trying to keep people focused on things that will make a difference and not waste time on useless petitions and twitter campaigns.

The lawyers and companies would love nothing more than for you to create petitions and Twitter campaigns in order to keep us from doing something that will move the needle.

We have been doing this a long time, and know what will move the needle. If you are upset about the video, go visit your Rep and talk to them about per-country cap and use the videos to show them how the per-country cap has distorted the labor market. That will be much more effective than tweeting or petitioning people that don't give two shits about your condition.

bit.ly/iv-advocacy-guide

Old 07-13-2016, 12:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
FrankUnderwood is on a distinguished road
Default White House petition!!!!!!

HELP NEEDED !!!! HELP NEEDED!!!

We need to reach 100k signatures ASAP!!!!

Please sign this petition wh.gov/iF2p7

-FU

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankUnderwood View Post
HELP NEEDED !!!! HELP NEEDED!!!

We need to reach 100k signatures ASAP!!!!

Please sign this petition wh.gov/iF2p7

-FU
Done - waiting for the email verification.

Meanwhile, the slimy lawyers are protecting each other. Siskind with this tweet is doing two things:
  1. Changing the subject - trying to cover up the fact that he himself did some commentary on his fellow salve traders presentation at that conference - commentary which he is coming to regret.
  2. Trying to waste our time with Petitions that he knows will have no effect. The lawyers are all saying "sign the petition"