Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2016, 12:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bpk is infamous around these parts

Lol! Sure, good luck to all of us...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2016, 01:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rocket001 is on a distinguished road
Default Jacksonville, Florida congress man appointment

Let me know if anybody is working in Jacksonville, Florida to get appointment with congress man for HR 213.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket001 View Post
Let me know if anybody is working in Jacksonville, Florida to get appointment with congress man for HR 213.
Thanks for your interest. If you haven't already, I suggest you do the following:
  1. Read the advocacy guide here
  2. Setup a meeting with your Rep
  3. Join the appropriate state chapter, create an event in the state chapter and invite the WHOLE chapter to the event - that way it will show up whenever someone logs into Facebook. Post meeting details in other forums & groups - including this one.
  4. Do the meeting, by yourself if you have to.
  5. Followup, followup, followup

We have seen so many times, people say "anyone from ..." And nothing happens after. The need for the hour is for leaders and not followers. Hope you can lead and make this meeting happen.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 07-22-2016, 04:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thank you. I will go through the details you provided and will work on as guided in details.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Updates are below:
I called the congress man's local District Office to schedule a meeting with him. The staff told me to contact Washington, DC Office. I called Washington, DC Office and the staff gave me an email address who schedule meeting for congress man. He also asked me if I want to leave a voice message for the meeting scheduler. I left the voice message. I am gonna call meeting scheduler coming Monday and Tuesday and if I don't get hold on her then I will email her to schedule a meeting with congress man. So far I have 6 office co-worker who are willing to join with me meeting with the congress man.

Thanks again for providing the details.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Updates are below:
I called the congress man's local District Office to schedule a meeting with him. The staff told me to contact Washington, DC Office. I called Washington, DC Office and the staff gave me an email address who schedule meeting for congress man. He also asked me if I want to leave a voice message for the meeting scheduler. I left the voice message. I am gonna call meeting scheduler coming Monday and Tuesday and if I don't get hold on her then I will email her to schedule a meeting with congress man. So far I have 6 office co-worker who are willing to join with me meeting with the congress man.

Thanks again for providing the details.
Any luck getting the meeting with the Rep?

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 07-26-2016, 01:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I called them(DC office) yesterday to talk to meeting scheduler. They told me the meeting scheduler is in vacation and she will be back this week. I asked them if anyone is backup for her while she is in vacation but the answer was no. I will call them this Thursday and see if meeting scheduler is back from vacation if not then I will be calling next Monday.
I called the local office again but the answer was same DC office can only schedule the meeting.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bob4gc is on a distinguished road

IV team,

At this critical juncture for HR213, I think a call each week to help and motivate people to talk/visit their congress person and also q&a with suggestions would be really appreciable.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amerineni is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down What happened to I-140 and lobbying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Hi Limming,

We will be putting out a newsletter in the next few days regarding upcoming action items.

That said, the main takeaway is the next 50 days Congress is out of session and it is considered a constituent service period. Your house rep is running for reelection and now is the best time to reach out to push for our agenda.

This fall will bring in an opportunity to get per-country done (either standalone or part of another bill) - but only IF we can add more sponsors for HR.213. All steps towards getting more sponsors for HR.213 is here

The call was long (almost 2.5 hours) and many other things were covered including popular misconceptions in our community like petitions, Recapture (both legislatively and administratively), dependent exemption (both legislatively and administratively), possibility of lawsuits towards the administration and many other things.

Also, I-140 EAD doesn't look good. So, the long and short of it is we are left with a decent opportunity to get per-country done in either the September or lame-duck sessions of Congress, but everybody is going to have to step up and do their share

Thanks for your interest and support.

Hello, I was not able to attend both the meetings you guys scheduled in march and last month as well. I have few questions and i appreciate if you can answer them straight forward.

1) Why I-140 dosen't look good ? What happened to the lobbying effort?
2) Why are you guys focusing on HR213 now again? If you guys think this is the best way, why didn't you do this right from the beginning?
3) Why are you asking everyone to call the Reps? What can't you use the money collected to do the lobbying on HR213?
4) Do you guys really think making calls and sponsoring the bill will be enough? Just to remind you that many immigration bills turned down during voting.

I fell like you guys didn't figured out whom to approach or how to approach to get it done.
If anyone asks questions, you guys go offensive way. There is a reason why the political parties are not addressing these legal immigration issues. Unless someone way above in these parties decide, nothing will happen. Congress is not reacting on gun legislation where people are dying bcz of it. Our issues are nothing to them. Keep in mind that awareness is not the one that is stopping our immigration bills. Simply they don't want to do it.

Lot of people contribute lot of money thinking you guys know what you are doing. I am not against you and i believed you guys and contributed 600$ in January. After waiting six months, i am doubting my belief.

Please keep in mind that some people are taking these immigration efforts emotionally. Don't exaggerate the issues.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerineni View Post
Hello, I was not able to attend both the meetings you guys scheduled in march and last month as well. I have few questions and i appreciate if you can answer them straight forward.

1) Why I-140 dosen't look good ? What happened to the lobbying effort?
We believe I140-EAD rule was hijacked by the top industry lobbyist. We don't think the rule can be fixed and there isn't enough time remaining in the Obama administration to start a new rule.

Quote:
2) Why are you guys focusing on HR213 now again? If you guys think this is the best way, why didn't you do this right from the beginning?
We have always been working on HR213. We did two lobby days on HR213 and our members have been advocating for HR213 for the last year and a half. Do you think that the 69 co-sponsors on the bill happened by it's-self? Do you think it was easy to get those co-sponsors?

Quote:
3) Why are you asking everyone to call the Reps?
To get HR.213 done in this session of congress. We aren't just asking people to call their Rep's we are asking people to make an effort and meet with their offices and ask for HR.213 co-sponsorship. If you are interested in pitching in, clear and concise instructions are here bit.ly/iv-advocacy-guide

Quote:
What can't you use the money collected to do the lobbying on HR213?
We will never be able to compete with the companies at a purely financial level. The money we raise in a year, is a small fraction of the money that changes hands at the dozens of fund-raisers that happen every day. We can however compete with our grass-roots. Companies are not paying for outcome (that is illegal), they are paying for face-time and access so they can convince lawmakers to view the world through the lenses of the companies needs.

As a constituent, you get the face-time and access for free. So we ask our members to use the access to appeal to the better nature of their Reps to educate them about how the true nature of the backlog, the harm it is causing US workers (because employers have come to prefer hiring backlogged workers) and the need for lawmakers to address the issue by passing HR.213.

When we feel the the payoff is justified we will spend money lobbying for HR.213, but as I said above, the primary tool for getting it done is the grass-roots.

Quote:
4) Do you guys really think making calls and sponsoring the bill will be enough? Just to remind you that many immigration bills turned down during voting.
yes, that is ultimately how things get done on the Hill.

Quote:
Lot of people contribute lot of money thinking you guys know what you are doing. I am not against you and i believed you guys and contributed 600$ in January. After waiting six months, i am doubting my belief.

Please keep in mind that some people are taking these immigration efforts emotionally. Don't exaggerate the issues.
Thank you for your support, but please remember that writing a check is the smallest part of solving this problem. Money is a critical ingredient of what we do, but our main strength is in our grassroots.

If you feel that you are being cheated, please you PM me your name and address, I will write you a $600 personal check.

Also, please make it a point to dial into our calls to understand our current thinking, the nature of what you are up against and what it will take to get out of it. As in real-life, things change and we have to adapt accordingly. During these calls we go in-depth into explaining the direction we are moving in.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 07-27-2016 at 01:46 PM.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
freedom101 is on a distinguished road
Default Well said Hill

Very well said Hill.

To me it looks like we ourselves are acting like our enemies.

Just imagine what will happen if we all unite together and fight it.

Let us all be together on this and do our part. Let us all call our respective reps and ask them to support HR213.

Freedom is not free, we have to fight for fit.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
We believe I140-EAD rule was hijacked by the top industry lobbyist. We don't think the rule can be fixed and there isn't enough time remaining in the Obama administration to start a new rule.

We have always been working on HR213. We did two lobby days on HR213 and our members have been advocating for HR213 for the last year and a half. Do you think that the 69 co-sponsors on the bill happened by it's-self? Do you think it was easy to get those co-sponsors?

To get HR.213 done in this session of congress. We aren't just asking people to call their Rep's we are asking people to make an effort and meet with their offices and ask for HR.213 co-sponsorship. If you are interested in pitching in, clear and concise instructions are here bit.ly/iv-advocacy-guide

We will never be able to compete with the companies at a purely financial level. The money we raise in a year, is a small fraction of the money that changes hands at the dozens of fund-raisers that happen every day. We can however compete with our grass-roots. Companies are not paying for outcome (that is illegal), they are paying for face-time and access so they can convince lawmakers to view the world through the lenses of the companies needs.

As a constituent, you get the face-time and access for free. So we ask our members to use the access to appeal to the better nature of their Reps to educate them about how the true nature of the backlog, the harm it is causing US workers (because employers have come to prefer hiring backlogged workers) and the need for lawmakers to address the issue by passing HR.213.

When we feel the the payoff is justified we will spend money lobbying for HR.213, but as I said above, the primary tool for getting it done is the grass-roots.

yes, that is ultimately how things get done on the Hill.

Thank you for your support, but please remember that writing a check is the smallest part of solving this problem. Money is a critical ingredient of what we do, but our main strength is in our grassroots.

If you feel that you are being cheated, please you PM me your name and address, I will write you a $600 personal check.

Also, please make it a point to dial into our calls to understand our current thinking, the nature of what you are up against and what it will take to get out of it. As in real-life things change and we have to adapt accordingly. During these calls we go in-depth into explaining the direction we are moving in.
Thanks for the reply. I am reiterating that i am not against you guys and appreciate the efforts you guys are putting. My only concern is that we may need to figure out the right way to solve the problem instead of jumping here and there. For example you said that its hard to fix the existing draft rule is difficult to change where it is purely under President control who is in favor of us. If that is the case, how come in this small time frame a bill which is rejected before gets introduced into congress and pass both senate, house and then signed by obama. Making sense to you guys?

You are bragging about the 69 co sponsors. Most of them simply vote on party lines. If you convince the party or the key persons in the party, these reps don't matter. Plz think in that way.

We don't have number, we don't have money. All we have is smart people. Think twice and come up with a strategy. Plz start thinking differently, bcz we know that the way we are thinking from past decade didn't yield any results.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom101 View Post
Very well said Hill.

To me it looks like we ourselves are acting like our enemies.

Just imagine what will happen if we all unite together and fight it.

Let us all be together on this and do our part. Let us all call our respective reps and ask them to support HR213.

Freedom is not free, we have to fight for fit.
Dude, person will not become a enemy if they question. Please change your thinking and try to understand what anyone is saying. I am waiting for EAD or GC from 9 years. I know the pain. Lets be smart, not stupid.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Email template for meeting Scheduler

Today I could talk to the meeting scheduler. She is back from vacation.
She asked me to email all of the details, purpose of the meeting and who are going to participate in the meeting. She said end of the month of august the congressman can meet with us but she also said she can not promise anything. She said we can meet with the local congressman staff too and let them know our agenda/issue and the staff can update congressman later. I insist her meeting with the congressman. I didn't say her we don't want to meet local congressman staff.

If you guys have any email template for the meeting Scheduler please provide to me.

Thank you

Old 07-27-2016, 03:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Today I could talk to the meeting scheduler. She is back from vacation.
She asked me to email all of the details, purpose of the meeting and who are going to participate in the meeting. She said end of the month of august the congressman can meet with us but she also said she can not promise anything. She said we can meet with the local congressman staff too and let them know our agenda/issue and the staff can update congressman later. I insist her meeting with the congressman. I didn't say her we don't want to meet local congressman staff.

If you guys have any email template for the meeting Scheduler please provide to me.

Thank you
Who is your Rep? Let me know, I will sen you an email you could use.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER