Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2016, 10:52 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 40
foia is on a distinguished road
Default Proposed rule for "Petition process for rulemaking"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwink View Post
Good and timely petition.


You cannot. If anyone is telling you anything differently, they are liars.


The White House does not. If anyone is telling you differently, they are liars.


They are aware - they are just lying to their members just so they feel important and like "leaders".


Because they are liars.


They are fully aware of it. But their pathological need to feel like an "important leader" is more important than actually solving the problem.

They are fully aware of it. See #6 above.


Apparently, they are making fliers and Videos about the petition. The only thing anyone should be doing right now - meeting their Reps to talk about HR.213. We have a window of opportunity to get it done that is being wasted by these petitions
I am not a [Removed Lawyers Group] or any other group member, and I have been discouraging myself and fellow friends from any petitinos, but it seems like DHS is proposing a rule for creating petitions itself, it is in their Spring 2016 agenda:

View Rule

Last edited by hil3182; 07-20-2016 at 11:23 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #17 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2016, 11:32 AM
Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 782
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foia View Post
I am not a [Removed Lawyers Group] or any other group member, and I have been discouraging myself and fellow friends from any petitinos, but it seems like DHS is proposing a rule for creating petitions itself, it is in their Spring 2016 agenda:

View Rule
I would like to make the following points:
  1. I call that group a "Lawyers Group" - because they are falling in the exact trap the lawyers and employers want us to - which is to ask for something that is impossible and not spend time pushing for things that ARE possible. Recapture is NOT happening - the Administration doesn't believe it to be legal. We would love for the Administration to think it were legal - but they don't. That was one of the first things we asked for.
  2. You don't know what form that rule you pointed out will come out in. If the rule comes out and it looks like it has teeth, we will be happy to lead a carefully worded and very specific petition to fix things we want to see fixed.
  3. We think the I140-EAD rule is not happening with anything useful in there. We think it isn't happening because we have good reason to think that promises have been made to key people by a certain consortium of lobbyists. No "petition" is going to change it.
  4. The current petitioning process is toothless - maybe that new rule you pointed will change it - if it happens, but we aren't there yet.

As to, your "membership" in FB groups - you probably are a member. Most people have nothing better to with their time.
__________________
Join IV's Telegram Alerts | Mailing List | State Chapters

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #18 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2016, 02:23 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 22
buffbloke is infamous around these parts buffbloke is infamous around these parts
Default

Hil,

I would recommend that this website should have a map showing each congressional district , the names of the representatives and whether they have been reached out to? It will also help to have a contact of someone representing IV in those districts.
Such a map will help organize the meetings, especially in non metro areas where potential volunteers are not easy to find.

Why is this website so slow?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #19 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2016, 03:16 PM
Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 782
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffbloke View Post
Hil,

I would recommend that this website should have a map showing each congressional district , the names of the representatives and whether they have been reached out to? It will also help to have a contact of someone representing IV in those districts.
Such a map will help organize the meetings, especially in non metro areas where potential volunteers are not easy to find.

Why is this website so slow?
We have been trying to move the activity onto Facebook so we can get rid of the Forum Drama.

There is stuff going on there. Honestly, it's not hard for people to lookup their own Rep - if they cannot then they definately will not be doing meetings.

If you haven't already, please setup a meeting and join a state chapter to find people to accompany you. It isn't hard. There is very little chit-chat in state chapters - just people doing meetings.

I have no idea why it's slow.
__________________
Join IV's Telegram Alerts | Mailing List | State Chapters

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #20 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2016, 05:34 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 40
foia is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
I would like to make the following points:
  1. I call that group a "Lawyers Group" - because they are falling in the exact trap the lawyers and employers want us to - which is to ask for something that is impossible and not spend time pushing for things that ARE possible. Recapture is NOT happening - the Administration doesn't believe it to be legal. We would love for the Administration to think it were legal - but they don't. That was one of the first things we asked for.
  2. You don't know what form that rule you pointed out will come out in. If the rule comes out and it looks like it has teeth, we will be happy to lead a carefully worded and very specific petition to fix things we want to see fixed.
  3. We think the I140-EAD rule is not happening with anything useful in there. We think it isn't happening because we have good reason to think that promises have been made to key people by a certain consortium of lobbyists. No "petition" is going to change it.
  4. The current petitioning process is toothless - maybe that new rule you pointed will change it - if it happens, but we aren't there yet.

As to, your "membership" in FB groups - you probably are a member. Most people have nothing better to with their time.
Thanks for responding to this Hil, I just posted from the reginfo website, not from any fb group. I don't even have a facebook account ;-), I call that as "Fakebook" instead.

I agree with everything what you said.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #21 (permalink)  
Old 07-21-2016, 02:21 AM
bpk bpk is offline
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 16
bpk is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

I am a follower of IV as well as this group which has started the petition.

REMOVED FOR DUPLICATION OF YOUR POST HERE (IV Call on Sunday July 17th at 4PM EST.).

Last edited by hil3182; 07-21-2016 at 11:26 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DREAM Act defeat reveals failed strategy: good read to understand how politics works go_guy123 News articles and reports 10 12-20-2010 11:39 AM
Simple Questions to All Users bank_king2003 Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 7 03-12-2010 05:57 PM
Lot of new users psaxena Interesting Topics 0 06-03-2009 09:54 PM
Dear Lou, What part of LEGAL donít you understand? vivekjay News articles and reports 2 10-19-2008 03:06 PM
US Senators renew campaign against H-1B visa users jnraajan News articles and reports 52 04-16-2008 08:40 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org