Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2016, 02:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shv is on a distinguished road

The Government Has Cheated Legal Immigrants for Decades | Cato @ Liberty
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2016, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Good read

How To Fix Our Messed-Up Immigration System

Old 07-29-2016, 09:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default is it dead or they still working on 1615-AC05?

https://www.federalregister.gov/arti...alregister.gov

Old 08-06-2016, 01:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Severe Backlogs - uncertain future - rise up and work for hr213 & meet your Local Rep

ILW.COM Discussion Board - Article: "The Line" for Green Cards Is So Long You Might Die of Old Age Waiting. By David Bier

Old 08-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

To ALL understand how VB calculations work, don't expect much out of VB every month:-

140,000 for Principles and their dependents(spouse/kids)

Eb1 = 140,000 * 28.6% = 37,520*
Eb2 = 140,000 * 28.6% = 37,520**
Eb3 = 140,000 * 28.6% = 37,520***
Eb4 = 140,000 * 7.1% = 9,940
Eb5 = 140,000 * 7.1% = 9,940

*Plus any unused visas from the 4th and 5th preferences

**Plus any unused visas from the 1st preference

***Plus any unused visas the 1st and 2nd preference

So, countries like India, China, Philippines and Mexico have higher levels of immigration and so have an annual 7% limit imposed on them: 37,520 * 7% = 2626 employment based visas.

the Visa Office (VO) is tasked with determining the cut off. The VO subdivides the annual preference and foreign state limitations into monthly allotments. So, numbers for India would be divided thus: 2626/12 = 219 for each month.

Lets assume there are 1000 applicants from India who fall in a month so including their dependents the count would go upto 3k a month and 219 available visas are not at all sufficient. Demand is more than supply, so how the hell VB dates can move rapidly.

So, 2626 visas annually for each EB1, EB2 and EB3 categories for India. The only other way to get additional visas into EBI is Spillover from FB categories or other EBROW categories. Hence EB1I will always get benefit of Spillovers(if any), EB2I will not get any spill overs as EB1I has got an cutoff date and not current and also EB2ROW too has demand,EB3I can expect to move at snails pace. In the coming years, lot of porting is expected to slow down EB2 pace which is already getting slow but EB3I is moving like planet Pluto. What I get from these calculations is that EBI backlogged people are doomed unless country limit is eliminated or total visas are increased or new EO actions which provide relief are implemented. I only see upcoming I140 regulation as a hope in future for the temporary relief for the backlogged, HR213 would be a BONUS for the backlogged community if at all we get it. So talk to your local representatives and spread the knowledge about your issues and narrate the plight to them by meeting them personally.

So to answer your question, it may take 25-50 years or more because of the uncertainties and porting for your PD to become current. Check out Visa Bulletin Priority Date Estimator to get some predictions.

Also go through the below link to get an insight of calculations,:- http://www.nfap.com/pdf/WAITING_NFAP_Policy_Bri...

Pending adjustment data:-
https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/homesec/R42048.pdf

The Filing dates concept is introduced just to eliminate redundancy and have insight in the below blind spots, with this new VB modernization concept going forward there is no visa wastage as it addresses the below blind spots:-

1) An employee whose I140 is approved in EB3 may port to EB2 (or eb2 to eb1,eb3 to eb1 else any other category) either through same employer or a different one. But the employer fails to withdraw the EB3 petition. Then the DOS has no clue of the same and the duplicate count remains in the DOS system..

2) Employee changes jobs and the new employer files a new GC petition, but the old employer does not withdraw the I-140 . Again DOS has no clue about the same hence duplicate count is added to the system..

3) The Employee is died. But the employer failed to withdraw petition . DOS has no clue of the same. The count of approved petition still remains.

4) Employee returns back to his home country, and the employer did not withdraw the Petition nor the employee is interested in coming to USA. DOS has no clue of the same and the approved petition count remains in the system.

5) Employee has got married and has an I140 approved but DOS has no clue how many family member will be added for green card at the time of processing I1485.

6) Employer has gone out of Business and fails to withdraw the petitions. DOS has no clue of the same.

7) Employee has a family member who sponsored them for a green card under Family category and they done need their employment-based petition anymore. DOS has no clue of the same.

8) Employee came to US on work visa and married a US citizen and hence they don't need to continue the employer provided GC petition. DOS has no clue of the same.

9) Employees fails to know that their dates are Current and file their petition at a later date. DOS predicts all applications to come in when its Current but practically lots of applications are received at a very later date causing DOS unable to predict demand.

10) DOS cannot predict the number of applications that might be revoked or denied due to fraud, criminal, and medical issues.

Old 08-08-2016, 08:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default one of those rare articles, which shows the plight of aspiring immigrants & HR213

one of those rare articles, which shows the plight of aspiring immigrants & HR213(removal of country quota)

Forbes Welcome

Old 08-08-2016, 08:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Good research and a base for lawsuit...

Criticism not counting dependents legal immigrants unfounded, good read again by David Bier:-

Criticism of Not Counting Dependents of Legal Immigrants Is Unfounded | Cato @ Liberty