Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2016, 04:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shv is on a distinguished road
Default Meeting Congressmen Steve Israel D-NY 3rd district

I'm trying to meet Steve Israel, I've called the Office, sent an email for the meeting as well as background on HR213, and asked congressman to show leadership, cosponsor and bring the bill to vote as well as provided information as to how country quota affects us and American employees and why many employers prefer back logged employees, Famous democratic leaders cosponsored and shown the leadership on this bipartisan bill HR213 etc.

They've taken my email id and phone number and I recently received the below response from the congressman himself. I will continue to follow up and request for an appointment to personally meet the congressman with couple of my friends.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act. I am grateful for your thoughts and appreciate the opportunity to respond.

As you may know H.R.213, the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2015, was introduced by Representative Jason Chaffetz of Utah on January 8, 2015. If enacted, this legislation would eliminate the per country limit for employment-based immigration, and increase the number of family based visas from 7% to 15% per country. H.R.213 was referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary where it awaits further consideration.

You will be pleased to know that I voted in favor of an earlier version of this bill during the 112th Congress. Should I have the opportunity to vote on this bill, or any other bill related to increasing the number of skilled worker visas, please be assured I will keep your views firmly in mind.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to do so again on any matter of concern. You can also visit my website (Congressman Steve Israel | Representing the 3rd District of NEW YORK) to learn more about the issues important to you and to sign up for my e-mail updates.

Sincerely,
Steve Israel
Member of Congress

Suggestions are welcome!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote