Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

we are holding off on webfaxes at this time. We will use this when we need them and will be effective. At this time we urge members to take appointments with their lawmaker offices and go and meet them. These meetings are very important for our success. Thus get active in your state chapters. Organize it if it not organized. If you cannot do it for some reason, then take appointments on your own and go and meet them. While we are making efforts on the hill, it is important to have grassroots level efforts going on across the country

Last edited by pappu; 02-12-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
factoryman is on a distinguished road
Default Bumping...

Here is the status update from HLG website. Note the date. Anybody here at IV, agree with me, if it needs to be countered by a direct web fax to Congress.

Quote:
2/12/2007 IMMIGRATION ALERT:
ADVOCACY ALERT: RETROGRESSION: WE'RE GETTING CLOSE

HLG has confirmed that the Senate leadership is comfortable with a proposal to solve retrogression for Schedule A occupation -- registered nurses and physical therapists. It was through grassroots advocacy that we were able to explain to the Senate leadership just how important this issue is. Thank you to everyone who made an effort.

We now must turn our efforts toward the House.

If anyone works with or at any hospitals in the following Representatives' districts, please contact Chris Musillo (cmusillo@hammondlawfirm.com; 513-381-2011 x223) ASAP.

Rep. Lofgren (D - CA) : 16th District - San Jose

Rep. Eshoo (D- CA) : 14th District - San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Cruz

Rep. Pelosi (D - CA) : 8th District - San Francisco and north

Essentially anyone who is located in the Bay Area and wants to see retrogression solved should contact their hospital leadership and see if they are willing to make a few phone calls and sign onto a letter. If they are willing to do that, please let Chris know ASAP. Chris can then explain exactly what needs to be done.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

We're getting close.

Keep up with the latest Immigration News by signing up for all of Hammond Law Group LLC's free publications:

Immigration Alerts, Medical Monthly Monitor and Business Immigration Quarterly.

http://www.hammondlawfirm.com/mailing_list.htm

Old 02-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
raju123 is on a distinguished road

Trust IV.
Interim agenda is not only agenda of IV. They tried, other powerful organize also tried but no body succeeded. They don't want to give any thing out of CIR.

Trust IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by msyedy
We have discussed a lot about things in this forum. Every person came up different thought, links etc and moreover our goal of adding I-485 in this feb bill.

After reading all the post mentioned by IV core, it is clear that no one can do anyting about it, there is no lobbyist that can force this to happen

So our struggle is useless, some may not agree to it because, they say they are pushing and trying to make voice that can be heard by the congress.

Congress did not listen to those million illegals on what grounds we expect our voice to be heard.

I say it again, our struggle is useless. When they wish then only something might happen.

ASTA LA VISTA

Old 02-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by factoryman
The American Academy of Nursing is NOT in poor light. Did you read their prescription for the nurses staffing and issues related to it?

With comments like these, we are digging our own grave. The issue is retrogression and not hopital and health care economics. I pay USD 14000 for a family of four and by god's grace, never been to one.
I know may of these nurses who are being exploited by the bodyshops like HLG. They pay a meagre salary to nurses and exploit them on signed contract. Please, please.. use your brains minus emotion.

American Academy of Nursing
Well they are also shouting about Nurse shortage just like Corporate America is shouting about shortage of H1Bs.

Actually there is also a severe shortage of Doctors in US. However
unlike "American Academy of Nursing" where medical industry
has strong influence. AMA is for doctors but they lobby for doctors and not
the medical industry and time and again they have acted to:

1) reduced the medical procedures that nurses can do for their own selfish interests

2) deliberatly crafted the residecy rules to make it very hard for foreign doctors to get licensed in US.

3) AMA has a kind of alliance with another very powerful lobby
(pharma Lobby)
AMA (doctors) in turn says that imported drugs from canada are unsafe.
In turn pharma lobby backs the AMA lobby interests.

So what can IV work realistically:

Work against any increase of H1B or try to reduce it.
Work against EB visa grap by Schedule A

They only IV will be heard. Unless you set their houses(vested interests)
on fire then only you will be heard.

Look at History. Till we started the non cooperation movement, British Govt did not care for India's
independence. In World War 1 they gave a false promise of independence if Indian National Congress (INC)
cooperated. Eventually with the non cooperation movement, the idea of keeping India as a colony became
fiancially unviable. Also britian was broke due to the 2 world wars.

Last edited by go_guy123; 02-12-2007 at 03:36 PM.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default You don't make sense...

Note: Read my post IV need to set up a fax:This is a WIN/WIN situation for us

Thanks go_guy123. Your reply is twisted and not in context for the task on hand. I only quoted American Academy of Nursing, as rimzhim said , such need to set up fax as above, 'will show us in poor light.

Sorry you missed the whole point and is side tracking the need of today: stop the grab of unused visas. Pure and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_guy123
Well they are also shouting about Nurse shortage just like Corporate America is shouting about shortage of H1Bs.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by factoryman
Note: Read my post IV need to set up a fax:This is a WIN/WIN situation for us

Thanks go_guy123. Your reply is twisted and not in context for the task on hand. I only quoted American Academy of Nursing, as rimzhim said , such need to set up fax as above, 'will show us in poor light.

Sorry you missed the whole point and is side tracking the need of today: stop the grab of unused visas. Pure and simple.

Yes I do agree. We need to stop this unfair visa grab by schedule A

Old 02-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Thanks.

I am still hoping we register our protest via IV before some congressman sneaks this provision into a must pass bil.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Actually there is also a severe shortage of Doctors in US. However
unlike "American Academy of Nursing" where medical industry
has strong influence. AMA is for doctors but they lobby for doctors and not
the medical industry and time and again they have acted to:

1) reduced the medical procedures that nurses can do for their own selfish interests

2) deliberatly crafted the residecy rules to make it very hard for foreign doctors to get licensed in US.

3) AMA has a kind of alliance with another very powerful lobby
(pharma Lobby)
AMA (doctors) in turn says that imported drugs from canada are unsafe.
In turn pharma lobby backs the AMA lobby interests.

So what can IV work realistically:

Work against any increase of H1B or try to reduce it.
Work against EB visa grap by Schedule A

They only IV will be heard. Unless you set their houses(vested interests)
on fire then only you will be heard.

Look at History. Till we started the non cooperation movement, British Govt did not care for India's
independence. In World War 1 they gave a false promise of independence if Indian National Congress (INC)
cooperated. Eventually with the non cooperation movement, the idea of keeping India as a colony became
fiancially unviable. Also britian was broke due to the 2 world wars.
Yes, I agree...we need some sort of intelligent Non -Cooperation Movement...
But I am afraid when we cannot stand united on this group- with only 200-400 or so of the 9000 contributing, I am not even sure what kind of Non Cooperation will work here.
We need to get United,,, that is the need of the hour..

Old 02-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future

I think now everybody here should understand this very well that only one person who can do something about it is you, yourself. No one else, no industry, not AIALA, nobody else is fighting to help you. IV is the only organization that is fighting for your cause and the only way you can help yourself is support IV. Go IV go.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonty_11
Yes, I agree...we need some sort of intelligent Non -Cooperation Movement...
But I am afraid when we cannot stand united on this group- with only 200-400 or so of the 9000 contributing, I am not even sure what kind of Non Cooperation will work here.
We need to get United,,, that is the need of the hour..

Its actually the strategy that is wrong. The numbersusa
, zazzona etc is also a very small group but they use
right strategy.

At one hand you support H1b increase and also want greencard reform.

Those are contradictory things. Unless IV starts working against further
H1B incease , then only Corp America will start working on EB reform.

actually thats the reason I like unitednations. Whats he says is very true
(yes not very pleasant)

Old 02-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Give H1B for corporate America.,

don't let attorneys / companies file for LC till PD is current. Release visa numbers in much in advance.
Say, EB2 India PD is Jul 2003 (or whatever it is now), allow EB2 LC first stage filing for those whose H1 is between the next 6 months, Aug 2003 to Dec 2003.

Quote:
right strategy.

(yes not very pleasant)

Old 02-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dixie will become famous soon enough

We do NOT support H1b increase without first reforming the EBsystem - we are neutral on this issue. There is nothing for us to gain by either supporting or opposing H1-b increase. We cannot support it because it worsens retrogression. We cannot oppose it for the simple reason that we are ourselves on H1-B. If someone thinks H1-B is bad, then how on earth can you justify giving GCs to these H1-Bs ? Why don't we start by deporting ourselves then ?

The reason zazona and numbers USA are "successful" is simply because they are citizens groups - and they have a sympathetic audience of folks who lost their jobs, as well as sympathetic mouthpieces like Lou FOULMOUTH. Politicians are bound to give weightage to these people's concerns (valid or not) if they wish to remain in power.

Lets leave H1-B bashing as an exercise to the zazona,foulmouth and co. We have scarce resources to begin with as it is, and they are best spent on something constuctive.Unfortunately, we do not seem to have any shortage of ideas on what new items IV should be working on.

Quote:
right strategy.

(yes not very pleasant)

Last edited by dixie; 02-12-2007 at 06:41 PM.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
eager_immi is on a distinguished road
Default true

I agree with you, there are enough people who do h1b bashing really well, we are here to fight a cause let us do that right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie
We do NOT support H1b increase without first reforming the EBsystem - we are neutral on this issue. There is nothing for us to gain by either supporting or opposing H1-b increase. We cannot support it because it worsens retrogression. We cannot oppose it for the simple reason that we are ourselves on H1-B. If someone thinks H1-B is bad, then how on earth can you justify giving GCs to these H1-Bs ? Why don't we start by deporting ourselves then ?

The reason zazona and numbers USA are "successful" is simply because they are citizens groups - and they have a sympathetic audience of folks who lost their jobs, as well as sympathetic mouthpieces like Lou FOULMOUTH. Politicians are bound to give weightage to these people's concerns (valid or not) if they wish to remain in power.

Lets leave H1-B bashing as an exercise to the zazona,foulmouth and co. We have scarce resources to begin with as it is, and they are best spent on something constuctive.Unfortunately, we do not seem to have any shortage of ideas on what new items IV should be working on.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:23 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ishwindersidhu is on a distinguished road

I think there is a bipartisan support for the schedule A visa recapture and moreover its a nations documented shortage professions. I think this recapture of nurse visas is imminent no matter what we do.I think our focus should be undiluted towards the CIR, and it should not divert our focus from that. Opposing the nurse shortage would in fact show is in a poor light and we should make an reasonable yet a firm approach towards a long term approach to the issue.There is allready a talk to completely exempt nurses from the visa cap, and i hence feel our opposition would appear irrational. Really appreciate what IV been doing, there is no quick fix to the problem, the goal should be approached systematically and persistently.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mpoov is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do not Pull the leg

Nurses are already under shortage occupation list, even though some articles says otherwise! Their visas stopped from Ja. 2007. US hospitals will definitley feel the heat within months, since, much awaited their nurses are on hold at their parent country. US Hospitals have already invested funds for their CGFNS, RN. petitoning etc. Their emergency rooms will be overcrowded.. and wards will be shut down.. if visas not approved soon. .. Senators have always soft corner in health industry.. and they will not allow public to feel the heat..Blocking nurses visa will definitely put us in bad picture before the american public..

Last edited by mpoov; 02-13-2007 at 04:49 AM.