Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2007, 04:44 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ishwindersidhu is on a distinguished road

are you a nurse??
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/24/2006
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
Dakota Newfie is a glorious beacon of light Dakota Newfie is a glorious beacon of light Dakota Newfie is a glorious beacon of light Dakota Newfie is a glorious beacon of light Dakota Newfie is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Nurses and PT's not the only healthcare professionals!

I am a healthcare professional on an H-1B because I am not a nurse nor a PT so I don't fit into that elite Schedule A Club! Ironically, there is a far greater shortage of professionals in my field than in nursing (PT's are still in high demand), but I don't qualify for Schedule A so I'm stuck between two worlds. To be quite honest, I'd rather be stuck in limbo with you guys than to be grouped with them any way! Keep hoping, keep smiling and something good will happen!

Old 02-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Chargeability
:
Venezuela
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Compare
andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaca
What categories are covered by health care professional? Which of these categories are Schedule A? Thanks.
Schedule A

(a) Group I:

(1) Persons who will be employed as physical therapists, and who possess all the qualifications necessary to take the physical therapist licensing examination in the state in which they propose to practice physical therapy.

(2) Aliens who will be employed as professional nurses

(3) Definitions of Group I occupations:

(i) Physical therapist means a person who applies the art and science of physical therapy to the treatment of patients with disabilities, disorders and injuries to relieve pain, develop or restore function, and maintain performance, using physical means, such as exercise, massage, heat, water, light, and electricity, as prescribed by a physician (or a surgeon).

(ii) Professional nurse means a person who applies the art and science of nursing which reflects comprehension of principles derived from the physical, biological and behavioral sciences. Professional nursing generally includes making clinical judgments involving the observation, care and counsel of persons requiring nursing care; administering of medicines and treatments prescribed by the physician or dentist; and participation in the activities for the promotion of health and prevention of illness in others. A program of study for professional nurses generally includes theory and practice in clinical areas such as obstetrics, surgery, pediatrics, psychiatry, and medicine.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/24/2006
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
Dakota Newfie is a glorious beacon of light Dakota Newfie is a glorious beacon of light Dakota Newfie is a glorious beacon of light Dakota Newfie is a glorious beacon of light Dakota Newfie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Schedule A Professionals

Schedule A is basically limited to nurses and physiotherapists - I have not heard of any others being included. Radiology professions (MRI, CT techs, etc.) are in high demand but are not include, though i don't know why?

Old 02-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Exceptional Ability is also covered in Sch. A

Hi

though most part of Sch-A is doctors and Nurses it also covers under its Categorey II EXCEPTIONAL ABILITY PROFESSIONALS in ARTS AND SCIENCES. So some of the PhDs, Scientists and academics are also covered under Sch-A.

I think to oppose Sch-A s effort or H-1 B is counter productive to the IV's goal as both of these categorey include wide ranging support from Health as well as Tech Industry. More over Labor Department have already accepted by giving BALANKET APPROVAL TO SCH-A that THEY ARE THE SHORTAGE OCCUPATIONS. so there is established precedent for that.

We should focus more on PACE, SKILL or OTHER education or energy bills and try to accomodate over concerns and points in those rather than focusing on CIR, which is most likely to be in discussions only till PRESIDENT for 2009 take over his tenure. No body wants to touch it, they just want to get hispanic votes so will tell that they want to do this but will not do it as it takes away several moderate conservative votes.

Due to involvement of US EDUCATED WORKFORCE as well as BACKING from ACADEMIC, TECH and OTHER lobies SKIL is more favorable option compare to CIR.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
factoryman is on a distinguished road
Default Cut the crap.

Appropriating ALL unused EB3 visas from previous years, AGAIN, for Sch. A workers is what is being attempted to be stopped.

We are vehemently opposing and demanding such unused EB3 visas be allocated to all. We had already faxed to important members of Congress to stop this. Please read/browse the entire thread before you even attempt to post your first post.

I wrote here, in response to crocodile tears like yours and I quote:
The issue is retrogression and not hopital and health care economics (and public policy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpoov
Nurses are already under shortage occupation list, even though some articles says otherwise! Their visas stopped from Ja. 2007. US hospitals will definitley feel the heat within months, since, much awaited their nurses are on hold at their parent country. US Hospitals have already invested funds for their CGFNS, RN. petitoning etc. Their emergency rooms will be overcrowded.. and wards will be shut down.. if visas not approved soon. .. Senators have always soft corner in health industry.. and they will not allow public to feel the heat..Blocking nurses visa will definitely put us in bad picture before the american public..

Last edited by factoryman; 02-13-2007 at 11:11 AM.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute
Default H1b type non-immigrant visas are available for nurses?

Hi,
Many posts on this thread suggest that there is no H1B type visa for nurses and so they have to come on only greencard; and that is why Health lobby is trying hard to GRAB 90K unused visas (note: I consider this as a grab because from skill/CIR bills; we are trying to recapture unused visas and make them available to ALL EB immigrants rather than allocating them to one special group). But according to this news item on immigration-law there seems a non-immigrant visa H1C available for nurses. Is this true? am I misreading this?

==========news item follows==================
02/13/2007: DOL Announcement of Processing of H-1C Labor Attestations

The Nursing Relief for Disadvantaged Areas Reauthorization Act of 2005 took effect December 20, 2006. The Act reauthorized the H-1C nonimmigrant nurses program, a program originally created by the Nursing Relief for Disadvantaged Areas Act of 1999. Under this program, eligible hospitals file attestations with the Department of Labor, Office of Foreign Labor Certification which, if approved, will support nonimmigrant worker petitions filed with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. The Department of Health and Human Services has informed the Office of Foreign Labor Certification that the same hospitals eligible for the original program continue to be eligible. These were listed in the Department of Labor's Interim Final Rule implementing its portion of the H-1C program published on August 22, 2000 (65 Fed. Reg. 51138). The Employment and Training Administration, under the authority of the new public law, is reinstating the H-1C labor attestation program and is accepting applications by qualified hospitals. Eligible hospitals should be advised that the now-expired OFLC form (ETA 9081), Attestations by Facilities Temporarily Employing H-1C Nonimmigrant Aliens as Registered Nurses, has not been authorized by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for current use. However, the OFLC will accept applications using the expired form until a new form is approved by the OMB. The attestations are made enforceable by the 2005 Act. ETA is in the process of revising the form under the OMB clearance process, and taking other appropriate regulatory action. Once approved by OMB, employers will be required to use only the new form.
==============================

Old 02-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/03/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/03/2004
Compare
abhaykul is on a distinguished road

We have failed again and again in getting our provisions through. ( every body knows why) I would recommend, core team to explore if we can tag our efforts with Schedule A sponsors to increase our chances of success.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Yes, no need to grab unused EB3 visas. Oppose it.

Keep your vigil. Research and google it. Use these terms. "nurse" and "retrogression" and "unused" and "visa"

Yes nk2006, you are right. Anyone interested, go to the other side and see. A simple departmental notification is accomodating the nurses.

Good News: Non-immigrant visa, H-1C, is back and now available for Filipino nurses

Quote:
In our December articles, Non-immigrant work visa for Filipino Nurses and The US needs a special visa for Filipino Nurses, we discussed the H-1C visa classification, which was created in 1999 to relieve the nursing shortage in the US but which had expired in 2005. However, due to the increased shortage in nursing and the retrogression of immigrant visas, which the regular temporary work visa or H-1B can not accommodate, the United States has finally made a move to address the problem in the nursing shortage.

Today, February 12th, the Department of Labor announces the Nursing Relief for Disadvantaged Areas Reauthorization Act 2005. The reauthorization took effect on December 20, 2006. This Act reauthorized the H-1C non-immigrant nurses program, a program originally created by the Nursing Relief for Disadvantaged Areas Act of 1999. The program allows employers to file attestations with the Department of Labor, Office of the Labor Certification (OFLC).
Quote:
Originally Posted by nk2006
Hi,
Many posts on this thread suggest that there is no H1B type visa for nurses and so they have to come on only greencard; and that is why Health lobby is trying hard to GRAB 90K unused visas

Old 02-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/15/2007
Compare
nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of

If you do some more research before writing you will realize that H1C are limited to 500 visas a year and the conditions for selecting the hospitals allowed to sponsor is so stringent only 14 hospitals or so in all US qualify. Here is some more info.

http://shusterman.com/h1cfaq.html

Also here is a list of 14 hospitals in all of US who qualify. There is not even 1 hospital that qualifies in majority of states.

http://shusterman.com/h1chosp.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by nk2006
Hi,
Many posts on this thread suggest that there is no H1B type visa for nurses and so they have to come on only greencard; and that is why Health lobby is trying hard to GRAB 90K unused visas (note: I consider this as a grab because from skill/CIR bills; we are trying to recapture unused visas and make them available to ALL EB immigrants rather than allocating them to one special group). But according to this news item on immigration-law there seems a non-immigrant visa H1C available for nurses. Is this true? am I misreading this?

==========news item follows==================
02/13/2007: DOL Announcement of Processing of H-1C Labor Attestations

The Nursing Relief for Disadvantaged Areas Reauthorization Act of 2005 took effect December 20, 2006. The Act reauthorized the H-1C nonimmigrant nurses program, a program originally created by the Nursing Relief for Disadvantaged Areas Act of 1999. Under this program, eligible hospitals file attestations with the Department of Labor, Office of Foreign Labor Certification which, if approved, will support nonimmigrant worker petitions filed with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. The Department of Health and Human Services has informed the Office of Foreign Labor Certification that the same hospitals eligible for the original program continue to be eligible. These were listed in the Department of Labor's Interim Final Rule implementing its portion of the H-1C program published on August 22, 2000 (65 Fed. Reg. 51138). The Employment and Training Administration, under the authority of the new public law, is reinstating the H-1C labor attestation program and is accepting applications by qualified hospitals. Eligible hospitals should be advised that the now-expired OFLC form (ETA 9081), Attestations by Facilities Temporarily Employing H-1C Nonimmigrant Aliens as Registered Nurses, has not been authorized by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for current use. However, the OFLC will accept applications using the expired form until a new form is approved by the OMB. The attestations are made enforceable by the 2005 Act. ETA is in the process of revising the form under the OMB clearance process, and taking other appropriate regulatory action. Once approved by OMB, employers will be required to use only the new form.

Last edited by nozerd; 02-13-2007 at 01:51 PM.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chiecoli is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down factory man!!!

STOP sour graping!!!!! lol!!!! looks like your having a nervous breakdown, or stress induced gastritis, or a cardiac arrest! STOP acting like a CRAB!!!! leave the nurses alone!!!!! concentrate on our goals here in immigration voice!!!!! pulling others progress and sucess down wont help our visions. be SMART FACTORYMAN. It is clearly stated in the rules of the NVC visa bulletin that scheduled A nurses are entitled to up to 50,000 "recaptured " numbers.... AND SHEDULED A nurses and PT are the only two occupation on the SHORTAGE LIST of the DEPARTMENT OF STATE!!!!!

Third: Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Other Workers: 28.6% of the worldwide level, plus any numbers not required by first and second
preferences, not more than 10,000 of which to "Other Workers".

Schedule A Workers: Employment First, Second, and Third preference Schedule A applicants are entitled to up to 50,000 “recaptured” numbers.

once again to factory man!!!!! STOP ACTING LIKE A CRAB!!!!! GET rid of THOSE NASTY CRAB MENTALLITY YOUve got in your brain cells!!!!!!

Old 02-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Really.

Becoming aware of what is holding back is what I am trying to achieve. When you have such awareness, you also have the ability to change.

The proof of the pudding is in eating. I beleive we have stopped HLGs and others from stealing unused EB3 visas exclusively for one retrogressed category.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiecoli

Old 02-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chiecoli is on a distinguished road
Default Factory Man ( The Crab )

FACTORYMAN. It is clearly stated in the rules of the NVC visa bulletin that scheduled A nurses are entitled to up to 50,000 "recaptured " numbers.... AND SHEDULED A nurses and PT are the only two occupation on the SHORTAGE LIST of the DEPARTMENT OF STATE!!!!!

Third: Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Other Workers: 28.6% of the worldwide level, plus any numbers not required by first and second
preferences, not more than 10,000 of which to "Other Workers".

Schedule A Workers: Employment First, Second, and Third preference Schedule A applicants are entitled to up to 50,000 “recaptured” numbers.

"if you can't be happy for others then you'll never be happy yourselves...your being self-righteous & "seem-to-know-it-all attitude" will get you nowhere..."

once again STOP ACTING like a CRAB!!!!!

nurses are not stealing the recaptured VISA those recaptured visa are specially alloted to them by the DEPARTMENT OF STATE!!!! cant you undestand simple and concrete rules!!!!!!!

Old 02-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Let me know if I can be of help.

My posts at IV is to help IV and its members to be on the virtual vigil and to achieve IVs stated goals. I firmly beleive my threads and posts generally have a very positive comments from real IV members.

It is clearly members like chiecoli that are really upset.

Short of substance and material. Let me know if I can be of help from my skills, research and ability.

It seems nurses are more frustrated because their H1B visas are getting rejected by the tons over there at Philipines. Read straight from the source.

I am not going to take anything by staying quiet. Give me your next salvo. I am ready with more research.

Old 02-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whoever is on a distinguished road

factoryman, looks like chlei or whatever has wrong information. i guess he/she is presuming "Schedule A applicants are entitled to up to 50,000 “recaptured” numbers." even now.
chlei or whatever, that is not true. those 50000 expired jan 2007 or sometime around and i agree with factoryman that we must stop them from geting our unused visas again this year. i have written to some senators listed on HLG blog