Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future

There goes the supplemental bill and any hopes of getting any relief by Feb 15th.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070213/...xea1qWeR3MWM0F

However, logiclife has indicated that there is a very good chance of CIR being debated in the Senate sometime in March so we should get ready for that now. Folks who were opposed to I-485 provision must be having a great day today.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2007, 03:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
factoryman is on a distinguished road
Default Vigil increase bugle.

Thanks GCard_Dream.
Sleuths. Bring out your magnifying glasses, pen-torches. Search the bill and look for 'unused', 'visa' and 'Sch A'.

This vote is a test only and so no time to relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCard_Dream
There goes the supplemental bill and any hopes of getting any relief by Feb 15th.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070213/...xea1qWeR3MWM0F

However, logiclife has indicated that there is a very good chance of CIR being debated in the Senate sometime in March so we should get ready for that now. Folks who were opposed to I-485 provision must be having a great day today.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sudmoni is on a distinguished road

pmpforgc
I am a physician and have not heard doctors are included in Sch A category. I wish u were correct but unfortunately u are not.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chiecoli is on a distinguished road
Default Factory Man (what Is Going To Your Goal)

factory man dont talk non-sense!!!!!! what is the goal your trying to achive!!!!! will you get anything????? tell us! if we suceed in preventing the release of 90,000 visa for scheduled A (nurses and PT. do you think they would allocate these visa for H1B... i dont think so factory man.

factory man just always look at both sides of the coin.

HLG is also firmly committed to EB relief for other classes -- such as the reform pushed by the SKIL Bill proponents, AILA, immigrationvoice, and other like minded groups and is actively lobbying for those reforms as well. Our experience in advocacy is that the worst thing that can happen is that like minded groups pull others down. We've never talked to a Congressional staffer who believes that there is a "zero-sum" of immigrant visas. Our opinion is that we should all work together to help all visa classes, and that no one who wants EB visa reform should lobby against, say, a Schedule A carve-out.

Those commentors in favor of immigration reform should also recognize that a Schedule A carve-out helps ALL EB visa applicants by taking visas out of the general EB3 visa classification. In other words, every EB3 applicant moves that much closer to the end of retrogression.

STOP ACTING LIKE A CRAB (GET RID OF THE CRAB MENTALITY)

remember "ENVY IS ONE THE MOST DEADLIEST SIN"