Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
factoryman is on a distinguished road
Default Demand relief on equal footing ....

This is THE time. We must sign on to this pony express and push our relief.
1. Fax to the same people listed here in the quote.
2. Fax to your HR/Attorney demanding a relief on the levels of Sch A be given to us.
3. Write letters to editors.
4. Maintain a table on the top of the thread and update the above action #s.

Please send emails and PMs to your friends, fellow IV members etc, etc.

No other threads please, till we get concrete action on this. And don't wait for direction from core IV. We can act independently.

Quote:
ADVOCACY ALERT: RETROGRESSION: WE'RE GETTING CLOSE

HLG has confirmed that the Senate leadership is comfortable with a proposal to solve retrogression for Schedule A occupation -- registered nurses and physical therapists. It was through grassroots advocacy that we were able to explain to the Senate leadership just how important this issue is. Thank you to everyone who made an effort.

We now must turn our efforts toward the House.

If anyone works with or at any hospitals in the following Representatives' districts, please contact Chris Musillo (cmusillo@hammondlawfirm.com; 513-381-2011 x223) ASAP.

Rep. Lofgren (D - CA) : 16th District - San Jose

Rep. Eshoo (D- CA) : 14th District - San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Cruz

Rep. Pelosi (D - CA) : 8th District - San Francisco and north

Essentially anyone who is located in the Bay Area and wants to see retrogression solved should contact their hospital leadership and see if they are willing to make a few phone calls and sign onto a letter. If they are willing to do that, please let Chris know ASAP. Chris can then explain exactly what needs to be done.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

We're getting close
LINK

Last edited by factoryman; 02-10-2007 at 08:20 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice

All three- Lofgren, Eshoo and Pelosi- represent the High Tech areas of California, Silicon Valley and the areas around it. I'm sure there are many immigrants/IV members in those areas. We need to have a webfax and phone campaign to get interim relief now. Folks in that area can viist lawmakers offices too. Maybe CompeteAmerica wants to recapture H1 visas and EB visas for high tech immigrants too??

In 2005, a special 50K quota was carved out for Sch A. Now they're talking about another 90K quota exclusively for Sch A. I'm not against Sch A relief, but for once we High tech immigrants need relief too. We've been waiting 5 years for our Green Cards and still no end in sight!!

Old 02-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgan
All three- Lofgren, Eshoo and Pelosi- represent the High Tech areas of California, Silicon Valley and the areas around it. I'm sure there are many immigrants/IV members in those areas. We need to have a webfax and phone campaign to get interim relief now. Folks in that area can viist lawmakers offices too. Maybe CompeteAmerica wants to recapture H1 visas and EB visas for high tech immigrants too??

In 2005, a special 50K quota was carved out for Sch A. Now they're talking about another 90K quota exclusively for Sch A. I'm not against Sch A relief, but for once we High tech immigrants need relief too. We've been waiting 5 years for our Green Cards and still no end in sight!!
Its all because of corporate lobby. Corp america actually likes the H1B slave
nature thats why they never actively lobby for Green card reform for IT
professionals.

But nurses cant be hired on H1B therefore the corp lobby pushes for
Green Card reform for nurses.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whoever is on a distinguished road

and i have a feeling they will really get those 90000 from pool of prious years unused eb visas. i dont think it is rumor or just someone without knowing what they are doing writing on a blog and spreading rumor.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Macaca., of all knowledgeable folks around here...

et tu.

So many posts, so many links have been done on this. One of the main reasons, eb3 is so backlogged is this legal and greedy snatching of unused HB3 visas from 200 to 2005.

I see point and counter-point, but no action yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaca
Where did the 50K visas come from? Where will the 90K visas come from?

Are they from the total pool of 144K/year or is this an additional amount (144K + 90K) allocated for health care?

Who is included in health care? Thanks.

Last edited by factoryman; 02-09-2007 at 08:08 PM.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2005
Compare
pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future
Default no corporate push for EB reform

The reason we see progress year after year with Schedule A and nothing happens in EB reform because there is no corporate support for EB reform. This is one of the reaons why we should be open for measure like 485 whenever possible, even after febuary 15th.

Maybe we need to figure out how we can involve the corporations in EB relief. The only reasons we see Schedule A relief every year because there is a strong health industry lobby driving this. the worst part about this is that these 90,000 and 50,000 which were released last year and they are trying now are comming from the unused\recaptured visas from previous years. there is no country limit in the unused\recaptured visas for Schedule A.

when it comes to us we cannot get unused visas and added to that somebody always tries to add country limit to even unused\recaptured visas. Its a double whammy for EB retrogression. May god help us.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Now, at the last minute...

Your points are good. It is like a group of surgeons, coming out of OT (Operation Theatre), sweating it out, congradulating each other, and saying, 'the operation was successful. but in the end the patient died'.

We need a direct approach to stall this unethical cornering of 90000 visas exclusively for Sch A workers. To put it in an American way, PERIOD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitha
The reason we see progress year after year with Schedule A and nothing happens in EB reform because there is no corporate support for EB reform. This is one of the reaons why we should be open for measure like 485 whenever possible, even after febuary 15th.

Maybe we need to figure out how we can involve the corporations in EB relief. The only reasons we see Schedule A relief every year because there is a strong health industry lobby driving this. the worst part about this is that these 90,000 and 50,000 which were released last year and they are trying now are comming from the unused\recaptured visas from previous years. there is no country limit in the unused\recaptured visas for Schedule A.

when it comes to us we cannot get unused visas and added to that somebody always tries to add country limit to even unused\recaptured visas. Its a double whammy for EB retrogression. May god help us.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
Alien is a glorious beacon of light Alien is a glorious beacon of light Alien is a glorious beacon of light Alien is a glorious beacon of light Alien is a glorious beacon of light Alien is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation

Shouldnt this be promoted as an IV action item?Can we setup a webfax?

Old 02-10-2007, 06:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure about the statement "There is no corporate support for EB reform.....". Check this link http://www.competeamerica.org/. They seem to have the same agenda as ours (i.e., IV's). Is IV aware (or in collaboration) with them?

Quote:

Old 02-10-2007, 07:46 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal_Hope
I am not sure about the statement "There is no corporate support for EB reform.....". Check this link http://www.competeamerica.org/. They seem to have the same agenda as ours (i.e., IV's). Is IV aware (or in collaboration) with them?
competeamerica is just doing lip service to the EB. Their real agenda is more
H1B. When time comes to compromise they will gladly sacrifice EB reform
for more H1B visa (mark my works!!!!!)

Old 02-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2005
Compare
pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future

As the saying goes “the proof is in the pudding" anybody can give statements but it is the results that matter. What results has compete america achieved, they are just giving lip service. Contrast them with the health industry lobby which has achieved results year after year. Compete america ultimate goal is more h1b which they will achieve one way or the other.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying compete america is bad, I am just saying there focus is on H1b and not as much on EB relief. If they face a hypothetical situation where they can get either H1 or EB, they would gladly choose h1, that’s the bottom line. Its better to have somebody like compete america rather than nobody, but we need a corporate lobby whose main focus is eb relief.

And there is an important lesson to be learned from the health industry lobby. They just did not say they want CIR or skil and then went back when both cir and skil failed. They started chipping away at individual items like 50000 visas for Schedule A last year and 90000 this year from unused\recaptured visas. We should also be asking for our individual line item, 485 measure. This is how a war is won, one battle at a time. It is unrealistic to have an "all or nothing" attitude that people opposing 485 measure have. If the health industry lobby had such "all or nothing" attitude they would not have got the 50000 visas last year nor would they have been trying to get the 90000 this year. Hope we learn from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal_Hope

Last edited by pitha; 02-10-2007 at 09:51 AM.

Old 02-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
raju123 is on a distinguished road

With a due respect, I am differ with your statement on Competeamerica. Competeamerica has always promoted H1B and EB provision together. I haven't seen any time that they promoted only H1B.

I spoke with one guy at Competeamerica and he told me that IV is neutral on H1B issue eventhough all members have came through that root. Personally I am very positive with Competeamerica and it is not good for us to speak negative for this organization.

Quote:
As the saying goes ďthe proof is in the pudding" anybody can give statements but it is the results that matter. What results has compete america achieved, they are just giving lip service. Contrast them with the health industry lobby which has achieved results year after year. Compete america ultimate goal is more h1b which they will achieve one way or the other.

Donít get me wrong, I am not saying compete america is bad, I am just saying there focus is on H1b and not as much on EB relief. If they face a hypothetical situation where they can get either H1 or EB, they would gladly choose h1, thatís the bottom line. Its better to have somebody like compete america rather than nobody, but we need a corporate lobby whose main focus is eb relief.

And there is an important lesson to be learned from the health industry lobby. They just did not say they want CIR or skil and then went back when both cir and skil failed. They started chipping away at individual items like 50000 visas for Schedule A last year and 90000 this year from unused\recaptured visas. We should also be asking for our individual line item, 485 measure. This is how a war is won, one battle at a time. It is unrealistic to have an "all or nothing" attitude that people opposing 485 measure have. If the health industry lobby had such "all or nothing" attitude they would not have got the 50000 visas last year nor would they have been trying to get the 90000 this year. Hope we learn from them.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju123
With a due respect, I am differ with your statement on Competeamerica. Competeamerica has always promoted H1B and EB provision together. I haven't seen any time that they promoted only H1B.

I spoke with one guy at Competeamerica and he told me that IV is neutral on H1B issue eventhough all members have came through that root. Personally I am very positive with Competeamerica and it is not good for us to speak negative for this organization.
I know CA promotes both , but issue is whether they do that equally.
I have a feeling h1b is more on agenda.
Just that you belive what they are saying....either way u will see when h1b gets increased without eb reform.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare

Quote:

H1B was misused and abused so much by the industry that the local
population has become hostile to the whole concept of foreign engineers/IT workers. Companies like Infosys, TCS hire 100% IT staff from India etc.
(saying that no US citizen/GC available...thats like lying in broad daylight)

Nurses came on Green cards and were free to change jobs etc. so
they affected the local job market to a far lesser degree so the opposition
is less.

Old 02-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2004
Compare
485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute

It will be really demoralizing if we see Schedule A relief without any for EB guys.