Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default lawmaker meetings

dear friends,

hopefully many of you are actively trying to meet or otherwise contact your lawmakers with the active assistance of your state chapters.
in the MN-MW group we had a first lawmaker meeting today and another one is scheduled for tomorrow. we feel that feedback on such meetings may be very beneficial to all. i am however uncertain about posting this on a public forum. advice from the core on this matter would be helpful. also, core members - would you like to be briefed on these meetings? how would you like us to do this? after these two meetings, a conference call may be beneficial, if core members can be present. like minded members from other chapters could also be invited.
please post views on this matter. thanks!

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iptel will become famous soon enough
Default Positive or Negetive

Quote:
Originally Posted by paskal
dear friends,

. we feel that feedback on such meetings may be very beneficial to all. i am however uncertain about posting this on a public forum. advice from the core on this matter would be helpful. also, core members - would you like to be briefed on these meetings? how would you like us to do this? after these two meetings, a conference call may be beneficial, if core members can be present. like minded members from other chapters could also be invited.
Just curious if outcome of the meeting was positive. Any way great job folks members like you make IV shine.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default positive

short meeting but very encouraging response
asked for all the supporting documents- i had taken a packet, they promised to get back with any questions within a week and then create a policy document to forward to the DC office. the lawmaker expressed full support for highly skilled immigrants.

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 02-22-2007, 10:34 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the effort. Hope more members follow you.
pls inform other members when you meet a lawmaker. Try not to name them on the forum. Otherwise next day you may see several anti-immigrants at their doorstep.
tell some good pointers to other members and encourage them to continue the 'meet the lawmakers' drive. Organize conference call and share your experience. Answer any question, any member has regarding 'meet the lawmaker' based on your experience.

Seperately inform core team (send email to info at immigrationvoice.org) and tell us which lawmaker you met and what was your experience. Sometimes we maybe meeting/try to renew the contact with that lawmaker in DC/or will try to take a follow up appointment and use your feedback and your meeting to our advantage.

Last edited by pappu; 02-23-2007 at 12:36 AM.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/07/2007
Compare
GCKaIntezar is on a distinguished road
Default Way to go!

Kudos!

That's a great effort Paskal and MN-MW members. Keep up the good work.

-GCKaIntezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by paskal
dear friends,

hopefully many of you are actively trying to meet or otherwise contact your lawmakers with the active assistance of your state chapters.
in the MN-MW group we had a first lawmaker meeting today and another one is scheduled for tomorrow. we feel that feedback on such meetings may be very beneficial to all. i am however uncertain about posting this on a public forum. advice from the core on this matter would be helpful. also, core members - would you like to be briefed on these meetings? how would you like us to do this? after these two meetings, a conference call may be beneficial, if core members can be present. like minded members from other chapters could also be invited.