Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by niklshah View Post
yes buddy i am paying my SSN without noise. rite now its no time to ask US govt for all this stupid things. Country is in crises and u are suppose to support country in whatever way u can rather than demand for your money back... thats my logic i dont know urs..
Which is easier for US govt ?

Printing that silly white GC ( material worth a few tens of dollars)
Paying back SS and MC deductions which was illegally withheld ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pani_6 View Post
Our Esteemed PM was in talk with Prez GB about a year ago to get back the SS and MC money paid for all H1B's who have paid into the system but would not get a dime from it..please could somebody with good writing skills would write a letter to PM so that all people can mail/Fax/Email our Respected PM urging him to take this issue up with the new administration. Also we need to request our PM to take up the issue of lenghty delays we face.
Let us get back to business.

Please bring up some points we should mention in the letter.
We will draft a letter once we have the points.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc28262 View Post
Which is easier for US govt ?

Printing that silly white GC ( material worth a few tens of dollars)
Paying back SS and MC deductions which was illegally withheld ?
By which authority are you giving US Govt these options? Why did you not include one more option to the list and that is "do neither of the above"

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopein07 View Post
By which authority are you giving US Govt these options? Why did you not include one more option to the list and that is "do neither of the above"
Because I am the authority
I was generous enough to give the option of printing GC.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc28262 View Post
Because I am the authority
I was generous enough to give the option of printing GC.
Your generosity is well appreciated. Could you be generous enough to forgo your SS/MC taxes also for the sake of some sick old people?

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Default take this analogy.

You work is a big corporation on a very critical project. Now one day you see their is a process which actually makes you (the developer) code the same thing 3 times.

This process has been in practice for many years, for some reason of the past. Now this doesn't make sense. There are some members of the management who do not want to change the process as they get a free copy of the code without any effort.

What would you do , just resign and what out, or raise your voice to change the process as it makes so much addition work for you.

"Pack you bags" is by and for the quitters in every race.. are you the one?
What I think is "Where I stand , thats my place with all rights and privileges" and will fight for it if anyone denies me of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niklshah View Post
Did Obama came to ur house and forced u to stay in this country??? If u are not comfortable than feel free to take action and pay the money where u can get it back...

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

--------------------------
Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2028.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2007
Compare
pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of
Default I have updated a letter..please send it out Asap

have attached a letter to our PM..please
email it ,
mail it
email it to your parents and ask them to post it.
or FAX it

Send it to PM , External Affairs Minister, and NRI Minister.
Attached Files
File Type: doc RequestPM.doc (24.0 KB, 52 views)

Old 06-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare

Quote:
email it ,
mail it
or FAX it

You may want to remove your personal details from the letter.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts
Default did u just wake up..

ghade..
a.) Dont give half cooked information...

India has been in negotiations with US for the past 10 years on this issue. But after the nuclear deal.. Bush admin showed some inclination to conclude that deal...but i think that was all a sham...
there was some concession.. i think ppl who work here for less than 3 years can move their SS to India..but not to their pvt acc..but to the PPF (the indian pension fund)... and if you have worked here for 10 years and move back to india.. you are eligible for pension ...in US or in India...

i think indias are responsible for the delayt.....As india has no comparable SS scheme..(like most western countries)....so if u are following the news..u will see the indian govt plans to revamp the pension scheme..and a bill has been introduced in the parliament... it will happen when it will happen.... so ur letter campaign will make you guys look stupid (to be mild)

Quote:
Our Esteemed PM was in talk with Prez GB about a year ago to get back the SS and MC money paid for all H1B's who have paid into the system but would not get a dime from it..please could somebody with good writing skills would write a letter to PM so that all people can mail/Fax/Email our Respected PM urging him to take this issue up with the new administration. Also we need to request our PM to take up the issue of lenghty delays we face.

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2007
Compare
gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I am in it..let me know if you need any help.

We shud first get the letter drafted properly..and then probably put it in a bog or open a group in LinkedIn...once we get sizeable "digital" signatures then we can send it top leaders in India..

Let me know...Lets not let this die just like every other item

485 Approved 08/18/2010

Old 06-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unseenguy is just really nice unseenguy is just really nice unseenguy is just really nice unseenguy is just really nice unseenguy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointlesswait View Post
ghade..
a.) Dont give half cooked information...

India has been in negotiations with US for the past 10 years on this issue. But after the nuclear deal.. Bush admin showed some inclination to conclude that deal...but i think that was all a sham...
there was some concession.. i think ppl who work here for less than 3 years can move their SS to India..but not to their pvt acc..but to the PPF (the indian pension fund)... and if you have worked here for 10 years and move back to india.. you are eligible for pension ...in US or in India...

i think indias are responsible for the delayt.....As india has no comparable SS scheme..(like most western countries)....so if u are following the news..u will see the indian govt plans to revamp the pension scheme..and a bill has been introduced in the parliament... it will happen when it will happen.... so ur letter campaign will make you guys look stupid (to be mild)
I remember the story of a man who invented the motor boat. Proud of his achievements, he called a group of people to display his invention. Everyone was suspicious as to how could something race off let alone float on water. The group gathered near the hudson river and criticized the man saying "it won't work", then when the man pushed his boat in the water, they gasped as it floated. When he set off, one pessimist shouted, watch out you may just get drowned.

Last edited by unseenguy; 06-21-2009 at 05:03 PM.

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts
Default wah ..brilliant

ah...ppl like you..
U see a pile of elephant poop and think that is a mountain to climb... I applaud the initiative..but the the real issue is something else...focus on that...

btw...
read the f&^&* news......Mr.Current Affairs.

do you even know why the indian govt recently introduced a bill to reform and provide a SS blanket for all citizens... US cant release the funds as india has no comparable SS cover for its citizen ..so india has to put its house in order first... ( so thats the hold up....US has similar arrangements ith 20 countries ..because they have a SS plan thats in par)

And this issue already part of a larger indo-US deal....
This issue was first picked up during ABV tenure..then there was some initiative during MMS govt..until US cleverly linked this and other benefits with the Nuclear deal... so it will happen..sooner or later...

u guys look like fools....writing letters without understanding the real issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unseenguy View Post
I remember the story of a man who invented the motor boat. Proud of his achievements, he called a group of people to display his invention. Everyone was suspicious as to how could something race off let alone float on water. The group gathered near the hudson river and criticized the man saying "it won't work", then when the man pushed his boat in the water, they gasped as it floated. When he set off, one pessimist shouted, watch out you may just get drowned.

Last edited by pointlesswait; 06-22-2009 at 01:03 PM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare
mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of

1> Social Security is the world's biggest Ponzi scheme i.e. current investors pay for past investors. Ponzi schemes, like the one ran by Madoff, are illegal in the US. However, the US govt. seems to delude itself into thinking that social security is otherwise.

2> So if the social security is such a bad investment even in the US then why should India change its laws to provide a social security? Why cannot the US change its law so that an alien can choose to divest his money from the social security and medicare by paying a flat 30% tax, and if he does so then the US govt owes him and his family nothing here or abroad as part of welfare.

3> The social security and the medicare equivalent in India will only add another cubicle of corruption. Babus will ask money to "move" the file. Medicare does not even make sense in India because medical care is already subsidized by the Indian government.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundada View Post
1> Social Security is the world's biggest Ponzi scheme i.e. current investors pay for past investors. Ponzi schemes, like the one ran by Madoff, are illegal in the US. However, the US govt. seems to delude itself into thinking that social security is otherwise.

2> So if the social security is such a bad investment even in the US then why should India change its laws to provide a social security? Why cannot the US change its law so that an alien can choose to divest his money from the social security and medicare by paying a flat 30% tax, and if he does so then the US govt owes him and his family nothing here or abroad as part of welfare.

3> The social security and the medicare equivalent in India will only add another cubicle of corruption. Babus will ask money to "move" the file. Medicare does not even make sense in India because medical care is already subsidized by the Indian government.
mundada,

Rightly said. Why should India change its laws to accommodate some non-sense US laws ? Better change the US laws.

It is a known issue that US Social Security is a ponzi scheme. If the system was well designed, it would never face funds shortage when baby boomers retire.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/19/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
trramesh is a splendid one to behold trramesh is a splendid one to behold trramesh is a splendid one to behold trramesh is a splendid one to behold trramesh is a splendid one to behold trramesh is a splendid one to behold trramesh is a splendid one to behold
Default good letter

Quote:
email it ,
mail it
or FAX it

Hi,

The letter is good. There is a small correction in facts. "Indians who have completed the mandated 10 years and who are not permanent residents or citizens the law can easily be changed to disallow them to get these benefits when they retire". As of now, if an Indian does not hold a permenant resident card, 40 points in SS is down the drain and the money paid to SS is treated as right to work. This is what the customer service guy at SSA told me few weeks ago. The point is, the existing laws alreadys disallows these benefits.