Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 02:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sphere41 is a splendid one to behold sphere41 is a splendid one to behold sphere41 is a splendid one to behold sphere41 is a splendid one to behold sphere41 is a splendid one to behold sphere41 is a splendid one to behold
Default Glenn Beck: CNN Prime time No.1 Show. - Use this?

Guys,

http://www.glennbeck.com/home/index.shtml

Glenn Beck seems to be a very influential talk show host in CNN. His show has great ratings. Why don't we approach him?. He is totally an anti-ILLegal immigration guy.

So I guess let's try him as our cases are LEGAL and genuine. He is quite frank and has powerful media power.....He is daily bringing up the illegal immigration , so if he say something good on LEGAL immigration, then that will help us with the public image.

Hi Show time is: 6:00pm and 8:00pm EST in CNN - 1 hour show.

Any thoughts?

Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2007, 02:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/1999
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/11/1999
Compare
zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of

While you are at it.. why not lobby.. Lou Dobbs.. David Duke.. and Sean Hannity?!

These guyz flourish on the subtext of racist and white supramacist philosophies..
Anyone who's lived in the country for some time will realize how right wing hosts will attempt to conflate, confuse and spread mis-information.. their purpose is not to help *ANY* minorities..
They will lie, cheat, deceive .. basically do anything to make their point.. which is close the border, invade the world and WASPs have god-given right to exploit, murder, plunder all other races in perpetuity..

Old 03-16-2007, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not Really

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphere41
Guys,

Glenn Beck seems to be a very influential talk show host in CNN. His show has great ratings. Why don't we approach him?. He is totally an anti-ILLegal immigration guy.

So I guess let's try him as our cases are LEGAL and genuine. He is quite frank and has powerful media power.....He is daily bringing up the illegal immigration , so if he say something good on LEGAL immigration, then that will help us with the public image.

Hi Show time is: 6:00pm and 8:00pm EST in CNN - 1 hour show.

Any thoughts?

--
Senator Sessions, an ultra conservative also says he is against illegal immigration. In reality, we all saw him on the floor of the Senate last year. He is against any immigration.

Lets not be niave about this. It will cause us more harm then benefit.

Lets try to influence the law makers by meeting them rather than working through the broadcast news media. Print media is another avenue.

Last edited by gsc999; 03-16-2007 at 02:56 AM.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
GCisLottery is on a distinguished road
Default Forget about CNN

CNN has become a joke.

On a serious note, no news organization will take any story if it does not reflect popular sentiment. They just ride the wave.

IV Contributions: $155, contacted lawmakers(received canned responses).

H1: Started in Mar 2001
LC: EB3 Mar 2005 - Dead in Backlog Elimination Center
LC: EB3 May 2006 - PERM Approved
I-140: Nov '06 Approved (After RFE)
--
EB2 Porting:
LC Filed: March 30, 2012
LC Pre-Approval e-mail received: June 1, 2012
I-140 Approved: August 8, 2012
I-485 Approved: August 22, 2013

Old 03-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice
Arrow if u seriously want to go to news channels

...then go to CNBC and Bloomberg. So far most of the stuff they have put on air are very SKIL- Act friendly (yes specifically SKIL Act or its anticipated reincarnation). They have plugged the pro H1B/GC business lobbies several times now.

You don't need a blanket audience of Tom, Dick and Harry's (no offense). Just reach the decision-makers!

Old 03-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3India is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

Please get one thing in your mind, those who oppose illegal immigrants are mainly oppose immigratns of any kind PERIOD.

Glenn, Lou and company are playing about 200 years old game(divide and rule) with a new technology, as always they are using a easy target illegal immigrants to curb legal immigrants mainly H1B, these guys are smart enough and have resources to know our plight, you don't need to educate them, They are very well aware of current rotten immigration system and how they are effecting our life, They choose not discuss this on Air

Why you may ask, becasue current system is best suited to keep any type immigrants out in the door, they like current system and that is the reason they are opposing any kind of reform.

Please do not fall into the game of divide and rule, we can only win if we stay united as an immigrant community illegal legal does not really matter at this time

Old 03-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
asanghi is a jewel in the rough asanghi is a jewel in the rough asanghi is a jewel in the rough asanghi is a jewel in the rough
Default Glenn Beck? Oh yeah

I happened to see his show a couple of times. He seems to be completely on conservative agenda. He talks about every issue as if he is the only authority on the subject, but his line of reasoning leaves much to be desired. Last time a saw him, he was saying global warming is the biggest hoax of last 100 years. I don't think he will have a favourable view for us.
Partial Sponsor of a ticket to DC Rally

PD: June 2002
I-485 Filed: June 29th 2007

Old 03-16-2007, 12:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Barbados
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
diesel is on a distinguished road

Well put!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zCool
While you are at it.. why not lobby.. Lou Dobbs.. David Duke.. and Sean Hannity?!

These guyz flourish on the subtext of racist and white supramacist philosophies..
Anyone who's lived in the country for some time will realize how right wing hosts will attempt to conflate, confuse and spread mis-information.. their purpose is not to help *ANY* minorities..
They will lie, cheat, deceive .. basically do anything to make their point.. which is close the border, invade the world and WASPs have god-given right to exploit, murder, plunder all other races in perpetuity..