Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2006, 10:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
gc_maine2 is just really nice gc_maine2 is just really nice gc_maine2 is just really nice gc_maine2 is just really nice gc_maine2 is just really nice

Great work guys, Thanks to all the people who went to DC, I have recomneded my friends who are effected by retrogression to this site and asked to doante. Other who are still reading the forums and had not yet Donated please open up ur wallets and donate.. as its race against time., we should be ready before the bill hits the floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep
At the outset, I would like to thank the other participants for spending so much of their personal time and money in this effort in making a channelized approach to our lawmakers. The participants - WaldenPond, EB_Retrogression, StuckLabor, Sandeep, LogicLife, GCBronco, BlackLogs, Vin_A_99 - flew in from as far away as FL, GA, NV and KS and the rest made a long drive from PA & NJ to attend this 2 day meeting.

The objective was to meet with a lobbyist used by ISN (Rick Swartz) over the weekend (Jan 14th and 15th) . Mr. Swartz was kind enough to spare a lot of his time to explain to us his insights gained over 30 years of being in this field. We also had the benefit of meeting reputed people in this field like Denyse Sabagh (ex AILA general counsel and chair of legislative advocacy committee), Bo Cooper (ex General Counsel of the INS) and Judy Golub (ex Senior Director of Advocacy and Public Affairs at AILA) during this meeting.

We also had an opportunity to meet a prominent immigration lawyer Mr Rajiv Khanna whose portal - http://boards.immigrationportal.com - is one of the most frequented sites by the immigration community. It was really encouraging to get his support and guidance for immigrationvoice and we are really thankfull for his insights

We had a wealth of information, ideas and insights communicated to us by the people mentioned above. After this process of gathering inputs, we are currently evaluating the options and negotiating so as to arrive at an optimum arrangement representative of our needs and resources. A consistent message that has come across in all these meetings is not doing anything is the worst thing we can do.

Another point which has been consistently highlighted is the lack of resources - almost all of these lobbying efforts would involve a minimum of 25k upfront retainer fees at the minimum followed by an amount close to about 100k at the end of about a month. Hence we ask you to contribute and encourage friends, acquaintances, relatives who are in a similar position or have gone through this traumatic experience to contribute soon. If a thousand people contribute $100 each, we will reach our target. $100 is a lot of money but in the bigger scheme of things, it is twice the average monthly cable bill, and if we win our fight, it will have a lot more positive impact on our lives than cable does.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ragz4u is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Great work guys

Also, please announce meeting times/teleconference numbers next time a meeting is held. I am sure many, like me, would like to make a more meaningful/active contribution.

I would have loved to join you guys had I known about this. I did not know about the first teleconference meeting that I read about somewhere out here and was not aware of this meeting in DC either

In any case, please keep us updated on when the next meeting is (Waldenpond and EB_Retrogression, please check your IM). I live in Philadelphia and can volunteer to come to DC if needed.

Also, do we want to make a list of states and members in those individual states so that we know which states' lawmakers can be contacted by whom. Basically the responsibilty to contact the state senators/representatives can delegated to those ppl. What say?

Old 01-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb_retrogession is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragz4u
Also, please announce meeting times/teleconference numbers next time a meeting is held. I am sure many, like me, would like to make a more meaningful/active contribution.

I would have loved to join you guys had I known about this. I did not know about the first teleconference meeting that I read about somewhere out here and was not aware of this meeting in DC either

In any case, please keep us updated on when the next meeting is (Waldenpond and EB_Retrogression, please check your IM). I live in Philadelphia and can volunteer to come to DC if needed.

Also, do we want to make a list of states and members in those individual states so that we know which states' lawmakers can be contacted by whom. Basically the responsibilty to contact the state senators/representatives can delegated to those ppl. What say?

Yes, we absolutely need local representation. Infact it was one of our top To-Dos to have local teams and leadership formed.
As a voluteer, do u want to take ownership of this effort ragz? ofCourse we will all be helping, but we do need one person to take ownership of that. Pls let me know.

Old 01-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ragz4u is on a distinguished road
Default Please check your private messages, I just sent you one`

Thanks

Old 01-17-2006, 12:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
learning01 is on a distinguished road

How do we contribute? I want to send some money. Where is the link? It should be displayed prominently. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eb_retrogession
Yes, we absolutely need local representation. Infact it was one of our top To-Dos to have local teams and leadership formed.
As a voluteer, do u want to take ownership of this effort ragz? ofCourse we will all be helping, but we do need one person to take ownership of that. Pls let me know.

Old 01-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/10/2005
Compare
baburob2 is on a distinguished road

please look for the paypal link to the left in the home page. thx a lot for your contributions.

Old 01-17-2006, 01:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/13/2007
Compare
javaconsultant is on a distinguished road

Look Left bottom corner and click the text " Why Contribute " in the home page
Quote:
Originally Posted by learning01
How do we contribute? I want to send some money. Where is the link? It should be displayed prominently. Thanks.

Old 01-17-2006, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/13/2007
Compare
javaconsultant is on a distinguished road
Default Wonderful job !

Guys,

I thank all of you guys who met in DC.

I am asking all my friends to visit this site and contribute the cause.

Old 01-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/27/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
laststraw will become famous soon enough laststraw will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Good work and Good luck

Even though we have a lot of ground to clear, glad to hear about the progress made. Your time and effort are well appreciated by us.

Keep up the good work.

I have pointed my friends and colleagues to your website.

Old 01-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
: