Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2006, 04:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold

I really appriciate the work of the core members.

i actively particiapted in the tech workers yahoo group, irrespective of hard work by many it failed to make a huge impact, probably because of lack of clear leadership & focus but in the case of IV, the core team's active role and leadership makes our voice being heard in the media and in the US congress.

Thanks a lot.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
niceguy369 is on a distinguished road
Default Keep up the good work!!!!

To IV Core team:

You guys are awesome and please continue with your efforts. We are all behind you guys. Ignore those people who are indirectly diverting you guys. Guys like 'bheemi' instead of encoraging this guy discourages completely.

It is so sad that we have some members in our group working against us :-(

Thanks,
Nice Guy

Old 04-04-2006, 04:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of
Thumbs up quoting a chinese poem...

Pl. keep up the great work Core IV team...

"In the orderless fields a small path was formed because you walked there
Because you walked there it has become a highway that everyone uses."

Old 04-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Thanks for the great work!

Dear Core Team,

Many thanks for all the great work. Ignore all the negative comments.

Thanks

Old 04-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
masala dosa is on a distinguished road

one desi fella in my office came and asked me sme very irritating questions
like what if IV is a scam and they scoot with money
LOL but very irritating

so i send him the Lobster story on this thread and thanked him

many folks are apparently very BUSY ( read very busy) to hit webfax.

i tell them if you want to participate be our guest else dont generate unwanted rumours!!!!

In my view i am doing nothing when compared souls on the top of this ...
great motivation.
Keep up the good work..
Let techies be saved by this technology ..internet that unites folks who dont evenhave their real name on forum!!!
Good job guys

Old 04-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dixie will become famous soon enough

it might sound cliched by now, but what IV has achieved so far is truly unbelievable, especially given the historical laissez-faire attitude of our community.Remember what this group is essentially about : a bunch of people fighting for their just cause within their limited rights in an alien country. Its a huge pity that all those folks who think of IV and their GC as their entitlement get a free ride through the blood and sweat of a handful of people, whom they accuse of incompetance and worse. Great job core team .. with all this effort, success of some sort is inevitable.

Last edited by dixie; 04-04-2006 at 07:53 PM.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
satyab7 is on a distinguished road
Default Yes, Great efforts by IV Core Team.

I agree with all the folks who have written in support of Core Team. IV Core Team is doing a great job and I hope all will support it.

Old 04-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
a_to_z_gc will become famous soon enough
Default Keep it up guys!

Keep up the good work but be cautious- Not everyone will appreciate your efforts and be aware that I do appreciate your efforts!

I have myself talked to Congressman and the Senator in my community and know what it takes to drag yourself to take such initiatives....

Cheers!!!

Old 04-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Russia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
brkl1935 is on a distinguished road

Very appreciate for grate enthusiasm

Old 04-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of

I totally agree with the majority opinion here.
That IV is the best organised, dedicated organisation out there looking out for people I can identify with.
Have they done a good job? The question is the other way round. This is an open organisation. The core members are easily accessible. Anyone who is willing to contribute in terms of volunteer work, if not contribution, is more than welcome. What are You willing to do?
This is not a rhetorical question... I'm not what they call the core member.. I'm on the outermost orbit. I just contribute money (once, till now) and log in once in a while. But at least Iím doing something, and it makes me feel a little better that for a change, Iím contributing to a genuine bunch of people who are willing to make personal sacrifices for something that affects me.
That said, is all criticism bad? Here is where it gets a little tricky.
Why is that?? Lots of reasons.. About the dangers (and futility) of having a zero-tolerance for criticism in an open web-based community. Some of it, though, does provide a pointer to the complexity of the issue. For instance, one of IV's goal is to guard against discrimination against legal immigration. Queue jumping, in short. Yet, thousands of us are stuck in BEC's (Dallas and more importantly, Philly), awaiting a "labour" certificate. The whole process is idiotic and obviously there is something seriously fishy there since there has been no significant movement in years.. and everything is handed to a 'private' contractor for data entry and software development, and there is NO communication or transparency. (Yeah, you can blame my innate cynicism, but coming from where I come from, I can smell corruption a mile away - and this thing stinks!). Is it on IV's radar? I believe so, and there have been very clear and positive statements on strategy regarding this issue on IV.com. Also, I understand that the focus should be on maximising our efforts on the immediate issue, which is the legislation - especially given our limited resources.

But I would love to have it moved a little towards the centre of the radar screen rather than languishing on the periphery..

Last edited by Pineapple; 04-04-2006 at 11:04 PM.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2008
Compare
MerciesOfInjustices has a spectacular aura about MerciesOfInjustices has a spectacular aura about MerciesOfInjustices has a spectacular aura about
Default Great, solid work!

The idea for this organization was path-breaking to start with. On top of it all the hard work to sustain the effort, and advance it!

I became even more impressed when I had an opportunity to interact with some of the "The 12 Wise People"! In my profession and my life, I have seen a lot - it takes a lot to truely impress me. The effort & zeal- not even one per cent of which is visible to the public - has been illuminating.

Believe me, as things will unfold, everybody will realize how selflessly these people have led this struggle, and continue to do so! The benefits of this struggle will actually be available to one and all - the sceptic as well as the believer!

To borrow one of these guys' salutation - Cheers!