Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2007, 02:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-00
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
binadh is on a distinguished road
Default Green Card Filing Questions

My three yrs of H1B will be over on Sep 30th of 2007. I have not filed for anything yet. I was talking to few employers and found one who is willing to start my GC processing from scratch. He is willing to post an ad on June 1st week of 2007.
My question is - is it a good idea to start my process right now with the current process. Since they are talking about scraping everything from May 21st 2007 and making everyone to file on Merit based system. Do I have chance to get this case moving in EB3. Oh one more thing- I'm from Nepal but do not qualify for EB2 since its bachelors with 2 plus years of exp.

Please advise.

binadh
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2007, 02:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ns007 is on a distinguished road

If I were you I would start the GC process in current system presuming that your employer is footing the expenses. No one knows if and when the merit system will be implemented.

Even if it is implemented, you would not lose anything. You can start the new GC process in the new system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binadh
My three yrs of H1B will be over on Sep 30th of 2007. I have not filed for anything yet. I was talking to few employers and found one who is willing to start my GC processing from scratch. He is willing to post an ad on June 1st week of 2007.
My question is - is it a good idea to start my process right now with the current process. Since they are talking about scraping everything from May 21st 2007 and making everyone to file on Merit based system. Do I have chance to get this case moving in EB3. Oh one more thing- I'm from Nepal but do not qualify for EB2 since its bachelors with 2 plus years of exp.

Please advise.

binadh

Old 05-31-2007, 02:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/1999
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/11/1999
Compare
zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of

I am guessing, you will have to pay some part of this thing, since you still have more than 3 yrs.. I would wait.. In fact if you aren't in a hurry to change job.. wait for that too.. see how this thing moves thro' senate and house by month end, and take decisions based on that.. nothing is going to change between now and then.. since you are from Nepal, I don't see any big retrogression issues for you..
Unless you wanted to change employer anyways and new employer is paying for everything and you wanna join him regardless of GC thing.. then you can go forward..
Otherwise I think wait and watch is the best option here..

Old 05-31-2007, 02:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-00
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
binadh is on a distinguished road

The employer is not paying for this. Thats why I am still going back and forth on this. Also, they are talking about stopping corp-to-corp. I'm not sure what I should do now. ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns007
If I were you I would start the GC process in current system presuming that your employer is footing the expenses. No one knows if and when the merit system will be implemented.

Even if it is implemented, you would not lose anything. You can start the new GC process in the new system.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold

Its never late to go ahead and start GC process now.. I wouldn't spend more time in thinking if law will change or what..

Please send web-fax and contribute to IV..
Thanks for joining IV.

Quote:

Please advise.

binadh

Old 05-31-2007, 02:49 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Compare
Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice

Quote:

Please advise.

binadh

CIR is still a proposal. It may or may not become law. If it will get implemented, it may or may not be implemented in the current form.

Based on those facts itís your call based on your situation. If you apply now, the worst case scenario would be that you will loose some money if you had to re-apply. On the other hand, if CIR is not implemented and you waited, you will have lost an earlier PD.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ns007 is on a distinguished road

Then, take zCool's advice and wait for another couple of months to see how things move at the hill.

Quote:
The employer is not paying for this. Thats why I am still going back and forth on this. Also, they are talking about stopping corp-to-corp. I'm not sure what I should do now. ...

Last edited by ns007; 05-31-2007 at 03:03 PM.