Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2007, 02:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2005
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2005
Compare
engineer is a jewel in the rough engineer is a jewel in the rough engineer is a jewel in the rough engineer is a jewel in the rough
Default Meeting with Congressman Keith Ellison, MN

Keith Ellison, Congressman from MN was in Milwaukee, WI today.
I had a chance to meet with him on a small gathering for his fund raiser.

He is a member of Judiciary commitee.

We asked him questions on how to become more active in Politics, how Congress works etc etc.

He gave a good example:
He said politicians are like a mom with many kids..one kid is labor union asking for help for their issues, other is teachers union etc etc.
And if one kid is shy and does not say anything then he is not going to get anything.

Point is very simple, Congress needs to heard like crazy from legal Immigrants about issues. So please on Mon during lunch call your congressman every day for next week. Send them faxes, emails etc.
So when they vote they know that what are issues for legal immigrants.

If you don't then you won't get anything. It is that simple.

thanks,
engineer
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2007, 02:57 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute

This came up to my mind : In senate there was voting on whether to bring immigration bill or not on to table , voting is around 60+ - 30+ , now these 30+ are sure they are going to reject it atleast with 90% confidence. we need to target the remaining 60 more compared to 30 who are already against to senate bill. This is very imp i dont know how to gather those details any help please ?

Old 06-03-2007, 03:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice

Thanks. When you get a chance can you please send web faxes. It is under main menu on the left side.
You can send the faxes to all 50 states. Please update the web fax thread once you are done!

Thank you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer

We asked him questions on how to become more active in Politics, how Congress works etc etc.

He gave a good example:
He said politicians are like a mom with many kids..one kid is labor union asking for help for their issues, other is teachers union etc etc.
And if one kid is shy and does not say anything then he is not going to get anything.

Point is very simple, Congress needs to heard like crazy from legal Immigrants about issues. So please on Mon during lunch call your congressman every day for next week. Send them faxes, emails etc.

thanks,
engineer

Old 06-03-2007, 03:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2005
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2005
Compare
engineer is a jewel in the rough engineer is a jewel in the rough engineer is a jewel in the rough engineer is a jewel in the rough
Default webfax

I didnot like the webfax as it doesnot cover wishes of many people like me. People who have approved Perm should be allowed to file I140 and I1485 under old system even if Point Based system becomes law.

engineer

Old 06-03-2007, 03:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
pkv is a jewel in the rough pkv is a jewel in the rough pkv is a jewel in the rough
Default webfax

Though I sent webfaxes, But I am not very convinced.
Its same text in every fax. Its not personalized.

For senatores it will be a spam kind of thing. So many faxes with just different name but same text.

I am not also happy about language. Its not very effective!!!

Old 06-03-2007, 03:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of
Default then suggest

then suggest what you like on text pkv

Old 06-03-2007, 03:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy007
This came up to my mind : In senate there was voting on whether to bring immigration bill or not on to table , voting is around 60+ - 30+ , now these 30+ are sure they are going to reject it atleast with 90% confidence. we need to target the remaining 60 more compared to 30 who are already against to senate bill. This is very imp i dont know how to gather those details any help please ?
I agree with bigboy007 that we should only focus on INTRESTED senators/congressman

Old 06-03-2007, 05:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about
Default any feedback on our issues

Quote:

He gave a good example:

thanks,
engineer

Hey

buddy nice post , did u get a chance to discuss any of our issues with the congressman?

Old 06-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice
Default Please see CORE TEAM MSG

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...t=4618&page=23

Thank you

Old 06-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold

If you don't like web-fax then you can make phone call or send email with your message in it. Also please contribute to IV.
What do you think?

Quote:
I didnot like the webfax as it doesnot cover wishes of many people like me. People who have approved Perm should be allowed to file I140 and I1485 under old system even if Point Based system becomes law.

engineer

Old 06-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold

You can call or send email with your personalized message.
What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkv
Though I sent webfaxes, But I am not very convinced.
Its same text in every fax. Its not personalized.

For senatores it will be a spam kind of thing. So many faxes with just different name but same text.

I am not also happy about language. Its not very effective!!!

Old 06-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default webfax

numbers are critical to lawmakers and so...
don't think of this as spam!
if it was useless orgs like AILA, ALIPAC and NumbersUSA would not be bothering with webfaxes to lawmakers.
the legislative staff bunch them together and gauge the numbers of people interested in a particular provision or specific relief. therefore the emalils and the webfaxes, even though they have standard language are critical.
As for including every single provision and relief in the webfax, this would not work. It has to be concise and specific with some core issues highlighted- remember iv works with major lobbying firms and certainly has input from people with a lot of experience. Webfaxes and e mails do buy access though for our core team and lobbyists and highlight our issue. Once that is achieved we have a much better chance of getting friendly amendments with various different kinds of relief- including things not specifically mentioned in the webfax itself.

Having said this, it does not stop members from ALSO writing individual e mails to lawmakers highlighting our problems in your own language. I have done so myself and had very encouraging success in getting specific personal responses from the staff of some lawmakers. You all know who friendly senators are, write to them specifically by all means highlighting your individual problems, end my mentioning iv and it's work for skilled immigrants. I even posted the iv message at the end of my personalized e mails.

Please send the iv web fax and e mails and do make the additional efforts as well. and don't forget to contribute...

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!