Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future
Question Lobby the White House with Web Fax Campaign?

Quote:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

Contacting the White House

Mailing Address
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Phone Numbers

Comments: 202-456-1111
Switchboard: 202-456-1414
FAX: 202-456-2461
Would it make sense to lobby the White House with web fax and phone campaign? Despite his shortcomings
Presdient Bush is generally pro-immigration -both Skilled and Unskilled.
I know the bill has a long way to go. Perhaps they might bring this attention to the law makers??
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Compare
jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default CIR Withdrwan?

I just saw news alert on CNN.com that Democrats have withdrawn the CIR.

Can we have sigh of relief?????

Old 06-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future
Exclamation Not quiet

Quote:
I just saw news alert on CNN.com that Democrats have withdrawn the CIR.

Can we have sigh of relief?????
Nothing is better than this bill.

After the "grand bargain" this is grand posturing by the dems. The pro-illegal lobby is day dreaming that they could railroad everyone else and push this "grand bargain". It ain't going to happen. The bill will have to go through some serious fixing.

Here is Attorney Siskind's take on this:

http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/
CLOTURE DEFEATED; REID PULLS BILL FOR NOW
For those of you who don't know what the term means, it's a vote to end debate and get to a final vote on a bill. If you want to kill a bill, you can defeat a cloture motion with just 40 votes. That's the so-called filibuster, though they don't do it with the marathon debates like in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington with Jimmy Stewart.

Anyway, Senator Reid tried to invoke cloture this morning and was soundly defeated. And he tried again this evening and was just defeated 45-50. Reid has just announced that he is pulling the bill from the Senate floor. He indicated that the bill could still be done in the next few weeks.

My quick take - there's a deal being negotiated behind the scenes similar to what we saw a few weeks ago. I have good reason to believe this is happening, though it's hard to say how long it will take. But it will involve some very important changes to the bill. I would expect that the bill will be back in a week or two. And there will be a negotiation on the number of amendment votes.

By the way, if this sounds familiar, a similar drama played out last year on the amendments issue. And a deal was reached then. It will be this time as well, in my opinion