Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Berkeleybee is on a distinguished road
Default IV: Comprehensive Reform, PACE, TALENT etc

All,

Just to put this issue to bed once and for all. IV is committed to bringing its goals into legislation -- we are not wedded to any particular piece of legislation. If Plan A doesn't work, there is Plan B, C and D. Each with its own advantages and disadvantages.

There have been some people who have been saying "Comprehensive reform is dead IV should work on PACE/Poster's favorite option."

(1) It is not certain that CIR is dead. We are not about to toss it aside before the Senate has.

(2) IV is fully prepared for PACE -- we have studied all of PACE's provisons (have the theorists even done this?). Did you happen to notice that one of the co-sponsors of PACE has already offered an amendment for us? We also have support from other co-sponsors.

(3) Our amendments show that we have support no matter which legislation goes forward -- we have to shore up this support and make sure we get more for floor votes.

BTW, I notice that some of our new theorists became members only a few days ago, probably to read the live update threads, and just a few days after that they start opining about what IV should do. ;-) Have they done anything with/for IV: volunteer, contribute, send webfaxes? I doubt it.

Note to new members: please visit our Resources section and familiarize yourself with the material there, at the very least you'll see we have been doing our homework and we are not a one-theory-one-legislation group.

best,
Berkeleybee

Last edited by Berkeleybee; 04-09-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramboom1 is on a distinguished road
Default No Problems

The CIR has gone into Senate Judiciary Committee. In my opinion, IV has worked as professional unit and acheived a lot. The task handled by IV core team is new just as it would be for any of us. IV need not even mention about the theorist. Let IV go about its task and there are so many people supporting it and contributing to it. IF CIR does not work out, there will be other options.
Good Luck and Best wishes.

Old 04-09-2006, 04:39 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
atlfp is on a distinguished road

I guess Berkeleybee was talking about me....I posted a few theories in another thread regarding PACE act.

I certainly understand the IV has done a lot and am very excited about what you have achieved. Not sure how you view it, but I think posting my view in the forum is also a form of support. It may not be as much as you wanted, but nevertheless it by no mean is saying what you did was wrong, it's just some thing I thought about and I thought it might be worth to bring up. But If this bothers you then I have no problem to shut up.

Not sure why IV chose to lock up live update threading to member only though. Growing number of members is definitely good, but I am not sure about forcing people to register to read. People participant when there is a passion in it, forcing they into it more or less drive the passion away.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeleybee
All,

Just to put this issue to bed once and for all. IV is committed to bringing its goals into legislation -- we are not wedded to any particular piece of legislation. If Plan A doesn't work, there is Plan B, C and D. Each with its own advantages and disadvantages.

There have been some people who have been saying "Comprehensive reform is dead IV should work on PACE/Poster's favorite option."

(1) It is not certain that CIR is dead. We are not about to toss it aside before the Senate has.

(2) IV is fully prepared for PACE -- we have studied all of PACE's provisons (have the theorists even done this?). Did you happen to notice that one of the co-sponsors of PACE has already offered an amendment for us? We also have support from other co-sponsors.

(3) Our amendments show that we have support no matter which legislation goes forward -- we have to shore up this support and make sure we get more for floor votes.

BTW, I notice that some of our new theorists became members only a few days ago, probably to read the live update threads, and just a few days after that they start opining about what IV should do. ;-) Have they done anything with/for IV: volunteer, contribute, send webfaxes? I doubt it.

Note to new members: please visit our Resources section and familiarize yourself with the material there, at the very least you'll see we have been doing our homework and we are not a one-theory-one-legislation group.

best,
Berkeleybee

Old 04-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Germany
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
CCC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlfp
I guess Berkeleybee was talking about me....I posted a few theories in another thread regarding PACE act.

I certainly understand the IV has done a lot and am very excited about what you have achieved. Not sure how you view it, but I think posting my view in the forum is also a form of support. It may not be as much as you wanted, but nevertheless it by no mean is saying what you did was wrong, it's just some thing I thought about and I thought it might be worth to bring up. But If this bothers you then I have no problem to shut up.

Not sure why IV chose to lock up live update threading to member only though. Growing number of members is definitely good, but I am not sure about forcing people to register to read. People participant when there is a passion in it, forcing they into it more or less drive the passion away.

Just my 2 cents.
I agree with you atlfp. I have been a member for a few weeks now but i have been reading the threads in IV for a long time. I have contributed 600$ along the way because i believe in what IV is trying to acheive. Not being a member did not stop me from contributing to IV and i signed up because i wanted to read the live updates. I don't think there is anything wrong with doing that either. I think posting suggestions/thoughts/ideas are excellent and atlfp you should not stop doing so.

To Berkeleybee, i have recently noticed that you always ask the people directly or indirectly whether they know more than you. While It may be true that you guys know more than us, because u spend hours upon hours making it your business to know, but that does not mean you would want to curb free speech. We are grateful to each and every IV core member for their extrodinary efforts, but do not admonish us because somebody wishes to express their ideas. Who knows if people propose 100 theories there might be 1 out there that even you guys have not thought about.

Personally if i were a member of the core team, i would not even bother to respond back to the threads where the so called theory holds no water. There are enough people in this forum to speculate for you :-).

Keep up the good work Core Team.. Adios

Old 04-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Berkeleybee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCC
To Berkeleybee, i have recently noticed that you always ask the people directly or indirectly whether they know more than you. While It may be true that you guys know more than us, because u spend hours upon hours making it your business to know, but that does not mean you would want to curb free speech. We are grateful to each and every IV core member for their extrodinary efforts, but do not admonish us because somebody wishes to express their ideas. Who knows if people propose 100 theories there might be 1 out there that even you guys have not thought about.

Personally if i were a member of the core team, i would not even bother to respond back to the threads where the so called theory holds no water. There are enough people in this forum to speculate for you :-).
CCC,

Wonderful to hear from a contributing member and thanks for the warm words.

IV has no interest in curbing free speech. All we ask is that new members go through forum posts and resource docs to see what IV has said on a given subject, and also realize that we have done our homework. How about asking us if we have considered an issue rather than telling us what to do (without much research) -- which is the tone that some new member posts take.

As for not responding to theories -- well they just take on a life of their own if we don't respond. IV has no intention of letting its forums become a chaotic space with misinformation and assorted half-baked theories.

best,
Berkeleybee

Old 04-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Germany
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
CCC is on a distinguished road

Understood.

Old 04-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
atlfp is on a distinguished road

I think I should apologize for being not careful about the tone. It was just an thought poping out of my head anyway. Also I want to clarify that I do understand and realize how much work IV has done. It's a tremendous amount of sacrifice that not everybody can or willing to afford. I believe most other visitors/members think the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeleybee
CCC,

Wonderful to hear from a contributing member and thanks for the warm words.

IV has no interest in curbing free speech. All we ask is that new members go through forum posts and resource docs to see what IV has said on a given subject, and also realize that we have done our homework. How about asking us if we have considered an issue rather than telling us what to do (without much research) -- which is the tone that some new member posts take.

As for not responding to theories -- well they just take on a life of their own if we don't respond. IV has no intention of letting its forums become a chaotic space with misinformation and assorted half-baked theories.

best,
Berkeleybee