Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8
gulbir is on a distinguished road
Default Live CIR Update June 26th

Hey guys,
Use this thread to start discussion on the resurrected CIR bill ...

Can someone put the link for the CSPAN live channel...?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8
gulbir is on a distinguished road
Default Here is the link guys ...

http://www.c-span.org/watch/cs_cspan...at=TV&Code=CS2
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 143
Circus123 is just really nice Circus123 is just really nice Circus123 is just really nice Circus123 is just really nice
Default The latest update is CIR has again comeback

Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 262
ujjvalkoul will become famous soon enough
Default

Call to oppose menendez Ammdtt...

TIER III (ALL 100) SENATORS : PHONE NUMBERS:

1. Akaka, Daniel K. (D - HI) 202-224-6361
2. Alexander, Lamar (R - TN) 202-224-4944
3. Allard, Wayne (R - CO) 202-224-5941
4. Baucus, Max (D - MT) 202-224-2651
5. Bayh, Evan (D - IN) 202-224-5623
6. Bennett, Robert F. (R - UT) 202-224-5444
7. Biden, Joseph R., Jr. (D - DE) 202-224-5042
8. Bingaman, Jeff (D - NM) 202-224-5521
9. Bond, Christopher S. (R - MO) 202-224-5721
10. Boxer, Barbara (D - CA) 202-224-3553
11. Brown, Sherrod (D - OH) 202-224-2315
12. Brownback, Sam (R - KS) 202-224-6521
13. Bunning, Jim (R - KY) 202-224-4343
14. Burr, Richard (R - NC) 202-224-3154
15. Byrd, Robert C. (D - WV) 202-224-3954
16. Cantwell, Maria (D - WA) 202-224-3441
17. Cardin, Benjamin L. (D - MD) 202-224-4524
18. Carper, Thomas R. (D - DE) 202-224-2441
19. Casey, Robert P., Jr. (D - PA) 202-224-6324
20. Chambliss, Saxby (R - GA) 202-224-3521
21. Clinton, Hillary Rodham (D - NY) 202-224-4451
22. Coburn, Tom (R - OK) 202-224-5754
23. Cochran, Thad (R - MS) 202-224-5054
24. Coleman, Norm (R - MN) 202-224-5641
25. Collins, Susan M. (R - ME) 202-224-2523
26. Conrad, Kent (D - ND) 202-224-2043
27. Corker, Bob (R - TN) 202-224-3344
28. Cornyn, John (R - TX) 202-224-2934
29. Craig, Larry E. (R - ID) 202-224-2752
30. Crapo, Mike (R - ID) 202-224-6142
31. DeMint, Jim (R - SC) 202-224-6121
32. Dodd, Christopher J. (D - CT) 202-224-2823
33. Dole, Elizabeth (R - NC) 202-224-6342
34. Domenici, Pete V. (R - NM) 202-224-6621
35. Dorgan, Byron L. (D - ND) 202-224-2551
36. Durbin, Richard (D - IL) 202-224-2152
37. Ensign, John (R - NV) 202-224-6244
38. Enzi, Michael B. (R - WY) 202-224-3424
39. Feingold, Russell D. (D - WI) 202-224-5323
40. Feinstein, Dianne (D - CA) 202-224-3841
41. Graham, Lindsey (R - SC) 202-224-5972
42. Grassley, Chuck (R - IA) 202-224-3744
43. Gregg, Judd (R - NH) 202-224-3324
44. Hagel, Chuck (R - NE) 202-224-4224
45. Harkin, Tom (D - IA) 202-224-3254
46. Hatch, Orrin G. (R - UT) 202-224-5251
47. Hutchison, Kay Bailey (R - TX) 202-224-5922
48. Inhofe, James M. (R - OK) 202-224-4721
49. Inouye, Daniel K. (D - HI) 202-224-3934
50. Isakson, Johnny (R - GA) 202-224-3643
51. Johnson, Tim (D - SD) 202-224-5842
52. Kennedy, Edward M. (D - MA) 202-224-4543
53. Kerry, John F. (D - MA) 202-224-2742
54. Klobuchar, Amy (D - MN) 202-224-3244
55. Kohl, Herb (D - WI) 202-224-5653
56. Kyl, Jon (R - AZ) 202-224-4521
57. Landrieu, Mary L. (D - LA) 202-224-5824
58. Lautenberg, Frank R. (D - NJ) 202-224-3224
59. Leahy, Patrick J. (D - VT) 202-224-4242
60. Levin, Carl (D - MI) 202-224-6221
61. Lincoln, Blanche L. (D - AR) 202-224-4843
62. Lott, Trent- (R - MS) 202-224-6253
63. Lugar, Richard G. (R - IN) 202-224-4814
64. Martinez, Mel (R - FL) 202-224-3041
65. McCain, John (R - AZ) 202-224-2235
66. McCaskill, Claire (D - MO) 202-224-6154
67. McConnell, Mitch (R - KY) 202-224-2541
68. Menendez, Robert (D - NJ) 202-224-4744
69. Mikulski, Barbara A. (D - MD)

202-224-4654
70. Murkowski, Lisa (R - AK) 202-224-6665
71. Murray, Patty (D - WA) 202-224-2621
72. Nelson, Bill (D - FL) 202-224-5274
73. Nelson, E. Benjamin (D - NE) 202-224-6551
74. Obama, Barack (D - IL) 202-224-2854
75. Pryor, Mark L. (D - AR) 202-224-2353
76. Reed, Jack (D - RI) 202-224-4642
77. Reid, Harry (D - NV) 202-224-3542
78. Roberts, Pat (R - KS) 202-224-4774
79. Rockefeller, John D., IV (D - WV) 202-224-6472
80. Salazar, Ken (D - CO) 202-224-5852
81. Sanders, Bernard (I - VT) 202-224-5141
82. Schumer, Charles E. (D - NY) 202-224-6542
83. Sessions, Jeff (R - AL) 202-224-4124
84. Shelby, Richard C. (R - AL) 202-224-5744
85. Smith, Gordon H. (R - OR) 202-224-3753
86. Snowe, Olympia J. (R - ME) 202-224-5344
87. Specter, Arlen (R - PA) 202-224-4254
88. Stabenow, Debbie (D - MI) 202-224-4822
89. Stevens, Ted (R - AK) 202-224-3004
90. Sununu, John E. (R - NH) 202-224-2841
91. Tester, Jon (D - MT) 202-224-2644
92. Thomas, Craig (R - WY) 202-224-6441
93. Thune, John (R - SD) 202-224-2321
94. Vitter, David (R - LA) 202-224-4623
95. Voinovich, George V. (R - OH) 202-224-3353
96. Warner, John (R - VA) 202-224-2023
97. Webb, Jim (D - VA) 202-224-4024
98. Whitehouse, Sheldon (D - RI) 202-224-2921
99. Wyden, Ron (D - OR) 202-224-5244
__________________

IV Colorado State Chapter @ http://groups.yahoo.com/coloradoiv
Contributed $600 and contributing $20/mo
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 143
Circus123 is just really nice Circus123 is just really nice Circus123 is just really nice Circus123 is just really nice
Default CIR bill

What are the 24 amendments to be considered? Does any of them have to do with EB petitions?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 135
aj_jadeja is on a distinguished road
Default # of amendments

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill...bill=s110-1639
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2007, 03:46 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 229
raju123 is on a distinguished road
Default

Number USA reported following possible 24 amendments. Nothing for the EB !!! not Sen Cantwell/kyle amendment. The status quo is better than the new bill. I wish this bill fail.

Democratic Amendments

* Dodd-Menendez S.A. 1199: would increase the annual cap on green cards for parents and extend the parent visitor visa.
* Webb S.A. 1313: Community ties for [amnesty]
* Baucus-Tester S.A. 1236: would strike all reference[s] to REAL ID.
* Sanders-Grassley S.A. 1332 : prohibits companies that have announced mass lay-offs from receiving any new visas, unless these companies could prove that overall employment at their companies would not be reduced by these lay-offs.
* Byrd-Gregg-Cochran S.A. 1344: adds a $500 fee to obtain [amnesty] and sets aside the revenues collected in order to fund border and interior enforcement.
* Menendez-Obama-Feingold S.A. 1317: increases family points in merit system
* Brown S.A. 1340: requires that before employers can be approved to employ Y-1 workers, they must have listed the specific job opportunity with the state employment service agency.
* McCaskill S.A. 1468: increases ban on federal contracts, grants or cooperative agreements to employers who are repeat violators of hiring immigrants who are not authorized to work
* Levin-Brownback S.A.1486: gives access to Iraqis to apply for refugee status under existing U.S. law.
* Leahy S.A. 1386: protect scholars who have been persecuted in their home countries on account of their beliefs, scholarship, or identity.
* Schumer: provides for tamper-proof biometric social security cards
* Boxer S.A. 1198: reduces Y visa cap by number of Y workers who overstay

Republican Amendments

* Alexander S.A. 1161: requires DHS and the Department of State to notify a foreign embassy when one of their nationals has become a U.S. citizen
* Bond S.A. 1255: prohibits green cards for [illegal aliens granted amnesty]
* Coleman S.A. 1473: outlaws state and local policies that prevent public officials * including police and health and safety workers (except for emergency medical assistance)*from inquiring about the immigration status of those they serve if there is “probable cause” to believe the individual being questioned is undocumented.
* Domenici S.A. 1335/1258: increases Federal judgeships
* Ensign S.A. 1490: redetermines work history for current beneficiaries of social security depending on their citizenship status
* Graham S.A. 1465: enforcement. Still being drafted.
* Grassley-Baucus-Obama S.A. 1441: strikes and replaces Title III on employer enforcement
* Hutchinson S.A. 1440: changes the “touchback” requirement from the time of applying for adjustment of status, as it currently stands in the Senate proposed bill, to the time of applying for the Z visa. Increases the number of individuals required to touchback
* Thune S.A. 1174: prevents [illegal aliens] from [being granted amnesty] until all triggers have been met.
* Chambliss S.A. 1318: Totalization agreements
* Isakson S.A. 1282: Preemption/Home Depot
* Graham: Criminal penalties/mandatory minimums for overstays




Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus123
What are the 24 amendments to be considered? Does any of them have to do with EB petitions?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8
gulbir is on a distinguished road
Default Skilled Labor

After reading these potential 24 amendments, one might ponder that mayve being skilled is a curse if this bill gets passed ...
Makes me wonder all along ...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 97
prdgl is on a distinguished road
Default

Increasing family points in merit based system is non-sense. They might as well change the name to family-based system.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 112
n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of
Default Not necessarily

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulbir
After reading these potential 24 amendments, one might ponder that mayve being skilled is a curse if this bill gets passed ...
Makes me wonder all along ...
There is lot more than green card. You have skill. Thats why you are talking about green card and you have different other options like going to other countries. With out skill you would not have known what green card is(except if you are mexican).
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #11 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/07/2007
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 137
GCKaIntezar is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prdgl
Increasing family points in merit based system is non-sense. They might as well change the name to family-based system.
Looking long-term though, it does benefit to many of us (high-skilled GC seekers), who would like to bring in their close families. If you have a sibling, she/he would get now even more points + her/his skill credentials. don't you think so?

Although I have called senators, I doubt this amendment will fail.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #12 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8
gulbir is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_2006
There is lot more than green card. You have skill. Thats why you are talking about green card and you have different other options like going to other countries. With out skill you would not have known what green card is(except if you are mexican).

Well I know I have skill and may be you do to at this point...
Now what other options are you referring too?
Anyways " where there is a skill there is a way" ...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #13 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 97
prdgl is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCKaIntezar
Looking long-term though, it does benefit to many of us (high-skilled GC seekers), who would like to bring in their close families. If you have a sibling, she/he would get now even more points + her/his skill credentials. don't you think so?

Although I have called senators, I doubt this amendment will fail.
Really now! Good luck with your FB based application and you are telling me that you called senators. you know what, I must thank you for your abs illogical ideas.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #14 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 584
starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju123
Number USA reported following possible 24 amendments. Nothing for the EB !!! not Sen Cantwell/kyle amendment. The status quo is better than the new bill. I wish this bill fail.

Democratic Amendments

* Dodd-Menendez S.A. 1199: would increase the annual cap on green cards for parents and extend the parent visitor visa.
* Webb S.A. 1313: Community ties for [amnesty]
* Baucus-Tester S.A. 1236: would strike all reference[s] to REAL ID.
* Sanders-Grassley S.A. 1332 : prohibits companies that have announced mass lay-offs from receiving any new visas, unless these companies could prove that overall employment at their companies would not be reduced by these lay-offs.
* Byrd-Gregg-Cochran S.A. 1344: adds a $500 fee to obtain [amnesty] and sets aside the revenues collected in order to fund border and interior enforcement.
* Menendez-Obama-Feingold S.A. 1317: increases family points in merit system
* Brown S.A. 1340: requires that before employers can be approved to employ Y-1 workers, they must have listed the specific job opportunity with the state employment service agency.
* McCaskill S.A. 1468: increases ban on federal contracts, grants or cooperative agreements to employers who are repeat violators of hiring immigrants who are not authorized to work
* Levin-Brownback S.A.1486: gives access to Iraqis to apply for refugee status under existing U.S. law.
* Leahy S.A. 1386: protect scholars who have been persecuted in their home countries on account of their beliefs, scholarship, or identity.
* Schumer: provides for tamper-proof biometric social security cards
* Boxer S.A. 1198: reduces Y visa cap by number of Y workers who overstay

Republican Amendments

* Alexander S.A. 1161: requires DHS and the Department of State to notify a foreign embassy when one of their nationals has become a U.S. citizen
* Bond S.A. 1255: prohibits green cards for [illegal aliens granted amnesty]
* Coleman S.A. 1473: outlaws state and local policies that prevent public officials * including police and health and safety workers (except for emergency medical assistance)*from inquiring about the immigration status of those they serve if there is “probable cause” to believe the individual being questioned is undocumented.
* Domenici S.A. 1335/1258: increases Federal judgeships
* Ensign S.A. 1490: redetermines work history for current beneficiaries of social security depending on their citizenship status
* Graham S.A. 1465: enforcement. Still being drafted.
* Grassley-Baucus-Obama S.A. 1441: strikes and replaces Title III on employer enforcement
* Hutchinson S.A. 1440: changes the “touchback” requirement from the time of applying for adjustment of status, as it currently stands in the Senate proposed bill, to the time of applying for the Z visa. Increases the number of individuals required to touchback
* Thune S.A. 1174: prevents [illegal aliens] from [being granted amnesty] until all triggers have been met.
* Chambliss S.A. 1318: Totalization agreements
* Isakson S.A. 1282: Preemption/Home Depot
* Graham: Criminal penalties/mandatory minimums for overstays
The list of amendments that will be considered is in a flux - no body knows the exact amendments - the Cantwell/Kyl amendment could be there to be voted upon. Per various articles the whitehouse has used the tech industry to lobby senators so the Cantwell Kyl amend ment is bound to come in the picture
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #15 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 262
ujjvalkoul will become famous soon enough
Default

anyone providing live updates here??
__________________

IV Colorado State Chapter @ http://groups.yahoo.com/coloradoiv
Contributed $600 and contributing $20/mo
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org