Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Email draft

This email has been sent to all major TV anchors...

Hi ,

This is not a regular mail.. I on behalf of many others need the support of honest media persons like you, else our faith in American media will be gone for good....

pl. read on...

Illegal action by USCIS causes $ 300 million loss in a single day to Legal & Skilled Immigrants ( Doctors, Engineers & Scientists ) not counting the hardships.

Skilled immigrants like Doctors, Engineers & Scientists have been paying all the taxes, following all the laws of the land and have been stuck in huge wait period of 3- 7 years to obtain green card.

On 13th of June 07, USCIS announced that all these people stuck for years can apply for the green card starting 2nd July 07. Everyone spent 2 weeks & $3000 per person at the minimum towards Attorney fees, medical tests & other unsalvageable direct costs prepared the application and started to send it to USCIS starting 2nd July 07.

In an unusual act of absolute disregard to the hardships and financial loss of these applicants, USCIS announced on the morning of 2nd July 07 that they will not accept any application for green card.

A COMPLETE REVERSAL OF THEIR EARLIER PLOICY ON THE VERY 1st DAY OF THE WINDOW ANNOUNCED BY THEMSELVES.

If nobody takes an action to support law abiding legal immigrants at this time, everyone talking about supporting the laws of the land on immigration issue needs to look into his / her own eyes in the mirror.

What we demand . Talk to USCIS & encourage them to ATLEAST accept the applications sent by these innocent Skilled Immigrants so that they do not suffer at least the financial loss. USCIS can take their own time to award the green card at a later date

ARE WE ASKING FOR TOO MUCH ???????????????????
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
saimrathi is on a distinguished road

You should hav also included Zoe's press release...
http://digg.com/politics/Rep_Lofgren..._Visa_Bulletin
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcs
This email has been sent to all major TV anchors...

Hi ,

This is not a regular mail.. I on behalf of many others need the support of honest media persons like you, else our faith in American media will be gone for good....

pl. read on...

Illegal action by USCIS causes $ 300 million loss in a single day to Legal & Skilled Immigrants ( Doctors, Engineers & Scientists ) not counting the hardships.

Skilled immigrants like Doctors, Engineers & Scientists have been paying all the taxes, following all the laws of the land and have been stuck in huge wait period of 3- 7 years to obtain green card.

On 13th of June 07, USCIS announced that all these people stuck for years can apply for the green card starting 2nd July 07. Everyone spent 2 weeks & $3000 per person at the minimum towards Attorney fees, medical tests & other unsalvageable direct costs prepared the application and started to send it to USCIS starting 2nd July 07.

In an unusual act of absolute disregard to the hardships and financial loss of these applicants, USCIS announced on the morning of 2nd July 07 that they will not accept any application for green card.

A COMPLETE REVERSAL OF THEIR EARLIER PLOICY ON THE VERY 1st DAY OF THE WINDOW ANNOUNCED BY THEMSELVES.

If nobody takes an action to support law abiding legal immigrants at this time, everyone talking about supporting the laws of the land on immigration issue needs to look into his / her own eyes in the mirror.

What we demand . Talk to USCIS & encourage them to ATLEAST accept the applications sent by these innocent Skilled Immigrants so that they do not suffer at least the financial loss. USCIS can take their own time to award the green card at a later date

ARE WE ASKING FOR TOO MUCH ???????????????????

Old 07-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

Wrote to Jennifer Ludden at NPR who regularly reports on immigration
email addresses are first name initial followed by lastname at npr dot org, if you would like to write

Old 07-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold
Default Economictimes

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/2170349.cms

Old 07-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold

Any other way you can get in touch with her... phone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixstor
Wrote to Jennifer Ludden at NPR who regularly reports on immigration
email addresses are first name initial followed by lastname at npr dot org, if you would like to write

Old 07-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chintanop is on a distinguished road
Default Please digg the story

Hi all,

Regarding the recent goofup by USCIS, please rate this story

http://digg.com/politics/No_July_4th..._Americans/who

if this receives more than 100 users rating for the story in next 5-10 hours - it would be displayed on the first page. Digg.com is read by hundreds of thousands of web users and there is high chance of getting picked by main stream media.

Note that you ll have to signup as digg.com member to rate it - it ll just take 30 secs of your time.

Sorry I wasn't able to submit the official IV prlog.com url since it is not accepted by Digg.

thanks.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintanop
Hi all,

if this receives more than 100 users rating for the story in next 5-10 hours - it would be displayed on the first page. Digg.com is read by hundreds of thousands of web users and there is high chance of getting picked by main stream media.

Note that you ll have to signup as digg.com member to rate it - it ll just take 30 secs of your time.

Sorry I wasn't able to submit the official IV prlog.com url since it is not accepted by Digg.

thanks.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramus
Any other way you can get in touch with her... phone??

I already tried. Looks like she is gone for the holiday. Call 202 513 2000 and by pressing the numbers on the phone you can get to her VM as of now.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintanop
Hi all,

thanks.
Here is one more to digg

http://digg.com/politics/Rep_Lofgren..._Visa_Bulletin

Old 07-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I digged it..

Lets digg this please..

Old 07-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wellwishergc is on a distinguished road

I would suggest getting the congressmen/senators' attention on this issue. If not a short-term benefit, this issue may give us mileage to get a legal-immigration based bill rolling this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixstor

Old 07-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
small2006 has a spectacular aura about small2006 has a spectacular aura about
Default Talk radio show hosts/numbers

Quote:
ooking for the following :
Chris Core
Rush Limbaugh
Sean Hannity
Mark Levin

PD Nov 2005
I-140 Jun 2007 / EB3
http://rkkblogger.blogspot.com/
-----------------------
$20 / monthly
$260 - so far
-----------------------
Mark Levin: http://www.marklevinshow.com/ 1-877-3813811
Sean Hannity: http://www.hannity.com/ 1-800-941-7326
Rush Limbaugh: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.guest.html 1-800-282-2882
Chris Core: http://www.wmal.com/showdj.asp?DJID=2173 1-888-630-WMAL

Old 07-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
psgprasad will become famous soon enough
Default We should contact senators, congressmen also

Requesting IV core to setup webfax and IV action items to call senators and congressmen on the mid month retrogression issue and bad process followed by USCIS and DOS

The response by congresswoman Rep. Lofgren should be added in the webfax and our phone calls.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Priority Date
:
May-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold
Default My letter to Sen. Obama

Dear Senator,

After having spent thousands of dollars in legal counsel, medical tests, documentations, affidavits and many days of hurried preparation to file adjustment of status (AOS) for my green card application, USCIS has pulled a fast one me and the legal high skilled community.

On June 13th 2007, Department Of State indicated visa availability for all applicants starting July 1st causing thousands of prospective legal high skilled immigrants to prepare their applications only to be surprised on the very first day (July 2nd) with rejections due to apparent exhaustion of existing visas.

This unprecented and possibly illegal action on part of USCIS, has left high skilled immigrants like myself in a limbo. We are wondering what we have done to be wronged in this way. I am a law abiding, tax paying resident contributing to the economy.

Please help us in overcoming this situation. We definetly do not deserve such treatment for having followed the law in the land of opportunity on the eve of independence day.

Thank You,

Sincerely,

Old 07-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
sertasheep will become famous soon enough
Default Stories

We have the following stories compiled so far;

New Jersey Member Stories

Disclaimer:This is a PDF. Please use your discretion and caution in scanning it for viruses.

Please note that we need all the extra help, and require your diligent set of eyes and ears.
In addition to that, you can also publish your story here as a post along with your Name and bio details like in the above document.

Last edited by sertasheep; 07-03-2007 at 05:46 PM.