Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
hibhagya is on a distinguished road
Default We have seen only one senator requesting for more evidence about Visa bulletin

I guess we need to communicate our voices to all senators across united states. we need to spread the word at the earliest to get a quick action on this from governament.
I Guess some one should compose and message ,consolidate all web faxes and phone numbers at one place just like how we did it for CIR bill.

It will be easy for members to send information easily.

If each senator recieves more than 10,000 emails or faxes or phone calls then we can hope there is a chance to file 485 this month or at the earliest in October.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2007, 08:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute

clochhead@sfchronicle.com.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice
Default We need 10 more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintanop
Hi all,

Regarding the recent goofup by USCIS, please rate this story

http://digg.com/politics/No_July_4th..._Americans/who

if this receives more than 100 users rating for the story in next 5-10 hours - it would be displayed on the first page. Digg.com is read by hundreds of thousands of web users and there is high chance of getting picked by main stream media.

Note that you ll have to signup as digg.com member to rate it - it ll just take 30 secs of your time.

Sorry I wasn't able to submit the official IV prlog.com url since it is not accepted by Digg.

thanks.
come on folks... please log on...

Old 07-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice
Default This needs to be updated

85 and counting...

http://digg.com/politics/Rep_Lofgren...a_Bulletin/who

Old 07-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/16/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of
Default Wish the Senators a Happy Independence Day in the mail ....

Wish the Senators a Happy Independence Day in the mail ....

Lets go guys its time to fill up those emails and fax machines .....

Old 07-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikka

and counting...

Old 07-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drirshad
Wish the Senators a Happy Independence Day in the mail ....

Lets go guys its time to fill up those emails and fax machines .....

Please try to understand who is a senator and who is a representative. While that might not make any difference to us, it is of great importance if some one happens to get on our forums. Rep Zoe Lofgren. Not Senator Lofgren

Old 07-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of
Default Dugg it

http://digg.com/politics/Rep_Lofgren...Bulle tin/who

It's showing up on the front page now as far as I can tell.

jazz

Old 07-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
Bhutan
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
michellezbb will become famous soon enough michellezbb will become famous soon enough
Default letter to senator

please at least send out to your state's senator.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

Dear Mr. Senator,

My name is xxx, and I’m working as an xx in xx,xx.

I am sending this letter in strong protest of the outrageous bait-and-switch melodrama that the US Department of State and the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) have put on recently. Specifically, on June 13, 2007, the State Department announced that people seeking permanent residence based on employment would be allowed to proceed to file their applications starting on July 2, 2007

As a result, I took immediate action, spending a huge amount of time and effort preparing all the required documents and having them sent out to my attorney ASAP. However, on the very morning of July 2, the US Department of State announced that they just changed their mind and decided to reject all applications. This is such a ridiculous hoax, and it’s particularly shocking when you realize that such nonsensical and willy-nilly decisions came from the US Department of State!

As a hard-working student, I got my graduate education in this great country and was fortunate enough to get a job upon graduation. As a law-abiding individual, I have been waiting patiently in line for years to file my application for permanent residence. Yet what I’ve just seen and experienced is more than disappointing not only to me, but to thousands upon thousands of legal immigrants just like me who have struggled so hard to deal with all kinds of difficulties for years and have been doing it the right way.

I have below questions needed to be clarified:

1. How many applications have USCIS received during the period 6/14/2007 through 6/30/2007? This number is critical because apparently this number has changed the US Department of State’s opinion about the visa availability from available to unavailable in 15 days. And a more interesting question is that is this number predictable? In another word, did the US Department of US take this number in consideration when they determine that the visa will be available to all employment-based immigrants on June 13, 2007?

2. The announcement of the revised July visa availability was made in the earlier morning of July 2, 2007. Apparently, the decision was made before but not in the morning of July 2, 2007. Then, why didn’t the US Department of State release the news as soon as the decision was made in a good faith effort to inform all potential applicants at the first time? It should be anticipated that a lot of applicants would their application at the very beginning of the month. As you can imagine, all those effort are just wasted. And the worst of all is the feeling of being cheated and being fooled around.

3. My application was prepared to send to USCIS on July based on the best information available at that point of time. However, the application will be rejected/returned in accordance with the sudden announcement made in the morning of 7/2/2007. Does the US Department of State have the legal right to revise the cut-off date without going through certain procedures? Can we still trust and rely on the visa bulletin issued by the US Department of State to prepare our change of status application in the future?

Again, this is such a ridiculous hoax and it’s hard to believe the US Department of State just ate its own word like that. That is why I would like to take the liberty of writing to you about my outrage. I sincerely hope that you can take some precious time looking into this, and also at the current immigration system, which I believe is seriously flawed and patently unfair.

Thanks and best regards,

xx

Old 07-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzByTheBay
http://digg.com/politics/Rep_Lofgren...Bulle tin/who

It's showing up on the front page now as far as I can tell.

jazz
both stories are on top!!
we can also digg the comments

Old 07-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Digg It

http://digg.com/politics/Rep_Lofgren..._Visa_Bulletin - 107

http://digg.com/politics/No_July_4th...Americans/who- 127

thank you

Old 07-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
saimrathi is on a distinguished road

please sign out of digg and then go to digg.com... is it still showing on top?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikka
both stories are on top!!

Old 07-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chintanop is on a distinguished road

both stories are top on Upcoming Stories-> drop down (Most Popular)

Old 07-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Thank you chintan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintanop
both stories are top on Upcoming Stories-> drop down (Most Popular)

for helping us with this...

Old 07-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
she81 has a spectacular aura about she81 has a spectacular aura about she81 has a spectacular aura about

Dugg both.