Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
pdakwala will become famous soon enough pdakwala will become famous soon enough
Default Meet The Lawmakers Drive ON VB FIASCO

We are starting "MEET THE LAWMAKERS FOR VB FIASCO DRIVE.

It is important that you make an apointment with your Senators and House of representative at this time. Explain them what DOS and USCIS have done. Please tell them what kind of conspiracy theory is going on. Tell them we want to know the facts.

Please post here what your lawmakers office have told you.

Last edited by pdakwala; 07-03-2007 at 08:24 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
gc_aspirant_prasad has a spectacular aura about gc_aspirant_prasad has a spectacular aura about

I couldnt get an appointment as they told me the Congressman from my district was travelling & Congress is not in session now.
They had no clue about this & therefore, I encouraged them to consider Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren's statement, letters and initiative after explaining the hoops that we had to jump through & the trials that we all have to bear to compile the documentation, medical records etc.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
sertasheep will become famous soon enough

Prasad and IV members,

When you contact your Congressmen/Senators, can you mention their names (states as well )here, so that other members can figure out who you all got in touch with.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_aspirant_prasad
I couldnt get an appointment as they told me the Congressman from my district was travelling & Congress is not in session now.
They had no clue about this & therefore, I encouraged them to consider Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren's statement, letters and initiative after explaining the hoops that we had to jump through & the trials that we all have to bear to compile the documentation, medical records etc.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
pdakwala will become famous soon enough pdakwala will become famous soon enough

Most of the senators and house of representative will be in your city or state this week and following week. Please try to meet them. This is a golden opportunity to meet them and explain them what you are going through. How much money you have spent. How much trouble you have taken.

If you don't get an apointment with your lawmakers, please meet their staff. Do not sit back. If you are able to arrange the meeting, please post it here so that people from your area can join you. Also post the

1. Name of the lawmakers and their staff whom you met.
2. What was their reaction.
3. What kind of documents they need.

Cheers

Old 07-04-2007, 01:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Compare
abhisam is a splendid one to behold abhisam is a splendid one to behold abhisam is a splendid one to behold abhisam is a splendid one to behold abhisam is a splendid one to behold abhisam is a splendid one to behold abhisam is a splendid one to behold

Please use this URL to write to your representative. Note that it is a .gov URL, so is authentic. I have written to Rep Elton Gallegly.

http://www.house.gov/writerep/

Old 07-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
thakurrajiv will become famous soon enough thakurrajiv will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the link.
Any suggestions on the content ?
What should message focus on ?

Old 07-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute

Here is what I sent ot Mr Peter J Roskam: (Copied this from other thread at IV)

Dear Peter J. Roskam

I, XXX, residing at XXXXXX am a legal non-immigrant since XXX. I am currently on H-1B visa. I’ve been waiting for my US permanent resident visa -also known as green card for the past several years along with 500,000 other educated, highly skilled employment based (EB) immigrants. Many of us have been waiting for our turn to get the green card for 5-10 years while consistently abiding by all the laws of this country. Such long delays are due to tortuous and confusing paper work, back logs due to various quotas and processing delays at US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS).

Several categories of EB immigrant visa numbers have been unavailable (“retrogressed”) since the fall of 2005. Because our immigrant petitions are tied to the sponsoring employer, for many of us these delays have led to indentured servitude. Our professional prospects, job mobility and potential opportunities for entrepreneurship have been shattered.

For the past several decades, the US Department of State (DOS) has been publishing advisories known as visa bulletins once a month to announce the availability of immigrant visa numbers. On June 13, 2007, after a gap of nearly two years, DOS announced that all EB visa numbers would be “current” for the month of July. This meant, irrespective of our “priority date”, all of us were made eligible to apply for some interim immigration benefits. This “priority date” refers to the date when our labor certification (documentation verifying no US citizen worker was available for a given job) had been filed.

This announcement by DOS on 6/13/2007 would not have led to immediate green card for most of us; but at least it would have ensured us interim benefits such as job mobility, some freedom from the employer, work authorization for our spouses and a travel authorization known as “advance parole”. This authorization would allow us to travel outside US without fear of not being able to re-enter the country.

We spent thousands of dollars in legal fees, immigration medical exams, vaccinations, blood tests, x-rays and getting various supporting documents ready to file our immigrant petitions to USCIS. It has been an agonizing two weeks for us. Some of us to had to fly in our spouses from our native countries. To our shock and dismay, on the morning of July 2nd 2007, USCIS announced that EB visa numbers were not available and all our petitions would be rejected. Within a span of 2 weeks, to be precise -in 12 working days- USCIS claims to have approved 60,000 EB immigrant visa petitions. This unprecedented rapid action of USCIS has led to exhaustion of all the available visa numbers for this fiscal year. Meanwhile it is prognosticated that in the next fiscal year, which begins on October 1, 2007, our plight and delays would actually worsen.

Interestingly USCIS has never processed so many applications this fast, and it is unclear why they did not convey this potential exhaustion of visa numbers to DOS before June 13, 2007.

For the legal skilled immigrants this has been a rather traumatizing and disheartening experience.

We sincerely seek immediate congressional/ legislative remedial measures which would
(1) Reduce the enormous backlogs of green card petitions of legal skilled immigrants
(2) Ensure and enable USCIS not to reject our immigrant visa petitions and give us interim benefits of a pending immigrant visa petition.

We make this sincere request on this Independence Day with the hope that people who played by the rules will be rewarded.

Yours Sincerely,
3. I-485 applied on: July 2007. Still pending approval
4. EB2 filed with new employer and approved
5. EB2 I-140 approved in Sep 2013

Contributed $200 so far.
Registered in June 2007.

Old 07-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of

Posted a message to Jeff Flake (AZ)