Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Contact - Senators, Congressman and President for regarding unprecedented move by DOS (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/6061-contact-senators-congressman-and-president-for-regarding-unprecedented-move-by-dos.html)

andy007 07-05-2007 11:56 AM

TANA Convension @ Washington!!

Bill Clinton & Hillary Clinton is coming to TANA in Washington.. i am from bay area.. i know lot of people are going this.. please take a print out and talk personally, explain our problems.. Please Thanks

pcs 07-05-2007 11:57 AM

WE actually need to have WEB FAX on this

We need to have sticky & web fax on this issue

makemygc 07-05-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcs

This thread should be sticky as that will encourage others to do the same. I am wondering why there is no such guidelines from core so far but then I think core is just one of us like pcs who takes the initiatives.

Nice job pcs.

eb3_nepa 07-05-2007 12:01 PM

No No No

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcs

NO NO NO NO NO!!!

NO more of the webfax nonsense. We EACH need to take the time and effort and write a personalized letter and fax it to the right person.

No more templatized crap. If you want something done, DO IT YOURSELF and take the time for it!!

andy007 07-05-2007 12:08 PM

Please give me In Details !!

I will go and meet couple of them today ... From Oakland (CA) to Stockton (CA) my selft and meet them .. will show all the papers .. Please give me the Links what we need to show.. thanks and we will work hard this week & get media attenion.... and also .. if posible we will do rally also ..

eb3_nepa 07-05-2007 12:41 PM

Bumping this thread.

GUYS Call CALL CALL

eb3_nepa 07-05-2007 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rax1
Pl create a webfax that I can send to my Senator or congresswoman. Or create a package that we can print and mail to the senators/reps.

Pappu bhai do something regarding this.

Rax1, why do you need PAPPU to do something, why can you not call and Fax something yourself? Are you not proficient in English, are you not educated enough.

Can you not write a ONE page letter spedifying what happened on July 2nd and how it affected your life and that of your family? Can you not call your local senator and congressperson and educate them about what went down on July 2nd?

Come on people, if you want JUSTICE, get up and do something YOURSELF. All we are asking you to do is Write ONE page letters. Does The IV core have to spoon feed us EVERYTHING? If you are busy ask someone in your family to do this for you.

eb3_nepa 07-05-2007 12:56 PM

Procedure

1) Get the phone and fax numbers of the local office from the senate and house websites
2) Call the local office and get the name of the "Immigration In-charge"
3) Fax a personalized copy addressed to the Senator/Congressperson but on the VERY top say "Attention Mr in-charge} ",to the immigration in-charge.
4) Follow up after a few hours with phone call.

PLEASE WRITE PERSONALIZED Letters Explaining YOUR OWN PLIGHT. PLEASE DO NOT Depend on Templatized faxes.

kalia 07-05-2007 01:10 PM

We should contact John Cornyn of Texas who introduce the skill bill. We should bring the VB fiasco to his notice.

There is no need for webfax. Just go to your senators or House of representative website and sent them an email. You can also call them and give them this information.

bijualex29 07-05-2007 01:11 PM

I called the senators, but they do not have any idea about this issue.

I called the congresswomen and senator from our constituencies. They do not have any idea what I am talking about. I think I made them more confused than ever.

We need to come up with a letter format, which can be printed and send it to them by mail as well as we need to have web fax with a clear message.

gc_aspirant_prasad 07-05-2007 01:13 PM

same here

I had called my congressman & the senators from my state.
They didnt know anything about this so I requested them to study Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren s statement along with telling them my story - expenses, time lost, travel cancelled etc.

newbee7 07-05-2007 01:16 PM

Yes, sending snail mail is a good idea!!

We must try to aviod the I485/ EAD language though.